Mars? (Community)

Mars? // Community

1  2  |

rossyboy

May 28, 2004, 5:51pm
Immigration Officer: Sorry, you must be a citizen in order to visit the
world "mars". To become a citizen, press the Register Now! button in
the upper left corner of the screen.

I demand an explanation. You don't just un-touristfy a world without
warning.

binarybud

May 28, 2004, 6:32pm
You can if you OWN the damn thing. Who do YOU think you are demanding anything out of them? Remember THEY own your little "game". they can "take their ball and go home" anytime they want.

Period...end of report.

Leo :)

[View Quote]

rossyboy

May 28, 2004, 6:53pm
If they'd given word that they were going to do this I would be more OK
with it. However, as it is it was just sprung on Mars users without warning.

I'm assuming at the moment that it was a mistake (however an angry
response usually gets things fixed quicker).

[View Quote] > You can if you OWN the damn thing. Who do YOU think you are demanding anything out of them? Remember THEY own your little "game". they can "take their ball and go home" anytime they want.

> Period...end of report.
>
> Leo :)

[View Quote]

linn

May 28, 2004, 7:51pm
yep you are right Bud they can destroy a years work award winning I might
add and NOT think of the ppl affected yep they sure can but it wont draw
ppl to AW now will it?

[View Quote]

johnf

May 28, 2004, 7:59pm
I think EVERYBODY in AW should let their cits expire and then we can all
demand that AW lowers prices :-P

LOL

~John

[View Quote]

xelag

May 28, 2004, 8:48pm
On 28 May 2004 16:32:52 -0400, "binarybud"
[View Quote] >You can if you OWN the damn thing. Who do YOU think you are demanding anything out of them? Remember THEY own your little "game". they can "take their ball and go home" anytime they want.

>Period...end of report.
>
>Leo :)

Yes I agree, Leo. But we can take our own ball and go home too :)

Alex

[View Quote]

linn

May 28, 2004, 8:52pm
and what do you mean by end of discussion lol if you have he right name you
can even make racial slurs and AW doesn't care...right xelag!!?

[View Quote]

rossyboy

May 29, 2004, 12:45am
Also, that they own the universe does not justify their behaviour. It
allows it, but doesn't make it intelligent, sensible, friendly OR good
for Active Worlds.

[View Quote] > You can if you OWN the damn thing. Who do YOU think you are demanding anything out of them? Remember THEY own your little "game". they can "take their ball and go home" anytime they want.

> Period...end of report.
>
> Leo :)

[View Quote]

sexy eyes

May 29, 2004, 1:40am
they own the world, and world owners can do what they want with their
worlds. Get a citizenship already, instead of freebieing off everyone else.

[View Quote]

count dracula

May 29, 2004, 3:21am
What frigging racial slurs are you talking about ?

"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40b7c2c3 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> and what do you mean by end of discussion lol if you have he right name
you
> can even make racial slurs and AW doesn't care...right xelag!!?

[View Quote]

count dracula

May 29, 2004, 3:45am
In civilazed part of the world companies usually tell about their changes in
advance, so people have time to adjust to the new "things".

Yes they own the comapny and the company owns the world, but yet we are
paying customers and usually one do not treat customes like shit. If one
choose to do so, companies usually do not last so long.

Now you may wonder, if one is a citizen, why should one worry about tourist
beeing disabled.
Maybe a citizen who get grammed to death wants to hide and build for a
while.
Maybe a citizen wants to meet the non registered friends in some place
Maybe all people are not so rich that they can afford memberships in all
kind of programs just to take a look at them.

By disabling tourists from worlds ( in general) and asking money to have it
back, is like a landlord saying " No you cannot have any visitors unless you
pay a months rental extra". The way AWI did this would have most likely been
illegal in a civilized country also. One do not change an agrement in the
middle of the contract ( It changed about 2 weeks after I had renewed my
world(s)).

I do not see the logic in this either. If I have tourist in my worlds, it do
not cost AWI anything; the load is on my world and objectpath host.

