CyAward Discussion (Community)

CyAward Discussion // Community

1  |

ry

May 23, 2004, 6:41am
Post the Best stuff and your Goss about the Cy's here :)
By the way, what was the Peak World User?

--
Ry
www.zenithblu.net

andras

May 23, 2004, 1:01pm
[View Quote] > Post the Best stuff and your Goss about the Cy's here :)
> By the way, what was the Peak World User?

http://www.andras.net/images/cy2004_1.png before the world server crash/change
http://www.andras.net/images/cy2004_2.png after the ceremony continued

The time/date is CEDT (GMT-2), the graph shows the number of visitors in the world.

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

duskbat

May 23, 2004, 4:48pm
Ahhh i missed the cy awards AWs big popularity contest : )

[View Quote]

ciena

May 23, 2004, 5:19pm
You got that rite duskbat! Thats exactly what it is! Befor ppl vote I would
think they would go look at all the compitition befor voting so they could
make an honest choice. Like i did. Out of all the ppl that voted there was
only 2 that came to my world at all. So I know for a fact its just a
popularity contest. Some that arent popular could be because they are mostly
busy trying to build a beautiful world for ppl to enjoy instead of hanging
out at GZ.
[View Quote]

rossyboy

May 23, 2004, 6:28pm
O_o Why do you watch VWTV3?

[View Quote]

rossyboy

May 23, 2004, 6:29pm
Had a bot there 24/7? Maybe not so many people voted in your category?

Yes there will always be people who vote for their friends, but still...

[View Quote] > You got that rite duskbat! Thats exactly what it is! Befor ppl vote I would
> think they would go look at all the compitition befor voting so they could
> make an honest choice. Like i did. Out of all the ppl that voted there was
> only 2 that came to my world at all. So I know for a fact its just a
> popularity contest. Some that arent popular could be because they are mostly
> busy trying to build a beautiful world for ppl to enjoy instead of hanging
> out at GZ.
[View Quote]

ciena

May 23, 2004, 6:50pm
yes 24/7
[View Quote]

xelag

May 23, 2004, 7:42pm
Sounds quite a lot like how the USA administration gets elected:)

In fact, all contests have the same problem. There is no way to
change that, the voters have the voice. If they do not chose to
honour you with a visit, or with an honest choice, that's part of the
game, which you have to accept when you participate. The other
alternative, that the CY used some time ago I believe, and so did the
AVVY awards, is to have appointed judges to decide who gets what; the
criticism there is favoritism and corruption.

My suggestion: you either participate knowing the drawbacks, and are
ready to accept the verdict, or you ask to be removed from the contest
nomination list. I think the CY commitee has done its best to reflect
what the voters cast, but they can't change human nature.

Alex

[View Quote] >You got that rite duskbat! Thats exactly what it is! Befor ppl vote I would
>think they would go look at all the compitition befor voting so they could
>make an honest choice. Like i did. Out of all the ppl that voted there was
>only 2 that came to my world at all. So I know for a fact its just a
>popularity contest. Some that arent popular could be because they are mostly
>busy trying to build a beautiful world for ppl to enjoy instead of hanging
>out at GZ.
[View Quote]

ciena

May 23, 2004, 7:54pm
yes u r right of couse. but it is very dissapointing.
[View Quote]

xelag

May 23, 2004, 9:37pm
[View Quote] >yes u r right of couse. but it is very dissapointing.

I know, Ciena. I never like taking part in contests, just for that
reason. CY for me is different in a way, because of how I feel my
involvement with my bots. But even so, if I get nominated - and it has
happened a few times- I sweat like mad. I got two awards in the past
for my bot, and the whole tension was hell. This time, I did not get
nominated and was happy... I did not remember there are the Lifetime
Achievement awards, that are not from present nominations, which I
never expected to get... I almost had a fit when I heard at the end of
the ceremony that I got one this time!

I wish you a lot of luck with your creations, that's what counts.
Whether you get nominated, get a prize or not, is not really relevant
(but is very satisfying if you do, I don't deny that... in spite of
all, I'm still human, my bot Delph keeps throwing that word at me!).
Keep on your good work!

Cheers,
Alex

wow, 270, pretty goooood. more then AW ever has in the whole universe most
the time :)

-SWE

[View Quote]

lioness.

