I apologize... (Community)

I apologize... // Community

1  2  3  |  

perhaps

Apr 1, 2002, 7:29pm
I am apologizing to anyone who I may have cause trouble to, or anyone
who just got tired of hearing about this. I know most of you are thinking
"Immature teenager" , but I am really not, and am personally angry at myself
for making myself out to be. I lost most of my friends through this ordeal,
and I deserved it. This was just one of those things that people learn you
have something and they bug you to have it. It just went to my head and I
went crazy with it. I know an apology doesn't fix this and won't be enough
for anyone affected. If there is anyway I can help anyone I will. Receiving
T-grams all the time with people saying "I have now lost all respect for you
as a human being", made me realize I used to have people who cared and now I
ruined that. I would just like to put this thing to rest. When you think of
Dark Mod please think of the good I once did and not this.
I thank you all, and am truely regretful,and sorry

-Dark Mod

chickengurl

Apr 1, 2002, 7:48pm
It's simple. You should give up all your citizenships to the needy and leave
ActiveWorlds, because you will only bring back these horrible memories when
people see your name again.
or not...
Maybe, just forget about it?
Why worry about what some people online think of you?
Everyone makes mistakes.

[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Apr 1, 2002, 8:01pm
Hey DarkMod,

Thanks for the appology:)
I am hoping most can forgive and forget. Sometimes it takes time tho.
Hugggs:)

baro

Apr 1, 2002, 8:05pm
Lovely. I have even less sympathy now. Not only is he an idiotic
disruptive script kiddie, but an idiotic disruptive script kiddie with teen
angst and emotional turmoil.

"boo hoo wahh wahh I'm not bad I didn't know what I was doing." Give me a
break and grow up.

It's not like he lost control and hit someone during an argument, he did
something that takes time and thought. And for that there is NO excuse.

If he's honestly sorry, the best would to just leave aw without a word.
But I have a feeling in months or even weeks he'll be doing some similar
script kiddie because no one forgave him and he has even less friends and
needs to lash out again to prove he's such a smarty and an amazing haxor.
Then he'll loose more friends and get no respect for his brilliant "haxing"
and get all sobby and "oh I'm sorry.. I didn't mean that.. I wasn't
thinking" then repeat over and over. I've seen kids like this start this
pattern at 14-15 and never stop till they end up totally friendless and even
in prison.

It's nice that he's sorry, but actions speak louder than words. Can he
really hold down his teen angst and need for attention and not do this
again? That will be the true measure to see if he is sorry for what he did,
or simply sorry his plan didn't work.

perhaps

Apr 1, 2002, 8:09pm
That is your thoughts and you along with everyone has a right to be angery,
but I wont get into that. I am not a script kiddie, because I wasn't the one
who cracked those passwords. They were GIVEN to me, and I was the idiot to
do what I have done with them. I don't think it is right to go through life
with an additude like yous baro, and I think you may have more anger in you
then I had.

-Dark Mod
[View Quote]

sw chris

Apr 1, 2002, 8:56pm
It would be cowardly to just leave. If he sticks around and takes
responsibility for his actions, then I have greater respect for him as a
person than if he just walked away. As you say, actions speak louder than
words. :)

SW Chris

[View Quote]

sw chris

Apr 1, 2002, 8:58pm
Well look at it as half-full. At least we now know that the pws were
cracked.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

baro

Apr 1, 2002, 9:00pm
That's true. I just worry that with lots of people hating him he'll just
get angry and do something like this again. Leaving would remove the
temptation to do something like this again.

Unless he really is going to change. Then it's all good, and I wish him
luck.

swe

Apr 1, 2002, 10:38pm
he shouldnt totaly leave, but maybe for like abit, until he cools off. and
when he coems back, should work his ass off tring to make the communitty
better, and do more good, then he did damage
[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Apr 2, 2002, 12:15am
Hmmmmm...swe....have you been reading my mind?:)

pc hamster

Apr 2, 2002, 2:47am
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] Dark Mod, IF they were "given to you as you claim, then you should have
either DELETED them or turned them into AWcom for further investigation. By
doing what you did by posting them on a website, you subjected yourself AND
your parents to CRIMINAL PROSECUTION!!! Do you know what this means???
This means that either YOU or (most likely) YOUR PARENTS would have to GO TO
JAIL!!!

Now, as it stands, you'll most likely have to testify against the person who
gave the passwords to you in the first place. This puts you in an EVEN
WORSE position.

On top of that, it'll all be in front of a jury panel which will undoubtedly
look upon you with the same eye as Baro has done.