Unfortunatly AWI is not interested at all in "thier" universe and the
citizens there. Their strategy is to sell universes; less hassle , no
complaining citizens and usually technical support needs to be given only
one person in each uni, instead of to 2000 ppl.
This policy do not work in the long run because to get people to buy
univereses one need one big working one, that impress potential buyers.
The day the universes are so videly spread that it is a "concept" the main
universe might not be needed anymore, but I doubt we will ever reach that
day.
To reach this one needs to get people "hooked" and by making things too
complicated ( creditcards for trial, disabling most features) one do not get
it done. For example I might have been potentially hooked to many programs
if the trial would have been easy, but when the first thing they do is ask a
creditcard number ( and they are a random company I surfed into) I do not
like to give out info; I just want to try it first.

"sexy eyes" <twisti at charter.net> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40b80613$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> they own the world, and world owners can do what they want with their
> worlds. Get a citizenship already, instead of freebieing off everyone
else.

[View Quote]

linn

May 29, 2004, 5:31am
Drac if you really want to know email me i wont post them here once
was too many :-)

[View Quote]

carolann

May 29, 2004, 6:07am
>In civilazed part of the world companies usually tell about their changes
in
>advance, so people have time to adjust to the new "things".

>Yes they own the comapny and the company owns the world, but yet we are
>paying customers and usually one do not treat customes like shit. If one
>choose to do so, companies usually do not last so long.

>The way AWI did this would have most likely been illegal in a civilized
country also.

I don't believe it-can't you just leave it the hell alone? You're in a *%&$
newsgroup for a virtual universe-can't you forget the "us vs. them" for even
a little while? Criticize the company if you're paying for their service and
have a problem, you have that right. But it's one of a million companies,
all different, all over the world, some good, some not. Why the US BS in
there? I stopped having anything to do with AW or it's newsgroups mostly
because of all that crap, but heard through the grapevine that some of what
I used to think were my good international friends were nominated for CY's,
so I came here to see what I could find out. I went to the "CY results"
thread (logical? Obviously not) and what do I see? Phrases like

and

USA in Iraqi prisons, as a new example of USA model civilization)"

and

(btw-we don't even SAY "n****r" where I come from, and never have).

How does this happen? Is there nowhere we can be individuals and not
adversaries, judged for ourselves and not by the outside world that we may
have (used to) come to virtual reality to get away from for a few precious
minutes?

I've never abused a prisoner, never lynched a n****r", never participated in
a war-any more than your have, or probably 99% of the readers here. Berate
my virtual world in here if you must, not anything in my real one please.
Not here. Save that for when you meet me in a warzone IF you see me carrying
a gun instead of bandages.

Just a serious comment from a virtual citizen-nothing else should matter to
you in here.

---

count dracula

May 29, 2004, 9:46am
I shall try to reply.
"carolann" <carolannh at charter.net> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40b844d7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> in
>

> country also.
>
> I don't believe it-can't you just leave it the hell alone? You're in a
*%&$
> newsgroup for a virtual universe-can't you forget the "us vs. them" for
even
> a little while? Criticize the company if you're paying for their service
and
> have a problem, you have that right. But it's one of a million companies,
> all different, all over the world, some good, some not. Why the US BS in
> there? I stopped having anything to do with AW or it's newsgroups mostly
> because of all that crap, but heard through the grapevine that some of
what
> I used to think were my good international friends were nominated for
CY's,
> so I came here to see what I could find out. I went to the "CY results"
> thread (logical? Obviously not) and what do I see? Phrases like

As usual you understood me wrong. I never said that USA alone was
uncivilsed, we have of that same stupidity here also and it is increasing
all the time, the more power European Union get. Somehow it sems that EU is
becoming similar to USA. The problem I see with this is that the local
people lose their capability to influence on things.
I am not familiar with how excatly USA works, but lets say some small state
would decide not to go to war different from the official line, I suspect
the official line would overrule the local decission?
This example was quite extreme of course, but when the "big" ones start to
decide about what is good for others, one lose freedom.
In EU it more and more seems that the power is concentrating to France and
Germany (anyone remember what happened last when germany gained power?); and
what do a middle-european know about raindeers in Lapland or fishing in the
greece archipelago?. Yet these people are supposed to decide what is good
for these totally unknown. It is even illegal for a country itself to decide
in matters that concerene only its own matters. I concider this to be highly
uncivilised . Local matters should be decided and solved locally where the
expertice is, not by some byrochrats thousends miles away.
There now I have bashed EU also ( happy now?).

