Future Commands (Community)

Future Commands // Community

1  |

seiya

May 5, 2004, 7:02am
Hello guys, I was wondering what tye of future commands may come in AW
regarding building? I think "create corona" was the last one, I want to see
some more!

Any insight towards the future?

builderz

May 5, 2004, 3:13pm
Go to http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/ for the latest build
commands and post any new commands you would like to see added to the
wishlist group.

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

Some nice motion commands for RWX would be fine.

RWXes should have something like "animate" that
goes through predefined movement or sequence stages
or switch complete clumps on / off.

ClumpBegin
StageBegin 1
StageEnd

StageBegin 2
StageEnd

StageBegin 3
StageEnd

StageBegin 4
StageEnd
ClumpEnd

bump stage me 10 1 3 3 2 4

would switch through the following stage numbers with
10ms duration for each stage.

Some systems even implement avatars with this technique
but it is not as smooth as AW avatar movement of course.
It's more versatile for some things though, especially
when the detail level of a model changes. Hidden parts
would just not exist (and thus create no lag) when not
needed.

[View Quote]

captain mad mike

May 5, 2004, 5:57pm
While it may not be a completely new command, I do recall hearing E N Z O
say that the move command will be updated to make avs move with moving
objects in 4.0....whenever the heck that comes out -_-

Captain MAD Mike: and add in something so that when an av is on a moving
object, it can move with it
E N Z O: yeah 4.0

-CMM

[View Quote]

count dracula

May 5, 2004, 6:53pm
"seiya" <starbuilds at yahoo.com> kirjoitti viestiss
news:4098ad9b at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hello guys, I was wondering what tye of future commands may come in AW
> regarding building? I think "create corona" was the last one, I want to
see
> some more!
>
> Any insight towards the future?

A few things I would wish for as a builder is.

Make it so that a sound would play in interwalls, for example create sound
crow.wav time=60, which would mean the sound plays, thensilent for 60
seconds , then play again.

I noticed if you make an offcenter model and put create light on it, the
light goes where the object appears ( which is good), but if you put sound
on it, the sounds stays at the origo. Would be nice if the sound would move
also when you put an offcenter object to rotate; that way for example a
helicopter would become louder when close.

Add more terrain textures, so one really could use the terrain feature in a
nice way.

One should be able to create move so that an object move from point a to
point b, then jump back to point a and start over. This way for example a
car would not have to drive forward and then reverse back ( kind of makes
traffic look non-realistic). Maybe even make a move command so that it would
go to several point, like 40 meter forward, then 20 meter left 40 meter
forward again. This in combination with a rotate would really nake possible
making nicely moving cars.( rotate as in the front of a car always pointing
forward)

Drac

rossyboy

May 5, 2004, 7:18pm
This is possible now. 3.5 I think it was updated the move command. There
are conveyor belts and moving water in SW City that use this now.

[View Quote]

ciena

May 5, 2004, 7:44pm
cars dont have to drive backwards use the reset command
[View Quote]

count dracula

May 5, 2004, 8:16pm
"ciena" <nikona at comcast.net> kirjoitti viestiss
news:40996020 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> cars dont have to drive backwards use the reset command

Ok, I obviusly need help with the commands LOL

ciena

May 5, 2004, 10:27pm
heres one i have for a short distance create move 35 0 0 time=1 loop reset
time=20
or a long way just change the numbers.u can chabge the reset time too
[View Quote]

syntax

May 6, 2004, 12:30am
This is nothing a simple Astart Astop Animation could not do, but I guess
that would be easier. Even thought the Astart Astop animation is still
simple.. :P
--
- Syntax -
http://www.swcity.net

[View Quote]

cem

May 14, 2004, 9:25pm
The only new commands in 3.6 is 'media' and 'frame'

alexthemartian

May 15, 2004, 6:11pm
frame has been arround for a looong time