Lara & Raine. Have Passed Away? (Community)

Lara & Raine. Have Passed Away? // Community

1  2  |

builderz

Apr 3, 2004, 2:43pm
I just got an "e-card" from someone that reads:

"I'm very, very sorry that I have to make this announcement to you all
but I regret to inform you that Lara, a long time citizen of Active
Worlds has departed this life on April 2, 2004. She was on her way home
from the grocery store and lost control of her vehicle which swerved
into the other lane and Lara was struck by oncoming traffic. I urge you
to remember Lara's family and friends in your prayers."

And I heard from a reliable source that Raine. (a citizen I hosted
things for) passed away from a heart attack last Monday.

Can anyone confirm or deny any of this? If this is true, then this is
very, very sad and my heart goes out to all those involved.

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

brock

Apr 3, 2004, 3:11pm
i got it too...

--
Brock,
IceFlare Network

me too

[View Quote]

casey n qrv o

Apr 3, 2004, 3:28pm
*cries*

[View Quote]

brock

Apr 3, 2004, 3:35pm
False alarm folks, no truth to this, i pulled up the domain record for
tnlc.com and had Goober King call the phone number listed. Lara is alive and
well...

--
Brock,
IceFlare Network

[View Quote]

lara

Apr 3, 2004, 3:44pm
Brock's faster than I am...about squelching the rumor. :) I'm just fine, no car wreck, no problems. Just haven't been online much the past week or so - spring weather keeps luring me outside.

I do appreciate the concern. Goober King did call me a few minutes ago.

Lara

[View Quote]

bro

Apr 3, 2004, 4:50pm
This a very very sick joke and caused lots people hurt. I would hope
this person would repent of this. It hurt ORB and I to hear this news.
Gald you are ok Lara.

[View Quote]

bro

Apr 3, 2004, 5:06pm
How many people got this fake email?
[View Quote]

vera

Apr 3, 2004, 5:10pm
What a sick joke.........don't you ppl have nothing else to do???

[View Quote] > Brock's faster than I am...about squelching the rumor. :) I'm just fine, no car wreck, no problems. Just haven't been online much the past week or so - spring weather keeps luring me outside.

> I do appreciate the concern. Goober King did call me a few minutes ago.
>
> Lara

[View Quote]

vera

Apr 3, 2004, 5:11pm
Larinhaaaaa dearrrrrrr ppl are missing you.....so you better show up and talk to these kids:))))))))))LOL

[View Quote] > Brock's faster than I am...about squelching the rumor. :) I'm just fine, no car wreck, no problems. Just haven't been online much the past week or so - spring weather keeps luring me outside.

> I do appreciate the concern. Goober King did call me a few minutes ago.
>
> Lara

I got it twice with a slightly different subject, but
didn't click the link.

[View Quote]

johnf

Apr 3, 2004, 6:04pm
Good typing for a dead person, Lara ;-)

~John

[View Quote]

count dracula

Apr 3, 2004, 6:04pm
Ok so now we know Lara is ok which is a great thing. How is it with Raine
aka Vivienne?

Drac
"brock" <BrockL at iceflare.net> kirjoitti viestiss
news:406ef5d0$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> False alarm folks, no truth to this, i pulled up the domain record for
> tnlc.com and had Goober King call the phone number listed. Lara is alive
and
> well...
>
> --
> Brock,
> IceFlare Network
> Founder/Administrator
> http://www.iceflare.net

[View Quote]

rossyboy

Apr 3, 2004, 6:08pm
I was suspicious of it just by the way it was filled in. The name given
was "Lara from AW has passed away". I thought, if it was real whoever
sent it would have taken more time to fill the little form thing in
properly. Glad to hear that it's fake.