To use the above example when it comes to USA. USA is big and powerfull, so
the official line ( especially now) seems to be that because we are the
biggest we have the right to decide what is best for others ( example force
a different political system into another country), same way as the EU
byrochrats force stupid rules on all people although some thing that work in
Greece do not work in Sweden ( as an example).

So in this sence USA and EU are not civilised; so far EU has mostly
concentrated on mobbing smaller countries within EU, where as USA has done
it globally ( because USA has been around longer).

The conclusion from above should at least be that I do not hate the people
of USA nor EU, only what those things stands for; globalizing, imperialism,
force, control, limitation of freedom etc.

Lets now get back to the original issue, when we have agreed that there is
no civilized country in the world (?).
If AWI had been in for example Germany, I could as well has called it an
uncivilised country, because it is part of EU as Finland, but now AWI happen
to be in USA and that I cannot do anything about. I can just wonder if I had
called for example South Africa or Denmark uncivilased, if it had made you
cuss as well?

In general the protection of customers has been good in the scandinavian
countries ( until EU destroyed what had been built up here). For example
when you deal with a company it is an agreement between you and the company,
and you both are supposed to follow the rules. Example. I rent a car from a
company for lets say 5 months ( we agree on that). The company cannot come
after 1 month and take out the backseat, but it would need to wait until the
5 months are up and then we would need agree on either continuing the
contract with the new rules or then end it. How AWI would do it ( probably
because the law allow it?) , is to rip out the backseat and then demand
money to put it in back in the middle of the leasing contract.

This I have never said. But yes not even USA is civilised. In a civilised
world one do not have crimes or wars, unfortunatly a civilised world is just
a utopia

> and
>
> USA in Iraqi prisons, as a new example of USA model civilization)"

This is something I did not either say, but seems I am blamed for it. Maybe
it is a USA way to do so, someone do/say something , then one look for
someone in the same region and bomb them ? *g*

> and
>

> (btw-we don't even SAY "n****r" where I come from, and never have).

I also read this post and I understood it in an ironical way that is
supposed to give a "wake up shock" to people.

A bit in the same way that the african-american author, Randall Kennedy
named his biography "Nigger"
And before you call this BS here is the link
http://www.readinggroupguides.com/guides3/nigger2.asp and if you type in
his name in google.com picture search you will find that he is black.
I have also noticed that black people often say " Wasup Nigga?" , but if a
white person would say so he is a racist. I think it is racistic against the
white people if we are not able to use same words as black people?
By allowing black people to use the word nigger one either A) should accuse
black people for racism or B)Let the white people use it also.
I honestly cannot see how same word can mean different in a persons mouth
depening on his skin colour, I think that is just very racistic ( in this
case against the white).

> How does this happen? Is there nowhere we can be individuals and not
> adversaries, judged for ourselves and not by the outside world that we may
> have (used to) come to virtual reality to get away from for a few precious
> minutes?

How it happens?
A few reasons I can think of:
1) if one even dare to indicate something bad about USA (goverment) every
american takes it personally and needs to defent themselves. I think you
have made it clear below. I KNOW you are not a bad person and I assume you
are not pro-wars, but yet you seem to dislike when someone dare to say the
for example dislike that coalition soliders molester a prisoner. Not quite
sure what one should belive of this a) you aprove all that your goverment do
and stands for b) you deny that they can do anything wrong ?

2) Now and then people either post a Pro-USA or Anti-USA post and that
triggers a serie of arguments in both ways.

3) Some people act provocative ( I confess something enjoying "pissing off"
the republicans), maybe to have a good laugh at the BS it triggers.

4) Some people take the NG way to serious (you?).

5) Some tend to misunderstand what is said.

5) Some seems to look with a microscope if some thing could in any way be
taken as a negative thing against USA and if yes, then get upset and take it
personally. Like when I said "In civilazed part of the world companies
usually tell about their changes in advance" you automatically took it as
Anti-USA, It could as well have meant " In USA which is civilized, companies
usually tell about changes, but AWI did not", but you decided to use it
against me, how come? Maybe you are somehow anti-hairy guy?

> I've never abused a prisoner, never lynched a n****r", never participated
in
> a war-any more than your have, or probably 99% of the readers here. Berate
> my virtual world in here if you must, not anything in my real one please.
> Not here. Save that for when you meet me in a warzone IF you see me
carrying
> a gun instead of bandages.

