Help Wanted (Community)

Help Wanted // Community

1  |

seiya faye

Jan 28, 2003, 5:28pm
Hye guys, dont laugh, but i was wondering if somebody would want to hang out
with me and be like my bestest friend to help me with my social skills and
anger problems too. And nobody say the predictable 'i have a shrink that i
could reccomend' comment.
-love and befriend
Seiya Faye

binarybud

Jan 28, 2003, 5:43pm
This is encouraging hon....:)
If your serious there are lots of things to read on the net...
http://www.meddybemps.com/7.27.html

good luck
Leo :) aka asshole

[View Quote]

chiana

Jan 28, 2003, 7:17pm
hey Seiya i think you rock !!!!!!!

Seiya for president !!!!!!! YEAH

I believe she said she wanted a friend, not a groupie. ;P

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Chiana for President... of the Seiya Fan Club!!

mod

Jan 28, 2003, 7:33pm
I have a good mental hospital I can recommend. Double insulated 'jackets'
for the winter :P

-Mod
[View Quote]

binarybud

Jan 28, 2003, 7:35pm
who the heck woke you up?
:)

[View Quote]

maki

Jan 28, 2003, 9:21pm
[View Quote] LOL!

maki

mod

Jan 28, 2003, 11:26pm
Bah thats right! I should be sleeping, *goes back to sleep*

-Mod

[View Quote]

count dracula

Jan 29, 2003, 2:54am
Not sure how serious you are in this post, but the key to solving any
problem is admitting having a problem.

I used to get mad quite easily and throw stuff around in my anger. These
days people who did not know me back then, think I am the calmest guy and
think I never get mad. I guess the thing that helped me most was, I simply
started to think. Ok, will it help to get mad and do irrational things, or
might there be another way?
So these days when I am in situations where I would have blown a fuse in the
"old days", I simply take a deep breath and try to think; what is the most
logical thing to do now? One might think that taking a deep breath and
counting to 10 sound like a cliché, but it really helps. The few seconds
you stop to calm down are the most critical, it is then when the damage is
done.

I do not say this always help, but if it atleast help a few times in the
beginning, one might be able to develop into some kind of system that suites
oneselves best. Anger is an emotion, and emotions twist our logical thinking
(like other things like religion, laws, traditions).

What come to social skills, I am quite lost. One thing that might help is
trying to imagine how do the other person feel if I do this or that, and
also try to understand why someone has said and acted as she/he has.
I have a good friend, I think we have never agreed on anything, yet never
fought . There is an old finnish proverb ( freely translated) "let matters
argue, not persons". So if one disagree with someone, one should try to stay
on the "topic" what the argue is about and not starting to attack the person
for what she/he is or stands for.

Not sure if this is helping any, these are just my views and I am no
"shrink". It has just helped me, so I doubt it will hurt trying:)

Drac the wuss

seiya faye <starbuilds at yahoo.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:3e36d9d6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hye guys, dont laugh, but i was wondering if somebody would want to hang
out
> with me and be like my bestest friend to help me with my social skills and
> anger problems too. And nobody say the predictable 'i have a shrink that i
> could reccomend' comment.
> -love and befriend
> Seiya Faye

baron sweetman

Jan 29, 2003, 11:28am
"seiya faye" <starbuilds at yahoo.com> wrote in
news:3e36d9d6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Hye guys, dont laugh, but i was wondering if somebody would want to
> hang out with me and be like my bestest friend to help me with my
> social skills and anger problems too. And nobody say the predictable
> 'i have a shrink that i could reccomend' comment.
> -love and befriend
> Seiya Faye

LOL, hang out with chlorpromazine, works like a charm :)

Afaik. this "stuff" is now your library ;)

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Jan 30, 2003, 7:15am
:-)

That's what I do best, lol (you should see who *I* hang out with, lol)

[View Quote]

yanst

Jan 30, 2003, 4:42pm
Seiya Faye, I'll be your friend - but I thought we were already friends.
: )

Yanst

[View Quote]

hicks8

Jan 30, 2003, 7:28pm
Seiya I can be that friend. But what don't I kinda do that already?