For those confused (Community)

For those confused // Community

1  |

peace walker

Oct 13, 2001, 6:37pm
This was the post censored so that the rest of what Insanity wrote would
look out of context. No attack here... only an opinion. Amazing how it
is allowable for Daphne and others to attack Insanity and Peace Walker
for speaking up about serious issues that lead to user's loosing money
and worlds for days yet Insanity is banned. Amazing how Daphne is so
directly related to AW in so many ways. Guess AW is only for the few who
kiss their butts! Again this Saturday morning, once again, another new
user has been upset because AW took the money but failed to send them
the world password. They were real fast at killing their world though.
That was instant. Take the money and Run!!!! AGAIN!!!!

From:
*S* <peace at nospam.com>

Tue 4:18 PM

Re: What does it take?
Newsgroups:
community

What an ASS you are Grim... You think a poor new customer being over
charged
$418 for a $209 purchase is right, and loosing their world for three
days after
paying for it? Not to mention the overdraft fees incurred. Sure caveat
emptor
applies in life... But so do the Laws of the U.S. The regulations of the
FTC,
and the merchant account contracts. I will never understand idiots who
think
that net business does not have to follow laws. It is shame you care
only for
yourself and not others. I know of three people affected in the past 10
days by
the new site's bad scripting on credit cards. I can only imagine all the
ones I
do not know about. FACT is not paranoia pal...

[View Quote] > Actually, I read SW Chris's replies as perfectly feasible alternatives
> the paranoia you seem to be exhibiting.
>
> Its up to you to look after your money. If you don't trust a person or

> company that you are purchasing goods or services from, then its your
> responsibility to ensure that the transaction is carried out to your
> satisfaction. I don't see that it really warrants a whining post in
the
> Community newsgroup.
>
> Grims.

[View Quote] > option?
via
in
> their
much
> and
check
> that
All
> very sad
their
> customers.
info
> by
did, they
> would
asking
> that the
> suggests
going to
themselves?
it over
> the
card
for
> personal
> clientele
they
> can
that
> you
pretty
> sure
> received
Again on
> improperly
inquiries.
sending
> registered
does
> "Take
e-mails
right
department
> in
> problems,
> customers
security.
> It
people
> who
in
> these

*sigh*

Will you never learn, Insanity?

abuse at activeworlds.com

SW Chris

Give it a rest, Insanity. Last I checked, calling someone an ASS or an
idiot was considering "attacking other users". Therefore, as outlined by
Flagg, you were banned. Plain and simple. It has nothing to do with the
fact that you were complaining about AWC. In fact, they probably would
have let you do it until the end of time. But when you started insulting
Grimble, (after he notably *didn't* insult you) that's when you crossed
the line and got banned.

Y'know, I used to have some semblance of respect for you and for some of
the things you did for the community. But now you're starting to sound
less like the Insanity I knew and more like our dearly departed Chucks
Party...

Oh, and please drop the peace walker/yo mamma pretense. We all know it's
you, Insanity.

[View Quote] > This was the post censored so that the rest of what Insanity wrote would
> look out of context. No attack here... only an opinion. Amazing how it
> is allowable for Daphne and others to attack Insanity and Peace Walker
> for speaking up about serious issues that lead to user's loosing money
> and worlds for days yet Insanity is banned. Amazing how Daphne is so
> directly related to AW in so many ways. Guess AW is only for the few who
> kiss their butts! Again this Saturday morning, once again, another new
> user has been upset because AW took the money but failed to send them
> the world password. They were real fast at killing their world though.
> That was instant. Take the money and Run!!!! AGAIN!!!!
>
> From:
> *S* <peace at nospam.com>
>
> Tue 4:18 PM

> Re: What does it take?
> Newsgroups:
> community
>

> What an ASS you are Grim... You think a poor new customer being over
> charged
> $418 for a $209 purchase is right, and loosing their world for three
> days after
> paying for it? Not to mention the overdraft fees incurred. Sure caveat
> emptor
> applies in life... But so do the Laws of the U.S. The regulations of the
> FTC,
> and the merchant account contracts. I will never understand idiots who
> think
> that net business does not have to follow laws. It is shame you care
> only for
> yourself and not others. I know of three people affected in the past 10
> days by
> the new site's bad scripting on credit cards. I can only imagine all the
> ones I
> do not know about. FACT is not paranoia pal...

