kah // User Search

1  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  |

Message to TENGEL

Dec 8, 2003, 4:58pm
"alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at swbell.net> wrote in news:3fd392e1$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well I am personally glad these posts were made:)
> I am very concerned about Tengel after hearing all of the above.
> Tengel graciously made a fantastic calendar for the Cys and then it went
> down.
> I have not been able to reach him either...this concerns me greatly.
> Does anyone have a way of making sure he is ok?

It seems he's okay, he's been fixing a couple of things in Pata over the
last few weeks.

KAH

d1rTciTy

Nov 18, 2003, 3:01pm
"lady nighthawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3fb94f33 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I don't see anything in the *worlds* tab by that name, nor did you
> leave a link if it's a webpage ... how does one *go visit*??? Perhaps
> make the IM message a clickable URL so it takes you to that world or
> webpage???

Isn't it just "dirtcity"? If it doesn't show in the list you could always
^
try using the teleport box, they might've hidden it and forgotten to show
it again.

KAH

d1rTciTy

Nov 19, 2003, 1:32pm
"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> wrote in
news:3fba6a9b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> aaahhhh yes you caught this too KAH although your "caret" was
> not below the "i" on my sysetm....lol dang proportional spacing...:)

Yeah, it only looks right with fixed sized fonts heh.

KAH

d1rTciTy

Nov 19, 2003, 1:34pm
"lady nighthawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3fbab8a4 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I don't think d1rTciTy and DirtCity are the same, well they are the
> same but DirtCity is the real mackoy and closed to the public while
> d1rTciTy (as I understand it) was suppose to be a duplicate world for
> us to all go see since DirtCity is closed for now. However, d1rTciTy
> does not show up on the worlds tab.

I was in dirtcity last week sometime. It's an okay looking world, just too
bad they violate a whole bunch of copyrights and trademarks (The Matrix,
Max Payne and some others I forgot).

KAH

America

Nov 21, 2003, 6:00pm
"ciena" <nikona at comcast.net> wrote in
news:3fbd15e0 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

><<snipped>>

Please, don't post this here, you're just feeding the trolls. I'm sure
quite few people in here want all these childish quarrels ("my wolrd iz
bettr tahn urss!!!!!11!1!11" "-no ur w0rld sxu!!!!" and so on). Those that
do (*cough* Linn *cough* Brock) don't deserve anyone's attention as long as
they don't do something about their attitudes, just ignore them.

KAH

America

Nov 21, 2003, 6:40pm
"ciena" <nikona at comcast.net> wrote in
news:3fbe7050$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> lol :) well i was just posting it for Jetta.

Not an excuse. Jetta Lewis should have known better, so should you.
Remember that when you post it, even when the post is signed by someone
else, you're still responsible for the post.

KAH

URGENT NEWS BULITEN FOR ENTIRE ACTIVE WORLDS COMMUNITY

Nov 23, 2003, 3:14pm
"ssl." <gold at midtech.net> wrote in news:3fbed3a9 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

><<snipped crazy ramblings>>

For god's sake, shut up! Why the hell would AW cause popups? Get a clue
before you start spamming the NGs with all caps screaming.

Take a look at your process list, you probably downloaded some spyware.

KAH

URGENT NEWS BULITEN FOR ENTIRE ACTIVE WORLDS COMMUNITY

Nov 24, 2003, 3:55pm
"ssl." <gold at midtech.net> wrote in news:3fc1617c at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> ...im not saying aw deliberatly did it !!........and do you THINK i would
> download spyware deliberately?

I understood what you meant, but it's still completely unrelated to AW. Why
on earth would using AW get you popups? Think before you post.

No, I don't think you would download spyware deliberately, although I think
(actually, I'm almost certain) you downloaded it accidentally, or bundled
with something else.

Stop shouting around here, and go and look on your own local setup (in
particular, look at any software that you downloaded recently).

KAH

URGENT NEWS BULITEN FOR ENTIRE ACTIVE WORLDS COMMUNITY

Nov 25, 2003, 1:40pm
"ssl." <gold at midtech.net> wrote in
news:3fc2aff4 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I dont know Kah, but im not blaming aw directly...
> maybe...just some strange thing....some kids are messing with the set
> up of aw...i dont mean its source code..but maybe dwelling inside the
> community like a virus and attaching a registry code into the Reg...Im
> not so sure about this..this is what it might be nor how could they..

The only problem with all your theories is that none of it is actually
possible. Some kids can't go mess with AW's setup and cause you to get
popups. Please listen to what people have been saying, and go look for
plausible causes (for example, check if there are any entries in *\Windows
\CurrentVersion\Run in the registry).

