3.5 is out (Community)

3.5 is out // Community

1  |

brock

Jan 29, 2004, 8:07pm

Jan 29, 2004, 8:10pm

Jan 29, 2004, 8:25pm

Jan 29, 2004, 8:33pm

[View Quote]

johnf

Jan 29, 2004, 9:35pm
To who? lol

~John

[View Quote]

ubermonkey

Jan 29, 2004, 9:52pm
That might not be quite how I'd express it, but I generally agree; 3.5
brings us little and takes away from our framerates.

I'm not impressed by a new toolbar, to say the least, nor am I particularly
fond of the lack of CPU scaling options. Let me get my complaint clear: It's
not that I dislike the CPU scaler feature, it's great for laptops and
multitasking, but I absolutely DESPISE the lack of an option to turn it off
or make it less severe. There are circumstances where you may wish to allow
AW to have all the CPU it can handle, and now there is no way to do that.

-Monkey

[View Quote]

onesummer

Jan 29, 2004, 9:58pm
Well the 3.5 Beta is out..

Immigration Officer: Welcome to the Active Worlds Universe! :) Version 3.5
is now in open beta!! Download the build 524 beta from here
http://objects.activeworlds.com/downloads/awb35_beta.exe

Please check the online User guide for all the new features

New Features:

a.. The old toolbar has been replaced with a new, configurable toolbar.
While this is intended for other universes that require custom interfaces,
the ability is available to all users. The toolbar is defined in the
toolbar.cfg in the /default directory (under your Activeworlds directory).
See below for information about this file. The image used for the toolbar is
selectable under options -> settings -> advanced.
b.. Users may now assign the different camera modes to specific keys,
eliminating the need to cycle through the camera modes looking for the
desired view.
c.. A new "users" tab will list all users currently logged into the
universe, and will also list bots for universe administrators. Note that
this tab will NOT be supported in the main universe, but may be used in
other universes.
d.. A new option is available on the users and contacts tab: users may now
invite others to join them at their current location. This works much like a
join, except that the other user will teleport to your location, instead of
you teleporting to theirs. Note that both users must be running 3.5. Also,
note that the other user will teleport to your exact location, and not
several meters in front of you, as is the case with the "join" feature.
e.. Join and invite prompts will now appear as stacking popups instead of
inserting themselves into the chat window where they interrupt chat. The
popups disappear once the invitation expires. This also allows the users to
see all pending invitations at once, and respond to them in any order. Also,
the user may use F5 and F6 to respond to Invite/join popups. If there are
multiple popups, these keys will accept/decline for the oldest (top-most)
popup in the stack.
f.. The new (in 3.4) dialogs such as world features and key config should
now remember their last position.
g.. Several user-defined messages have been added to the message set.
Messages 1100 through 1119 can be set by someone (usually the universe
administrator, prior to distributing the software) Right now the only use
for these messages are as tooltips for the new configurable toolbar.
h.. The downloads box is now smaller, and will show progress bars for each
item being downloaded.
i.. Web page Urls can now read content from a local directory. prefacing a
URL with "local:" will cause the browser to look from content in the
"/default/web" directory. For example, "Activate Url local:mypage.html" will
look for "C:\Active Worlds\default\web\mypage.html". This is really only
useful for universe admins who want to pre-load web content for users. This
will not work if the Url attempts to access a directory outside of the
Activeworlds /default directory. URL's attempting to access other paths will
be ignored by the browser.
j.. The appearance of the object properties dialog has been changed.
k.. An "emote" command has been added to the chat window. Enter /me
followed by an action to have that shown in the chat window. For example, if
your username is "Bob" and you enter "/me waves goodbye", then the chat
window will display "Bob waves goodbye".
l.. The tabs window is now a floating window. It can still be hidden/shown
using F9, and can be "rolled up" by double-clicking the title bar.
m.. Added the ability for users to enter country name on the registration
screen.
n.. Viewport will now reclaim wasted space if gestures are turned off.
o.. Added a bit of margin space to the left side of the chat window.
p.. The CPU throttle has been adjusted for more robust scaling. In
previous versions, the browser would consume 99% of CPU time on fast
machines (particularly ones with high-end graphics cards). This could lead
to situations where other threads would be choked off, causing poor
performance in web pages, sluggish system response, and even disconnection
problems. The browser should now consume less than 50% of the CPU time, with
only a 5% loss in frame rate. These values are VERY approximate, and vary
greatly between systems, but the overall effect is that the browser should
use far less resources for only slightly diminished performance.
q.. The current avatar is now stored by object path, not world. This means
that you will always use the same avatar for all worlds that share the same
path.
r.. Added new world option "Terrain elevation offset". This will move the
global terrain up or down by the value given, in meters. Note that this is
not designed to be used on-the-fly, and changes to this value will not take
affect until a terrain update is forced (by moving around).
s.. Added new world option "Show water under terrain". This will disable
the use of "transparent edges" that would appear on shallow water, and
instead cause the world water to be rendered at a uniform opacity, even
underground.
t.. The way the connection is maintained has been changed, which may lead
to smoother avatar updates and more stable connections for some.
u.. A new ini option has been added for creating debug logs. Under the
[debug] section you may now add an optional value "purge_time = n", where n
is the number of seconds of log file you want the browser to keep before a
purge. Using this option will limit how big the log can get, which was a
problem for some when the log would expand until the hard drive was full. A
value between 15 and 60 seconds is recommended. Very small values may make
the log file useless, as the log may not have enough information to be
useful when the browser crashes.