With your tax money you are paying those people carrying the guns, you do
not have to do it personally. The question is more like do you aprove how
your tax money is beeing used?

> Just a serious comment from a virtual citizen-nothing else should matter
> you in here.
>

> ---

hicks8

May 29, 2004, 2:26pm
Post by Veger:

:) Let me explain and maybe let you understand WHY this has Happend. I
won
a CY award Saterday may 22 for Mars Central Thankyou Everybody that meant
EVERYTHING to me! Since i have (had) Ps privs on Mars and JP was very cool
to me about things like the two months i worked on getting New Objects and
Avatars and there Textures ready and JP uploaded them to MARS for ALL OF US
to enjoy that was GREAT day for mars!!!
Two days after the Cy's Alphabit sent me the zips for the CY Award
Statue and i asked JP if he could upload them. He told me that i would be
better off PUTTING A PICTURE of one up cause he would have to change the
regestry. I tryed to do that but after all the yrs i worked for a CY this
was not very satisfiying for me. SO
The other day i called up AWI just to find out why i could not have my
CY Statue i worked so hard for and the person on the phone said i had to
give them a idea of why i would want to talk to the complaint department. So
i said i was a TINY BIT upset about this and just wanted to express my
feelings. WELL
Within the Hour JP went to Mars GZ and REMOVED the sign he was so nice
enough to put up for me that would teleport citizens and visitors to MARS
CENTRAL a CY AWARD WINNING BUILD on MARS and the FIRST one MARS EVER GOT!
and changed the sign to Complaint department, and he took away the PS Privs
he gave me and Stoped the Visitors coming to mars just to prove to me WHO
the boss is..
:( So my fellow Citizens this is ALL MY FAULT and i am very sorry for
this once i seen the complaint department sign i called aw back and told
ENZO and JP what the F#$ at they could do with that F at #$$ing Sign, Mars and
AW. and started in on the GATE with 3 ejects, AWGZ with two ejects, and
ONCE ON MARS for the first time ever. :( Sorry
Needless to say after 3 yrs i am no longer a PK 15 anymore and regreat
the fact i EVER CALLED AWI up in the first place. I have embaressed myslef
so much in the past few days that i guess its time for me to go to OW were
NOBODY is at and just be by myself and i will rebuild Mars Central over
there.
If my big mouth has hurt anybody i am very sorry that is not how VEGER
is but i was hurt VERY BAD over something SO STUPID all i can do now it
seems is cuss to the point i get ejected and i have lost a lot of great
friends now and feel very sorry for myself.
MY FRIENDS OF AW ROCK never forget that! :(

carolann

May 29, 2004, 3:39pm
>As usual you understood me wrong.

No-you misunderstand me wrong. I just mean, when I want to read about Cy
winners by reading a "Cy Results post"-that's what I want and should be able
to read. I didn't find the results there, but have since seen them. I
congratulate the winners and admire their skill and patience in producing
such fine examples of just what I loved to come to AW to see.

When I want to read about Mars by reading a "Mars" post, (because it is one
of my sentimental favorite places in AW from a long time ago), that's what I
want to read. Veger has a great thing going there, btw.

>I am not familiar with how excatly USA works,

I know. Me either always, and I (for one) need a place to forget the real
world briefly.

>There now I have bashed EU also ( happy now?).

No

>I can just wonder if I had called for example South Africa or Denmark
uncivilased, if it had made you cuss as well?

Yes, I came to read about Cys and Mars.

I know those other comments were Xelag's and not yours, but I didn't see
them in time to comment in a timely manner, I just meant they had no place
in a place where international virtual friends meet-they are inflammatory.
Things like that DO need to be addressed by people who can do something
about them besides just recite their angst against the US. We don't need
someone in a virtual universe to give us a

>"wake up shock"

Being here does not mean we don't know what's going on as much as you do, do
you think we are calmly smiling at those photos, framing them and putting
them on our desks?

>A bit in the same way that the african-american author, Randall Kennedy
named his biography "Nigger"

I understand the different ways the word can be used. In this case I
understood it to mean the "worst" way-thus my related comments.

