China (Community)

China // Community

1  |

yanst

Dec 15, 2002, 1:55am
I love Alpha World. I'm confused as to what has happened in Alpha World
with the China avatar textures and building objects, and I don't understand
why AWGate looks like China. I'm in hopes that this will one day be a
cheerful place full of happiness and freedom.

Mars is my temporary home for now. Can't wait to go back home.

zeo toxion

Dec 15, 2002, 1:57am
Whats wrong with China?

--
Zeo

[View Quote] Erm, isn't AWGate a compiliation of the Great Wall and Holywood... maybe aslo Niagra
falls?

--Bowen--

carlbanks

Dec 15, 2002, 1:59am
Yeah AWGate is basically many cool things put togethor

Maybe he was talking about the political climate in there. :P

Chris

[View Quote]

bonzai

Dec 15, 2002, 3:12am
china is cool

"sw chris" <chrisw10 at skywalkeronline.net> schreef in bericht
news:3dfc0606 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Maybe he was talking about the political climate in there. :P
>
> Chris

Become a human rights activist or go on a Christian missionary trip into
that country and you will change your mind. =P

Chris

[View Quote]

shred

Dec 15, 2002, 1:02pm
Does anyone remember Tiananamen square? That incident was not very "cool".

"yanst" <ayansta at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3dfbfd4a at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I love Alpha World. I'm confused as to what has happened in Alpha
> World with the China avatar textures and building objects, and I don't
> understand why AWGate looks like China. I'm in hopes that this will
> one day be a cheerful place full of happiness and freedom.
>
> Mars is my temporary home for now. Can't wait to go back home.

Never mind this anti-communist, anti-chinese radical... He probably can't
even justify his views.

KAH

bonzai

Dec 15, 2002, 3:16pm
blah blah , old dust
lol

ncc 71854

Dec 15, 2002, 8:54pm
ROFL

*blink*

[View Quote]

dartanus

Dec 16, 2002, 1:24am
And honestly, I thought AW gate was just where Tourst Went.... that is why
I stay away from their, isthat to say I would want not to go to China ?

On second thought I think I would rather go to a Mississippi Bar on a
Saturday Night...

[View Quote]
---

technozeus

Dec 16, 2002, 2:03am
Every country has it's share of things that are "not very cool" though. That doesn't mean there are no good points to be found.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

shred

Dec 16, 2002, 2:36am
That's true, and I didn't mean to say that China doesn't have its good points. It's one of the oldest and most culturally developed nations on the face of Earth. I just saw Bonzai's comment as being kind of mocking, that's all.

[View Quote]

wizard myrddin

Dec 16, 2002, 6:54am
No offence bonzai.

But the situation in Tibet with regards the occupation is hardly "cool" it
is the basic denial of human rights and persecution of an indigenous people
and the systimatic destruction of tibetian culture

Althought China has made some progress the Tibetian people would like to
follow their own beliefs and customs with the reinstatment of his Holiness
The Dali Larma.

The China's invasion by 35,000 troops in 1949 was an act of unprovoked
aggression. There is no generally accepted legal basis for China's claim of
sovereignty.

bonzai

Dec 16, 2002, 11:39am
but guys , this is AW, and no matter what china is or does , we can
havehinarelated object cant we ?

"shred" <shred at myrealbox.com> schreef in bericht
news:3dfd5848 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> That's true, and I didn't mean to say that China doesn't have its good
points. It's one of the oldest and most culturally developed nations on the
face of Earth. I just saw Bonzai's comment as being kind of mocking, that's
all.

:\ what you going on about?
[View Quote]

technozeus

Dec 17, 2002, 2:17am
We can have "Earth related" objects, without regard to whether they are China related or not. It's not like China was the only country ever to build a really big fence, or a fortress style or castle style wall. If someone likes or dislikes it because it reminds them of China, they have a right to feel that way if they... it's their feelings. Personally, I don't see any reason to judge mere objects on such an arbitrary basis.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

lioness.

Dec 17, 2002, 10:53am
Trust me hon....AWGate is for everyone which is why it is a "Family Rated"
world. All age groups are welcome there, whether you're a tourist or not.
Some of us who like to welcome tourists and help them, like to hang out
there. There is a group of "Regulars" that come and go at the gate. Please
don't feel like you aren't welcome there if you aren't a tourist. ;-"D

[View Quote]

technozeus

Dec 17, 2002, 11:47am
I miss The Gate. I wish they would bring it back.

TechnoZeus

[View Quote]

e n z o

Dec 17, 2002, 12:35pm
And EPCOT, don't forget EPCOT :)

shred

Dec 17, 2002, 2:15pm
I didn't say anything about not being able to have China based objects :P