You can see faster than 30 frames per second? :O Wow

- Marky R

[View Quote]

sweets

Jan 29, 2004, 11:06pm
a. more to learn, more confusion. Would rather they concentrated on making
that huge bar uptop smaller to give more screen room.
b. geez there are only 4 to toggle. Too much work? LOL Unless this gives us
views from different distances per view, see no use for this option either
c. what about the ? people. This feature to save GK's trouble of people
asking them to check if someone online and having to put on a list? No use
for this option as we have the ones we care about on our personal lists and
can add names to see if they are online or not.
d. Oh man confusion. You join me, no you join me, no I asked first, oh shoot
both hit join at same time. Can see where this is going to lead LOL
e. Oh yeah that is all we needed was more popups. Give me a break
f. have no idea (even as worldowner for over 3 yrs) what that even means
haha
g.eh?
h. Downloads box is smaller, big deal, was already pretty small. How about
that huge gigantic Objects box that takes up half of monitor when we build.
i. another eh?
j. Changed how? see h?
k. LOL that will help maybe for Gorean chat but what other use is it? sounds
a bit AOL'ish or something. Typing I is alot faster than /me (especially as
cannot locate the slash in dark half the time LOL)
l. Now that is a pain. If I want it off I turn it off. Why would I want it
floating around infront of my viewing screen. Can tell you now will either
stay left or not be on no matter what they do to it. Not impressed
m. Kinda takes the fun out of getting to know someone when the L is already
know LMAO Why not give us a space to put the notorious ASL info straight in
and we can then stand and ignore each other for lack of anything to talk
about.
n. Never understood anyone coming to 3d and not leaving gestures on. Maybe
time to get a better computer or go to Yahoo Chat. I thought with gestures
off it did save space but what do I know anyway LOL
o. Ummm forgive me if am wrong but without the tabs on the margin is right
at the edge with 3.4, making longer lines and less scrolling.
p. Again eh?
q. I do not always want the same avatar, even if they are on the same path.
I may want to be a body in one and a bird in another. I like the freedom to
chose so this option is not for me either
r. Do not use terrain
s. Do not use water
t. Hah if this is true it is the only 'plus' I can see so far of this
update. Disconnections have been terrible since 3.4. Illegal operations for
win98 and closing for xp. But I will have to see it to believe it. Aw has
never been good at staying connected no matter how many updates and bug
fixes they have done over the years.
u. And then it Purges info you need? A log you may have to check a month
from now to match IP's....Think I am misunderstanding something here as I
would rather let the log log and know it will be there when needed. I don't
even like that word 'Purge' horrible LOL