>How it happens?
>A few reasons I can think of:
>Not quite sure what one should belive of this a) you aprove all that your
goverment do
>and stands for b) you deny that they can do anything wrong ?
Neither-I want to read about what a post says it will be about, and leave
the other stuff for the real world where it will always sadly be waiting.
>4) Some people take the NG way to serious (you?).

Exactly what I mean Drac...I don't WANT the NG to be as serious as the real
world.

>5. but you decided to use it against me, how come? Maybe you are somehow
anti-hairy >guy?

You KNOW that isn't true Drac. Most of my AW friends, and many of my r/l
ones have facial hair, including you. btw-you had 2 points numbered with a
"5"...why is the Finns have so much trouble with numbers higher than 5? ;-)

>The question is more like do you aprove how your tax money is beeing used?

The answer is, it shouldn't matter in AW.

---

rossyboy

May 29, 2004, 3:43pm
Wow Veger :¬(

How much trouble would it have been for them to edit the registry in the
first place anyway? They could even have just copied the entry from
Alpha World's registry!

It's not your fault.

[View Quote]

sw comit

May 29, 2004, 3:46pm
Whoa

> Two days after the Cy's Alphabit sent me the zips for the CY Award
> Statue and i asked JP if he could upload them. He told me that i would be
> better off PUTTING A PICTURE of one up cause he would have to change the
> regestry. I tryed to do that but after all the yrs i worked for a CY this
> was not very satisfiying for me. SO

I dunno about you guys, but that right there floored me. That's just pure
unacceptable and lazy. Isn't this their job?

And it probably explains why Alphaworld never sees any new objects if AWI is
that scared to change the registry. Are they all n00bs or something when it
comes to that stuff? O_o

rossyboy

May 29, 2004, 3:47pm
Wow, you must be really anti-tourist.

Not only did you totally ignore that my post was already a reply to this
exact same point brought up by BinaryBud, but you went ahead and told me
to get a citizenship and stop "freebieing off everyone else."

So, the idea of citizens liking tourists must be so alien to you (wow
you'd make a great Gatekeeper!) that you forgot I have to be a CITIZEN
to post in these forums. Unless of course, you were speaking in general
terms to all tourists, but that's not very nice either.

[View Quote] > they own the world, and world owners can do what they want with their
> worlds. Get a citizenship already, instead of freebieing off everyone else.

[View Quote]

rossyboy

May 29, 2004, 3:58pm
Yes, really. And that harsh reaction is something I'd expect from Bill
"How about we just cancel the account, terminate your right to use AW
and no one will have to contact anyone?" Hoover, not JP.

Yes, I did keep those emails ^_^

[View Quote] > Whoa

> I dunno about you guys, but that right there floored me. That's just pure
> unacceptable and lazy. Isn't this their job?
>
> And it probably explains why Alphaworld never sees any new objects if AWI is
> that scared to change the registry. Are they all n00bs or something when it
> comes to that stuff? O_o

count dracula

May 29, 2004, 4:05pm
But seriously CarolAnn, the entire thread Cy Results was total crap, the
political part was only a fragment compared to the BS produced mostly by
Alaskanshadow and Rossyboy. I find it strange that a few political comments
irritated you more than 100 posts of shouting and insulting?

What I intended with my reply in the Mars thread was simply that I
disaproved the solution to ban tourists and tell the obviously rich woman
that everyone is not as rich as her. If you chose to make it into a
political debate, that you must have a right to do.

At some point one have to choose if one want to me a nationalist or
humanist; one cannot be both.

I think it is normal that people speak about politics in their everyday
life, why would AW be different?
Is there any other topics one should avoid? Maybe weather, becuase someone
might have a bad experience about a tornado or someone might like rain, when
some other hates it; it would be a potential topic for flames.
Holidays maybe? Never say Merry Christmas or Happy Hannuka, because it might
offend those with a different belief
Food? One should refrain talking about food since it is a potential flame
start; for example some might disaprice eating of raindeer and dogs others
disaprove eating of carrots and cucumber.

This list could be made as long as possible; every topic can be turned into
a flame, or then again, one can talk about things, even hard topics, in a
more constructive way.

I would suggest you ignore comments that you do not like or then say your
opinion; as you said , you do not want this to be a serious place, so why
take the BS so seriously?

