Netsky Virus and AW Posters (Community)

Netsky Virus and AW Posters // Community

1  |

princess nerwen

Mar 9, 2004, 12:32am
Well I guess you children here have nothing better to do but put dns and
service attacks on my system, and of course my Router and Black ice have
put a stop to that. And today as I open my E-Mail what comes to me with
this is your account and reply as the messages. but the W32Netsky virus
attachments. In two messages no less, one from Earthlink and the other
from Yahoo, odd you have no lives but to run attacks on those you do not
understand, or have dislike for from AW. Be aware, I am so glad someone
did, and now I know my Router, Black Ice and Norton Anti Virus are all
doing their jobs. Get a life, and stop sending attacks on my system,
otherwise I will have to send e-mail to the activeworlds people and tell
them someone (knows a possible suspect) has taken the time to try
hacking my system, and has been trying from the day they decided I am a
un holy person, and must be crazy to be living the life I am. Get a life
and try to understand, this is what I am not what you think, or feel I
should be. Take a pill and get off your high horse and Stop sending me
this trash, and trying to invade my system.

themask

Mar 9, 2004, 1:47am
Uhm, it's not even us, maybe some of your friends that have your email and
all, don't blame us. Plus the Netsky virus is a virus that mass sends
spoofing its host on your contact list. That was plain rude of you to blame
us for something like that. Oh and AW wouldn't really care, it'd be your
problem.

--

Signed,
TheMask

:: Owner of Delusional-Minds Hosting ::
Free world hosting.. Just a T-Gram will do it.

http://www.delusional-minds.com

[View Quote]

robbie

Mar 9, 2004, 5:50am
The Netsky virus spreads by infecting users, searching their PC for e-mail
addresses(searches your entire PC if it can, not just your e-mail address
book) and then sends e-mail messages with fake header information and the
worm attached, to other users.

The people, whose computers sent you those e-mails - weren't necessarily
kids, they could be anyone with a PC and the internet. These people probably
have no idea what they are doing to you.

I think you should perhaps read up on your subject a little more before you
go blaming kids for somthing that adults are just as seceptable to and
responsible for. Do you think the author of the Netsky worm is a 12 year old
kid or a 25 year old adult? Case Closed.

-Robbie

[View Quote]

princess nerwen

Mar 9, 2004, 6:07am
I know that, but there has been one specific person here, with a few
straglers that think its funny to initiate an attack on me. Yes this has
taken place many a time, and not initiated by anything I have said, but
the way that it is interpreted to the meaning they wish it to have. So
the justify the ends by the means of which they take the frustrations
out on others this way. Yes a Worm has actually been written by a teen,
and even younger. So think of it as a nice gift to you and they have
done it to make you and your friends lives miserable.

[View Quote]

heu

Mar 9, 2004, 7:13am
special page for scan online and scan antiparasite for out virus and trojan
welcom
http://www.alusion-fr.com/an1v1.htm

"princess nerwen" <jennifer755 at cox.net> a écrit dans le message de
news:404d2ccd$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Well I guess you children here have nothing better to do but put dns and
> service attacks on my system, and of course my Router and Black ice have
> put a stop to that. And today as I open my E-Mail what comes to me with
> this is your account and reply as the messages. but the W32Netsky virus
> attachments. In two messages no less, one from Earthlink and the other
> from Yahoo, odd you have no lives but to run attacks on those you do not
> understand, or have dislike for from AW. Be aware, I am so glad someone
> did, and now I know my Router, Black Ice and Norton Anti Virus are all
> doing their jobs. Get a life, and stop sending attacks on my system,
> otherwise I will have to send e-mail to the activeworlds people and tell
> them someone (knows a possible suspect) has taken the time to try
> hacking my system, and has been trying from the day they decided I am a
> un holy person, and must be crazy to be living the life I am. Get a life
> and try to understand, this is what I am not what you think, or feel I
> should be. Take a pill and get off your high horse and Stop sending me
> this trash, and trying to invade my system.

linn

Mar 9, 2004, 8:59am
but it IS true ppl all too often blame others before they have proof not a
fair thing to do :-( and please don't pick on "kids"

princess nerwen

Mar 9, 2004, 3:12pm
Well if you had to deal with the Childish attitudes I have since Dec
2003 then you'd understand why I say this.
[View Quote]

binarybud

Mar 9, 2004, 3:37pm
2 wrongs never make a right. Although 3 lefts make a right. hehehe

Well a lot of people here have been here a lot longer since 2003.