so call me old fashioned but until I am forced, I think I will stick with
the 3.4 for now. At least until everyone else has stopped bitching and has
figured it all out. So far from what I have read and heard, it is NOT what
we need or want.
sweets

alexthemartian

Jan 29, 2004, 11:23pm
also a little checkmark in ppw dialog to remember or not remember ppw,
so you can keep the name their but not the ppw, for security reasons. or
you can check it and keep the ppw. the name is always there unless you
remove it.

[View Quote]

saber mage

Jan 29, 2004, 11:45pm
Agh! 3.5 really isn't that great... nothing like revolutionary and almost no
requests from the wishlist ive seen have been fulfilled. (Though the new
terrain and water features are handy.) Also, 5% of framerate was a big loss
to me >< and I even have cable with a brand new graphics card and fast
computer (2.6 Ghz) and its like constantly at 2-7 fps x_x. If I knew the
beta was coming out now I would've expected more :\. I dunno, maybe there
will be a lot more neat stuff in the public release. Really it should just
be an update to 3.4... like 3.4b or somethin. Anyways I'm goin back to the
site to get 3.4 back, TG me when 3.5 is cooler :).
-SM

ry

Jan 30, 2004, 1:06am
**it is still in BETA ** perhapse you should wait for it to be sealed
before you say its gonna be all crap :-)

--

Ry
Citizen#: 323710

"sweets" <stylecanin at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:4019ae22$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> a. more to learn, more confusion. Would rather they concentrated on
> making that huge bar uptop smaller to give more screen room.

More to learn? Do you really need to learn anything to use the AW
toolbar?!

> b. geez there are only 4 to toggle. Too much work? LOL Unless this
> gives us views from different distances per view, see no use for this
> option either

If you're going to add key mapping, you might as well do it properly.
That's what they're trying to do.

> c. what about the ? people. This feature to save GK's
> trouble of people asking them to check if someone online and having to
> put on a list? No use for this option as we have the ones we care
> about on our personal lists and can add names to see if they are online
> or not.

If you actually try to understand what you read, you'll see that 1) it's
disabled in the main universe, 2) it's optional for the other universes.
Don't know how it handles the hidden status option, but I suppose they
would've been smart enough to show that to everyone (the UniAdmin,
however, should still see everyone).

> d. Oh man confusion. You join me, no you join me, no I
> asked first, oh shoot both hit join at same time. Can see where this
> is going to lead LOL

That's pretty much what it is now. The only difference is that instead of
entering "y" or "n" in the chat, you click a button. Don't see how this
will change anything.

> e. Oh yeah that is all we needed was more popups.
> Give me a break

It isn't like they're sending you advertising popups, just message boxes.

> f. have no idea (even as worldowner for over 3 yrs)
> what that even means haha

Not exactly rocket science, I suggest you take a course on reading
comprehension. It means that the on-screen location of those windows will
be saved in order to make them appear at the same place the next time you
open them.

> g.eh?

Are you a universe admin? If no, this doesn't apply to you, so you don't
need to understand it. FYI it just means you can change some strings that
will be shown in the GUI.

> h. Downloads box is smaller, big deal, was already pretty small. How
> about that huge gigantic Objects box that takes up half of monitor
> when we build.

Do you have to bash every single feature, just for the sake of bashing
them?

> i. another eh?

Again, this is very plain, simple English. It just means that if you use
a special prefix in URLs, it will try to find files on your harddisk
instead of on the web.

> j. Changed how? see h?

Try it and see?

> k. LOL that will help maybe for Gorean chat but what other use is it?
> sounds a bit AOL'ish or something. Typing I is alot faster than /me
> (especially as cannot locate the slash in dark half the time LOL)

It's a good way of showing what you're doing more clearly than was
possible before. To have "Sweets doesn't understand anything (s)he
reads" is not the same as "Sweets: I don't understand anything I
read". You not knowing how to use a keyboard doesn't make it a worse
feature... By the way, what's it to do with the goreans?