Yeah, I like number 5 ;-)

Mika
"carolann" <carolannh at charter.net> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40b8cac1$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

> No-you misunderstand me wrong. I just mean, when I want to read about Cy
> winners by reading a "Cy Results post"-that's what I want and should be
able
> to read. I didn't find the results there, but have since seen them. I
> congratulate the winners and admire their skill and patience in producing
> such fine examples of just what I loved to come to AW to see.
>
> When I want to read about Mars by reading a "Mars" post, (because it is
one
> of my sentimental favorite places in AW from a long time ago), that's what
> want to read. Veger has a great thing going there, btw.
>

> I know. Me either always, and I (for one) need a place to forget the real
> world briefly.
>

> No
>
> uncivilased, if it had made you cuss as well?
>
> Yes, I came to read about Cys and Mars.
>
> I know those other comments were Xelag's and not yours, but I didn't see
> them in time to comment in a timely manner, I just meant they had no place
> in a place where international virtual friends meet-they are inflammatory.
> Things like that DO need to be addressed by people who can do something
> about them besides just recite their angst against the US. We don't need
> someone in a virtual universe to give us a
>

> Being here does not mean we don't know what's going on as much as you do,
do
> you think we are calmly smiling at those photos, framing them and putting
> them on our desks?
>
> named his biography "Nigger"
>
> I understand the different ways the word can be used. In this case I
> understood it to mean the "worst" way-thus my related comments.
>
> goverment do
> Neither-I want to read about what a post says it will be about, and leave
> the other stuff for the real world where it will always sadly be waiting.
>
> Exactly what I mean Drac...I don't WANT the NG to be as serious as the
real
> world.
>

> anti-hairy >guy?
>
> You KNOW that isn't true Drac. Most of my AW friends, and many of my r/l
> ones have facial hair, including you. btw-you had 2 points numbered with a
> "5"...why is the Finns have so much trouble with numbers higher than 5?
;-)

used?

> The answer is, it shouldn't matter in AW.
>

> ---

rossyboy

May 29, 2004, 4:16pm
The argument between AS and I was a work of comeadic fiction.

[View Quote] > But seriously CarolAnn, the entire thread Cy Results was total crap, the
> political part was only a fragment compared to the BS produced mostly by
> Alaskanshadow and Rossyboy. I find it strange that a few political comments
> irritated you more than 100 posts of shouting and insulting?
>
> What I intended with my reply in the Mars thread was simply that I
> disaproved the solution to ban tourists and tell the obviously rich woman
> that everyone is not as rich as her. If you chose to make it into a
> political debate, that you must have a right to do.
>
> At some point one have to choose if one want to me a nationalist or
> humanist; one cannot be both.
>
> I think it is normal that people speak about politics in their everyday
> life, why would AW be different?
> Is there any other topics one should avoid? Maybe weather, becuase someone
> might have a bad experience about a tornado or someone might like rain, when
> some other hates it; it would be a potential topic for flames.
> Holidays maybe? Never say Merry Christmas or Happy Hannuka, because it might
> offend those with a different belief
> Food? One should refrain talking about food since it is a potential flame
> start; for example some might disaprice eating of raindeer and dogs others
> disaprove eating of carrots and cucumber.
>
> This list could be made as long as possible; every topic can be turned into
> a flame, or then again, one can talk about things, even hard topics, in a
> more constructive way.
>
> I would suggest you ignore comments that you do not like or then say your
> opinion; as you said , you do not want this to be a serious place, so why
> take the BS so seriously?
>
> Yeah, I like number 5 ;-)
>
> Mika
> "carolann" <carolannh at charter.net> kirjoitti viestiss
> news:40b8cac1$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
>

> able
>

> one

> do
>

> real
>

> ;-)
>

> used?

tony m

May 29, 2004, 4:20pm
[View Quote] This is absolutely disgusting. AWI has once again dug a deeper hole in their customer relations... just how far will it go until the company crashes entirely?

carolann

May 29, 2004, 5:37pm
>But seriously CarolAnn, the entire thread Cy Results was total crap,

Yep-not what I expected for sure :-(

>political part was only a fragment compared to the BS produced mostly by
>Alaskanshadow and Rossyboy. I find it strange that a few political comments
>irritated you more than 100 posts of shouting and insulting?

