Concerning The Game (Community)

Concerning The Game // Community

1  |

the game master

Oct 16, 2002, 2:10pm
It has come to our attention that several posters to this group feel the
need to bash our game for trying to inform the same of our game world and
what is going on there.

Although we do enjoy getting responces to our postings, these individuals
have, with no basis for their accusations and slander, taken it upon
themselves to bash us. Many of these individuals have never even been to
our game world or spoken with us prior to their unkind remarks. We expected
more in the way of common sense and respect from AW citizens, being that we
are new here. Before anyone passes judgement upon us and our game they
should at the very least visit our web site or world and make personal
contact with our many game masters. They will answer any legitimate
concerns and/or question.

We do realize that not all AW citizens met us with such distain. Many
citizens have embraced us into the AW fold with open arms. Our registered
players have had nothing but good things to say about our world and The Game
in general.

As to the prizes offered. They are 100% real. We opened The Game offering
cash prizes, which will be paid, and are now on a points system. We are run
by DASH Enterprises Inc.(and not an individual) which handles all
prize-related grantings.

We hope this will help you better understand who we are and what we are
about. To register for and play games we offer is totally FREE.

Thank you.

GM Member #: 575

robbie

Oct 16, 2002, 3:13pm
Stop acting your some well founded company, as long as your a poster on this
newsgroup, your an individual, and we don't welcome indivudals with open
arms thats post their anoyance in every available newsgroup when it only
bares relevancy for one of them. As J b e l l kindly pointed out, if your
such a well established company, you would know that you cannot play for
money on the ineternet unless your over the age of 18. I can supply a link
to both european and american government websites that state that if you
like.

-Robbie

[View Quote]

agent1 webmaster@shatteredplattersdotcom

Oct 16, 2002, 3:49pm
You're not "informing" anyone of anything. We read your first post - anything after that is just spam.

-Agent1

Regardless that Robbie's post comes across as... unwelcoming, he is right.
It is very annoying to many people to have to see the same message over
again in all of the newsgroups here.

Now, I certainly don't know what the deal is with your corporation.
Unfortunately many AW citizens are distrusting of businesses, and I think
(mostly) with good reason. So, to verify your claims, could you please post
the link to your most recent SEC filing? It is also suspicious to people
here that there appears to be no catch to all these fabulous prizes. After
all it looks like you're spending cash needlessly without the thought of any
compensation. Clearly not a good business model. Even Monty from Lets Make
a Deal had a catch with everything he gave away. :)

So, if you could enlighten us a bit on those issues, I think that you will
find that you will probably be welcome here. :)

SW Chris

LOL< a 12 year old was gambling, I could sue your back side into infinity.

agent1 webmaster@shatteredplattersdotcom

Oct 16, 2002, 4:05pm
Come on now... that's just blatantly false. If something is free to participate in, there's no risk whatsoever to the participant. How is that gambling?

http://www.dashenterprisesinc.com/thegame/Player_Registry/player_registratio
n.html

You can't sue him.

SW Chris

And how is this money going to be sent? To CC details (which a 12 year old wouldent have), smells like info collecting.

maki

Oct 16, 2002, 8:06pm
How come this "well established corporation" or whatnot doesn't even have a
website?

maki awmaki.com
[View Quote]

brock

Oct 16, 2002, 9:28pm
Sounds like some dumb spamming company like iwon.com that is here to do
nothing but annoy you.

--
Brock - 308723
AW 3.4 Build: 435
Brock at iceflare.net

Kids these days.... Try jumping on someone _else's_ bandwagon and check
things out for yourselves. DASH Enterprises is indeed legitimate. They use
the money advertisers pay to advertise with them to purchase the fabulous
gifts and prices. That is my understanding of it.

Now knock off this horse crap of illegitimate companies. Good grief, he's
not some other company that I know of... I'll give you two guesses.

SW Chris

johnny b jbitt2atjuno.com

Oct 17, 2002, 12:57am
Now WHO might that be ? ;O) hahaha

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Oct 17, 2002, 1:52am
I agree, you have the right to "inform" us if you would like

However: keep in mind that information, spam, and marketing (though
generally combined) are NOT the same thing.. I believe it's fine to
advertise your world or service here.. but do it more then once and it's
just stupid - if people want to go; they will. Readers of the newsgroup
know about it and will visit at their leasure, all your repititous
advertising does is discourage and annoy us, not convince us "oh, well, this
guy has posted a lot of ads, maybe it is worth visiting" that is a very rare
response to any sort of advertising..

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Oct 17, 2002, 1:56am
domain name =/= well established company.. i've had several..

if this guy wanted us to believe it was a real company he'd go to the office
of the sec. of state and register it.. such as I did with AWJBell services
when it was still in existance..

...it doesn't hurt to keep things legal :-)

[View Quote]

johnny b jbitt2atjuno.com

Oct 17, 2002, 9:06am
Jbell,
A company doesn't have to register with the government in EVERY state,
to be in business legally and/or legitimately. Only in the state in which
the company is located.
Each state has it's own legalities concerning how and where they require a
business to be registered, licensed, insured, etc. And quite often those
individual states have very different requirements.
You may think this dash enterprises inc. sounds cheesy and who knows, your
opinions may very well be accurate, but they are exactly that,
opinions...... The "Inc." on the end of the name shows you they're an
incorporation ( legitimate business ) under the law in whichever state
they're based. At least they SHOULD be..... But that has nothing to do with
it. A quick check on a "whois" server gives you all the info as to whom the
domain belongs to. You could then call the respective state's appropriate
licensing authority to determine if the company was indeed valid. This will
often be the local dept. of commerce, states attorney general's office, or
whomever.
Anyways, I think the "Insanity Syndrome" has many people a bit suspicious
here...... which isnt exactly a bad thing..... but we can't just jump all
over everyone in here that represents some unheard of company. I've never
heard of them either, but they may very well be up to snuff... might be some
annoying advertising based thing, but that is their choice... we don't have
to like it for it to be legal.