> l. Now that is a pain. If I want it off I turn it off. Why would I
> want it floating around infront of my viewing screen. Can tell you now
> will either stay left or not be on no matter what they do to it. Not
> impressed

I agree with you on this one, that floating thing is pretty annoying.
What I do is that I just hide it when I don't want it floating around.

> m. Kinda takes the fun out of getting to know someone when
> the L is already know LMAO Why not give us a space to put the
> notorious ASL info straight in and we can then stand and ignore each
> other for lack of anything to talk about.

So all you do when you talk to someone is go "a/s/l?!" And you were
talking about "AOL'ish" features...

> n. Never understood anyone coming to 3d and not leaving gestures on.
> Maybe time to get a better computer or go to Yahoo Chat. I thought
> with gestures off it did save space but what do I know anyway LOL

That would be space in the GUI.

> o. Ummm forgive me if am wrong but without the tabs on the margin is
> right at the edge with 3.4, making longer lines and less scrolling.

Some people like to have a visible margin.

> p. Again eh?

Still pretty simple English, but it does describe something technical so
I'll forgive you on this one. Just means that instead of using all the
power of your processor, like before, the browser will limit it's use to
50% maximum. This will prevent it from causing other programs to
malfunction or slow down ridiculously.

> q. I do not always want the same avatar, even if they are on the same
> path. I may want to be a body in one and a bird in another. I like the
> freedom to chose so this option is not for me either

It's not like it's going to force you to wear a particular avatar in all
worlds with that OP, it will just store it on a per-OP basis, so it
defaults to another one. Won't take you a second to switch it when you
enter.

> r. Do not use terrain

Does that make it a bad feature, just because the almighty Sweets doesn't
use it?

> s. Do not use water

Same question here.

> t. Hah if this is true it is the only 'plus' I can see so far of this
> update. Disconnections have been terrible since 3.4. Illegal
> operations for win98 and closing for xp. But I will have to see it to
> believe it. Aw has never been good at staying connected no matter how
> many updates and bug fixes they have done over the years.

The improved CPU throttle could also help on this issue, especially on
Win9x. However, I've never had any problems with AW disconnecting me, you
haven't ever thought that the problem might be with your setup and not
AW?

> u. And then it Purges info you need? A log you may have to check a
> month from now to match IP's....Think I am misunderstanding something
> here as I would rather let the log log and know it will be there when
> needed. I don't even like that word 'Purge' horrible LOL

Are you a browser developper? If not, then you don't need the *debug*
log! This feature is probably aimed at the beta testers, a task you
certainly wouldn't fit for. Again, it does say this very plainly, but you
seem to be allergic to comprehension.

> so call me old fashioned but until I am forced, I think I will stick
> with the 3.4 for now. At least until everyone else has stopped
> bitching and has figured it all out. So far from what I have read and
> heard, it is NOT what we need or want.
> sweets

Is everyone bitching? I only see you :-) Judging from this post,
disregard what you read and heard, you probably just misunderstood it.
Just download 3.5, install to another directory and try it out before you
say anything. If you don't like it then, you can just go back to your 3.4
installation.

KAH

rossyboy

Jan 30, 2004, 4:56pm
sweets complained:

> a. more to learn, more confusion. Would rather they concentrated on making
> that huge bar uptop smaller to give more screen room.

"Classic" toolbar skin. Thankyou.

> b. geez there are only 4 to toggle. Too much work? LOL Unless this gives us
> views from different distances per view, see no use for this option either

Hey, it's a feature, you're not forced to use it.

> c. what about the ? people. This feature to save GK's trouble of people
> asking them to check if someone online and having to put on a list? No use
> for this option as we have the ones we care about on our personal lists and
> can add names to see if they are online or not.

"Note that this tab will NOT be supported in the main universe, but may
be used in other universes." Read it properly.