I know it seems that way. It's not so-I came to read about the CY's and was
disappointed. Your's was just the last comment I read and the one I took
most seriously. Seiya was inconsiderate heading her post "CY Results?". She
should have headed it "CY Rants" maybe. I probably would not have read it,
it wasn't what I was looking for. (I did find Rossyboy's point by point
comments mildly amusing once I found out it was satire-I'm not sure why.)

Now I'm doing the same thing I complained about, but I really appreciate
efforts of the participant's and those who are truly dedicated to impartial
observance of AW member productiveness. And I certainly think very highly of
those who work very hard-and then turn around and give at least part of
their products (Objects, avs, bots, etc) away to AW for free.

I agree about Mars-it was a dirty trick...but not about tourist access in
general, even though it was nice to have, and a good public relations thing.
Giving it, then taking it away was sure bad for their image. Free samples
are just that-and we cannot expect or demand them. Nothing wrong with them,
for sure. I cannot expect the same, or even nearly the same, as the rich guy
down the street. Nor do I think the guy who has no funds who lives down the
other street should have what I work hard to afford (except basic human
necessities-he should have those imo). I have a lot fewer AW products than I
used to for those very reasons-I am not willing or able to pay for them.

>If you chose to make it into a political debate, that you must have a right
to do.

I hate political debates, let's talk "CY's" and "Mars" here, like the
heading says.

>At some point one have to choose if one want to me a nationalist or
>humanist; one cannot be both.

Yes I can. I want to try to keep it in my r/l only. I do believe what can be
broken can be fixed with enough time, effort and care, just like with AW. We
can hope.

>I think it is normal that people speak about politics in their everyday
>life, why would AW be different?

Ok, but maybe we should head those posts "Political debate".

>Is there any other topics one should avoid? Maybe weather, becuase someone
>might have a bad experience about a tornado or someone might like rain,
when
>some other hates it; it would be a potential topic for flames.

You speaking about my tornado is not insulting to me, unless you say I
deserved it.

>This list could be made as long as possible; every topic can be turned into
a flame,

>or then again, one can talk about things, even hard topics, in a more
constructive way.

I agree with each segment of that sentence. Let's eliminate the first part
and/or work harder on the last part. But maybe under a very clearly defined
heading.

>I would suggest you ignore comments that you do not like or then say your
>opinion; as you said , you do not want this to be a serious place, so why
>take the BS so seriously?

But the comments were under "CY" (the only reason I opened the NGs) and
"Mars". You know I am compulsive and had to read the whole thread out.

---

count dracula

May 29, 2004, 8:37pm
"carolann" <carolannh at charter.net> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40b8e68c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

someone
> when
>
> You speaking about my tornado is not insulting to me, unless you say I
> deserved it.

I had even forgotten about your tornado. What made me think of one was
that someone recently told they had lost a relative in a tornado.

I can only promise to be more "on-topic" in the future.

Drac

lioness.

May 30, 2004, 7:06am
I STILL say........ if someone in aw can put up a Cy then why not Veger
too? He is the reason Mars won the award in the first place. He is the one
people voted for. Not the world itself. I think JP is acting immature about
it all by not allowing Veger what he has earned. Its not THAT bloody
difficult to add it to the registry for cryin out loud!!!

[View Quote]

lioness.

May 30, 2004, 7:21am
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Veger)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) you haven't
lost me hon or a LOT of others who agree its not fair!!!!! What would AWI
be today if it werent' for dedicated individuals such as you to attract more
business or inspire folks to build? I guess its easier for them to just
chase good people like you away, hoping you will take your builds with you
so they can bring in some "fresh meat" to replace you and your builds.
Obviously they don't care whether you leave or not or whether you nuke your
builds or not. But the good people of AW do!!! You are proof that we need to
stick together as a community. To show our support for each other. To prove
our friendship with each other. You have inspired numerous people Veger, not
just with your kind words but also with your creativity and insight. If we,
as a community, turn our backs on you, we turn our backs on ourselves as
individuals. I try to stand by what is right. And I will stand with you as
well. Our friendship isn't dependent on a build, or the words you speak out
of anger. It goes deeper than that. Some people come to AW as an escape from
RL and the last thing they want is to get caught up in emotions online. My
reason for coming to AW is as an extension to my RL. I go there to make
friends, like so many others do. You will be sorely missed if you leave,
Veger. Not just by me, but by many people who admire and love you for who
you really are. I believe you deserve more than 1 Cy for putting up with all
this BS from JP and his laziness. Why ENZO or Mountain Myst can't handle it
either is beyond me. Too much trouble for 1 meazly person I guess. >_<

[View Quote]

count dracula

May 30, 2004, 8:08am
One cannot blame Veger for AWI beeing idiots.
I guess this case show how they thank people who try to help them grow and
make AW a good place for anyone to be in.

