kah // User Search

1  ...  72  73  74  75  76  77  |

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 21, 2003, 9:23am
"the lady" <thelady263414 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3f4361c7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Any power in place that seeks to judge and condemn a people for
> immoral actions by way of mental or physical torture should be routed
> out, disbanded and left powerless.
>
> There is a very diverse culture here. Each person comes here with
> their own unique personal situation. Noone should be tortured here.
> Instead, influencing a good quality of life, moral actions and taking
> an interest in meeting the needs of the people is what the focus
> should be.

Can't you please just remove her posting ability? She's filling the
newsgroups with mad ramblings!

KAH

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 22, 2003, 10:11am
"baro" <baronjutter at shaw.ca> wrote in
news:3f4516db$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Open the message, click message, block sender. it's as easy as
> muting in AW.

First, not everyone is using MSOE. If I wanna plonk someone I simply press
K with the message selected.

Second, that's not going to get rid of all the replies.

Third, it's better to DEAL with the problem instead of brushing it under
the carpet. I've only got one person (with several aliases) on my killfile.
That was because I exhausted all ways of stopping him (abuse-friendly news-
server, no IP address, etc). I think that The Lady's behaviour over the
last months is unacceptable, and that therefore her posting *privilege*
(remember, it's a privilege, not a right) should be revoked, at least for a
while.

KAH

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 23, 2003, 12:38pm
"joeman" <john at fakeplastic.com> wrote in
news:3f469323$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Has she killed anyone? Has she threatened anyone to death? Has she
> tried to hack anyone? Has she stolen anything? No.......... All you
> want to do is suppress her "new" and "radical" ideas... You know who
> also did that... that na... er....

She's just annoying. Her posts are practically spam. Disrupts the normal
flow of the groups, starts flamewars. She never seems to have anything
usefull to say either, so why let her post?

KAH

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 23, 2003, 12:47pm
"the lady" <thelady263414 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3f476567 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> You are one of the few I know of that don't allow more than one person
> to talk through your citizen name (unless I am badly mistaken). You
> are one of the few that has kept the same citizen name since I've
> known you. I can think of only very few others, Binary Bud, Princess
> Leia.
>
> Why do other citizens, Pk's, and other leaders (supposedly people that
> should have integrity) put people in so much pain allowing no telling
> who to sign onto their citizen names. Especially when you think you
> are having a very private conversation with someone you think you
> know? It is probably one of the worst kinds of deceit that I can
> think of, and it does not help to build and maintain trust in the
> community.

I highly doubt that information is correct. Quite few people allow others
to use their accounts (it's asking for trouble) in my experience.

I doubt even more that PKs and leaders would allow anyone to use their cits
(especially PKs, they really should know better).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

KAH

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 25, 2003, 11:16am
"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3f47a373 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> He made things like the terrain flattener and has helped out with
> security and such on several occasions..

The terrain thing was just a few lines of code change heh. I've done
countless other things of my own, although not very publicized (and in some
cases, not extremely usefull either).

KAH

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 25, 2003, 11:19am
"joeman" <john at fakeplastic.com> wrote in
news:3f47a2c3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> You haven't done anything useful yourself, so why should you be
> allowed to post?

What usefull things have you done? Besides being resident wiseass, that is.

The Lady is just a severely disruptive element. She's not like Eep for
example, she doesn't attack people personally (well, usually), but she
still starts a bunch of completely useless threads encouraging disruptive
action. She spams. You can have my posting revoked when I start spamming.

KAH

Condemnation of AW Citizens

Aug 25, 2003, 11:21am
"count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> wrote in news:3f48d90e$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> It is more like people commenting and answering that fills it up.

That's the consequence. She's the cause.

KAH

:)

Sep 10, 2003, 2:32pm
"tengel" <tengel at fna.no> wrote in news:3f5e6d9b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well Stefan

[View Quote] Actually, more decisive evidence "s t e f a n" and "incendium" are the same
is the IP. Both the incedium post and the following stefan posts were
posted from the same IP.

I must say this was a very immature thing to do. I wish s t e f a n would
think about growing up.

