Effects I'd like to get ahold of... (Community)

Effects I'd like to get ahold of... // Community

1  |

lady nighthawk

Nov 1, 2003, 9:36pm
In AWGate there are two working clocks, one with an hourly gong, does anyone
know how I'd get those ... or IF I could have them for my world? And I'm
told they had a rain effect, and thunder (of which I did hear and see) but I
missed the rain. Any way to get those files? Just wondering ... kewl effects
like real-time rain, snow, etc would be neat in any world I think. Of
course, if these files are private for that world only then I can respect
that!

LNH

alexthemartian

Nov 1, 2003, 11:21pm
i have a clock on the front top of a building at AWTeen 531s 500w 180

im not sure if the rotation is exactly the same as thegate, but at least it
works good.

[View Quote]

alexthemartian

Nov 1, 2003, 11:23pm
also when you right click you notice that some poles are 3d-rotated
diffrently.. i did this becuase i didnt know how to change the numbers to
make them work right.. but the way they are positioned make the time correct

[View Quote]

weebo

Nov 1, 2003, 11:30pm
AW has a tutorial somewhere in the help files on just how to make those
clocks work in analog and digital examples...let me do a little hunting fer
ya.
Weebs
[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Nov 2, 2003, 6:43am
Thanks folks! Now what about that kewl raining, thunder, noise thang in
AWGate? Would love to know how they did that! Into each life a lil rain must
fall!

LNH

[View Quote]

light form

Nov 2, 2003, 8:27am
Actually, I think the rain is part of the skybox they have running. I
believe its in one of the homepages. If not that, I know I used a rain
object that is exactly the same as the rain they have in the Gate in my
world, which was off of a homepage. I'll snoop around the MegaPath and see
what I can find...

LF

[View Quote]

jernau

Nov 2, 2003, 9:52am
http://www.activeworlds.com/newsletter/0602/060205.html

Clock scripts there :)

On 1 Nov 2003 21:30:45 -0400, "weebo" <weebo at my.activeworlds.com>
[View Quote] >AW has a tutorial somewhere in the help files on just how to make those
>clocks work in analog and digital examples...let me do a little hunting fer
>ya.
>Weebs
[View Quote]

c p

Nov 2, 2003, 12:54pm
The rain was poorly done looked neat at first, btu it was just 10 or so of
the rain objects that are freely available in many ops, i think even mega,
but it was 10 or so scatetred around the gate, and they stopeed if they
wanted it to look good theyd of blanketed them around the world, or made oen
giant p50 size obj, or zaw10 sized obj.
[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Nov 2, 2003, 3:15pm
Ah OK, I do have a cloud that *drops rain*, I'm using it in AW. Is that the
one you mean? I don't think it was their skybox, not the rain anyway. The
lightning I now assume is also an object or is that right in the skybox too?
I'm thinking it's not because I don't think you can animate a skybox can
you? Thanks for your input all!

LNH

[View Quote]

.duo.

Nov 2, 2003, 3:20pm
You can, and I know that in AWTeen the rain is done with a skybox. The
lightning is probably also in the skybox, but it could be an object.

--
-.Duo. (342836)

Or... could be world attributes...

bowen ten.sardna@newob

Nov 2, 2003, 3:32pm
[View Quote] Nope, don't see a lightning or rain world attribute.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

bowen ten.sardna@newob

Nov 2, 2003, 4:01pm
Maybe I was mistaken:

http://bowen.homelinux.com/marks_aw.jpg

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

ohhhhh I like it!

SHAMUS, ADD THIS FEATURE NOW!!!

bowen ten.sardna@newob

Nov 2, 2003, 5:13pm
[View Quote] Yeah, sometimes I wish the DNS server would point to the right IP half
the time.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

john

Nov 2, 2003, 7:35pm
A ground object could be used to produce rain :-o

~John

[View Quote]

weizer

Nov 2, 2003, 9:18pm
I gave this idea few months ago but I didn't realize that if you use a
ground object it'll rain inside.

-Weizer
"john" <johnf at 3d-reality.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3fa58694 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> A ground object could be used to produce rain :-o
>
> ~John

[View Quote]

lady nighthawk

Nov 2, 2003, 11:43pm
Hahaha, lots of comments! OK so where or how do I make it *rain* or *snow*
in my world using the skybox effect? I can't even figure out how to change
the time of day for my skybox LOL. And yes I have xelags ... just no time to
research how the worldscheduler file works ... anyone have working samples
in their worlds?

LNH

[View Quote]

e n z o

Nov 4, 2003, 4:35pm
Large face clock:

Minute hand create rotate 0 0 -0.01666666668 sync

Second Hand create rotate 0 0 -1 sync

Hour hand create rotate 0 0 -0.00138888888 sync

The gong is done by a bot that knows VRT :)

Victorian digital clock:

uses the same rotations

The rain/snow models and sounds are from megapath and also included in
various 3DHP's Both are relatively slow on older machines as they involve
high polygons and large textures to animate. Future versions of AW will
allow for a world owner to set a particle effect for areas of the world they
want snow/rain/leaves/trash/flies/fire or whatever they want flying around

lady nighthawk

Nov 4, 2003, 7:04pm
Thanks ENZO!

LNH

[View Quote]

db digital

Nov 9, 2003, 12:34am
I always wondered how to do that. Thanks!

-DB