the moderation retroactive. What's done is done and the damage can't be
undone just by deleting the post that caused it.

Is it ENZO or a PK?! :P
robrod at prism.net

[View Quote] Definately. Only delete offensive things too, not posts that tend to be dry (or
hardass like Goob's). :P

--Bowen--

e n z o

Nov 8, 2002, 3:08pm
It has been ridiculous for some time. I have to go through 22,000 messages
to pick em out so nobodies feelings get hurt? I tried that. I do not have
that kind of time. Now I have moved on to deleting threads. I have only
gone back a week or two.

Please be patient

ENZO

[View Quote]

lady gabrielle

Nov 8, 2002, 3:17pm
Seems like hes got a HUGE task at hand.. a little patience please...

LG

[View Quote] My advice to you is to not alter previous threads, but worry about new ones that come
out. Until a flame begins, don't worry about something that may be offensive, unless
extreme.

--Bowen--

antigone

Nov 8, 2002, 3:31pm
If it's any help ENZO...I only need the two posts I made today to remain.
Anything from AlphaBit Phalpha or Antigone can be deleted otherwise.
Geeze...sorry you have to work on all this:(

gee, its seriously getting annoying! leave the posts as they are! its really
annoying that everytime 1 post gets deleted, i have to redownload the info
of 22,311 posts. just leave them be, and for those people who can complain,
why dont you guys ignore them like you usually do?

[View Quote] I think reindexing only occurs when an entire thread is deleted.

well, it happened to me twice or 3 times.

Then I propose a helping hand... we can flag up any posts that we think need your intervension by adding a thread with "MARK UP" or something in the subject. So you can identify what we think and decide for youself if you think they should go...

Um... all moderating is retroactive. You can't delete posts from people who
haven't posted yet. :)

Chris

"sw chris" <chrisw10 at skywalkeronline.net> wrote in
news:3dcc0719 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Um... all moderating is retroactive. You can't delete posts from
> people who haven't posted yet. :)

Lol, you got him there ;-)) Let's call it pseudo-retroactive then.

You know what I mean. :P He shouldn't worry about posts that were made
*before* he started moderating the NGs.

[View Quote] --
Goober King
It would certainly make his job easier.
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

e n z o

Nov 8, 2002, 4:59pm
how bout HEY ENZO! ?

:)

[View Quote]

e n z o

Nov 8, 2002, 5:10pm
Ahh But those are the ones causing the commotion

That will do 2 >:)

You mean "caused". I don't think deleting those will stop the commotion,
it'll just confuse people as to what the current commotion is all about,
thereby dragging out the commotion even longer. I think you should just
stick to offensive posts made from now on. It'll certainly make *your*
job easier. :)

Even ENZO needs a break every now and then...
gooberking at utn.cjb.net

e n z o

Nov 8, 2002, 7:14pm
If you point me to these posts that have no reference I will delete them and
be done with it. The index is reset so that people are not responding to
posts they have in cache but that are not really on the server. This is
probably where the ghosts are coming from.

elyk

Nov 8, 2002, 8:11pm
Like I said before....E N Z O shouldnt have to hold our hands. Geez
ppl...think about it. E N Z O has a lot of work to do. He can't jump at
everyone's request. Who thought up the brilliant idea to have E N Z O delete
every single gram that is offensive in this newsgroup....honestly, if you
don't like it, don't read it from now on....simple solution.
[View Quote]

elyk

Nov 8, 2002, 8:14pm
He shouldnt have to worry about them at all.

It's pretty much settled down now, anyways...

Chris

[View Quote]

ozilcho

Nov 9, 2002, 1:48am
I have the hiccups!
appearance?
Time to <hiccup burp> drink some <belch hiccup> water.

kellee

Nov 9, 2002, 3:52am
Enzo......no offence, but Jerry Springer and his team of bouncers would be a
good moderator for this mob :o)