citizenship prices (Community)

citizenship prices // Community

1  2  |

twik

Apr 12, 2003, 1:09am
I think that aw citizenship prices are too high and I have a good reason: my
friend had a cit and he wants to rehave it but he cants. Why? Because prices
are too high. He had high speed connection for 15$ more by month and he cant
pay this? what do that mean? pricing is too high since January 8th 2002 and
aw is missing ALOT of customers bcuz of these prices. I think that is not
bright. Think to it wisely. It is not a good price

think to it
Twik

elyk

Apr 12, 2003, 5:26am
You have to take into consideration that ActiveWorlds Corp. was going
bankrupt....so, they had to increase the prices for profit.....its a
business. There are still plenty of citizens, myself being one of them, who
still pay these prices. This topic was brought up a while back when the
price changes were first made up. A lot of people complained about them
before they knew why they were increasing them. The prices won't change :o(

-Elyk
[View Quote]

tengel

Apr 12, 2003, 7:10am
I don't know, what the price of this is in yours contry, but in my contry a
singel of PS2 game cost about the same what 1 year Chitizinship cost.
Nobody complains about the prizes of a singel games of PS2. games they
mostly get tierd of before 1 year have gone.
Is maybe wrong to look into this, in this way, but in my view it is the
same. A hobby I have to pay to use.

( PS2 = Playstation 2 )

[View Quote]

brock

Apr 12, 2003, 11:24am
a PS2 costs 200.
a citizenship costs 70
I don't see a close price difference lol.

Plus citizenship prices are never going to be lowered, so stop posting that
they should be, give it up it is a endless battle that will get you nowhere,
you either have to pay, or don't pay which results in you being a tourist
again :)

--
Brock - 308723
AW 3.4 Build: 476
Brock at my.activeworlds.com

From Newbie Guide to the Newsgroup (4th Edition):

"Brock - This dude with a 'tude isn't afraid to speak his mind,
especially when it concerns others in his own age range.
In other words, the perfect NG candidate."
-------------------
[View Quote]

the joker ss

Apr 12, 2003, 11:28am
he was talkign about aPS2 game

sk8man 1

Apr 12, 2003, 12:16pm
Yeah, PS2 games in the US are usually like $20-$50 -- and it's for the rest
of your life, not one year. (Unless you ruin the disk)

[View Quote]

tengel

Apr 12, 2003, 12:20pm
At Amazon.com I don't find any games to 200, but I find to 50, and Brock I
don't care it cost money, I was answer Twik,
as I said a hobby I pay to use,
some use money at ps2, I use it at AW.

[View Quote]

tengel

Apr 12, 2003, 12:23pm
well, I never like to play a game, that I have finish allready. so no matter
it is life time.
Aw does change all the time,
[View Quote]

brock

Apr 12, 2003, 2:16pm
oh a game,
Game: 50
AW Cit: 70
Game lasts till you finish it
AW Cit: Lasts for a year guaranteed.

--
Brock - 308723
AW 3.4 Build: 476
Brock at my.activeworlds.com

From Newbie Guide to the Newsgroup (4th Edition):

"Brock - This dude with a 'tude isn't afraid to speak his mind,
especially when it concerns others in his own age range.
In other words, the perfect NG candidate."
-------------------
[View Quote]

chiana

Apr 12, 2003, 3:35pm
most console / PC games have 40 - 80 hours game play , then its finished and
when you replay it, its the same old things again.

with AW a citship lasts a year and every day is differnt , the path isnt set
like it is in a Game, so everyday can be different but that depends on the
user :)

you cant really compare the two lol

tengel

Apr 12, 2003, 4:35pm
agree, so I put my money in AW.

[View Quote]

brock

Apr 12, 2003, 6:01pm
That's another thing, like goober said a long time ago.
People spend money on things like cd's and video games, then complain about
not having enough money for aw.
He said this when the 20 dollar price was in position, i think it still is
effective for the new 70 dollar price :)

--
Brock - 308723
AW 3.4 Build: 476
Brock at my.activeworlds.com

From Newbie Guide to the Newsgroup (4th Edition):

"Brock - This dude with a 'tude isn't afraid to speak his mind,
especially when it concerns others in his own age range.
In other words, the perfect NG candidate."
-------------------
[View Quote]

jstone2004

Apr 12, 2003, 6:30pm
70 bucks isn't that much to get ahold of, if you really want to. And even
6.99 a month is way doable for those of us who have small pocket books. If
you are a teen, or younger, then all that means is hold on to $2 bucks a
week for four weeks, and you got yourself money for a month citizenship!
It's really not too hard, I had to scrap money together for a renewal just
awhile back, the first time I've had to pay the full huge price. However, I
found that paying monthly is a lot easier to handle.

Another possible way of doing things, is by simply asking your parents to
buy it for you. Or perhaps for a christmas/birthday/easter/random holidy
gift.

