Do you need Flash Text effects for your web site? (Community)

Do you need Flash Text effects for your web site? // Community

1  |

wizard myrddin i

Aug 18, 2002, 11:50am
Hi all

To further add to the already free 3d lettering we off from our public
object yard in Stingray World, We would like to offer to these that perhaps
new to web page authoring the possibility to have a small Flash created
textual effect free of charge.

We will only create one per person in order that all that need can have,
plus not consume all our time.

A sample of the work is available on http://www.rdescape.co.uk

We have many effects to create around 5 lines of text only.

If you are interested please contact us on; awoffer2 at rdescape.co.uk for
details.

(This offer only applies to members of Activeworlds Universe)

eep

Aug 18, 2002, 12:03pm
Don't spam...

[View Quote] > To further add to the already free 3d lettering we off from our public
> object yard in Stingray World, We would like to offer to these that perhaps
> new to web page authoring the possibility to have a small Flash created
> textual effect free of charge.

wizard myrddin i

Aug 18, 2002, 12:09pm
Ok offer withdrawn, I'm against spamming and I am offended that a free offer
with no connections is regarded as such.

Spamming where? 0_0

- Mark
*Confused*

"wizard myrddin" <i wrote in news:3d5faa84$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Ok offer withdrawn, I'm against spamming and I am offended that a free
> offer with no connections is regarded as such.

Lol, don't mind Eep too much :-)) Talk to Goober King about being listed on
the UTN Utilities page, I'm sure some mayors would be interested in your
offer :-))

KAH

yanst

Aug 18, 2002, 2:29pm
Wizard,

Thanks for your offer to the community. I can imagine your frustration,
I've felt it myself. It seems there are always those who purposely set out
to destroy the act of good, especially when it involves community. In this
case, it was two words. Unfortunately, the pessimists know the weaknesses
of well-doers. If everyone gives in to the pessimists, we'd have no AW
left. Please consider putting your offer back up here.

This might help you, it came from Tyrell's post. I'm sure he wouldn't mind
you using it, obviously, he's experienced the same, otherwise, wouldn't have
posted it.

Legal Notice...

There will, as well, be those who have nothing good (read: mature) to
say about a post from anyone but feel they have to babble on regardless,
complaining about who cares what... I'm not interested... I couldn't
care less... Blow it out your... ear...!!! Don't want to use the URLs...
DON'T... Don't want to see posts like this, FILTER me... Like, I'l lose
sleep... NOT!!!...

[View Quote]

shred no@1.munged

Aug 18, 2002, 5:01pm
[View Quote] According to www.dictionary.com:

--
Spam (n): Unsolicited e-mail, often of a commercial nature, sent
e-mail.

Unsolicited (adj): Not looked for or requested; unsought: an unsolicited
manuscript; unsolicited opinions.

indiscriminately (adv): in a random manner; chaotic
---

According to these definitions, Wizard Myrddin's post is not classified as
spam because:

1. This community could or does need the service that Myrddin is/was
offering.
2. His post was not a random post; it was aimed at a specific audience.
3: His post is not chaotic nor was it sent in bulk to thousand of e-mail
addresses/newsgroups.

eep

Aug 18, 2002, 7:37pm
Surely you can understand how this is spam for the simple fact that it has nothing to do with AW, for one; for two, it's in this newsgroup vs. general.discussion.

[View Quote] > Ok offer withdrawn, I'm against spamming and I am offended that a free offer
> with no connections is regarded as such.