KAH

:)

Sep 11, 2003, 2:16pm
".duo." <ncommons at comcast.net> wrote in news:3f5f814d$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> wait, how do you know?

Maybe, *just maybe*, I looked at the headers? lol ;-))

KAH

City Building

Sep 11, 2003, 2:19pm
"weizer" <weizer at my.activeworlds.com> wrote in news:3f60677e$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> what does that mean ?
> btw i'm not very good in english.

It means you posted a big attachment. Anyway, you're completely off topic.

If you have pictures to show, give us a link. If you want to complain about
some person, use email. Thank you.

KAH

City Building

Sep 12, 2003, 11:55am
"weizer" <weizer at my.activeworlds.com> wrote in
news:3f60ed5c at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Did I complained about someone ? And sorry about the picts, but my web
> server doesnt work now... I really don't know what I did wrong... I
> specified the size of the file like everyone usually ask..and why
> would I use email ? Who did I complained about ?

Sorry, I misunderstood your post the first time round. I thought you
complained about the Jetta Lewis person. So you were completely on-topic as
well, I'm sorry :-((

> Sorry guys I just don,t understand and please can you be a little more
> friendly and tell me what I did wrong and how can I solve this next
> time instead of posting messages like ENXO please assasinate...stop
> thinking about bringing down others and help them instead.

Isn't it friendly to tell you to please post a link next time?

KAH

COMMUNITY WARNING

Sep 12, 2003, 12:06pm
"mrbruce" <a1ctworld at aol.com> wrote in
news:3f6152e9 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Be advised your OP passwords are at risk, details are sketchy....
> unclear, but I am warning you all your OP passwords have been
> sacrified. I would rather not reveal my sources of information or
> point fingers till more evidence is reviewed or reveal what I know
> about how it was done, but heed my warning change your OP passwords
> ASAP. If you all think this is posted as a hoax guess again, most you
> probably already know A!!CT's OP password because it has been spread
> thru-out AWTeen and our password had the maxium charicters allowed so
> if our OP Password was cracked so was most in AW.

Old news, nothing to get excited over. Lenght won't matter the least
either. They most likely got your OP PW by decrypting the AW protocol, and
of course the OP PW has to be sent to the browser when it enters a world.
There's nothing that can be done about it, so just don't worry about it. If
you see someone stealing your objects / leeching your OP, tell them to
stop. If they don't, contact AWI abuse.

KAH

COMMUNITY WARNING

Sep 13, 2003, 8:32am
"mrbruce" <a1ctworld at aol.com> wrote in
news:3f62b299 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> John care to exsplain to the AW community how you knew the OP password
> to the path used as our commercial Object Path called starfleet? And
> why you were logged shortly after coming into A!!CT and this
> prevails>>>

> I think we all know what that laughter was all about John.
> Also it seems a little funny that wittnesses have chat logs with names
> showing our op password "janeway-75-theta-6-voyager" being passed
> around in AWTeen as well as several other passwords. So you can all
> scrap that password now its been changed. Be be warned staling a
> password to a commercial Opject path is just like stealing Pay TV
> service, you get caught and we have the right to prosecute.
> But plain and simply folks, there are thiefs in AW and you need to
> protect your investments.

He could prosecute you for false allegations and slander, so be carefull
about what you say. That someone entered your world and started laughing is
not a very good indication that that person stole your password. It sort of
strikes me as the kind of thing John would do if he's bored :-D

Yes, there are people that think stealing OP PWs is fun in AW. But there is
not much that can be done about this (one thing that could be done is using
the Referer HTTP header to see where the request came from, although this
header can be defeated very easily) from the world owner's point of view.
The ball's in AWI's court, and it's been there for a long time; they have
the possibility to make things (at least quite a bit) more secure, but they
aren't taking it.

KAH

COMMUNITY WARNING

Sep 14, 2003, 9:02am
"joeman" <john at fakeplastic.com> wrote in
news:3f630865$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I wouldn't be so sure about those allegations of "slander" there, KAH.
> I don't know about Finland, or Norway, or whichever far-away land you
> come from, but lying to cover up a crime is rather illegal.

