Cit Check? (Community)

Cit Check? // Community

anyone know if theres anyway to tell if a cit is expired or not? would be
helpful.

-SWE

zeofatex

Jun 13, 2004, 12:44am
Have a bot with ED build something with the citnnum and it'll tell you 'NOT
A CITIZEN' ?

I'm not too sure but I think the bots can look up that info anyway o.O

[View Quote]

starfleet starfleet

Jun 13, 2004, 1:59am
No, that only shows for deleted cits, not expired cits.

[View Quote]

pc hamster

Jun 13, 2004, 1:56pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] When you attempt to log in, you will either be directed to your chosen start
point in AW or receive a dialog form box to renew your cit.

If you hit CANCEL, the AW browser closes.

Hope this helps :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))
http://hamsterville.tripod.com/

weizer

Jun 13, 2004, 1:58pm
This won't work, you need a password.

-Weizer

"pc hamster" <pchamster at comcast.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
40cc7943 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hi everyone:

lol ya, wanna check on other people, not myself :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

wizard myrddin

Jun 13, 2004, 9:03pm
Perhaps this could be a new feature?

If any cit expires, say a new symbol next to their nom de plum. this way we
can see how is no longer a cit.

But mind you it might be to revealing to many if you end up with a contact
list of ex cits

that would be very helpful actually ^_^ would like to know which ones of my
old friends are still in activeworlds!

-SWE

[View Quote]

wizard myrddin

Jun 13, 2004, 9:12pm
Not sure how much to implement such a mod to the messaging system
(Uniserver) It would have to conform with the user database, or even when a
expire becomes evident an auto insertion, just like someone selecting
privacy.

or even if AW.inc wanted to make some money, sell off low cit numbers of say
cits left over 5 years....

What am I bided on citnum 1000

[View Quote]

xelag

Jun 13, 2004, 9:29pm
The problem is public relations :)

How do you think AWI would like people to see how many have been and
left?

Alex

On 13 Jun 2004 19:03:40 -0400, "wizard myrddin" <wizard at caolot.com>
[View Quote] >Perhaps this could be a new feature?

>If any cit expires, say a new symbol next to their nom de plum. this way we
>can see how is no longer a cit.
>
>But mind you it might be to revealing to many if you end up with a contact
>list of ex cits

lol, ya, but hey, it's becomes obvious when you goto AW in the
morning/afternoon european time, and see how many people are actually there
:) AW is becoming as empty as, emm, cheeese? so, they might aswell just
finally admit what everybody already knows :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

archergirl

Jun 15, 2004, 2:57am
Perhaps... gramming would help. course, if they are your friends, you should
know already ;)

~Arche~

[View Quote]

builderz

Jun 15, 2004, 1:08pm
SWE meant *old* friends. I have many, many old friends that I met in the
early days of AW that are now long gone. It would be helpful if there
would be someway to see if their accounts are expired and/or to get a
hold of their e-mail address so one could contact them again.

Builderz
http://www.3DHost.net

[View Quote]

builderz

Jun 15, 2004, 1:09pm
There are European unis you know... :)

Builderz
http://www.3DHost.net

[View Quote] > lol, ya, but hey, it's becomes obvious when you goto AW in the
> morning/afternoon european time, and see how many people are actually there
> :) AW is becoming as empty as, emm, cheeese? so, they might aswell just
> finally admit what everybody already knows :)
>
> -SWE

lioness.

Jun 15, 2004, 4:12pm
yeah but European time isn't the same as Australian time, India time, or
Japan time. Since there is so much diversity in AW, you need to remember
that at some point some of these people go to school, work or sleep, not to
mention other important RL things they do when YOU are logged on. ;-"D

ya! e-mail address would be very helpful lol. i'd have asked about that, but
then everyone would say things like "nooo, i don't want everyone knowing my
e-mail address" and "but it's goes against my privacy" or whatever.

-SWE

been to some, they're all empty aswell :)

-SWE

hey! nothings more important then being online when I am logged on! :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

johnf

Jun 16, 2004, 7:18pm
Perhaps the option to e-mail somebody through AW, hence keeping people's
privacy

~John

[View Quote]

commander sisko starfleet

Jun 16, 2004, 11:33pm
RL important? Those 2 things are mutually exclusive.