[View Quote]

eep

Aug 18, 2002, 7:41pm
Um, how is Flash animations relevant to AW? Can AW use them? No. Hence, it's spam because it's not even AW-related. It should have been posted to general.discussion, if at all. Plus, ANY ad is unsolicited. Do YOU go looking for ads? I sure as hell don't. I see enough of them everywhere else in my existence so whenever I have a chance to bitch to the annoying advertisers/marketers/spammers, I do. I get at least 10 spam emails a day (mostly from Asian domains that fuck up my mail reader's character set, requiring me to reset it each time). I am violently opposed to spam in ANY form--I went QUITE easy on Wizard...<twitch>

[View Quote] [View Quote]

shred no@1.munged

Aug 18, 2002, 8:29pm
[View Quote] No one else but you seems to be opposed to this specific post. Majority rule
is usually the rule enforcement catalyst of this newsgroup, so Flagg is not
likely to ban a user from it based on one complaint. However, I do agree
that Wizard's post belonged in general.discussion. Still, no actual harm was
done.

Seeing that several people actually requested that Myrddin's service not be
withdrawn and that they do not regard his post as spam, my advice is to
filter him if his posts offend or annoy you.

maki

Aug 18, 2002, 8:34pm
> Um, how is Flash animations relevant to AW? Can AW use them?>No.

He DID however state this was in addition to the already free text they
offer IN aw, the object, maybe you could use this for your AW website? Your
world's website... For AW? ?? ...?

>Hence, it's spam because it's not even AW-related. It should have >been
posted to general.discussion, if at all.

[see above]. It's for the COMMUNITY to know about ...

>Plus, ANY ad is unsolicited.
>Do YOU go looking for ads? I sure as hell don't.

Nobody does, dumbass.

>I see enough of them everywhere else in my existence

Of course you do, it's a way for people to get the word out...not as though
everyone will just stop advertising for you, everybody hates ads...wouldn't
want to think to HIGHLY of yourself now would you...

>so whenever I >have a chance to bitch to the annoying
>advertisers/marketers/spammers, I do. I get at least 10 spam emails a >day
(mostly from Asian domains that fuck up my mail reader's >character set,
requiring me to reset it each time).

Why the hell would you get this anyway? surely you've signed up for
something, or visited an *interesting* website...(asian domains?) you
*could* try blocking or filtering the addesses, though.

>I am violently opposed to spam in ANY form--I went QUITE easy on
>Wizard...<twitch>

Maybe, but you've still started something completely un necessary, by simply
saying "Don't Spam", idiot, don't waste time and bandwidth on this, as you
can see, just about no one aggrees with you anyway, give it up, just ignore
or filter the damn post ...after all these years...jeeze, maybe you should
see a psychiatrist, or have yourself submitted to a mental institution.
Someone really needs to put you in your place, jackass.

eep

Aug 19, 2002, 2:07am
[View Quote] [View Quote] Um, I never asked for Wizard to be banned.

> Seeing that several people actually requested that Myrddin's service not be
> withdrawn and that they do not regard his post as spam, my advice is to
> filter him if his posts offend or annoy you.

<shrug> I'd rather bitch about their off-topic nature and put pressure on spammers NOT to spam.

eep

Aug 19, 2002, 2:12am
[View Quote] >
> He DID however state this was in addition to the already free text they
> offer IN aw, the object, maybe you could use this for your AW website? Your
> world's website... For AW? ?? ...?

> posted to general.discussion, if at all.
>
> [see above]. It's for the COMMUNITY to know about ...

So you assume. However, it's not explicitly stated as such in the post.

> Nobody does, dumbass.

Fuck off, dipshit.

> Of course you do, it's a way for people to get the word out...not as though
> everyone will just stop advertising for you, everybody hates ads...wouldn't
> want to think to HIGHLY of yourself now would you...

<shrug> Just thinking about myself, not highly. Try thinking about YOU and everyone else inundated with constant advertising throughout their lives--it gets annoying, you know (or maybe you're just too young and immature to understand).

> advertisers/marketers/spammers, I do. I get at least 10 spam emails a day
> (mostly from Asian domains that fuck up my mail reader's >character set,
> requiring me to reset it each time).
> Why the hell would you get this anyway? surely you've signed up for
> something, or visited an *interesting* website...(asian domains?) you
> *could* try blocking or filtering the addesses, though.