[View Quote]

ciena

Apr 3, 2004, 6:21pm
i did also and thats a horrible thing to do to such a nice person as Lara.
she doesnt harm anyone. why would they say such a thing. what a pervert!
Only a perverted mind would think of such a terrible thing!
[View Quote]

ciena

Apr 3, 2004, 6:21pm
oh yeah i got it twice too!
[View Quote]

garnet

Apr 3, 2004, 6:33pm
I got that email too.. with a return email of deedee6013 at hotmail.com , and
as I had heard a couple days ago that Raine. had passed away.. I thought
this might be true too. I have no clue who this is.. but I hope they are
getting a good laugh out of this.. coz they are the only one who will. How
Sick.

[View Quote]

ciena

Apr 3, 2004, 6:38pm
i think deedee is cyberwitch and she would not send such a terrible thing to
anyone. someone is using her email name
[View Quote]

andras

Apr 3, 2004, 6:41pm
[View Quote] > oh yeah i got it twice too!
[View Quote] I feel neglected :(((( I never got those mails :(

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

alphabit phalpha

Apr 3, 2004, 6:48pm
Dammit...I found the cutest card to send as a return and it didn't put the
senders email in it...grrrrr.
Was a dog digging up something...I was supposing it would be Lara so she
could come back:)
Welcome back Lara!
Now seriously though...has Raine checked in?
Could it be a Lara and Raine that passed away? And not our Lara?
Strange......

qrvncasey o

Apr 3, 2004, 6:48pm
Good to know you're still around!

QRVnCasey o

[View Quote]

garnet

Apr 3, 2004, 7:06pm
omg.. well then if thats true.. she needs to know someone is using her email
account addy.. I haven't deleted the email yet .. and if its any help Id
pass it on to her.. but Im not sure what can be done.

[View Quote]

weizer

Apr 3, 2004, 7:10pm
This is not CW's email account.... there's the word deedee in it but it's
not on hotmal and not the same numbers :-)

-Weizer

"garnet" <red.garnet at verizon.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
406f2740$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> omg.. well then if thats true.. she needs to know someone is using her
email
> account addy.. I haven't deleted the email yet .. and if its any help Id
> pass it on to her.. but Im not sure what can be done.

[View Quote]

qrvncasey o

Apr 3, 2004, 7:27pm
To the sender of this sick e-card,

Casey and I would like to extend our condolences to your obviously dead
brain cells.

At least Casey got an e-card. Am I not considered enough of a friend to get
one ???? LOL

*hugs to Lara*

Casey and QRV.

paul

Apr 3, 2004, 7:38pm
This goes exactly to the post I made about someone sending fake emails using
my yahoo email address as being the sender. I only this yahoo email
address here in the newsgroups so as to avoid getting spam in my ISP email
accounts and I never send email from yahoo with about 2 exceptions.

I got the ecard in my yahoo email too and the only way someone from AW
could get my yahoo email is to have gotten the address from my post here.
So we still have someone in the new groups sending fake and fraudulent
emails, probably to email addresses they got here, to the rest of you who
post here.

Paul

[View Quote]

qrvncasey o

Apr 3, 2004, 7:39pm
Let me make a slight correction to that message:

To the sender of this sick e-card,

Casey and I would like to extend our condolences to your obviously dead
brain cells.

At least Casey got an e-card. Am I not considered enough of a friend to
Lara to get
one???? LOL Or are you just not enough of a friend to know???

*hugs to Lara*

QRV,

on behalf of Casey and QRV.

[View Quote]

paul

Apr 3, 2004, 7:41pm
It probably doesn't help but the return email on the card I got in my yahoo
email was from
deedee6013 at hotmail.com

Paul

[View Quote]

casey n qrv o

Apr 3, 2004, 7:44pm
why are ya giving that person more attention then they deserve?

[View Quote]

the lady

Apr 3, 2004, 7:52pm
Hugs Lara. : )

Sincerely, The Lady

Was a rather poor effort on whoevers part it was.... thats just another
reason to ignore all of these sites, they directly immitate your email
address... in this case; mine... Nice try Matt.

- MR