OneSummer a Hacker? (Community)

OneSummer a Hacker? // Community

1  |  

calhoun

Jul 22, 2003, 1:41pm
I recieved a telegram from OneSummer giving me the link to the Trojan that
is going around; is OneSummer a Hacker? or was OneSummer hacked too?

binarybud

Jul 22, 2003, 1:44pm
OneSummer is NOT a hacker.... can only assume her account was stole by Matt also...


[View Quote]

calhoun

Jul 22, 2003, 1:45pm
yeah, the person on my cit just got off and the telegram is GONE from the
telegram file but the name is there and its "OneSummer"
[View Quote]

shia

Jul 22, 2003, 1:51pm
Its a bunch of punks on AWTeen doing it...They steal your cit then use it to
telegram your friends with the link

[View Quote]

builderz

Jul 22, 2003, 3:17pm
Trust me, OneSummer is *not* a hacker, cracker, or script kiddie. She is
always hosting community events and I host two bots for her in BluPearl
world. If she sent you a telegram, it was probably to warn you *not* to
click on a link or something. She's been a target of various "trouble
makers" (had to use your word, BinaryBud ;) in the past and hardly ever
is the cause of such problems. Another possibility is that she herself
clicked on the bot link and her account password was stolen and someone
else sent the telegram to you under her name.

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

[View Quote]

jstone2004

Jul 22, 2003, 3:39pm
Don't lable it on a world... from what we can tell, it's happening equally
everywhere...

J

[View Quote]

calpantera

Jul 22, 2003, 5:45pm
I have found no evidence of this telegram even being sent. I think this post
wasn't even from the real Calhoun. His account was stolen because he
downloaded and installed the trojan. At this time as far as we can tell the
trojan is STILL running on his machine. I hope everyone understand how
dangerous it can be to download and run software from anyone. Even if you
trust the source. I make it a habit to only run software that is code signed
or at least from a legitimate company and I suggest that others do the same.

Bill



[View Quote]

abb e norm somewhere@fake.

Jul 22, 2003, 6:10pm
You're logging telegrams?

"calpantera" <bill at activeworlds.com> skrev i meddelandet news:3f1d946a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I have found no evidence of this telegram even being sent. I think this post
> wasn't even from the real Calhoun. His account was stolen because he
> downloaded and installed the trojan. At this time as far as we can tell the
> trojan is STILL running on his machine. I hope everyone understand how
> dangerous it can be to download and run software from anyone. Even if you
> trust the source. I make it a habit to only run software that is code signed
> or at least from a legitimate company and I suggest that others do the same.
>
> Bill
>
>
>
[View Quote]

weebo

Jul 22, 2003, 6:18pm
I bet they crack up over the ones I send out lol
Weebs
[View Quote]

builderz

Jul 22, 2003, 6:19pm
That's a feature of the AW unisever, so AWI can log them or not log them
at will.

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

[View Quote]

abb e norm somewhere@fake.

Jul 22, 2003, 6:21pm
"at will"? it's an all or nothing deal. They can't know in advance when it's needed to log a few telegrams. But, maybe they've
invented a time machine, so I might be wrong :)

"builderz" <builderz at vastnexus.com> skrev i meddelandet news:3F1D9AF9.7D44D323 at vastnexus.com...
> That's a feature of the AW unisever, so AWI can log them or not log them
> at will.
>
> Builderz
> http://www.3dhost.net
>
[View Quote]

themask

Jul 22, 2003, 6:25pm
They might think im a horrible guy for yelling at allot of people..

builderz

Jul 22, 2003, 6:25pm
What I meant is that at anytime they have the option to either turn
telegram logging on or off. So they can enable or disable telegram
logging "at will" for all users. I'm unsure if they can log or not log
individual users' telegrams and not others, however. You can do the same
if you own your own universe.

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

[View Quote]

abb e norm somewhere@fake.

Jul 22, 2003, 6:34pm
As I said, they can't possibly know in advance when it's a good time to turn it on, so it's likely to be on all the time. And unless
they have a special version of the universe server then it will log all telegrams.

http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw34/uniserver_log.html

"builderz" <builderz at vastnexus.com> skrev i meddelandet news:3F1D9C59.FB635384 at vastnexus.com...
> What I meant is that at anytime they have the option to either turn
> telegram logging on or off. So they can enable or disable telegram
> logging "at will" for all users. I'm unsure if they can log or not log
> individual users' telegrams and not others, however. You can do the same
> if you own your own universe.
>
> Builderz
> http://www.3dhost.net
>
[View Quote]

builderz

Jul 22, 2003, 6:39pm
That's right, they don't have a little birdie in their ear that says
"turn telegram logging on or off at X time," but they have the ability
to turn logging on or off for ALL users anytime they wish. So if they
wanted to stop logging right now, they could. If they wanted to start it
up again tomorrow at 3:33 AM ET, they could. If they don't want to
change anything the way it is right now, they can do that too. Hope
that's clear now.

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

[View Quote]

kf

Jul 22, 2003, 6:44pm
It is not needed to log telegrams to see who sent when a telegram to
whom, and that is all what needed to be checked. :-)



[View Quote]

builderz

Jul 22, 2003, 6:47pm
That's true. Did I say that wasn't true or not also possible? I can look
at the telegrams on my local system and see if you sent me one or not
and if so, at what time/date it was sent. Okay, I think everyone gets
the point now about telegrams. Let's see if Cal or another AWI staffer
replies to the original question.

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

[View Quote]

abb e norm somewhere@fake.

Jul 22, 2003, 6:48pm
I wonder why logging would be needed now when all the new privacy features exists. And who exactly has access to it? For what
purposes is it used? I could still be wrong about them logging. But what Calpantera sure made me wonder.

"builderz" <builderz at vastnexus.com> skrev i meddelandet news:3F1D9F90.3233868C at vastnexus.com...
> That's right, they don't have a little birdie in their ear that says
> "turn telegram logging on or off at X time," but they have the ability
> to turn logging on or off for ALL users anytime they wish. So if they
> wanted to stop logging right now, they could. If they wanted to start it
> up again tomorrow at 3:33 AM ET, they could. If they don't want to
> change anything the way it is right now, they can do that too. Hope
> that's clear now.
>
> Builderz
> http://www.3dhost.net
>
[View Quote]

strike rapier

Jul 22, 2003, 6:53pm
they always have....

i dont think they should but the eula gets em out.... although....

[View Quote]

john

Jul 22, 2003, 7:00pm
When I tried to program a 3D-Chat prog, all grams & chat was sent first to
the Galaxy Server (Aw Uniserver) and then back to the Uniserver (the server
that authenticiates Galaxies)... lol!

~John

[View Quote]

stecloud

Jul 22, 2003, 8:31pm
I don;t think its much of a problem - I'm sure they have better things to do
than read through thousands of telegrams a day. I'm not saying maybe they
don;t occasionally read them, but I have never really said anything
regrettable on a gram and I'm sure thjose guys wouldnt hold it against me if
I did. Does Big Brother ever sleep?



[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 10:41pm
More likely M A T T or someone else
[View Quote]

strike rapier

Jul 24, 2003, 3:23pm
Customers feeling safe is a very important factor in running a good
business, even if its them feeling safe from the company themselves.

- Mark

[View Quote]

1  |  
Awportals.com is a privately held community resource website dedicated to Active Worlds.
Copyright (c) Mark Randall 2006 - 2021. All Rights Reserved.
Awportals.com   ·   ProLibraries Live   ·   Twitter   ·   LinkedIn