help me fight for my rights! (Community)

help me fight for my rights! // Community

1  2  3  |

data21

Jan 10, 2002, 5:13pm
Help me fight for my citizenship back anyone.
AW says its owned by a world and the owner puled it back.
I have no idea how that happened. I cant get in AW, so someone please help
me out in there.
I got that citizenship back in Feb. 2000.
here is the history of how it came to be mine.

I won it in a tourist building contest that took place in the world named
Armor
BlueMax55 is who gave it to me because I won 1st place.
There was no time set on it, it was mine from that day on.
I have builds in AW and in a few other worlds under that citizenship.
Strangely someone has been renewing it and I have no idea who is doing that,
I sent a letter to AW a wile back asking who keeps renewing it for me and
they don't seem to know either.
It runs out in Feb. as it goes into the 30 days left warnings and around
15th day left warning its always auto renewed.
I was either Data19 or Data20 back when he gave it to me.
Your probably wondering about why I change it hehe, the number marks my age
lol I am Data21 now before all this started.
All I want is to have my citizenship back....
Remember my post about my cit running out way before it was sopose to?
Well I asked AW about that back then and they told me that it was not under
any worlds.
And now AW over this posting they are saying that now it is under a world.

blasto

Jan 10, 2002, 5:23pm
they were renewing it cause it was part of the world. It was not renewed
this year. I suggest that you get another cit before they start forcing the
$120 a year thing!
[View Quote]

data21

Jan 10, 2002, 5:30pm
That will do me alot of good, I don't have ED rights in AW, how would I
change my land over to new cit?

Hm.. what a pickle. Since this was given to you it is your cit, they have
no right to take it back. If they're paying for the renewal it's their own
fault. ;)

data21

Jan 10, 2002, 5:41pm
100% right! How they did it is beyond me, and without asking me or even
telegraming me about it.

[View Quote]

data21

Jan 10, 2002, 5:46pm
Id be happy to start paying on it, but I cant till I find out whos doing it
lol
Why send money in if you know its going to be auto renewed?
The 1st year I was shocked, I was going to send my renew in that day and
went in and found it renewed.
my post about my cit ran out early, remember that one? well AW told me
someone on there end mistyped the renew date on it and they fixed that, and
that it was NOT under any worlds.
Now they are telling me that it is under a world that I never been to lol

LoL which world? :) If AW said it wasn't under any worlds originally, then
it shouldn't be now.

data21

Jan 10, 2002, 6:09pm
they are now telling it is attached to the world loki. It is possible the
world owner
has reclaimed the citizenship.
I never herd of that world nor have I ever been in it lol

They could've had the name changed. In which case, how can they reclaim it?
It was given to you. If you give something to someone it automatically
becomes theirs. ;) like I give you $20, that's yours to spend isn't it?

data21

Jan 10, 2002, 6:19pm
In my rule book yes.
If you are given something, they can't take it back unless you give it back,
if you say no, there's nothing they can do about it.
Not sure what rule book AW is on though.

[View Quote]

blasto

Jan 10, 2002, 7:04pm
Well, since they were stupid and gave you their world cit, you can't do much
about it. You didn't pay a cent for the cit, and it was still registered
under that world (even if AW idiots told you otherwise). It looks a lot like
a con. Talk to the owner of loki and see if you can straighten things out.
Even if you can't get it back for free, maybe you can buy him a cit. Then
you can get your cit back and be able to use the other things you had built
at least.
[View Quote]

data21

Jan 10, 2002, 7:07pm
I dont see why I should do any of that, AW should just take it from that
world by force and give it back to me.
I am not at fault here why should I be treated that way?

[View Quote]

data21

Jan 10, 2002, 7:12pm
I don't even know the owner of that world.
I never been to it before.
All I know is BlueMax55 is who gave it to me for winning that tourist
building contest which took place in the world Armor.
I still don't know where this world loki came from or who owns it.

Well BlueMax55 owns the world armor. But I don't know who owns the world
loki. Most likely someone told AW that they owned that cit and AW believed
them.

mongo

Jan 10, 2002, 8:49pm
Rather than going off on a tangent, approach this from a world owners
standpoint, in figuring out who to contact.

I know of the world Loki - it was a 50/10, means 3 cit numbers on
renewal, all sequential. Search on 314062, 061, 064, 065, and get the
citizen name attached to these accounts - they will most likely be the world
owner. I also know the world owner, and AWCOM policy on citizenships
attached as part of a world. At ANY time, the world owner can reclaim the
account, and ask for a reissue of the password. I give you this piece of
advice when you talk to the world owner . You give them attitude like you
put forth in this thread, and you'll be SOL. You approach them reasonably,
and you might be able to work out some sort of compromise of some sort.