May 23, 2004, 10:27pm
When I logged on at around 7:45 VRT, the census showed at 212 users in
Cyawards

[View Quote]

bitmaster

May 23, 2004, 11:22pm
Win or lose..
Another point to be made is that there are great creations in via the
ActiveWorlds program. Just being nominated gives a person some kind of
acknowledgement to what they have to offer or has offered in the CommunitY
to many other people that had no idea a particular person or creation or
whatever even existed. This is one reason why nominating yourself for
something that the CommunitY might enjoy is welcomed. ( I heard someone
complain that it doesn't seem right to nominate oneself, so this sounded
like a good answer for that. )
As far as Popularity is concerned.. Yes, this has always been a downfall
in many Polls or Voting processes. Remember the President going out and
kissing babies or promising things he can't really deliver? It's nice to be
Popular and being voted in for that popularity, but some of us just like to
give to the CommunitY and enjoy doing so and sometimes are recognized for
it. Sometimes just a little positive feedback is also very rewarding in
itself even if you didn't win. ( I feel this way myself. ) ;)
We who care and we who look for the positive in others and in ourselves,
will always be winners no matter what the turnout is.

Bits

[View Quote]

ciena

May 24, 2004, 4:08am
well I do think u and andras 3 others did deserve to win.
[View Quote]

ciena

May 24, 2004, 4:25am
I understand what u r saying. and it is true. just seems ashamed that no one
really looks around at them. I go world hopping quite a bit when i wanna
take a break from building. I have seen some pretty awesome worlds :)Lutice
is one of the most beautiful worlds i have seen and i have brought at least
5 others to go look at it.Polymenes creations r amazing! also a couple more
worlds i have seen were amazing and i always bring others to go look at
them. I just think its so sad that more ppl dont go exploring in other
worlds. especially if their talents are up for votes.Oh well cant change
human nature i guess lol.
[View Quote]

syntax

May 24, 2004, 7:44am
Ferruccio's acceptance speech was a beauty! Highlight of the night it. ^_^

http://pics.swcity.net/cy2004/CY2.jpg

--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

qrv

May 24, 2004, 1:52pm
I know for a fact that Midnite Blu sent you a happy birthday greeting gram
even though he doesn't know you, but he had heard it was your birthday and
wanted to be friendly towards you. You didn't even acknowledge the gram from
him.

So it's hilarious that you feel slighted that only 2 people came to *cough*
your world .

So... you're too busy trying to build a beautiful world for people to enjoy
eh? Well, other people are busy trying to be friends with others at the GZ.

[View Quote]

lioness.

May 24, 2004, 11:53pm
ROFLMBO!!!!!!! OMG I must've missed that when my connection died!!!
Toooooo funny! Hmmmmm... what WAS he doing to Bittie though? She was very
quiet, dontchya think? (wink wink) Would explain all his typos. ;-"D

[View Quote]

syntax

May 25, 2004, 12:53am
He was accepting the award from her, got right up in her face lol.
--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

linn

May 26, 2004, 6:48pm
I would appreciate it if you could refrain from insulting the USA after
all you buy aw and they pay taxes so in fact YOU are doing the same thing
all Americans do please no racial insults either :-) thanks

[View Quote]

weizer

May 26, 2004, 7:28pm
I don't see anything racial in this, nor any insult. Anyway do you really
think that this post is credible coming from you ? Like you were never
insulting anyone o_O

-Weizer

"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
40b5028f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I would appreciate it if you could refrain from insulting the USA after
> all you buy aw and they pay taxes so in fact YOU are doing the same
thing
> all Americans do please no racial insults either :-) thanks

[View Quote]

xelag

May 26, 2004, 8:03pm
Linn,

you are now blocked from sending me emails and telegrams (yes, this
same message was sent to me by telegram and email). Mute on sight and
filtering from my newsagent will follow, if necessary. You've poured
enough poison for my taste.

Alex

On 26 May 2004 16:48:15 -0400, "linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com>
[View Quote] >I would appreciate it if you could refrain from insulting the USA after
>all you buy aw and they pay taxes so in fact YOU are doing the same thing
>all Americans do please no racial insults either :-) thanks

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Jun 1, 2004, 1:49pm
He wasn't doing nothing to me!....honest!...lol