Proof that Goobers ARE as dumb as they look.
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

peace walker

Oct 13, 2001, 7:44pm
But Goober... You are saying that me considering someone an idiot for ignoring
cries of the little user an attack?... Yet my being called a whiner and a
ranting lunatic is allowed? Is that not why the U.S. Constitution stands for
Freedom of Speech? Because it is not for one to decide on their own with an
act of Censorship? Hitler did that sort of thing. It began with the burning of
books and led to the gassing of people. You supporting AW's disrespect of the
US constitutional right? All I have done was post how users were being hurt
because of AW ignoring the problem and again this morning another user has
been affected. THAT IS WRONG. Censorship is wrong! Illegal! and Un-Patriotic!
I am American! I will file suit if I have to, to have my Freedom of Speech
to protect the little people!!!! I never posted this issue for myself ever.
It was simply because I handle support of many new users that I SEE their
troubles and stand up for them! Rather than people bashing me why don't you
ask if new users are getting hurt? Or do you NOT care? Is that the message of
this Community?? That it does not care about new users, only it's chosen few?
Than call it the fallen community!

[View Quote] > Give it a rest, Insanity. Last I checked, calling someone an ASS or an
> idiot was considering "attacking other users". Therefore, as outlined by
> Flagg, you were banned. Plain and simple. It has nothing to do with the
> fact that you were complaining about AWC. In fact, they probably would
> have let you do it until the end of time. But when you started insulting
> Grimble, (after he notably *didn't* insult you) that's when you crossed
> the line and got banned.
>
> Y'know, I used to have some semblance of respect for you and for some of
> the things you did for the community. But now you're starting to sound
> less like the Insanity I knew and more like our dearly departed Chucks
> Party...
>
> Oh, and please drop the peace walker/yo mamma pretense. We all know it's
> you, Insanity.

[View Quote]

agent1

Oct 13, 2001, 7:50pm
It is not censorship. This news server is private property and the owners have the right to do with it as they please.

Now, stop harrassing us with this useless "information".

First of all, this isn't the United States.

Second of all, the 1st Amendment of the Bill of Rights promised intellectual
freedom of speech. That means if you say something you'd better back it up,
and it had better sound smart, not some sock identity of yours crapping on
another person.
There are laws in America about libel and slander, which in effect does
limit true freedom of speech. However those laws are there for the public
good, i.e. so we, the public, don't have to put up with it, and also i.e. so
people's reputations don't go down the drain because someone said something
that others may happen to believe.

That's how the terrain lays, so crash and burn or fly a straight and steady
course.

SW Chris

Why yes, as a matter of fact, that *is* an attack! Since it seems your
paraphrasing has clouded your judgment of what transpired between you
and Grim, I'll rehash it for you. Here's what Grimble said:

"Actually, I read SW Chris's replies as perfectly feasible alternatives
to the paranoia you seem to be exhibiting. Its up to you to look after
your money. If you don't trust a person or company that you are
purchasing goods or services from, then its your responsibility to
ensure that the transaction is carried out to your satisfaction. I don't
see that it really warrants a whining post in the Community newsgroup."

Now, here's your response:

"What an ASS you are Grim... You think a poor new customer being over
charged $418 for a $209 purchase is right, and loosing their world for
three days after paying for it? Not to mention the overdraft fees
incurred. Sure caveat emptor applies in life... But so do the Laws of
the U.S. The regulations of the FTC, and the merchant account contracts.
I will never understand idiots who think that net business does not
have to follow laws. It is shame you care only for yourself and not
others. I know of three people affected in the past 10 days by the new
site's bad scripting on credit cards. I can only imagine all the ones I
do not know about. FACT is not paranoia pal..."

Grimble stated that you "seemed to be exhibiting paranoia". He did *not*
say that you were "ranting lunatic". He also said you had made a
"whining post", not that you were a "whiner". See the difference? He
attacked what you said, not you personally. Now, you proceeded to call
him and "ASS" and count him among "idiots", which is an attack on the
individual, not on what he said. Therefore, you were banned and he was
not. Capisce?

Now, if you decide to come back and argue *objectively* about all this,
perhaps you'll receive a better response than yelling at everyone who
just *happens* to disagree with you. But until then, please do us all a
favor and take your problems elsewhere where they can perhaps do more
good. If that's the courts, then so be it. However, this isn't the place
to air your grievances in the futile hope that you'll garner support.
You won't find that support here, (believe me, I know :P) and that's not
what these NGs are for.