- Mark R

[View Quote]

imagine

Mar 9, 2004, 7:24pm
Most people who end up dealing with childish attitudes just deal with them
and move on.
One way to do that is to remove your self from the area and situation. If
that is possible for you then why haven't you done that yet?

Another way is not to give out your personal info if you think there will be
problems cause of it. Have you ever heard this? If you dont' want it
repeted; don't say it. Or in this case, don't type it :) It's very true and
maybe you have given out to much info to fule people fires with.

I have found that most people who end up being pleuged by childish attituds
usually bring it on them selves by haveing a childish attitude of their own
and they just don't know when to stop or walk away.

It will not do you any good to cry about the Netsky virus in the news
groups. I asked about it a while back in here cause it was new to me and I
ended up with it on my web site and got 3 diferent emails with it in them.
But, when I found out what it was I did what I needed to do so that,
hopefully, I wouldn't get them again. I understand that they come in mass
mailings and the people mailing them don't know they are mailing them.
That's jsut the way the virus works.

It won't do any good to point fingers and place blame cause NO ONE knows who
started it. From your posts I am getting the feeling that some one teased
you and told you they sent them to you. Well, most people would know that
was just BS and ignore it. But it seems it gets your goat. The more you
complain about it the more you let them win.

Don't take it personal that you got the emails with the Netsky in them. It
WASN"T a personal attack. No one is out to get you. At least that way :) You
are just one of the people who ended up getting it cause you were on some
ones email list who ended up haveing it.

So, deal with it please and move on :)

And by move on, I don't mean find something else to cry about.

Also, I have been here since 1997 and I sware, you and the lady have 2 of
the most childish attitudes I have seen yet. Did you ever think that maybe
it's you who are doing something wrong and not every one else you come into
contact with?

Imagine

[View Quote]

johnf

Mar 9, 2004, 7:38pm
I'm getting netsky nearly every day from things like
billing at activeworlds.com and 31af5ds at andras.net, so unless AWI and Andras
have a personal dislike for you, I should just imagine its the virus
spoofing addys

~John

[View Quote]

linn

Mar 9, 2004, 7:46pm
2 wrongs make ummm no 3 rights I mean lefts aaaaaaaaaa you got me
doing math now sheeshhh LMAO

[View Quote]

carlbanks

Mar 9, 2004, 8:27pm
Been here since May 18th 2001.

[View Quote]

johnf

Mar 9, 2004, 8:43pm
I beat u! June/July 1999 :-p

LOL!

~John

[View Quote]

the lady

Mar 9, 2004, 9:28pm
PN,

Hugs. Sorry you are having such trouble. There is a way for you to get
assistance in knowing how to handle the trouble. Gather all the pertinent
information. Then try to find a PK that will listen without trying to say
it isn't happening or that it couldn't happen. Once you find one you trust,
give them the info you have gathered and they will advise you on how to
handle it from there. Don't give up if you don't get some type of
resolution on the first try. And if you need to talk to someone for
support, I will be glad to talk to you anytime. Take care.

Sincerely,
The Lady
thelady263414 at hotmail.com

[View Quote]

lioness.

Mar 9, 2004, 9:56pm
Very sage advice The Lady but I don't think you fully understand what's
going on hon. He is getting the same email virus/worm that a LOT of us here
have already gotten. He is taking it personally. It is NOT a personal
attack. It has happened to me, Bit, robbie, etc etc etc.... just scroll down
the NGs a bit to read the rest of the postings on it. I get the impression
PN just doesn't want to accept the fact that its an ongoing problem and
NOOOOOOOO... AWI cannot stop it from happening no more than Microsoft can.
So don't even THINK of emailing support at activeworlds.
PN, if you are reading this... and you probably are... it is a mass
emailing virus/worm thingie. It is NOT a vendetta against you or anyone else
here hon.