Maybe the bosses in AWI could try to get a hold on a book like " Company
management for dummies" , which would explain the basic things about running
a business, like that the customers are the one paying their sallery and one
cannot fu** with them all the time, neither ignore all request ( like about
features in the browser) , year after year.

I am starting to have enough of the BS and considering shutting down the
world Freebies and stop hosting and all activities in this univere.

If AWI really do not want us here, maybe we just all should go somewhere
else.

Drac
"hicks8" <hicks8 at cd-dm.com> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40b8b9b7 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Post by Veger:
>
> :) Let me explain and maybe let you understand WHY this has Happend.
> won
> a CY award Saterday may 22 for Mars Central Thankyou Everybody that meant
> EVERYTHING to me! Since i have (had) Ps privs on Mars and JP was very
cool
> to me about things like the two months i worked on getting New Objects and
> Avatars and there Textures ready and JP uploaded them to MARS for ALL OF
US
> to enjoy that was GREAT day for mars!!!
> Two days after the Cy's Alphabit sent me the zips for the CY Award
> Statue and i asked JP if he could upload them. He told me that i would be
> better off PUTTING A PICTURE of one up cause he would have to change the
> regestry. I tryed to do that but after all the yrs i worked for a CY this
> was not very satisfiying for me. SO
> The other day i called up AWI just to find out why i could not have
my
> CY Statue i worked so hard for and the person on the phone said i had to
> give them a idea of why i would want to talk to the complaint department.
So
> i said i was a TINY BIT upset about this and just wanted to express my
> feelings. WELL
> Within the Hour JP went to Mars GZ and REMOVED the sign he was so
nice
> enough to put up for me that would teleport citizens and visitors to MARS
> CENTRAL a CY AWARD WINNING BUILD on MARS and the FIRST one MARS EVER GOT!
> and changed the sign to Complaint department, and he took away the PS
Privs
> he gave me and Stoped the Visitors coming to mars just to prove to me WHO
> the boss is..
> :( So my fellow Citizens this is ALL MY FAULT and i am very sorry for
> this once i seen the complaint department sign i called aw back and told
> ENZO and JP what the F#$ at they could do with that F at #$$ing Sign, Mars and
> AW. and started in on the GATE with 3 ejects, AWGZ with two ejects, and
> ONCE ON MARS for the first time ever. :( Sorry
> Needless to say after 3 yrs i am no longer a PK 15 anymore and
regreat
> the fact i EVER CALLED AWI up in the first place. I have embaressed
myslef
> so much in the past few days that i guess its time for me to go to OW were
> NOBODY is at and just be by myself and i will rebuild Mars Central over
> there.
> If my big mouth has hurt anybody i am very sorry that is not how
VEGER
> is but i was hurt VERY BAD over something SO STUPID all i can do now it
> seems is cuss to the point i get ejected and i have lost a lot of great
> friends now and feel very sorry for myself.
> MY FRIENDS OF AW ROCK never forget that! :(

count dracula

May 30, 2004, 8:16am
"rossyboy" <rossyboy at vwtv.org> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40b8cf37$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Yes, really. And that harsh reaction is something I'd expect from Bill
> "How about we just cancel the account, terminate your right to use AW
> and no one will have to contact anyone?" Hoover, not JP.
>
> Yes, I did keep those emails ^_^

This shows again their superior attitude " the right to use the account",
what happened to them having the privilegie to have us as customers??

It somehow seems they think they are doing us a big favour, when infact it
is "we" who pay them.
I would never dare to buy a universe from them, because suddenly they could
probably just say " We have decided to terminate your univesere licence" and
there one would be screwed on thousends of dollars.

Whay AWI would really NEED, is a person who could take care of the public
relations. Someone who stands between the customers and the stupid owners.

rossyboy

May 30, 2004, 1:02pm
Amen