> <<<END-THREAD>>> Do not reply anymore..its large enough as it is...and
> its useless now that its gone.

You don't own the thread, it's not yours to control. I don't see why people
shouldn't reply, not like it's one of those crazy flamewars.

KAH

URGENT NEWS BULITEN FOR ENTIRE ACTIVE WORLDS COMMUNITY

Nov 26, 2003, 3:53pm
"ssl." <gold at midtech.net> wrote in
news:3fc4e501 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> People dont listen do they?
>
> And I did not actually think its aw's set up.
> I said set up or something like that.
> I've checked. and the problem is over so STOP POSTING please.
> The thread is dead already.

That's what you said. Make your mind up. The thread is not dead until
everyone stops posting. If you want it to die so badly, why don't you take
na initiative by not replying all the time.

> Oh btw, this thread might be in relation to "Stupid Kid
> Emails"....someof the posts may acutally be part of this.
> about m * * *....well..anyway.

What do you mean?

> Enough already! I sovled the problem.
> No need for more posts
> geez.

Nice for you. It doesn't mean the discussion is over, though. You don't
decide if there's any need for more posts; nobody does. Although E N Z O
could remove the posts, even he doesn't decide when the thread really
stops.

KAH

Stupid Kid Email

Nov 25, 2003, 1:49pm
"mrbruce" <MrBruce at a1ct.com> wrote in
news:3fc35c71 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> It's appearent we all got this because a certain few got all your
> email addresses thru this news server, My real AW related email
> address is never stated here and I never get email concerning AW
> antics there except for billing at activeworlds emails.
> Trust me I know who the gang consists of and I already know what they
> plan to do.
> It's already been stated many times before. But I will give you a run
> down of a few things.
> 1) They hate Bill Hoover.

So?

> 2) They will wipe a few worlds most likely (AWRPG) (AW WORLD) (AWTEEN)
> or (MUTATION) May be the next to get wipped. But deffinatly a few
> private worlds with be victum of this.

There's no way they'll manage to do that.

> 3) They have some unknown hard core password cracker in use because
> they can crack a paths password rather easily it appears and are
> capable of taking over the CT status of a world by stealing the PPW of
> the citizen with CT rights.

They don't need a password cracker to get the OP password, they probably
just intercept it in transit. They might be able to fool gullible world
owners into somehow surrendering their PPWs or passwords, but they can't
just steal the PPW like that. Someone has to give it to them, somehow.

> Now my purpose of posting this is not to cause trouble or an alarm,
> its to make an awareness.
> Play it safe and you'll be safe, use your head and you'll be less
> vulnerable to attacks on your own stuff.
> Lastly, if any of you think I'm in with these people to know so much,
> no I'm not, but I have eyes that see and read and I also pay attention
> and over hear things with my eyes on the screen.

I think you must have overheard some lamers talking bullshit, no offence
intended to you.

KAH

Stupid Kid Email

Nov 26, 2003, 3:42pm
"jerme" <JerMe at nc.rr.com> wrote in
news:3fc2ac62$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> At least he managed to cover his tracks, somewhat....
>

> The 192.168.x.x IP range is reserved for internal LAN usage and isn't
> valid on the open internet, thus it's invavlid to try an reverse DNS
> lookup on it to determine his ISP. I'm sure your ISP (or whoever you
> get your e-mail from) could trace the connection in their logs though.
> He simply managed to spoof the SMTP headers.

Uh, you can't actually spoof your IP in SMTP headers. Sure, you could send
it a bad IP, but it's going to append whatever IP the connection it came
from as well (unless the server is badly configured). If you read the
headers, you can just see the first server outside his network it passed
through (looks like he operates some sort of local mail-proxy on his LAN,
which is why the internal IP was appended).

KAH

Stupid Kid Email

Nov 26, 2003, 3:46pm
"mrbruce" <MrBruce at a1ct.com> wrote in
news:3fc3e743 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> EXACTLY!!!! BINGO!! I was one to be invited to MYRA world for this
> sleek display of world loading, but chose to stay away from it. Think
> though, how was they able to successfully load each world into Myra?
> OK, Answer: not only did they have the propdumps, they also had the
> object path passwords to access the actual path of each world they
> loaded. I was sent many chat logs by those who were there, so people
> it's time to wake up and stop saying its impossible, because that
> makes them all the more wanting to do it to prove they can and believe
> me they can, because nothing is impossible. MrBruce

Look, all that is possible by means other than actually hacking or doing
anything that does damage. It's easy enough to steal/copy property and
terrain data, as well as OP passwords. You have to remember that all that
is available simply by asking the server for it.

