M A T T again (Community)

M A T T again // Community

1  |

orb

Jul 26, 2003, 1:15pm
....Elf Creon...: matt stole a cit in outerwrolds yesterday...and he destoyed
my brothers world

sheeeeeesh!

Congratulations, you just a) publicised your weak security and b) promoted M
a t t *clap clap* :)

john

Jul 26, 2003, 3:14pm
Maybe he has left to outerworlds ;-)

~John

[View Quote]

tengel

Jul 26, 2003, 5:12pm
I notice that ...Elf Creon... is in AW as well, is this same owner, and
stoled that too?

[View Quote]

orb

Jul 26, 2003, 7:36pm
My weak security? What are you talking about? Yeah, maybe people should
be aware that he is around still and never stop reporting it

Yours as in slight redirection to whoever got hacked...

And sure... why not cause panic among everyone which is exactly what the
people trying to stop him dont want :)

xelag

Jul 26, 2003, 9:13pm
Just my two cents, strike raper: respect other people, you have no
right to make fun of them. You may have your ideas about people's
weaknesses in protecting their rights, but your remarks are rather
obnoxious, don't you think? a world destroyed is a world destroyed,
for whatever reason you think.

Alex

On 26 Jul 2003 13:04:55 -0400, "strike rapier"
[View Quote] >Congratulations, you just a) publicised your weak security and b) promoted M
>a t t *clap clap* :)
>
>- Mark

[View Quote]

orb

Jul 26, 2003, 10:35pm
No strike maybe this should just go unoticed you're right.

[View Quote]

weebo

Jul 26, 2003, 11:47pm
I would like to also add to back up your worlds regularly. If anybody don't
know how to back up a world, please ask!
Weebo

Alex,
I find this strange of you... My remarks become obnoxious after people
engage their hands before engaging their brains... like I did with that list
of proxies, and, rightly so I got hammered for it.

I seem to remember a while ago, when I published news on these newsgroups
about a certain character stealing 30 or so object path passwords with a
subject such as 'ALERT!!!', rather immature of me at the time but I do
believe you saw the response? The people trying to fix the problem after we
announced it, was hampered by other people either a) saying I was lying, or
b) scaremongering... Both of which slowed down the time it took to inform
all of the world owners in the way it should be done... Systematically.

You see, I get a little annoyed, when, in the experience of everyone here,
people still want to cause panic. Its all very well going 'M a t t hacked
this and M a t t hacked that' but surely that goes against your own logic of
'Ignore the little kid and maybe he will go away', does it not?

Sure, I know people are panicking. But for the love of God people need to
THINK because that grey thing in your skull is the best protection against
absolutely everything in life, real and virtual.

xelag

Jul 27, 2003, 9:16am
Sure, strike, but not everybody is handy. I don't think one should
make fun of people who'se worlds get trashed, even if they may have
made a mistake... and there are also as yet unexplained cases, such
as Gala, where no-one gave away the caretaker privs, and all the bots
they used have been tested by Andras and found clean... yet the world
was trashed by a bot with the caretaker privs.

There is too much person-bashing in these newgroups (I'm also guilty
of that sometimes), don't you think?

Alex

On 27 Jul 2003 04:18:04 -0400, "strike rapier"
[View Quote] >Alex,
> I find this strange of you... My remarks become obnoxious after people
>engage their hands before engaging their brains... like I did with that list
>of proxies, and, rightly so I got hammered for it.
>
>I seem to remember a while ago, when I published news on these newsgroups
>about a certain character stealing 30 or so object path passwords with a
>subject such as 'ALERT!!!', rather immature of me at the time but I do
>believe you saw the response? The people trying to fix the problem after we
>announced it, was hampered by other people either a) saying I was lying, or
>b) scaremongering... Both of which slowed down the time it took to inform
>all of the world owners in the way it should be done... Systematically.
>
>You see, I get a little annoyed, when, in the experience of everyone here,
>people still want to cause panic. Its all very well going 'M a t t hacked
>this and M a t t hacked that' but surely that goes against your own logic of
>'Ignore the little kid and maybe he will go away', does it not?
>
>Sure, I know people are panicking. But for the love of God people need to
>THINK because that grey thing in your skull is the best protection against
>absolutely everything in life, real and virtual.
>
>- Mark

Oh pleanty of people bashing here :) But then you have to think... what
would we be doing if we wernt always having arguments? Hehehehe

.duo.

Jul 27, 2003, 9:47am
M a t t doesn't scare me. I think that if you don't complain, he will stop.
After all, the only reason he does is to get attention. If you don't give
him that attention then he will stop.
[View Quote]

katerine

Jul 27, 2003, 10:05am
What I personally find obnoxious, is when people are making judgements
without even knowing who the "hacked victim" is.

I would like to know how you would react if your world would be wiped out.
I guess you will answer something like "That is not going to happen, I
follow the golden security rules, I am not an idiot like they are".

That is exactly what the owner of a certain world and I could have said.
And this world got wiped out anyway.

"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> a écrit
news:3f238abc at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Sure, I know people are panicking. But for the love of God people need
> to THINK because that grey thing in your skull is the best protection
> against absolutely everything in life, real and virtual.
>
> - Mark

Actually, I would most likely deploy every offencive countermeaure I had...
and thats a lot of them :)

xelag

Jul 27, 2003, 8:11pm
And as you know, there is no garantee that even so, your world would
not be trashed. You seem to be implying that all worlds that got
trashed have commited despicable mistakes. Superman, I wish you luck.

Alex

On 27 Jul 2003 08:38:20 -0400, "strike rapier"
[View Quote] >Actually, I would most likely deploy every offencive countermeaure I had...
>and thats a lot of them :)
>
>- Mark

Nooo... im saying... when hit.. hit back harder...

orb

Jul 27, 2003, 9:02pm
If he doesn't stop someone has to say something. Catch22

[View Quote] I look forward to the day when your fist is roughly equivalent to a 200
megaton nuclear weapon.

No of SETI units returned: 44
Processing time: 36 days, 0 hours.
(Total hours: 864)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

Who said anything about Physical attacks... :)

If you're going to report it, please report it to AW, not the general
community. Attention is exactly what Matt wants.

Chris