> d. Oh man confusion. You join me, no you join me, no I asked first, oh shoot
> both hit join at same time. Can see where this is going to lead LOL

It won't be like that, since, uh, they only want to get to one location...

> e. Oh yeah that is all we needed was more popups. Give me a break

The windows are children of the AW window, so they don't pop up over
other windows.

> f. have no idea (even as worldowner for over 3 yrs) what that even means
> haha

It means if you open them, and move them over to the side of the screen,
close them, then open them again they'll open where you last closed them.

> g.eh?

Mess... age... set. Something mainly for universe owners.

> h. Downloads box is smaller, big deal, was already pretty small. How about
> that huge gigantic Objects box that takes up half of monitor when we build.

I don't think the object properties box is even double the size of what
it used to be...

> i. another eh?

This is also for universe owners. For example, a universe owner could
distribue AW with a "How to build" page on the hard drive. This page
could then be loaded from within the browser. A very good idea by AWI.

> j. Changed how? see h?

It has changed. They put in coloured columns like seen in world features.

> k. LOL that will help maybe for Gorean chat but what other use is it? sounds
> a bit AOL'ish or something. Typing I is alot faster than /me (especially as
> cannot locate the slash in dark half the time LOL)

AOL'ish? LOL! /me dates back to IRC, which predates the WWW even (if I'm
not mistaken). Also the output is not synonymous to "I", try actually
using it.

> l. Now that is a pain. If I want it off I turn it off. Why would I want it
> floating around infront of my viewing screen. Can tell you now will either
> stay left or not be on no matter what they do to it. Not impressed

I agree on this one actually, it should be optional.

> m. Kinda takes the fun out of getting to know someone when the L is already
> know LMAO Why not give us a space to put the notorious ASL info straight in
> and we can then stand and ignore each other for lack of anything to talk
> about.

The other cits don't get to see it dumbass. :¬P
It was probably missing from the address section of the registration screen.

> n. Never understood anyone coming to 3d and not leaving gestures on. Maybe
> time to get a better computer or go to Yahoo Chat. I thought with gestures
> off it did save space but what do I know anyway LOL

I never use gestures.

> o. Ummm forgive me if am wrong but without the tabs on the margin is right
> at the edge with 3.4, making longer lines and less scrolling.

You mean 3.5? It's like a few mm of margin space. I think it makes it
look better.

> p. Again eh?

I agree this should be optional as well. But look at this from AWI's
point of view. When it was possible for the AW browser to take up 99% of
the CPU time they must have felt they had to do something.

> q. I do not always want the same avatar, even if they are on the same path.
> I may want to be a body in one and a bird in another. I like the freedom to
> chose so this option is not for me either

Yea this should be optional.

> r. Do not use terrain

This comment sucks.

> s. Do not use water

This comment sucks.

> t. Hah if this is true it is the only 'plus' I can see so far of this
> update. Disconnections have been terrible since 3.4. Illegal operations for
> win98 and closing for xp. But I will have to see it to believe it. Aw has
> never been good at staying connected no matter how many updates and bug
> fixes they have done over the years.

They're trying. Isn't that enough? Even when they try to fix something
we've been complaining about, you complain.

> u. And then it Purges info you need? A log you may have to check a month
> from now to match IP's....Think I am misunderstanding something here as I
> would rather let the log log and know it will be there when needed. I don't
> even like that word 'Purge' horrible LOL

DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs.
DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs.
DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs. DEBUG logs. NOT WORLD LOGS.

Debug logs log everything the browser does so you can see where the
problem is. Usually you only need the stuff right before the crash. If
not, hey! You can turn the option off! Wow!