However, they CANNOT do ANY damage! The ONLY way would be to get ahold of
cit or privilege passwords, in which case it's whoever was foolish enough
to give it to them's fault, and cloning. I'm not sure if cloning still
works, and I doubt these less than script kiddies would be able to do it.

KAH

Stupid Kid Email

Nov 28, 2003, 3:10pm
"ssl." <gold at midtech.net> wrote in
news:3fc65dc5 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> mrbruce"Mountain Myst saying if I
> posted his name in AW again my worlds and cits will be suspended. Now
> you think of who they are fighting for in that email you
> recieved...HINTS its a HIM and HIS name begins with M and its 4
> letters spaced apart like this M * * * Got the hint yet?"
>
> I think he's the one responsible for the pop up attack I had.
> He's hated me since day one....
> Its like Harry Potter and Voldemort...
> but its Ssl and Voldem*tt O_o

Anyone could give you some homemade spyware or flood you with Windows
Messenger alerts. If it was him, then just get a firewall and configure
it properly.

> We have a link with one another....a strange one..o.o.....
> im not saying i have a scar of my head but..x.X...
> I know him..and once sort of tried to make friends with him.
> As it happens, the rest of the people were hating him,and bump warping
> him to other worlds to get revenge..and i was sticking up for him.
> Since he had noone to help him fight the mob off.
> He thought i was one of them and got seriously ticked off.

Okay...

> Ever since then anything i built was deleted in either 30 minutes, or
> that same day.
>
> Im sure it was him because he'd left signs blaming it on me
>
> and he's the only one that would do that.

Uh, *how* would he delete your property? Same issues as with the popup
thing, you have to think "is it technically possible?". Unless you've
given him a PW or PPW, and if the property was in a world where he did
not have privileges to delete other people's property, then he didn't.

> Another thing, the world Myra, supposedly belongs to him. Then again
> it could be Stefan behind it all.
> oh..
> The person who has been hacking into worlds and copying the cell.dat
> and prop dumps...is none other than
>
> THEJOKER SS .

Stefan owns Myra I believe. Stefan = THE JOKER SS, yes. He's not been
hacking into worlds, no. Yes, he has been dumping his cache or made his
own little SDK to get propdumps and OP passwords.

> ( See URGENT NEWS BULLITEN FOR ENTIRE ACTIVEWORLDS COMMUNITY)
> What can i say..I was fearful for what would happen to the community,
> so i capped it all. I'm sorry if i got anyone annoyed.

Wow, how scary. People are going to copy our buildings and steal our OP
passwords, I'm gonna piss my pants soon.

Sorry for being so harsh, but you have to THINK about what you say and
believe...

KAH

Stupid Kid Email

Nov 30, 2003, 11:11am
"ssl 2" <gold at midtech.net> wrote in news:3fc8fba8 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

>::Ok enough with the spyware things.
> I've dealt with it and removed it.
> Hopefully it wont happen again. Or at least for a few months
> I have Two firewalls, my original winXP firewall
> and the free Zone Alarm firewall.
> Any firewalls you'd recommend I'd like please.. =S

ZoneAlarm is good, although it would've been nice if they hadn't gone so
bloatware.

> People work hard on things,Kah
> Of course anyone would be ticked if they went and copied their work that
> they did not want copied without their permission.

Sure, if someone copies your stuff without asking you'll get angry, it
might even be a copyright violation in some cases. But it's no big deal
really, it's quite harmless.

> And I think I may have called you Kol for some strange reason. Sorry.

In that case I didn't notice, don't worry about it :-)

KAH

Small Clarification...

Nov 25, 2003, 1:52pm
"ssl." <gold at midtech.net> wrote in
news:3fc2c6c7 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> If you suspected some major activity in the aw community, would you
> have capitalized it?
>
> A msn messenger is the primary IM ive used ever since i got this
> computer
>
> B only until November 15 did i first see signs of pop ups while using
> aw. You really think pop ups just..POP out of nowhere at random
> months?

They don't pop out of nowhere, but I promise you, they won't be popping out
of AW. Pay attention to what people have said and look for spyware on your
system.

By the way, didn't you disable the messenger service? Isn't it striking
that you now have stopped receiving these popups...

KAH

object path passwords cracked

Nov 29, 2003, 1:43pm
"mod" <mod at darkbirdie.com> wrote in
news:3fc7f076$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Why the hell do you keep mentioning my name? You got your information
> wrong man, I don't even come on
> AW anymore. As for making a list and being slow, obviously I must be,
> because I haven't even made one... Wow Strike you need to learn to let
> me be in peace and not blame me for every little thing you can think
> of. Although I have already gone away, you can go get a life for all
> that I care :)

Maybe because you did this earlier this year? Just maybe... Although I
doubt it's you, probably some other loser.