Oh, and as an aside, it seems that ever since the Sept. 11th attacks,
people have been eager to "flaunt" (for lack of a better word) the
concept of patriotism and other pro-American sentiments, implicitly
equating situations that have nothing to do with pride in one's country
to our current situation of war, in order to guilt people into helping
and/or agreeing. If your comment about censorship being "unpatriotic"
was an attempt at this, I suggest you cease this practice. It insults
the memory of the victims and those who are now trying to protect us
from future atrocities by taking something as petty as that and making
it sound as if it's every American's sworn duty to stop it. I agree that
censorship is wrong, but it has nothing to do with patriotism. There are
limits to American free speech, which you have overstepped, resulting in
banishment. That is *not* censorship, it's protection of others from
slander and libel, which, incidentally, are illegal also. I hope you see
the difference.

[View Quote] > But Goober... You are saying that me considering someone an idiot for ignoring
> cries of the little user an attack?... Yet my being called a whiner and a
> ranting lunatic is allowed? Is that not why the U.S. Constitution stands for
> Freedom of Speech? Because it is not for one to decide on their own with an
> act of Censorship? Hitler did that sort of thing. It began with the burning of
> books and led to the gassing of people. You supporting AW's disrespect of the
> US constitutional right? All I have done was post how users were being hurt
> because of AW ignoring the problem and again this morning another user has
> been affected. THAT IS WRONG. Censorship is wrong! Illegal! and Un-Patriotic!
> I am American! I will file suit if I have to, to have my Freedom of Speech
> to protect the little people!!!! I never posted this issue for myself ever.
> It was simply because I handle support of many new users that I SEE their
> troubles and stand up for them! Rather than people bashing me why don't you
> ask if new users are getting hurt? Or do you NOT care? Is that the message of
> this Community?? That it does not care about new users, only it's chosen few?
> Than call it the fallen community!

[View Quote] --
Goober King
Take a page from Chucks book, will ya?!
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

daphne

Oct 14, 2001, 6:34am
Attack??? Well maybe a little name-calling, like the one brain cell crack
and saying that your words are not truthful (they don't tell the real story
behind the incident that involved you) is the same as calling you a liar ,,,
but your posts aren't enough to REALLY get me started!!! :o)

I'd say calling someone a liar, a thief, evil, a Nazi Youth and a pig is a
lot more of an attack than any "attack" I or others made against you...
Mostly I was just laughing at how strongly you kept insisting that AWCom is
"evil" when most of us know they are not evil at all -- and especially not
Flagg!!! Sure, mistakes are made now and then as in any company but they
also work to correct them... I bet that corrections have been in the works
since the first moment this problem was brought to their attention and I
also bet that you knew it -- but decided on posting your diatribe anyway...

Calling me an "ass kisser" wasn't exactly real sweet of you either... If
you knew how many times I've gone to AWCom for the user's sake, to get
things for AW users, you'd know that what I am is a worker FOR the
communithy, not an "ass kisser"... I let AWCom know when I think they are
wrong too, but doing so LOUDLY in a public forum is not the way to make them
"want" to listen when you speak and definately not very polite...

so where does the NG server reside? Nigeria perhaps? come on, don't be such
a fool, the server DOES reside in the US, and the owner company is a US
company. That means this server is under US law.

xanlar

Oct 14, 2001, 10:35am
Ouy Vey. If people keep going on about this, it looks like there might be a
lawsuit, or more than one, on the way for AWcom. This is just my opinion, I
do NOT want at all to be involved in all of this crap.

XanLar

andras

Oct 14, 2001, 4:04pm
Everyone like to forget that the "Freedom of speech" is only a freedom to speak against the goverment! It never justifies libel, slander and defamation !!
Andras

I would like to know what court case established that precedent. :)
Details please.

SW Chris

[View Quote]

dotar sojat

Oct 14, 2001, 8:09pm
And if the company that owns it has done the proper paperwork then it's
servers DO INDEED fall into the catagory of foreign nations. Read the laws
you wish to use before do you so.

Could you point me to that particular document/law on the web? I'm looking
for that for a different matter..

SW Chris
[View Quote]

dotar sojat

Oct 15, 2001, 8:55am
I am unsure where it is located webwise. I do know of it havign been done
before though. A couple of the ISP's in this area have done it for certain
reasons. I myself tend to try to stay out of their reasons though, as I
suspect delving into them could pose other legal problems I do not want.

ok. well thanks anyway. I'm afraid I need something a little more solid
than just a confirmation that it exists. But I'm one step further! :)
--
SW Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?

I know that, just pointing out something else... and explain why laws about
the internet often only are valid in *one* country for the servers that
reside in that country... (that was not to you Andras)