> so call me old fashioned but until I am forced, I think I will stick with
> the 3.4 for now. At least until everyone else has stopped bitching and has
> figured it all out. So far from what I have read and heard, it is NOT what
> we need or want.
> sweets

sweets

Jan 30, 2004, 5:52pm
forget to put sugar on your cornflakes Kah? What is simple english maybe for
you is complicated for most. Being as english is not everyone's first
language, as also computer language is not everyone's first language.
a. by the ranting and raving seems we DO have to learn the toolbar and
features. And yes 3.4 switch caused alot of old brains to have to function.
Now 3.5, geez I just got used to the 3.4 and have to start again (for no
real great improvements I may add this time)
b. why would anyone want key mapping. That is why the mouse was invented LOL
so we do not have to keep a map of all the keys in our brains other than
asdkghjkl;...we are going back in time with keys not forward
c. as far as Is ee we already have the option as world owners to allow
people to see who is there. They show up in whisperbox whether they spoke or
not. So what is the use of a new 'chart'. And Kah, please have some manners,
I do read carefully, but do not understand half of what you techies say. Try
speaking basic english and maybe more of us morons will understand what is
going on around here and not leave because we feel stupid. Little tolerance
for old people like me would be nice
d Not the same at all...now it is you join me (one person decides),
......later will be you join me, I join you....just complicates things for
nothing.
e. Anything that pops up in front of my viewing space is annoying, whether
it is selling something or not. Can this be disabled?
f. still eh? took a course of reading and still makes no sense. on-screen
location of those windows will be saved in order to make them appear at same
place. OK so am dumb have no idea what this means
g. ok so this has nothing to do with me, maybe reason didnot understand LOL
h. Bashing?? No, since 3.4 we have all been complaining about the object box
being too large and they give us a smaller download box. Think someone
misunderstood what we wanted. Am not bashing for bashing sake, just pointing
out that saw nothing wrong with download box as usually is off anyway, so
was a 'wasted' improvement.
i. Peut-etre c'est simple pour toi mais pas pour moi....comprends-tu?
j. Try it? LMAO I am not installing this horror until I have to. From what I
have seen it has a lot of problems and complaints. My partner has installed
it so will go take a look at hers later. But she does not chat, or use many
features, so will not get any input from her about it. Shelikes the floating
tab so what does she know LMAO
k. I have worked keyboard for 20 yrs. I type 120 words a minute. I know my
keyboard but some symbols are not used often so I lose them. I have to turn
on a light to remember where they are. Yes I type in the dark and do not
look at the keys, the proper way. Gorean slaves talk 3rd person 'sweets
request to go piss' 'sweets begs entry to Gor' etc etc. 3rd person is an
Gorean trait here at aw (maybe not other chats but here, that is what it
means). People have been told off for talking 3rd person at Gate or private
worlds LOL this should be fun
l. amazing we agree on something. Thought you would bash me for this as
everything else. LOL
m. No, that is my point. I am against people asking ASL as it is rude (my
bot ejects for that LOL). I personally do not ask this but instead chat and
get to know a person. That is what I meant by AOL'ish
n. okey dokie
o. okay then some people are happy. Would rather not have to scroll so much
myself
p. Thanks for your forgivenes but you can shove it up your techie butt.
q. ok but still a pain in the neck. I go from aw to gate 10 times a day. I
would have to switch each time if they are on same path? LOL yeah sounds fun
if I remember each time to change. ok is not serious but just annoying. If
it did an OP basis, but gave us option to 'set' avs for each world I could
understand.
r.almighty sweets. No, am just a girl. Did not say was a bad feature, just
useless for me (and many other non world owners too)
s. same answer
t. not my setup. It is an AW fault as many others have same notices. Also I
have a new computer for approx 2 months now. Huge LOL. And although I do not
get illegal operations as I did with 98, I get a shut down and error
reporting notice for xp, then AW shuts browser down (but not my bots). I
admit thought was my system, but with new computer there is no excuse (have
cable also).
u. Your comments deserve nothing but my comment here stating you are an
asshole. Maybe I do not understand anything but you do not need talking down
your big nose at me. Understood?
me bitch? certainly not.....but try reading the other ng's and you will see
I am NOT the only one discontent with this wasted 3.4a update LOL (call it
3.5 if you wish)
sweets
ps Kah. This is last letter I will write to you. I find you intolerant and
insulting. Did I really deserve all your comments? No. I attack (or state my
comments) about AW and you attack me. Not into that shit, said what I had to
and am finished now. So bye Kah have a nice life.