KAH

object path passwords cracked

Nov 29, 2003, 1:46pm
"andras" <andras at andras.net> wrote in
news:3fc8aab9$2 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I really wonder how can AWI repassword your objects on an independent
> HTTP server? When the sh*t first hit the fan, I modified my multizip
> tool <http://www.andras.net/tools.html#multizip> to repassword the
> objects. I just added an additional feature to repassword only the
> already-protected files (thanks to XelaG for the idea and the
> testing). It can do the repasswording all at once but only YOU have
> the way to access your OP host :)

One could also repassword them on-the-fly using some kind of server-side
script. Would be a big performance hit, though.

KAH

object path passwords cracked

Nov 29, 2003, 5:58pm
"mod" <mod at darkbirdie.com> wrote in
news:3fc8c200$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well kah I always try to leave the past in the past, and would like to
> think that I moved on from that, and also apologized to the world
> owners. The fact is once I started making objects I realized how much
> work people put into this, and although I was pushed to the breaking
> point by some *InSaNe* person to post that list. I really wish it
> wouldn't have happened. That is the past though...not now. I really
> wish that strike would leave me out of these coversations and
> debates,especially when I didn't do anything :( Either way I hope AW
> takes some time to change their password encryption to solve these
> problems :)

I'm just saying why some people will think it was you.

KAH

OK, I feel this is necessary to avoid mass hysteria among fools

Nov 28, 2003, 10:53pm
"ryan" <awng.5.ryanjacob at spamgourmet.com> wrote in
news:3fc7ec37$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> You need to check the headers of an email message to see who it was
> from ... if you get something suspicious forward it to
> abuse at activeworlds.com (don't reply to the suspicious email) and I
> assure you the REAL Bill Hoover will answer :)
>
> Check and see if the headers have anything to do with Netfirms
> ...that's one service that is being abused ...

Would be nice if whoever keeps sending these mails would add a valid reply
address. So everyone could tell him what a stupid moron (s)he is.

I can't wait to see (s)he'll do next...

KAH

22 Citizenships to be canceled

Nov 30, 2003, 11:28am
"ry" <ryanauNOSPAM at iprimus.com.au> wrote in news:3fc9d6e4
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> why cancel the cits anyway???

It's his right, he wants to leave AW and doesn't feel like paying for a
bunch of cits he gave away. If you ask me, he shouldn't be giving cits away
if he won't keep it up, unless there was a clear disclaimer about this when
he gave them out, but it's still his money.

KAH

THE TRUTH IS HERE!!!!!

Nov 30, 2003, 11:37am
"jstone2004" <j at jlife.net> wrote in
news:3fc9f091 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> it is possible to fake an IP addy rather easily, that's how most of
> the known hackers in the world haven't been put in jail yet :-)
> however, in this case, it is rather odd, I do admit...

That's bogus. Please don't talk about things you know nothing about. You
could hide your IP in a post here by posting through a proxy, but you can't
spoof the IP. IP spoofing is easy enough, but it's not useful. The
connection would never even be opened, since the server can't reply to the
first control message.

IP spoofing is mostly used by people who have fun DoS'ing people, because
it makes it very hard to trace where the packets are coming from, and also
wastes more time and resources on the victim's side, because it's been
given a bogus IP that it will try replying to.

It was MrBruce that posted both posts, indeed.

KAH

THE TRUTH IS HERE!!!!!

Nov 30, 2003, 11:41am
"thetruthishere" <lorwil2000 at aol.com> wrote in
news:3fc9aff3 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

><<snipped lame log>>

Who gives a damn about M a t t and his stupid little spamming raids and
empty threats? Who cares about some dispute between A!!CT and VWTV? NOBODY!
MrBruce, please go away! You've shown extremely bad behaviour lately, I
think you should just leave right now instead of waiting for your world to
expire.

KAH

THE TRUTH IS HERE!!!!!

Nov 30, 2003, 11:59am
"a1ct command" <Command at A1CT.com> wrote in
news:3fc9f662$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> So you don't care that those trashy ppl co-operate with a terrorist?
> Those fucking bastards need to be banned for lifetime! They all need
> to die in HELL!

Are you feeling quite well? A terrorist? Trashy ppl? Bastards that need to
be banned on lifetime? People who need to die in "HELL"?

You're blowing things a *bit* out of proportion there...

Don't forget to take your meds.

KAH

THE TRUTH IS HERE!!!!!