JB

[View Quote]

johnny b jbitt2atjuno.com

Oct 17, 2002, 9:13am
Chris, an SEC filing has to do with companies that fall under the scope of
Securities ( bonds, etc ) and Exchange ( Stocks and such ) hence the name
Securities and Exchange comission...... This isn't something every business
in the country does, or is required to do....
If it was a publicly traded co. on the US Stock Exchange, then they'd have
to submit a filing...... Just because they're a business does not require
them to do so, or provide the public with their financial reports, etc.

JB

[View Quote]

wizard myrddin

Oct 17, 2002, 11:06am
Personally anybody that has spent time and money making something for all
the aw community to enjoy and play, and in this case perhaps be a recipient
of a prize deserve praise. How many of the people that shout and scream have
put their money where their mouth is?

Regardless if its a one man business or someone starting out in business its
brought something legal that can make aw more interactive and brings people
into aw, I say well done and give the guy a break and time to improve.

For once, I agree with you, Wiz. Let the man play his game, and if it
turns out he's doing anything illegal, he'll be dealt with accordingly.
It's not as if he's scamming anyone, since everything's *free*, and it
would seem that his rules have all the bases covered.

As for posting on multiple newsgroups, it is generally frowned upon by
most newsgroupers. I would suggest limiting your posts to only community
and general.discussion in the future, game master.

"Insanity Syndrome"... Likes the sound of that. :)
robrod at prism.net

"the game master" <zechariah4 at sprynet.com> wrote in
news:3dad8f5b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> It has come to our attention that several posters to this group feel
> the need to bash our game for trying to inform the same of our game
> world and what is going on there.
><<snipped rest>>

I have nothing against you, your world nor your company, but I think you
have misunderstood the workings of these groups somewhat, thus behaving in
a way many of the regulars don't appreciate. It's completely cool that you
announced that your world had opened and what it was about, that's just the
point of this group. But that you then started posting news about it all
the time (winners, downtime info, etc) is not the point of these groups. It
only concerns you and your users, not the community in general (and
certainly not many of the groups you posted it to), and should not be
posted here (in general.discussion it's acceptable though). I think you
should consider opening a forum of your own on your website where you can
post news and noteables about the world instead of posting it here. We are
interested in that there's a new game world, introducing "solid" prizes
(nearly none of the games will get you things you can touch, but rather
virtual things you can use in AW, with the exception of the AW t-shirts and
some one-time events), but not in every little thing that goes on in it. I
hope this cleared things up a bit, and I hope you'll continue posting more
on-topic things here in the future :-)) Welcome to the groups!

KAH

j b e l l

Oct 18, 2002, 12:25am
Keep in mind this thread originated because he was spamming the NG - not to
discuss the legalities of the business - keep that in mind before praising
him..

Hence my second paragraph. It pays to read an *entire* post... :P

READING IS FUN!!!!
robrod at prism.net

binarybud

Oct 18, 2002, 12:09pm
yea..... publicly chastising is always a great welcome..... Like he needs 20 different people telling him the same damn thing in open forum. Email works great for this.

Leo :)

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Oct 18, 2002, 3:36pm
why read the whole thing, when i could just get read half of it and then
make some smart-ass remark? sorry, I wasn't aware people thought about
others messages in this NG.. i'll try harder to think next time.. though
trying harder doesn't necessarily mean thinking harder, hehe.. that's what
school is for.. not AW *weg* don't mind me.. it's the morning..

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Oct 18, 2002, 3:38pm
Seems to me this thread has gone on so long we've forgotten what we were
arguing about and just started arguing... *takes a deep breathe* man, i love
you guys.. hehe.. don't know what I would do without being able to get some
of my whining/b****ing out here (can I say that without the *? has it really
been that long that I could have forgotten without having some sort of
mental illness? uh-oh.. i'm not nuts am I? please tell me i'm not nuts..
please.. oh god.. i am nuts, aren't I.. well.. at least i'm still american
enough to use my highly-practiced skill of rationilzation - an innate human
ability)

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Oct 18, 2002, 3:39pm
*jumps in back the padded truck* are we going on a road trip? ..this sure is
a wierd coat.. not even very warm.. i'de take it back to the store, the
design is all wierd, I can barely move, and it doesn't keep the cold or
water out.. hrmph.. fashion designers these days..

Lesson to all future NG posters: Don't post in the wee hours of the
morning when you're barely conscious. You'll make more sense that way. :P

Though some people can't seem to handle posting at *any* time of day :P
robrod at prism.net

j b e l l

Oct 20, 2002, 1:29am
...that's subjective.. barely conscious < 5pm

or when your almost asleep. oh, and when your bored out of your mind. in my
experience, posts out of boredom never make sense :)

[View Quote]

shorah

Oct 23, 2002, 10:43am
E-mail: dashenterprises1 at aol.com

ack :o

Shorah

[View Quote]

j b e l l

Oct 24, 2002, 7:07am
*vomit*

sorry.. i can't send an e-mail to your company...

aol 0wnz me..

(they do.. they won my soul in a law suit against me back in 97.. some sort
of fraud or something... doesn't matter)