sweets

Jan 30, 2004, 6:00pm
well at least you were a bit more polite about it (excluding the dumbass
comment which I probably deserved anyway LOL)...And my point exactly things
should be optional for alot of these options.
my comments about water and terrain are not dumb. I just stated I do not use
so have no comment on those two issues as am not informed enough to comment.
LOL Flame me for admiting I do not use them....oh man
And as for complaining, isn't that our job as beta testers? LOL or is it
that they ONLY want to hear about the stuff we like, not dislike. And
honestly I have not heard anything likeable about it LMAO
sweets
ps: thanks for not being as rude as Kah. Not a nice way to take my first
morning coffee. Tolerance for us computer dumb people would be appreciated.

sweets

Jan 30, 2004, 6:29pm
I was wondering if they fixed the fly in 3.5 or do we still fall out of the
air when we bounce or teleport in air. That one fix for me will make the
whole thing worthwhile. (that and a much smaller object box LOL)
sweets

codewarrior

Jan 30, 2004, 10:19pm
[View Quote] <SNIP>
> Being as english is not everyone's first language,
<SNIP>
> b. why would anyone want key mapping.

Maybe because English is not their first language and some of the
keys you take for granted just aren't there?

Or maybe because they have a laptop and can't fly or do some other
vital thing you take for granted because of the weird keys?

Or maybe they are handicapped and have to use special devices to
access their computer that behave like a keyboard, but require that
the programs the people want to use have the ability to remap the
keys?

sweets

Jan 31, 2004, 12:53am
thinking about that wouldn't it be better to have a click on button for fly
up and fly down. Seen so many have trouble with that due to ' keyboards
'....especially laptops since none are the same. Mouse still wins over your
arguments LOL
sweets

"sweets" <stylecanin at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:401ab5e4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

><<snipped>>

I'm sorry if I offended you, but you really pissed me off with your
attitude. To me, you just seemed like some bastard bashing people's hard
work just because it had some features you didn't care about, or that you
disliked a bit. You are not the center of the universe, sorry. Just because
you don't use a feature, does not mean that it's not a good one!

I also found it hard to believe that you failed to understand most of that,
since you said you've been a world owner for three years. In any case, you
very obviously didn't read it very attentively, if you had you would not
have said what you said. By the way, my primary language is not English,
but Norwegian. So don't come here and tell me not everyone is English.

KAH

kf

Feb 2, 2004, 12:36pm
I'm not impressed by a new toolbar, to say the least, nor am I
particularly fond of the lack of CPU scaling options. Let me get my
complaint clear: It's not that I dislike the CPU scaler feature, it's
great for laptops and multitasking, but I absolutely DESPISE the lack of
an option to turn it off or make it less severe. There are circumstances
where you may wish to allow AW to have all the CPU it can handle, and
now there is no way to do that.
<<<

I absolutely agree and I suggested that right away when the new method
was implemented, at least in 3 steps as "CPU relax" settings of "on",
"off" and "default" (as a medium value).

mr.visualbasic

Feb 2, 2004, 1:13pm
I sorta agree with you that one :-(

mr.visualbasic

Feb 2, 2004, 1:14pm
There are two reasons, AWI is running out of things that they have the
ability to add:-( or AWI is planning something big for a future version
and 3.5 is just something to push in:-) It would be nice to see
reflections and rain in future activeworlds.

[View Quote] > There are two reasons, AWI is running out of things that they have the
> ability to add:-( or AWI is planning something big for a future version
> and 3.5 is just something to push in:-) It would be nice to see
> reflections and rain in future activeworlds.

AWI needs a depertment that develops what goes into the next versions
and how they'll be implemented. It's obvious that no one thinks things
through and really needs to rely on the public beta to fix design flaws.