The BEST thing you can do for the AW Community is to just leave. You've
done enough damage to the Community as a whole to last a lifetime. It took
guts for you to have done by admitting that you were wrong and I hope ya
learned something from all of this. I really do. But I think the BEST
thing you can do is just leave.

Just my $.02 worth....

Patrick

alphabit phalpha

Apr 2, 2002, 3:07am
Hey pc hamster,

Could you just drop it please?:)
If you force someone who made a mistake to leave something they
love.....something they may be able to contribute to...you are going to be
on my *list:)

filmkr

Apr 2, 2002, 5:27am
Bit, you are very wrong here. This is not a kid who just did a little
wrong... This is a kid who deliberately set out to damage company owned
property. He has attempted to sell those passwords in February. He is not
harmless. Criminals deserve punishment. There is no need for frauds and hacks
to be in AW at all. I am surprised with you.






[View Quote] > Hey pc hamster,
>
> Could you just drop it please?:)
> If you force someone who made a mistake to leave something they
> love.....something they may be able to contribute to...you are going to be
> on my *list:)

perhaps

Apr 2, 2002, 9:18am
Insanity, Why people think this was planned out is a mydtert to me. I had
the pws, was being bugged constantly about them and lost my temper, which
yes is my fault. I set out to do nothing about you company, what you didnt
know is I wasn't the only person originally given the passwords and people
dowloads your whole object paths on their hard drives before you even knew I
had the passwords. Top look at this in a good way, you can protect your
work. Even though it is not all your work, I've seen chatlogs with you
talking about taking objects from others peoples op and putting them on
yours without asking. Anyways, I just wanted to clear this up

-Thanks once again
Dark Mod
[View Quote]

robbie

Apr 2, 2002, 9:39am
You and PC Hamster give the judicial system too much credit. Dark Mod may
have causes usch and suchs amount of damage to your business on a commercial
level. But YOU Published his real name and IP Address also committing an
offence on a personal level. His offence of providing those passwords is
barely a crime, distribution of information like that is of the lowest of
internet crimes, its the adoption of that information for unauthorised use
that *can* be prosecutable.

I've said all this before, I'm not sticking up for Mod...but Insanity and
Film, you two need to stop trying to take this to a legal level, becuase you
will NOT be able to send Mod to jail, nor sue him for enough money to make
up for your losses (if any).

This situation is one that AWCorp needs to deal with, I think his apology is
respectable and at least we should tolerate him for long enough to proove to
us that hes going to change. Its aggrsive personal attacks drive these
people away. And there have been many people (e.g. Azslande) that have
completely turned around and become friendly, productive, sociable people.

-Robbie

[View Quote]

ananas

Apr 2, 2002, 2:33pm
replies inline

[View Quote] I think you're wrong with that, informations are (correctly) handled as
property nowadays. If I steal someones money and give it to someone else,
who spends it (nowing that it's stolen), both people can be sued.

If you give stolen confidential informations away and cause financial
damage (!) with that, you can be sued.



> I've said all this before, I'm not sticking up for Mod...but Insanity and
> Film, you two need to stop trying to take this to a legal level, becuase you
> will NOT be able to send Mod to jail, nor sue him for enough money to make
> up for your losses (if any).

There are already examples for people sitting in jail because of accesssing
informations with cracked passwords.


> [...]

swe

Apr 2, 2002, 5:36pm
great minds think alike :)
[View Quote]

swe

Apr 2, 2002, 5:40pm
exactly what damage did he cause?
[View Quote]

swe

Apr 2, 2002, 5:44pm
u know, its not nice to tell people to leave.... especially after they
relise its wrong and admit to it to being wrong, and then appoligising.
everyone makes mistakes, so just shut up bout him leaving, aight?
[View Quote]

perhaps

Apr 2, 2002, 6:09pm
Well anyways posting that personal information about me (which once again
the name isn't true, but the rest was) cause someone to contact Prolog and
almost get my account shut down...Just keeping you informed
[View Quote]

ananas

Apr 2, 2002, 7:42pm
What do you think, those had to do, who's passwords were revealed?

- rezip all objects with a new password
- needs time on a huge path, and (if you're a professional host),
time costs money

- upload the new zip files
- needs time too
- causes line traffic, and some pay for that, either for the ISP
or for the object host, or for both


[View Quote]

pc hamster

Apr 2, 2002, 8:27pm
Hi everyone:

[View Quote] For once, I agree with Filmkr (although I cannot attest to what he claims to
be fact nor am I about to). However though, *I'm* not going to *force* him
into doing *anything*. IF he leaves, it'll either be because A). The Feds
seized his computer or B). He does so VOLUNTARILY.

I am merely *suggesting* that he do the latter for the best of everyone
involved (which is the entire AW Community).

