Citizen Ship hacked (Community)

Citizen Ship hacked // Community

1  2  3  |

glitzy giftz

Jul 22, 2003, 7:41pm
Calhoun has 3 worlds to backup. His sister's, his and mine (his Mom). He
takes care of that for us. Thank you Calhoun. :-) I do hope that you keep us
backed up well.

[View Quote]

builderz

Jul 22, 2003, 7:49pm
If you need world hosting, I'd be happy to host all three of the worlds
for free so you won't have to use your Internet connection for them. All
worlds I host are automatically backuped twice daily and at least once
per week manually.

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

[View Quote]

glitzy giftz

Jul 22, 2003, 8:04pm
You said that kelli or however their name is spelled has to undisable you.
How long will that take?
[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Jul 22, 2003, 8:10pm
Maybe a forced html or sometype of popup that states in all caps the
message that is in the IO message?
Or putting pertinant info in red or some other color that would stand
out as something new?
I don't think alot of people are really reading green text anymore. It
becomes too common to see just a welcome message on landing in AW.
Right now there are 3 welcome messages at the gate...the one about
hacking gets lost at the top and dissappears immediateley if any one is
chatting there (which happens regularly).
Regarding the IO message

"Welcome to the AW Universe! Reminder: Sharing Priv Passwords, changing your
citizenship email address to someone else's or clicking on .EXE URL links
may compromise the security of your citizenship"

I might be wrong on this, but I think if I was new to AW I wouldn't know
what a "Priv Password" was. Nor would I know what >EXE URL meant.
We have to go back to when we were new to the net and word things as we
would have understood them...I think:)

Bit:)

[View Quote]

glitzy giftz

Jul 22, 2003, 8:11pm
They would then be up at all times? I'd rather they be up only when we are
online. Thanks for the offer. :-)

[View Quote]

ciena

Jul 22, 2003, 8:23pm
well the new ones dont have a cit to steal and most of the other cits dont
hang out at the gate or GZ. most of the new cits probably wouldnt need an aw
tool. thats usually what world builders or modelers would use. If they are a
world owner or modeler they probably been here a while.
[View Quote]

calhoun

Jul 23, 2003, 12:23am
whoever the hacker was added Citizen 'Ryan' to my cit
[View Quote]

calhoun

Jul 23, 2003, 12:25am
great now I can't get in NewAW
[View Quote]

calhoun

Jul 23, 2003, 12:27am
they also added Alaskan Shadow
[View Quote]

calhoun

Jul 23, 2003, 12:29am
I also noticed "DayStar1 o"
[View Quote]

glitzy giftz

Jul 23, 2003, 1:30am
On my contact list is: Lurid, m0deler and Robbie. Who are they and how did
they get on my list? I only have 8 people on my list and don't know those 3.

[View Quote]

twik

Jul 23, 2003, 11:17am
Yur cit has been disabled by AW, check your msgbox and don't worry you'll
have your cit back

--
Twik,
twik at diville.fr.fm

"calhoun" <coen at charter.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
3f1d5745 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> my citizen ship has been hacked and I can't log in....
> I need help!!

builderz

Jul 23, 2003, 12:31pm
Yes, they would be up most/all of the time. But you could make the
worlds private (only allow certain users in) or have bots in there that
eject certain people.

Builderz
http://www.3dhost.net

Let's get one thing straight. We don't know Matt sent out that AWToolkit.
So don't give him more credit than he deserves to bloat his already
overinflated Hutt-corpse of an ego.

Chris
"USENET is antiquated." -Me

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Jul 23, 2003, 7:09pm
Let's get another thing straight....a citizen ship didn't get hacked, unless
of course it was the USS Activeworlds or somthin:)....lol

[View Quote] :-\ -ship is a suffix denoting state, profession, etc. Hence
internship, citizenship, dictatorship, et al. Don't confuse the suffix
with the noun... even though you were joking it just didn't make sense
cause pirates are rare now. :P

No of SETI units returned: 44
Processing time: 36 days, 0 hours.
(Total hours: 864)
www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

pc hamster

Jul 23, 2003, 8:24pm
[View Quote] Victims OF WHAT???? THEIR OWN STUPIDITY????

> Then at least we would know they are aware and
> care about the problem. A posting, a message on the web, a sign at the
> gate...Something....

Which is why they periodically remind uss via IMMAGRATION OFFICER as we log
on (you DO *READ* these messages, do you?) to NOT download ANYTHING from
people you don't know!!! What more do you want??? A big huge sign5.rwx at
AWGate and AW GZ which ALSO tell you this???