Uh, I don't sign up for spam--PERIOD. I ALWAYS uncheck any "email me news, offers, etc" if I HAVE to sign up for something (web-based message boards--blech, website accounts: Gamasutra, etc). Why do you think I changed my newsgroup email to include "NOSPAM" in it about 6 months or so ago? Think about it, Maki.

> Maybe, but you've still started something completely un necessary, by simply
> saying "Don't Spam", idiot, don't waste time and bandwidth on this, as you
> can see, just about no one aggrees with you anyway, give it up, just ignore
> or filter the damn post ...after all these years...jeeze, maybe you should
> see a psychiatrist, or have yourself submitted to a mental institution.
> Someone really needs to put you in your place, jackass.

Fuck off, putz. Bring it on and you'll be put right back in your place. I have every right to bitch and moan about something if it affects me negatively--and spam sure as hell fits the bill. My response was COMPLETELY necessary in order to thwart future spam attempts. <shrug> Consider yourself filtered, moron.

maki

Aug 19, 2002, 2:42am
eep hacked up:

[View Quote] YES, I assume, because it's posted in the ACTIVEWORLDS newsgroups, so it
just MIGHT be realted to ACTIVEWORLDS

> Fuck off, dipshit.

VERY clever responce ... typical

though
ads...wouldn't

> <shrug> Just thinking about myself, not highly. Try thinking about YOU and
everyone else inundated with constant advertising throughout their lives--it
gets annoying, you know (or maybe you're just too young and immature to
understand).

Everyone has to deal with it, advertising is a part of life, it's
everywhere, get over it. I very well understand...It's your maturity I'm
questioning* [see all posts since you started posting]

day
set,

news, >>>offers, etc" if I HAVE to sign up for something (web-based message
boards--blech, >>>website accounts: Gamasutra, etc). Why do you think I
changed my newsgroup >>>email to include "NOSPAM" in it about 6 months or so
ago? Think about it, Maki.

Good for you, you don't just MAYBE think that those things you're signing up
for don't sell or give away your address anyway? unless they say they won't,
but you don't know that, do you?

simply
you
ignore
should

I have every >>>right to bitch and moan about something if it affects me
negatively--and spam sure as >>>hell fits the bill. My response was
COMPLETELY necessary in order to thwart future >>>spam attempts. <shrug>
Consider yourself filtered, moron.

OH boy! Here we go with the wonderful language again[repeat repeat repeat],
You're sure as HELL not putting me anywhere, asshole, you have the right,
and I have the right to tell you to shut the hell up. NO, it was NOT
necessary, just IGNORE the post, my god, is that so HARD to do? common
sense. Either way, people are still going to advertise their websites,
cities, and everything else in the AW universe, because these are the AW
NEWSGROUPS, *some* people like hearing news, and about new things in the
community, this IS a community, isn't it? It's your choice to read this
newsgroup, consider it. If all we had to sit here and read was YOUR lousy
ass posts I sure wouldn't be reading the newsgroups much longer...why don't
you grow up a little - or even better, as you would say, "Fuck off and die"

linn

Aug 19, 2002, 5:14am
yes lol when a simple ty wiz would have worked so well
[View Quote]

daphne

Aug 19, 2002, 6:22am
You are so nice, Wizard Myrddin... You must have heard that Eep's blood
pressure was getting low so you found a way to fix it and save him a trip to
the doctor...

johnny b uniquectatoptonline.net

Aug 19, 2002, 9:18am
Shut up........

[View Quote]

johnny b uniquectatoptonline.net

Aug 19, 2002, 9:21am
Maybe someone would want to use one on their AW related website, dipshit......
How you say ? Drive on thru jerk......

Jeez, Eep & maki, calm down a bit! Now you're filling the NG with stuff
just as bad as SPAM.

What about people who are taking advertising courses and need something for a case study?

Ha! I win. :)