Patrick

swe

Apr 2, 2002, 10:02pm
answer me seriously, how would it make u feel if everyone was telling u to
leave aw? not good aye? especially if u have someone saying something like
"leave for the good of the aw community". the dude owned up for it, and took
responsibilty for his answers! doesnt that mean something? something like
that hes almost definatly not gonna do it again!
[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Apr 2, 2002, 10:13pm
In my honest opinion I am not wrong here...but that's just my opinion:)
Are we so insensitive and inhuman to say things like "get outa town
pardner!" Or...."kill yourself matey...there is no hope for yer!"
All of that is downright bull:)
Speaking for the entire Community is also a wrong I think?
If there is one....just ONE person that disagrees then "The Community" does
not have a preference.
You can however say...."well....I and a few others would like you to leave".
Or you can run an opinion survey, but then those aren't the greatest if you
don't have 100% input from the Community.
Do you have any idea of how many people have done "wrong"...turned over a
new leaf, and not only give to the Community now, but also assist AWCom with
beta testing etc?
C'mon now please:)
Everyone has a good side.
Everyone is human and makes errors.
Everyone deserves at least a second chance.
We are not perfect by any means.
Well...at least AlphaBit Phalpha isn't:)

swe

Apr 2, 2002, 10:27pm
lol, thats what i was tring to say! :)
[View Quote]

alphabit phalpha

Apr 2, 2002, 10:36pm
I read your mind this time:)

filmkr

Apr 2, 2002, 11:37pm
Thank GOD their is a judicial system that prosecutes criminals! If it were up
to liberalized aw community people, murders would be dancing on the sidewalk
outside your home. A crime is a crime... yes he can be sorry, yes he can learn
from his mistake... People get the luxury of having all the time in the world to
think it over when they are sitting in a cell. As a Florida judge noted...
"rehabilitation happens when the criminal hears his sentence and then hears the
steel door shut him in"

This kid was not making one error... he had being doing this for months and was
out there trying to gain $$ form it. The Laws are quite clear about crimes like
this.

I myself am not liberal enough to agree with your attitude that he said he was
sorry so all is ok. I say take him to trial and let a jury decide based on the
LAW. His I'm sorry pleas can be heard during the sentencing hearing.

Ask Storage's owner how much of his time has been lost. Ask Casay about her time
tracking down stolen avatars last month... you will find this punk thief cost
serious creators and owners hundreds of hours... so it is only right that the
courts view the FACTS.



[View Quote] > In my honest opinion I am not wrong here...but that's just my opinion:)
> Are we so insensitive and inhuman to say things like "get outa town
> pardner!" Or...."kill yourself matey...there is no hope for yer!"
> All of that is downright bull:)
> Speaking for the entire Community is also a wrong I think?
> If there is one....just ONE person that disagrees then "The Community" does
> not have a preference.
> You can however say...."well....I and a few others would like you to leave".
> Or you can run an opinion survey, but then those aren't the greatest if you
> don't have 100% input from the Community.
> Do you have any idea of how many people have done "wrong"...turned over a
> new leaf, and not only give to the Community now, but also assist AWCom with
> beta testing etc?
> C'mon now please:)
> Everyone has a good side.
> Everyone is human and makes errors.
> Everyone deserves at least a second chance.
> We are not perfect by any means.
> Well...at least AlphaBit Phalpha isn't:)

zeo toxion

Apr 2, 2002, 11:45pm
Exactly, our purpose is not to decide how criminals should be punished so
why do you even say that? We cannot make him leave, its either his choice,
AWs, or whoever.

[View Quote]

filmkr

Apr 2, 2002, 11:51pm
Correct and AW should have canceled the citizenships he holds already. JP was
notified yesterday yet did nothing. That is one of the main reasons AW is a
growing sewer of trash... the reason the stock is failing and why businesses
have no respect for the program or the company running it. The lack of
leadership at the top is the reason AWLD will be gone within 12 months time.

If the company stepped forward and did the right thing, protected corporate
investment and advertised for users showing them a safe a CLEAN environment they
would flourish... Protecting SCUM is not a good thing... leave that to the
public defenders.



[View Quote] > Exactly, our purpose is not to decide how criminals should be punished so
> why do you even say that? We cannot make him leave, its either his choice,
> AWs, or whoever.
>
[View Quote]

swe

Apr 2, 2002, 11:51pm
hes a kid! the hell, havent u ever done anything stupid when u where a kid?
[View Quote]

1  2  3  |  
Awportals.com is a privately held community resource website dedicated to Active Worlds.
Copyright (c) Mark Randall 2006 - 2022. All Rights Reserved.
Awportals.com   ·   ProLibraries Live   ·   Twitter   ·   LinkedIn