Nov 30, 2003, 2:02pm
"a1ct command" <Command at A1CT.com> wrote in
news:3fc9fd64$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> They had more than enough chances. Now it's time for them to die.

Is that a death threat?

M a t t may well be a loser that does a lot of stupid and sometimes
annoying things, but I don't think he merits to die for it...

I suggest you take a deep breath and calm down.

KAH

THE TRUTH IS HERE!!!!!

Nov 30, 2003, 2:07pm
"mrbruce" <MrBruce at a1ct.com> wrote in
news:3fc9fb47 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Oh but I look into Gerneral.discussion and see a Kah post to M A T T ,
> ok who wants to here your complaints about abuse from M A T T, face it
> Kah you tried to cut my throat by posting THATS MRBRUCE THAT POSTED
> THAT POST M A T T !!!! LOOK MATT THE IPS IS MRBRUCE'S IP
> ADRESS MATT!!!!! Your so smart your stupid!!
> Matt can spoof any IP and so can anyone else, wise up!! Any one in the
> chat could have posted it and edited it to!

I was just replying to a mail he sent me (I wouldn't have posted it here if
he provided a reply address, but as you know he doesn't have a habit of
doing so). It wasn't actually abuse, he did try to prove me wrong but
failed to do so. Again, I apologise for having to post it here.

Well, it is you who posted that log, I was just correcting someone else in
this thread. Neither matt nor anyone else can spoof your IP in this
newsgroup. It was you, it's a proven fact, you can just admit it, or make
even more people lose what respect for you they might still have left.

Anyone in the chat could have edited and posted it, but in this case it was
you. There's no doubt about that.

I'm sorry, but I didn't quite catch the meaning of "you're so smart you're
stupid", it's somewhat ambigious... I don't think you should be the one
complaining about being on the receiving end of abuse and hatred from the
community.

KAH

THE TRUTH IS HERE!!!!!

Dec 1, 2003, 3:58pm
"mrbruce" <MrBruce at a1ct.com> wrote in
news:3fcab142 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Thanks 12 worlds got wipped because of your thoughtfulness.

Huh?

KAH

PLEASE HELP A!!CT HAS BEEN WIPED!!!!

Dec 1, 2003, 4:06pm
"kimdelee" <kimdelee at yahoo.com> wrote in
news:3fca5ea4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I have only posted here a couple times..but no one cares that they are
> just allowed to hack and wipe whole worlds and not let any owners back
> in? What if it had been your worlds? Man, are all of you on here
> that selfish?
>
> I don't know hardly any of you, but great first impression. I want
> nothing to do with any kind of A!!CT anomosity, was just asking for
> help from these guys.

The only problem is that nobody hacked anything. This was most likely done
by MrBruce or someone else with privileges to wipe the world.

If you read some of the other threads on hacking and whatnot from the last
few days, you'll see that most of it is superstition and hysteria. I don't
recommend doing so if you don't want to lose your sanity, though :-)

KAH

PLEASE HELP A!!CT HAS BEEN WIPED!!!!

Dec 1, 2003, 4:09pm
"carlbanks" <carlbanks at triplehelix.info> wrote in
news:3fcaa14b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I think he is MrBruce.

No, I don't think that's likely. This guy is a lot crazier and more
militant-fanatic, besides the IPs are in completely different ranges.

KAH

Why?

Dec 1, 2003, 4:15pm
"mrbruce" <MrBruce at a1ct.com> wrote in
news:3fcac91d at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Are you sure thats starfleet? right now with the way AW is hackable
> are you sure I'm MrBruce? I may not be, nor ever was. IPs? How do you
> even know this IP was ever MrBruce?
> Fact is right now certain people have cause alot of stress because of
> other people and hey why not, as I see it A!!CT was on top of the
> worlds list up with the big boys. This causes jealousy with other
> world owners who want their worlds to be just as popular, so thats
> when they start their crap! A!!CT is not looking to be in any
> popularity contests here, but it seems were always being forced into
> it, by being attacked by PIONS who want A!!CT to dies, so their world
> will be popular. Trust me I know, I just dont reveal to you all my
> telegrams, emails ect. MrBruce or am I?

God damn, stop this hacking bulllshit! Nobody is spoofing your IP or any
such thing, nobody ever hacked your world. The only thing that happened was
that someone had fun compiling a list of OP passwords in the AW universe,
not specifically targeting you or your world.

Everything else is machination from your side. When you tried posting a
chat log, you tried to hide behind an alias, and when people checked the
headers to find out it was you, you deny it and say hackers posted it. GET
A GRIP!

KAH

1  ...  73  74  75  76  77  78  |