Poll Time! (Community)

Poll Time! // Community

1  |

cozmo

Sep 19, 2001, 1:29am
Ok i got a question for you all. Answer truthfully please. And dont steal my
ideas! Most of these ideas would include bots and a full game sort of thing.
Also if you do have your own world or game sort of thing answer as if you
didnt have those.

Whitch world would you visit or participate in the most?

1- A virtual city or world where you have a house, money, items, jobs, pets,
etc.

2- A fantasy RPG type game with a full background story-line and is built
better then ad&drpg (no offense)

3- A sci-fi or space RPG type game that takes place on a space ship
encountering other ships, planets, and other places with thigns to do there
(not just for looks, they may go with the story line or have items or
oponents, etc there)

4- Other. Please describe what kind of world you would go to the most (if it
existed), and i mean with a game or rpg in it.

5- None of the above, you just like building or looking at builds and the
ocasionaly bingo game :)

Thank you to everyone that answers and f*** off to all those dont have
anything nice to say.

--
- Cozmo of Cozmo-X
(website coming soon)

john viper

Sep 19, 2001, 8:45am
I really like #5. #1 would be fun as a game setting (money not like
required or anything) and I would be willing to play #2 and #3.

-JV

[View Quote] > Ok i got a question for you all. Answer truthfully please. And dont steal my

--
John Viper (#296714)
jviper at jtsoft.net
http://www.jtsoft.net

"Life on Earth may be expensive, but it does include a free trip around
the sun..." -anonymous

nornny11

Sep 19, 2001, 8:57am
Personally, any of those would be fine, but it'd have to be a darn good
looking world for me to even consider wasting finger energy to get to the
Worlds tab. The only worlds I frequent are !Friends, Hole, Cube, the
occasional NewYork and Broadway just for laughs at how two beautiful worlds
can be the haven for such verbal destruction, A'Tuin, and so forth.

Custom object path or at least a creative way of using old or default object
paths. The gaming aspect would just be another icing to keep me there
longer, that's all.

Nornny

STAR TREK: The RPG

Kirk: Where....is....my....con..quest???

Bones: She's dead, Jim.

Kirk: Dammit Bones! I...need...my...conquest.

Spock: It appears you have a rather illogical fascination with this
"conquest", Captain.

Ohura: Captain, there are several more creatures moving this way..

Bones: Oh great, more wierdo gnomes. Come on, Jim. Scotty, four to beam
up.

Kirk: But what...about...my...con..quest???

SW Chris :D

[View Quote]

moff piett

Sep 21, 2001, 4:24pm
Sadly all of those have been done before, and any involving bots have
terribly failed. I've noticed the only decent games (specialy rpgs) are
human GMed games as oposed to bots. Bots are so rigid, turns into a game
of numbers.

But if anyone was to put together a more pen and paper style rpg, I'm sure
there would be a large "market" for that. People are sick of these simple
super generic combat oriented "rpgs" that you play the role of some numbers,
and you can tell those numbers to do damage to other things (depending on
their lvl, another number) so that you can get exp to get higher numbers..
again and again and again.

A true rpg needs some good players, a good GM, and maybe some dice.
Otherwise what you have is an adventure game.

cozmo

Sep 21, 2001, 11:02pm
I hear ya about combat oriented games. It gets incredibly boring incredibly
fast. I wasn't planning on that at all. I find a good storyline is good,
after all, what would you be fighting for? most games dont tell you. Along
with that quests, games, other stuff. If i do have any sort of fighting
there won't be levels at all. You's have skills with certian weapons and
stuff that you train for etc.

But anyways, i don't know what i'm doing yet. As for #1, if i did that i
plan to include amny things other people haven't. Like street fighting,
jobs - ex: Police you may get missions "Report to the bank it has been
robbed you must find the robber he has ran" or Criminal and other things i
cant think of, carry items, pets, etc.

-Cozmo

[View Quote]

lady jude

Sep 24, 2001, 4:24pm
<Thank you to everyone that answers and f*** off to all those dont have
anything nice to say.>
Hiya cozmo :o) Are you familiar with the new worldwide internet laws re:
asking personal information of a minor?
LJ (please note that I am not flaming you, but merely giving you some
friendly advice)

Could you tell me where I can look up international law on the Internet? If
you know? Because I'm not sure and I'm researching something else that has
to do with international law.

Chris

[View Quote]

lady jude

Sep 24, 2001, 11:32pm
Hiya Chris :o)
http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/coppafaqs.htm but the Bill is still on the table
so I goofed, but betcha a nickel to a doughnut with all the other reforms
being set in motion this one will pass with flying colors.
LJ

Hmm... what I'm researching has to do with children... but not exactly this.
Close, but no cigar. Thanks anyway. :)
--
SW Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?

[View Quote]

dzap

Sep 25, 2001, 12:43pm
"lady jude" <LadyJude51 at aol.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:3baf7a5f at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> <Thank you to everyone that answers and f*** off to all those dont
have
> anything nice to say.>
> Hiya cozmo :o) Are you familiar with the new worldwide internet laws
re:
> asking personal information of a minor?
> LJ (please note that I am not flaming you, but merely giving you some
> friendly advice)

From "Frequently Asked Questions about the Children's Online Privacy
Protection Rule"
http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/coppafaqs.htm

"COPPA ENFORCEMENT
14. What are the penalties for violating the Rule?

Website operators who violate the Rule could be liable for civil
penalties of up to $11,000 per violation. The level of penalties
assessed may turn on a number of factors including egregiousness of the
violation, e.g., the number of children involved, the amount and type of
personal information collected, how the information was used, whether it
was shared with third parties and the size of the company.
20. The Internet is truly a global medium. Do websites set up and run
abroad have to comply with the Rule?

Yes. Foreign-run websites must comply with COPPA if they are directed to
children in the U.S. or knowingly collect information from children in
the U.S. For example, foreign-run kid-oriented websites would be subject
to COPPA if they advertised in offline media in the U.S. or on popular
U.S. websites. The Rule's definition of an "operator" - who is subject
to the Act - includes foreign websites that are involved in commerce in
the United States or its territories."

It would be really interesting to hear how this could be enforced. The
act also protects only children that are citizens of the US so drop the
"worldwide" please.

dZap

percipient

Sep 25, 2001, 4:13pm
What a world we live in. You could be fined for asking someone under 13 if
they like video games. Humph.

[View Quote] [View Quote]

cozmo

Sep 25, 2001, 4:28pm
LOL asking your opinion is hardley *personal* information so what the hell
does that have to do with this?

That's kind of like asking how the United Nations plans to enforce its
laws... It really can't unless there's cooperation from every country in
its jurisdiction.
--
SW Chris
Eagle Scout, Philosopher, Peacemaker, and... Kung Fu Master?
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html

I agree, so Lady Jude, you better "f*** off" lol... I think you might've
misunderstood the meaning of the word "personal", it is meant as age, name,
adress, such things, not like in personal opinion... and he didn't actually
direct it against minors anyway... and the US can just go fine themselfes,
they can't think that they have the right to fine ppl just like that, as
they want... no offence intended...