kah // User Search

1  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  78  |

Trees on terrain

Jan 20, 2003, 8:24pm
"scuz" <webmaster at awscape.com> wrote in
news:3e2b6588$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> can sombody eather make or tell me how to make a bot that will make a
> forest and keep the trees right on top of the terrain

Query the terrain first, then give your trees random X and Z positions,
then compute the Y value for those positions, according to the terrain
query results. You'll have to do a bit of maths though.

KAH

Trees on terrain

Jan 22, 2003, 4:33pm
".duo." <ncommons at attbi.com> wrote in
news:3e2da706$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> How do you use the com wrapper? >_<

Like any other API?

KAH

Trees on terrain

Jan 23, 2003, 6:51pm
".duo." <ncommons at attbi.com> wrote in news:3e304c49$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I'm not really familiar with API in VB...

API is an abbreviation of Application Programming Interface. Any component
not part of a program used by a program for functionality can be called an
API. The COM wrapper is an API, D3D is an API, Winsock is an API, etc. I
believe there are installation instructions provided with the COM wrapper.

Re; Tw is a hacker (dont knwo iuf first post worked)

Mar 7, 2003, 9:32pm
"yami trunks" <Chris101d at attbi.com> wrote in
news:3e692784 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> http://www.petitiononline.com/ejectTW/petition.html
>
> Please many have been wronged by this theiving hacker, go here and
> sign it! Please Suport our cause in getting rid of this monster.!

Oh come on, I'm sure that person hasn't "hacked" anyone. Please don't post
to all newsgroups, especially as it's off-topic in most of them.

KAH

Re; Tw is a hacker (dont knwo iuf first post worked)

Apr 12, 2003, 10:31am
"equin0x" <equin0x at activeworlds.com> wrote in
news:3e97578f at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> You cant spell, your attampt to kick him out is stupid and he is not a
> hacker. If he can hack Aw software, then...hell, im not even going to
> bother... He can't hack it.

And you don't know how to check the post date. The latest post in this
thread over a month old...

KAH

Suggestions for bot site features

Mar 8, 2003, 11:05am
Hi, I'm about to begin work on a new and improved version of
http://bots.omegauniverse.com/. To be able to create the ultimate bot site,
I need to get input from the people who might use the site. That is, people
interested in using bots and people who develop bots. I'd appreciate it if
you visited the site, had a look around there and told me what you think is
good, what's not so good, what should be added. Mail suggestions to me
(kah at kahnews.cjb.net) or reply to this post.

I appreciate all input, thanks in advance :-))

KAH

teleport.cgi script?

Mar 26, 2003, 3:09pm
"slipaway" <mark at nextechcom.com> wrote in
news:3e8147ab$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Ok, weird. It works on my local machine, but I tried it on two other
> computers, and it will simply "download" a file, but it doesn't
> teleport the user. Why would it work on one computer, but not the
> others? Also, where is it supposed to download the file to?

You have to associate the MIME-type of the file to the AW browser. It's
just a little pointer for the browser. If you're not going to use it from
outside the AW browser then never mind it, just use AW's script (it won't
actually request it, just parse the URL).

KAH

PayPal IPN and subscriptions

Apr 5, 2003, 8:11am
"slipaway" <mark at nextechcom.com> wrote in
news:3e8c711c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Has anyone written a script for a Xelagot that would work with PayPal?
>
> I have a UniServer, and I was wondering if it is possible to do three
> things:

I doubt this is possible with Xelagot, as I don't think it's got any
HTTP/socket interface.

> 3) Create a script so that when you click on the "register" button on
> the AW Browser it would accept a PayPal payment, and then upon
> accepting payment, a bot would create and enable a new user account?

This option is not possible. You wouldn't like it if all your registration
info (including CC#) was broadcasted to bots, would you?

Ditch all this bot stuff, just use the built-in system. If your universe is
legal, that is...

KAH

AwSdkOcx3.ocx

Apr 11, 2003, 1:49pm
"mix master" <2200 at bellsouth.net> wrote in
news:3e96d003$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I need it. Anyone got it? I dont need 5, i need 3.....my bot wont
> run with anything higher (if you could help me change it so it runs
> with 5 that would be good too,)

Just change the reference and recompile.

KAH

Internet Explorer

Apr 12, 2003, 10:37am
"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote in
news:3e97465f at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I know this is kind of off-topic for SDK NG but a lot of VB programers
> ougta be here :-)
>
> I was wondering how to make an Internet Explorer plugin? (Like adobe
> acrobat)

Make a reference to Microsoft Evil Component System (MS ECS).

KAH
PS. If you want the real answer (you're right, it's quite off-topic, and
thus a lot of people here won't know either) check MSDN.

Anyone know how to make a bot respond in VB?

Apr 3, 2001, 1:53pm
Well, as MrGrimm sayd, you have to call AW_WAIT! And you should also do the
state thingy when you log in your bot.