It all depends on how badly you want a citizenship! It's definately doable.
These are just things you can do offline. There are also many contests and
games that you can play inside AW where citizenships or citizenship
extentions are being offered.

So, it's definately accessible, if you want it!

dion

Apr 12, 2003, 10:16pm
AW is not up to the modern standards of video games and such.

[View Quote]

tengel

Apr 12, 2003, 10:23pm
ohh, is more that the net is not, It would be no problem to add a 100000
polygons object, but would your line and putter handel it?

[View Quote]

dion

Apr 12, 2003, 10:57pm
If AW's technology was sufficiently upgraded, it would.

-Dion

Yes, looking at it from that point of view, two dollars a week isn't that
much. If you have an allowance of any kind, you should be able to save
that. If the issue is that you can't use a credit card, well then, I don't
have the answer for you right off the bat. But I believe you should be able
to send a money order. AW Support will have details on that.

Chris

[View Quote]

dion

Apr 13, 2003, 12:01am
My issue is that I don't think AW is worth $70 a year - but that's just my
opinion and obviously not held by everyone.

-Dion

[View Quote]

ryan

Apr 13, 2003, 1:54am
Sounds like a psychological issue to me...

$70 a year sounds like a lot..
$2 a week sounds like very little

Yet, the $2 a week is more. From a teenager's perspective though, the
$2/week is easier to attain then $70/year.

Ryan

[View Quote]

the joker ss

Apr 13, 2003, 1:56am
and i simply dont have 70$ , so no AW for me soon . and even if i had it , i
got better things to do with 70 $ then spent it on the net .

bowen

Apr 13, 2003, 1:59am
[View Quote] $2 a week is a lot if you're on minimum wage, pay for a car, pay for insurance, pay
for rent, pay for internet access, et al.

--Bowen--

dion

Apr 13, 2003, 2:35am
it's a lot of money for me and I don't have any real paying
responsibilities. But I only make $15/week.

-Dion

[View Quote]

goddess innie

Apr 13, 2003, 4:24am
Why all the complaining?! you have paid for your cit, so obviously you have
the money to affor it, right?

infact, if im not mistaken, you JUST renewed your cit, in the past two days?
I do agree, if people are willing to pay for a silly video game, that will
be solved in a couple of weeks, for about $50...what is the difference? if
we put the money into AW, then they will have the money to contantly upgrade
to a better product! They have to make money to actually do something in
the business. it is just the way it works. They cant make this stuff for
free. how do you expect them to pay their bills, eat, etc? Running a
business is EXPENSIVE. if you dont believe me, try to run an internet
business. it sucks, it is hard, and the taxes eat you ALIVE!

I support these guys. Great product, and good work! keep up the job well
done!

Apr 13, 2003, 4:49am
I don't have a credit card because I think CC companies rip
people off. Money order from Europe to the US is complicated
and expencive.

I hope they will allow PayPal payment soon. They take away
some % too but are easy to handle.

Even better would be if they had bank accounts in those
countries with many customers. Some companies have that.
An example are the makers of the old 3d explorer, they had
bank accounts in several European countries. Or they could
ask their distributors to handle it.

[View Quote]

ryan

Apr 13, 2003, 5:08am
So are the bank accounts and distributors a way for ActiveWorlds to market
their products in foreign countries without the hefty currency exchange? I
think that would boost business significantly..

Ryan

Apr 13, 2003, 5:26am
I can only speak for me :

An AW citizenship would be a nice present for a friend who
does not have enough own money but the current payment
methods are not very friendly to "foreign" customers.

The problem I have with CC companies is that they rip of
those people who do _not_ have a CC, that's why I refuse
to get a credit card. They force shop owners to increase
the prices in order to avoid a credit card fee for their
customers who want to pay with CC. That's blackmail and
maffia methods :-(

Apr 13, 2003, 7:16am
This is the same concept that lawmakers use to boost tax rates. There's
almost always a little box to check YES or NO to a half cent tax increase
for something or other. Enough of those amount to some pretty significant
tax increases over the years. Keep that in mind when you're old enough to
vote. :P

Chris

[View Quote]

tengel

Apr 13, 2003, 8:07am
I thought AW accept Paypal.

Apr 13, 2003, 11:03am
"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> wrote in
news:3e98a7d5 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> If AW's technology was sufficiently upgraded, it would.

I don't think a lot of machines can handle 100k polys in a realtime
environment with a decent framerate. I think this may've been a bit of an
exageration, though. I have often complained about the lack of optimisation
in AW, as it is strangely slow even on powerfull systems that can handle
scenes with greater polycounts much better in other applications. It's no
wonder AW is lagging behind in graphics when you think about the number of
programmers working on it...

KAH

johnny b jbitt2atjunodotcom

Apr 13, 2003, 12:45pm
I just recently renewed, only payment option was a credit card, or mailing them a check, money order, etc. But of course, that's a
pain because you'd have to wait till the check clears for your acc't to be renewed.
Would be ok if you sent it in well in advance, but who the hell pays their bills on time ;O)
JB