[View Quote]

lara

Mar 9, 2004, 10:42pm
A good first step to take in gathering "all the pertinent information": http://antivirus.about.com/cs/allabout/a/netskyb.htm

"The act of spoofing the From address can also cause perfectly innocent people to be accused of sending the worm."

Lara

[View Quote]

the lady

Mar 10, 2004, 12:35am
Lioness,

I do understand what is going on. I really do. I don't agree with giving
advice saying something is not going on with a person when all the facts
have not been COMPLETELY investigated. I know I gave PN the best advice
anyone could without complete investigation into the problem.

A few years ago in AW, I had someone telegramming me, calling me a nigger
and other things, then the telegram would disappear and another one -
similar in nature but without the shocking words would be put in its place.

I had had so many attacks of various nature, and this was about the last
straw. I accused anyone around me, and if I didn't outright accuse them,
I'd cut them off socially. I went to ground zero and nearly went off the
wall. A PK told me "There is no way that someone can alter your telegrams
through the AW program." Another PK spoke up and said "Netbus" which, I
think is some sort of computer virus. If it's not, it's similar. And yes,
it turned out to be Netbus. The PK that told me it couldn't happen? It was
m0e. (And that is no slur against, m0e, it was in the beginning of his PK
days.)

Please don't assume and tell someone you know the inside of their situation
unless you do a thorough investigation. Give them support and general
information, refer them to someone that can see the entire facts and make a
determination so that the right steps can be implemented to begin to solve
their problem.

If that puts a burden on AW or PK's sobeit.

[View Quote]

linn

Mar 10, 2004, 12:37am
princess you can have this back and stick it !!!
I have had it up to here with idiot bitches like you criticizing my posts on

the NGs. If you don't agree with me then don't post at all because I do not

want to hear it. This your first and final warning. Next time I won't be so

nice. I will show you my motherboard frying skills next time.

Does this look familiar?

[View Quote]

themask

Mar 10, 2004, 1:18am
The Lady, blaming someone for sending her the netsky virus on AW, reporting
it to a PK, all they will do is just tell them to get it fixed, christ. I
still find that post very rude, and I, for my age 14, will not accept that
rudeness because it was very rude of you to point it to us kids (Teenagers
also).

--

Signed,
TheMask

:: Owner of Delusional-Minds Hosting ::
Free world hosting.. Just a T-Gram will do it.

http://www.delusional-minds.com

[View Quote]

linn

Mar 10, 2004, 1:36am
was also uncalled for princess to attack me in an email for taking up for
the kids sigh

[View Quote]

princess nerwen

Mar 10, 2004, 5:51am
[View Quote] Takes a hard look, and says woohoo, that is finished

:
: Another way is not to give out your personal info if you think there
will be
: problems cause of it. Have you ever heard this? If you dont' want it
: repeted; don't say it. Or in this case, don't type it :) It's very
true and
: maybe you have given out to much info to fule people fires with.
:
Well the reason is because 77 - 1st - sirFrancisDrake - Iam 77 Iam -
anon7 - Kings Bishop, and now as the tourist Bishops Pawn started
harrassing me in Dec 2003.

[...]
I have and now will post the E-Mails thta I so wonderfully recieved
today from three of these here and all the mime information, this is a
rude and childish thing to me and has been sent to
abuse at activeworlds.com because of the threats they contain too

[View Quote]

princess nerwen

Mar 10, 2004, 5:53am
just wait, this is going to really get a look, posting the e-mails I got
today here
[View Quote]

johnf

Mar 10, 2004, 8:54pm
The Lady, telegrams can't be modified through AW, although they are kept in
a file which can be modified externally to AW by other applications, rather
than on the universe server.

~John

[View Quote]

the lady

Mar 11, 2004, 1:52am
Yes, in my telegram file on my computer, someone was altering the telegrams.
It can look pretty powerful to see your telegram changed. And what you
thought you saw is now replaced with something different. Did I really see
those horrible words? They were here a few minutes ago and now the telegram
says something different. Your house and land in the
AW community that everyone knows you build becomes the target of a vicious
hacker that likes to use telegrams to intimidate, belittle, harrass.