"Lying to cover up a crime", what are you talking about? MrBruce posted
accusations against John, providing laughter in the chat as proof. To me
that sounds like a false allegation; slander. It's not my problem if
MrBruce has some more conclusive evidence if he doesn't post about it.

Would be nice if you learnt how to not make a fool of yourself, Joe.

KAH

New AWNewbie Website!

Sep 15, 2003, 2:56pm
"brock" <BrockL at iceflare.net> wrote in news:3f6489a2$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Wow the awnewbie site, for newbies, is by a gor, isnt that corruption or
> something? trying to corrupt them into being gors or whatever?

Brock, don't be a crackhead. I don't think anyone is going to "corrupt" the
tourists. It's a very stupid and ignorant thing to say. Unfortunately, I
see some people replied to you with equally stupid comments. Ah well,
that's life I suppose, it's all your own fault in any case.

KAH

Jetta?

Sep 25, 2003, 2:37pm
"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> wrote in
news:3f7318a5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Because Linn was passing her spew on as fact when, in fact, she never
> checked it out in the first place...these NG's need to have
> INFORMATION in them not opinions/rumors of grudge holding users.
>
> More of these posters NEED to be called out when they make statements
> like this.
>
> This poster has developed a pattern of this type of post.
>
> Leo :)
>
> And NO I am not playing Judge here...I just refuse to sit idly by let
> them abuse the NG's.

It is true that Linn loves personal attacks, more or less unprovoced (sp?).
Sure, BinaryBud's expressed himself rather crudely, but he's still right;
why does she start these stupid personal vendettas for no reason at all?

KAH

Image Merror Script

Sep 26, 2003, 12:27pm
"bowen" <Bowen at andras.net> wrote in
news:3f7347be$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I believe it is your browser not correctly submitting the information
> that's being requisted of it (the http referrer or whatever they use
> for it).

Referer is an optinal header. They can't rely on getting it, if it's not
provided (or empty), they just have to assume your visit is legitimate.

KAH

Halloween at spiral matrix-Imagine

Oct 3, 2003, 12:34pm
"crazy pills" <chris101d at comcast.net> wrote in
news:3f7cd4cf$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

><<snipped spam>>

We don't care about Spiral Matrix, please post your advertising somewhere
else. Thanks.

KAH

Halloween at spiral matrix-Imagine

Oct 4, 2003, 11:42am
"count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> wrote in
news:3f7dcd34$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I belive this place ( community) is the right place to inform of what
> is happening in ones universe/galaxy. When one buy an universe it says
> that NG support is included. I doubt AWI has a separate news server
> for each universe?

support != advertising

This is advertising/SPAM. This is the *AW* community NG, and is the right
place to inform about what is happening in AW, not in some other universe.

> Of course uf anyone post in the wrong category, it is normal to get
> flamed, but people from Spiral Matrix should not be bashed because
> they are from SM, but simple because of off-topic post. One could
> compare it to if a negro walks towards red light; one cannot yell at
> him because he is black, but simply because he is doing a wrong thing.

Nobody is being bashed for being from SM. I couldn't care less what
universes they use, they're being off-topic, and actually advertising a
commercial product.

> I have also been informed that when you buy a galaxy/universe, it do
> not include a citizenship in AW. Demand one! Since NG support is
> included; how the heck do one post here without a citizenship?

I'm sure that people that can afford universes or galaxies, costing
thousands of dollars, also can afford to buy a cit...

In any case, the owner of Spiral Matrix posted in the NGs saying he did not
wish anyone to post about SM.

KAH

Halloween at spiral matrix-Imagine

Oct 5, 2003, 9:06am
"imagine" <imagines at joimail.com> wrote in
news:3f7ee6cc at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> The text in the original post in this thread was not meant as spam.
> The text was given to Crazy Pills by me to post here. It was meant to
> be a polite invitation to vitit me in my world in Spiral Matrix and
> have a bit of fun doing a Halloween pumpkin hunt on Halloween, nothing
> more. I purposly did not include any comments about buying cits or
> worlds. I did invite people to take a look around. It's kind of like
> inviteing some one to your home for a party and inviteing them to
> check out your house.
>
> I have been a part of AW for years and I have a cit both here and in
> SM. I have friends in AW who don't mind going between universes to
> visit. This invitation is for them and anyone else who dosn't mind
> going between universes. Any one who dosn't like it dosn't have to
> come, but you are also welcome.
>
> I really think that the poeple who are haveing a problem with them is
> over reacting to a simple invitation to a halloween event.