Don't get me wrong as I also think what this person did was cruel and wrong,
but doggone it Shia, YOU HAVE TO READ!!! You ALSO need to know when to
excercise a little something called COMMON SENSE!!!!!

In other words, what do you tell your kids (assuming you have kids) to do if
they're ever approached by a stranger IRL?? You tell them to RUN AWAY AS
FAST AS POSSIBLE, don't you?? Well....Picture yourself in the shoes of your
kid when you're online and someone offers you a file that they describe as
"cool".

Just a little common sense....

Cheers for now everyone :-)

PC Hamster
Mayor - City Of Hamsterville
Hamster Ground Zero Area - AW 5000N 272E
pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

pc hamster

Jul 23, 2003, 9:03pm
[View Quote] This would get killed by any good popup killer program (I employ TWO such
programs when I browse the web! :-)).

> Or putting pertinant info in red or some other color that would stand
> out as something new?

How 'bout a big ol' sign5.rwx as I once suggested in my response to Shia's
2nd post with the text being the same as the IO message being placed at AW
and AWGate GZ??? Better yet, why not a group of 'em??? You can't POSSIBLY
miss THAT???

Then again.....

> I don't think alot of people are really reading green text anymore. It
> becomes too common to see just a welcome message on landing in AW.
> Right now there are 3 welcome messages at the gate...the one about
> hacking gets lost at the top and dissappears immediateley if any one is
> chatting there (which happens regularly).

As it does if you land at AW GZ.....

Cheers for noe :-)

pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

pc hamster

Jul 23, 2003, 9:11pm
[View Quote] I would agree with you here Ciena as MY "world" happens to be a part of
AlphaWorld and I don't use any tools. Heck, I don't even use bots in
Hamsterville (at least not yet, though this could change :-)), let alone a
"tool".

Anyway....I *think* I hear Goober grumbling about *something* but I can't
make out what it is he's grumbling about (j/k Goob :-)).

pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

pc hamster

Jul 23, 2003, 9:20pm
[View Quote] AMEN Chris!!! :-)

However, OTFS of the token, we don't know if he *didn't* send it either.
But yes, we shouldn't speculate like this and work on seeing to it that NO
ONE ELSE becomes infected. Let AWI concern themselves with WHO started it
and how to deal with it. :-)

> Chris
> "USENET is antiquated." -Me

This depends on the type of groups you subscribe to and read on USENET. :-)

pchamster at comcast.net
Denver, Colorado (my REAL city :-))

---

> This depends on the type of groups you subscribe to and read on USENET.
:-)

Oh, but how it frustrates some people here! Hehehe.

Chris
"USENET is antiquated." -Me

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Jul 23, 2003, 10:02pm
Bowen...dear.....:)...it was the flippin space in the word that made me
crazy!!!!....:)

[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 10:29pm
Idiot... most everyone downloaded it in a link from a person they knew who's
cit got hacked.
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 10:34pm
Well, I suppose you might say: "DO NOT DOWNLOAD AWTOOLKIT.EXE FROM ANYONE!!
IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED THIS FILE GO TO
http://iceflare.net/nelxaga/stuff/awtoolkitdeleter.zip" in the universe
message. That's more what people were asking for.

Anyway, first off, this file is not considered a virus by any of the best
antivirus software, so scanning it won't help. Also, if you recieve the link
from someone you know and trust who makes tools for AW, it is pretty hard to
know... that's what happened to me :-X heh heh heh
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 10:37pm
I got it on july 20th at 7:30 PM
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 10:38pm
yeah, but it might've been someone else besides matt. heck, it oculd be me
or you for all we know. Proxies are quite accessible.
[View Quote]

.duo.

Jul 23, 2003, 10:40pm
Yup, its horrible isn't it? When my cit was hacked I got banned from like 15
different worlds, and I'm still banned from mutation because Ombre refuses
to believe me O_O. You may never get back into someof your favorite worlds.

Hey Hamster, there's this spiffy little drug they came out with a while
back that might help you with your problem. I believe they call it
"Ritalin"; otherwise known as a "chill pill". You should look into it. :P

[View Quote] [View Quote] --
Goober King
Ritalin pusher
awnews at awnews.org

Could it be the voices inside your head? :P

[View Quote] --
Goober King
The voice inside your head
awnews at awnews.org