KAH
PS. If you don't call AW_WAIT all the time, your bot will be thrown away by
the AW server.

trekkerx <troop2 at empirenet.com> skrev i
meldingsnyheter:3AC91F5B.F5FB7B2C at empirenet.com...
> Thanxs, but it dosnt work. It just sits there... doing nothing... thats
all...
> Same with when a person enters, i have
>
> Private Sub sdk_EventAvatarAdd()
> Sdk.AwWhisper Sdk.AwAvatarSession, "Hello " & Sdk.AwAvatarName
> message "[" & txtBotName.Text & "] : (whisper to " & Sdk.AwAvatarName
& _
> ") Hello " & Sdk.AwAvatarName
> EndSub
>
> Ive been told thats right, but it wont work. It just sits there... doing
> nothing...

[View Quote]

Anyone know how to make a bot respond in VB?

Apr 3, 2001, 5:32pm
didn't remember the exact name... LOL

KAH
xelag <xelag at 3dee.nl> skrev i
meldingsnyheter:3aca0978$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

Bingo Bot

May 20, 2003, 1:17pm
"bowen" <Bowen at andras.net> wrote in
news:3ec9c0fb at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Visual Basic programmers need to get into the habit of including those
> runtimes and libraries needed for their programs. One does not want
> to spend 20 hours looking around MSDN for the files they need.

Dead simple to do as well, just generate installers (okay, they look
horrible, but they still work) with the installation tool included with VB.

KAH

Bingo Bot

May 28, 2003, 2:36pm
"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3ed42170 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> not quite, thats called intellectual copyright infringment. ;)

Depends on the terms he released his code under.

KAH

Re: Question about searches

May 31, 2003, 3:45am
"the architect" <user at domain.invalid> wrote in news:3ed83e57$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> First off, I am using Java, through the SDK provided by AX Logic
> (http://www.axlogic.com/aw/).
>
> I have a bot that does a 5x5 query. First, I tried looking (for a
> specific object which I *know* is right there) by Description. Didn't
> work. then, I tried looking by Model. Nope. Then, just out of
> curiosity, I used AWObject.allObjects, which should basically be a hit
> on *every* object. For each object found, I have the bot speak the
> model string. I noticed that several objects aren't being found at all.
>
> Any idea why I might miss objects when I don't constrain my search? I
> mean, they are right beside my bot.

Show us your code. BTW, this is a question for the SDK group. I don't know
what AWObject.allObjects would be, seems like some sort of Java-wrapper
speicific thing?

KAH

Grimmsoft.com

Jun 9, 2003, 12:24pm
"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote in
news:3ee366ff$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Or someone bought domain, lol

I don't think let grimmsoft.com go to activeworlds.com in that case (if you
add the www. it will take you to the "coming soon" page), nor would they
register it under the organization name "GrimmSoft" ;-)

KAH

Getting "my" session number

Jun 9, 2003, 1:52pm
Hi, I need to find out the bot's own session number (in conjunction with
building), if possible. I'm somehow persuaded there is a way, but I can't
for the life of my remember or find it.

Thanks in advance for any help :-))

KAH

Getting "my" session number

Jun 9, 2003, 5:04pm
"milesteg" <MilesTeg at nerim.net> wrote in
news:3ee4b6ca at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> int aw_session (void)

Yes, you may hit my head with a heavy object now. DOH! Thanks :-))

KAH

Sync'ing with VRT

Jul 24, 2003, 10:14am
"mr.visualbasic" <ssbroly135 at aol.com> wrote in news:3f1f6e76
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> well i don't know but i can tell u this vrt time is nothing but United
> States' pacific time

Actually, it's a timezone somewhere in the Atlantic. It's supposed to be a
compromise between US and european time (I doubt AW has a lot of customers
in the rest of the world, except Australia perhaps).

KAH

Sync'ing with VRT

Jul 24, 2003, 10:48pm
"percipient" <percipient at {spamthis}percipients.com> wrote in
news:3f202a64 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> If that's so, how come I have to subtract six hours (five during DST)
> off of VRT to get my local time (Pacific)? Is my Pacific time that
> badly off because it's Canadian Pacific time?

Because it's wrong :-)) See the other replies.

KAH

AWtoolkit removal tool

Jul 24, 2003, 10:09am
"darksville" <craigrood at btopenworld.com> wrote in
news:3f1fc261 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Is it true that the link below is a virus? im no trying if it is !

If you read the post and checked who it was from, you'd see it was a
removal utility from AWI.