I don't mind going between universes, but I do mind people I don't know
telling me to go to another universe, completely unsolicited. In my book
that's advertising, and as it's unsolicited, SPAM.

You don't try to sell any product, but you still ask people to use a
product different from the one these newsgroups are about.

Why don't you invite your friends by telegram or mail, and post about the
event on SM-related forums? It would be much nicer of you.

KAH

Halloween at spiral matrix-Imagine

Oct 6, 2003, 4:23pm
"count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> wrote in
news:3f803620 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> For gods sake, dont go then, no big deal LOL
> Many times I see ppl telling about events that I am not interested in,
> I simply choose not go. It is not like anyone is forcing you to go. I
> doubt Imagine tried to rip you away from AWTeen (?) and force you to
> go to SM, not to mention that anyone forced you to become a citizen
> there.

The point is not wether I want to go or not, it's the way this was
advertised. It's off-topic. SM uses the AW technology, but this does NOT
mean the AW-universe community newsgroup is the right place to post about
SM community happenings. In my eyes this was advertising, although I
guess the level of advertising could be discussed. Wether it was off-
topic or not, though, seems pretty clear to me.

> No, same product. One line in an ini file do not make it a totally
> different product. You would not even need to download a new browser
> you could simply edit the ini file if that made you feel better. I
> know Calpantera tried to ban me for doing this, but I guess it was
> proven that it was not illegal, but even suggested by AWI themselves
> on their help pages.

It uses the same technology, but it's not the same product. You have to
think a bit differently when it comes to this; what is really the
"product" in AW? It's really a number of things, including the community
you get access to (IMHO). Sure, the software is pretty independent of the
actual universe, even completely compatible; you do not access the same
product if you change universe server, though.

> I am sure she will invite you separately by e-mail, and telegrams next
> time. This was posted in a SM related forum tho. I consider this to be
> a AW,DLP,OW,CNW etc related forum; as long as someone use the
> activeworlds software.

This is a forum related to AW, as in the Active Worlds universe, not the
Active Worlds technology. It doesn't take a great sense of logic to
understand that given that you need to be an AW citizen to gain posting
rights.

> Maybe you KAH just should stop reading the news , if one post piss you
> off this much. A normal person would have seen in the header that this
> is about SM, and if not interested simple ignored it. Nevertheless,
> although you knew what was in it, you had to read it, and not even
> stop there, but start to whine about it. I bet you have spent much
> more time whining about it that it took to read it.

It doesn't piss me off, it just annoys me, so I thought I would like to
point it out. My original reply took me a few seconds to write.
Unfortunately, some people that thought it was okay for users from other
universes to come in here and advertise their events, so I started
argumenting my position.

> For your own good I hope you will never start to read any busy
> newsgroup, if
> you have to analyze ever single post and compare all to your sense of
> right
> or wrong. I can imagine KAH "reading" the nesgroup
> alt.binaries.pictures.autos; someone post a picture of a Velorex, and
> KAH has to start analyze that although it is 4 wheeled, it was
> registered as a motorcycle; so stop spamming the group with off topic
> pictures. And god save us from the day someone post a picture of a
> Reliant Robin, which one could drive with a motorcycle license in UK,
> but needed a car license for it in Sweden.....

I do actually read busy newsgroups on USENET. I don't "analyze ever[y]
single post and compare all [posts] to my sense of right or wrong". If
someone did post a picture of a motorcycle in a car picture group, I
might reply stating it was off-topic and referring the poster to an MC
related group. Don't count on it though, the USENET trolls would probably
have devoured the person long before I got to read the article...