[View Quote]

foxmccloud

Jan 10, 2002, 8:54pm
No, actually AW should not give it back to you that way, since you didn't pay for the renewed citizenship... you were given a 1-year
citizenship, but the 2nd one was given to you by error obviously. So you can't complain that you don't want to pay anything to them
even though they paid for you, even if that was by error.

Fox Mc Cloud

"data21" <dbmiller at kiski.net> a écrit dans le message news: 3c3e029c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I dont see why I should do any of that, AW should just take it from that
> world by force and give it back to me.
> I am not at fault here why should I be treated that way?

mongo

Jan 10, 2002, 9:20pm
Contact me ASAP, Data21. Email is mongo at alt2600.com - I have news of this
that you might want to hear -

the world loki reminds me of something else that was said in here about a
stolen cit.. via password stealing, I think? Except in that case the new
citizen's name was Loki 1.

SW Chris
[View Quote]

data21

Jan 10, 2002, 11:26pm
I couldn't pay, noone would give me any answers to who was renewing it, it
was just stuck like that till now.
They should give it back.

[View Quote]

data21

Jan 10, 2002, 11:33pm
yes, but it was not given to me by that world owner...
Put yourself in my shoes, go back and read how i got it in the 1st place.
I have asked AW each year who is renewing it, they did not know and would
not look to see for me, i asked if it was somehow under a world they told me
no, now when it gets taken from me they tell me that it is under a world.
the way i see it, its 100% mine, its not my fault AW lied to me then times i
asked if it was under a world, and i am not at fault for how Bluemax55 got
that cit to give out like that.
why am i being hurt over this???

[View Quote]

data21

Jan 10, 2002, 11:39pm
why not you send, just right click and reply to sender, it will send to my
email and not over the ng

[View Quote]

data21

Jan 10, 2002, 11:56pm
NM you found me lol

[View Quote]

foxmccloud

Jan 11, 2002, 1:01am
My point is you can't really complain if you didn't pay anything... Do you want your money back? :)

Fox Mc Cloud

"data21" <dbmiller at kiski.net> a écrit dans le message news: 3c3e3f32 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I couldn't pay, noone would give me any answers to who was renewing it, it
> was just stuck like that till now.
> They should give it back.

katerine

Jan 11, 2002, 1:12am
Sorry in advance if I don't understand correctly but how would data21 be
able to post here without a citizen and its password?
Still IF I understand correctly (it's very late here and I am still french
lol!) it might be found somewhere in your news reader options :)

bowen

Jan 11, 2002, 1:13am
The newsgroups are slow to update :)

foxmccloud

Jan 11, 2002, 1:14am
That's probably because the database of the newsgroup is updated less often than that of the universe... so he might not be able to
post in a few days if the problem isn't fixed until then

Fox Mc Cloud

"katerine" <removethisailleurs at ailleurs3d.com> a écrit dans le message news: Xns919329A597C6Anospambrrcom at 166.90.181.12...

> Sorry in advance if I don't understand correctly but how would data21 be
> able to post here without a citizen and its password?
> Still IF I understand correctly (it's very late here and I am still french
> lol!) it might be found somewhere in your news reader options :)

katerine

Jan 11, 2002, 1:28am
What does the AW database update has to do with the newsreader's
configuration Data21 has on his own computer?
;)

"foxmccloud" <FoxMcCloud at cyberbrain.com> wrote in
news:3c3e5898 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> That's probably because the database of the newsgroup is updated less
> often than that of the universe... so he might not be able to post in a
> few days if the problem isn't fixed until then
>
> Fox Mc Cloud
>
> "katerine" <removethisailleurs at ailleurs3d.com> a écrit dans le message
> news: Xns919329A597C6Anospambrrcom at 166.90.181.12...

data21

Jan 11, 2002, 1:54am
ohh that hehe. i just want my cit back is all :-)
I do have and pay for a citizenship in another universe, just was very
confused about this cit over here, no one would give me the answers I needed
until now when something goes wrong lol

[View Quote]

data21

Jan 11, 2002, 1:56am
strange huh, you can change your name to and the log in pass for your cit,
it wont change over here for a few days after lol

[View Quote]

foxmccloud

Jan 11, 2002, 2:06am
The login information is not only in his computer, but it is stored on the newsgroup server, which checks that your username and
password are right...
So, AW has a list of all citizens and passwords, the NG has that same list too, but it isn't updated as often... the NG still has
the list of a few days ago, and data21's citizenship worked at that time :)

Fox Mc Cloud

"katerine" <removethisailleurs at ailleurs3d.com> a écrit dans le message news: Xns91932C5A237D0nospambrrcom at 166.90.181.12...

> What does the AW database update has to do with the newsreader's
> configuration Data21 has on his own computer?
> ;)

1  2  3  |