KAH

Trusted Sources

Jul 24, 2003, 10:34pm
"r i c h a r d" <richard.lazenby1 at ntlworld.com> wrote in
news:3f2039a3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I telegramed Calpantera about that he said he was thinking of the same
> thing
>
> <TELEGRAM QUOTE>
>
> Telegram from Calpantera, sent Wed Jul 23, 2003 18:58:
>
> I was thinking the same thing. Maybe even having the installers
> created, code signed and hosted by AW
>
> </TELEGRAM QUOTE>

Ugh. That's rather paranoid if you ask me. The simple solution is educating
people not to open anything at all, as has happened here. And while we're
discussion trusted sources, that was just what our friend M a t t exploited
to distribute it, first take a few citizenships, then abusing the trust
others had in the stolen accounts to further distribute it.

Don't just accept a bot/application without even asking what it does
("toolkit for AW" tells a *lot*, doesn't it...), or without getting a demo.
If you do accept something and it seems suspisious to you, investigate it.
Look in your process list (under Win9x/ME you won't get access to all
processes through CTRL+ALT+DEL unfortunately), in your registry, etc. A
packet sniffer can be usefull too.

I doubt everyone is going to be willing to give out their sourcecode to
AWI, and what would it help to have it code signed and hosted by them if
it's really a trojan?

KAH

VB SDK Terrain Height Set

Aug 16, 2003, 11:09am
"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote in news:3f3d4ca9
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Un angle? Lol

Conard, un ANGE pas un ANGLE.

Angle != Angel

KAH

What's wrong with my bot's initialization code? (sorry for being a newb, lol)

Aug 18, 2003, 10:40am
".duo." <ncommons at comcast.net> wrote in
news:3f3ff543$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I already have a book :-P. Anyway, I could get the login code to work
> no matter what I tried. Its kind of dumb )-: do I need a timawwait?

Just do a full login procedure instead of the QuickStart procedure. It's
not hard at all.

KAH

Re: aPhoneBot source released

Aug 19, 2003, 9:12am
"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote in news:3f410857
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> What about msn?

No MSN support. I was working on ICQ because it would require quite few
changes to implement AIM support (the ICQ and AIM-OSCAR protocols are based
on eachother). The guy who requested I release the source had plans of MSN
support, though, so we'll see :-))

KAH

[VB SDK] - Bot seeds...

Dec 7, 2003, 10:15am
"insane axel" <axel364 at noos.fr> wrote in news:3fd2ffdb$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> How can I learn the bot to seeds objects anywhere ???
> And if it's include in the sdk, how to seed anywhere but no under the
> terrain ??

You can build objects anywhere within the building limits of the world. If
you can teach your bot how to do things, then you're one damn good AI
programmer ;-)

As for terrain sensing that's a bit more complex since AWI never bothered
to properly document terrain. I'm sure someone here can help you with it.

KAH

[VB SDK] - Bot seeds...

Dec 8, 2003, 5:05pm
"insane axel" <axel364 at noos.fr> wrote in
news:3fd362dd at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> What can I put in the code for the bot is seeding anywhere ??? I need the
> awquery ?

No, you just need to set the AW_OBJECT_* properties (with the exception of
a few, such as AW_OBJECT_OLD_*) and call aw_object_add(). See the SDK
documentation on that function for more.

KAH

[VB SDK] - Bot seeds...

Dec 13, 2003, 4:04pm
"insane axel" <axel364 at noos.fr> wrote in
news:3fdaca9b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> So, for seeding anywhere, I need to set the X,Y,Z... The bot can
> choose the number...

Would be kind of stupid if the server randomly placed the object, wouldn't
it? Like Strike said, I think you need to go read the SDK manual, it covers
property well:
http://www.activeworlds.com/sdk/

KAH

For Brant : Seeding Anywhere

Dec 8, 2003, 5:08pm
"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3fd36984 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> sdk.aw_int_set(AW_OBJECT_X, lngX)
> sdk.aw_int_set(AW_OBJECT_Y, 10)
> sdk.aw_int_set(AW_OBJECT_Z, lngZ)
> sdk.aw_int_set(AW_OBJECT_YAW, 0)
> sdk.aw_int_set(AW_OBJECT_YAW, 0)
> sdk.aw_int_set(AW_OBJECT_YAW, 0)
> sdk.aw_string_set(AW_OBJECT_MODEL, "walk001.rwx")
> sdk.aw_string_set(AW_OBJECT_ACTION, "")
> sdk.aw_string_set(AW_OBJECT_DESCRIPTION, "My first seed object - Good
> Isnt it?")
> sdk.aw_object_add

You forget to set some of the properties, such as AW_OBJECT_OWNER, and you
set AW_OBJECT_YAW three times ;-)

KAH

New Files Listed by Jacob

Dec 11, 2003, 1:53pm
"r i c h a r d" <richard.lazenby1 at ntlworld.com> wrote in news:3fd7b127
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well its obveous he has no idea whats hes talking about anyway...

You don't know that, he might perfectly well know what he's talking about,
but he obviously doesn't know how to express himself in English. He's
getting better, though, now you can sorta decipher what he says.

KAH

1  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  78  |