KAH

Virus/Trojan Etc. Alert

Oct 9, 2003, 4:06pm
"brock" <BrockL at iceflare.net> wrote in
news:3f846ddc at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Telegram from NelXaga, sent just now:
> Hey, check out this 3d plugin, it enhances game graphics by at least
> 25%, suprisingly it works with all radeon and nvidia graphics cards!
> The download link is here: www.evolution3d.com/setup.exe. Have fun!
>
> Don't download that.
> Not sure what it does but don't risk it.

Nothing there (404). They'll have a hard time infecting you with a 404
error :-)

KAH

ENZO PLEASE READ

Oct 15, 2003, 2:03pm
"insanity" <ins at nospam.com> wrote in news:3F8C94B8.3010501 at nospam.com:

> You deleted all posts defending my name but you are allowing the thread
> from Paul to continue as he just posted again at 6:27 PM RE: Copyright
> Violation? Please inform the paying customers how saying positive
> things about me is against the charter why negatives are allowed.

ENZO is the CEO of AWI. I don't know how it is for you to run your company,
but I'm sure ENZO has better things to do than to constantly watch these
groups and delete posts. He's not "allowing" anyone to continue, stop being
such an ass.

KAH

Technozeus needs our help......!!!!

Oct 17, 2003, 2:39pm
"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> wrote in news:3f8ed656$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Anyone that knows TZ, and would like to help, please contact him.

How? Telegram?

KAH

Goodnight everybody :)

Nov 1, 2003, 12:22pm
".duo." <ncommons at comcast.net> wrote in
news:3f9c665c at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> CET?

Central European Time. (GMT + 1).

KAH

Anyone heard from TZ?

Nov 2, 2003, 1:06pm
"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage(dot)com> wrote in
news:3fa16ead at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> and it does they provide FREE lawyers

So does any fair court system. Linn, go back under your rock. Thanks.

KAH

new avatars in AW world! its about time

Nov 8, 2003, 11:59am
"wizard myrddin" <wiz at nomail.com> wrote in
news:3facc13b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> More to the point is what ever happened to the Skinned avatars?
> remember last year the new improved features. Now this would be a vast
> improvement to get away from the present avatar catalogue.
>
> Or perhaps it was a pipedream that never bore fruit!

I think it's all there, it's just that nobody knows how to use it. HamFon
said he was going to write documentation on it and get it out before he
left, but this doesn't appear to have happened.

Without documentation, any such major feature is completely useless, and a
waste of precious time.

KAH

Can someone contact TENGEL?

Nov 9, 2003, 12:41pm
"mrbruce" <a1ctworld at aol.com> wrote in
news:3fad9b0d at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Can someone contact tengel and let him know his world server is messed up
> and no one can access the world server or any worlds running off of it?
> Be grately appreciated!

Could be quite hard... His mailserver is also down. I'm sure he's aware of
these problems and working on it.

KAH

Voting

Nov 9, 2003, 12:42pm
"the lady" <thelady263414 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3fadda51$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> The low numbers of people participating in organizations plus the fact
> that they aren't doing very well is a reflection upon the fact that
> voting isn't allowed. We need to allow the citizens of AW the freedom
> to vote.

Whatever. Your post would've been more entertaining if you said *what* we
should be allowed to vote over, but since nobody cares about what you say
it doesn't matter much.

KAH

Message to TENGEL

Nov 16, 2003, 12:27pm
"mrbruce" <MrBruce at a1ct.com> wrote in
news:3fb6dbb7 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Tengel if your not going to host our worlds or fix your server, the
> least you can do is stop worrying about AMERICA World for 5 seconds
> and send us the damned Propdumps Attributes and Terrain data. For
> Christ sakes enough is enough and some of those worlds are not even
> mine and you have me blocked out of the server and never answer
> anyones emails or telegrams!! Your server problems do not seem to
> affect Ashmore and Pata do they? So fine I have moved my worlds now be
> considerate and send me the data for the worlds.

Geez, he's having some major problems. Even his own mailserver is down, and
you start whining about a world server? Did you actually pay him for it? If
no, then just be patient. I'm not sure if he's actually hosting Pata right
now or if someone else has stepped in for him. The latest I heard was that
an ISP change was causing this, be considerate and think of the cost of
hosting all those worlds for free.

KAH

1  ...  72  73  74  75  76  77  |