kah // User Search

1  ...  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  78  |

Video Flickering With DirectX 9 Beta....

Jul 26, 2003, 8:31am
"ferruccio" <startrek3 at earthlink.net> wrote in
news:3f21de05$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well the problem is, I have had that "automatically restart" box
> unchecked since I got this computer. something else is making the
> computer restart itself

Overheating can do it. And hey, you never know if the MS programmer are
checking the right registry entry to decide wether or not to reboot.

KAH

RWX text editor?

Aug 5, 2003, 4:50pm
"lady nighthawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3f29e34b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Is there an RWX text editor that will show errors, or different kinds of
> commands in diff colors for instance? I have an error of an unmatched
> transformend (line 9393) ... like how the heck would I find where the
> UNmatched is and add it, or delete the extra end? No way I'm gonna count
> down 9,393 lines to find it LOL. Help?

Notepad does it to too, as well as jumping to the line of your choice.
Press CTRL+G (at least it does under w2k).

KAH

AW Voting

Aug 6, 2003, 8:38am
"jstone2004" <j at jlife.net> wrote in
news:3f3075d0$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> dang... for andras to get angry, that takes a lot... but when you get
> him angry... you had better run for all you're worth, because there
> ain't nothin gonna stop him from doing exactly what he says he is
> gonna do! *cheers* Go andras! :D

There's nothing stopping anyone from reporting abuse. It's just a matter of
writing a mail explaining who, when and what. Don't forget some sort of
evidence (in this case, headers).

KAH

Gong on the hour...

Aug 6, 2003, 8:39am
"joeman" <joeman at bootdown.com> wrote in
news:3f30464e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> ASP sucks, PHP is where its at :).

Indeed, ASP is extremely inferior. It's not even an actual language, just a
platform. And it's an MS product.

KAH

Gong on the hour...

Aug 7, 2003, 9:32am
"crazy pills" <chris101d at comcast.net> wrote in
news:3f31368c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> make a soudn that is an hour long, then do "create sound URL loop"

Besides that such a file would be something like 50MB large, good idea.

KAH

The Lady fund

Aug 7, 2003, 9:33am
"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> wrote in
news:3f315f18 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> leaders do not have to be smart......they just need smart people all
> around them for it to work...:)

This particular leader has some very stupid people around himself.

KAH

No flight sequences in AW?

Aug 13, 2003, 8:05am
"lady nighthawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> wrote in news:3f38f6e8
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Steal them? They're in your cache file, seqs are not hidden or otherwise
> disabled. Most tell me to *get them there*.

That they're in your cache doesn't mean they're yours to take. You *have*
to download them to see them, but if the author doesn't give you permission
to take them, don't. It'd then be stealing.

KAH

AW Meeting

Aug 9, 2003, 9:56am
"the lady" <thelady263414 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3f348924$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> August 16, 2003 9PM VRT You are invited to attend a Meeting- Setting
> up an AW democracy-Be prepared to share your ideas.-198.50N 239.55E
> 0.00a 271 Alpha World. Pass it along.
>
> In hopes we can set up a democracy and voting.
>
> I am not looking to be elected for anything. I just would like to
> somehow begin the progress of beginning a democracy that works for and
> benefits everyone. The people have suffered enough.
>
> Everyone is invited; however, please keep in mind if you are one of
> those hindering freedom in any way for people in AW, better you have a
> change of heart; otherwise, please don't impede progress.

Are you blind? Are you stupid? Are you insane? After this post, I must
assume the answer to these questions is positive.

You've been told countless times that you CAN'T set up a democracy to rule
AW, because AW is a *product* owned by a *company*, not a territory
submitted to a government.

Why can't you just admit defeat and give up this whole impossibility? The
best thing you'll achieve is get yourself banned from AW. And there's
nobody you can go to then, it'll be all your own fault (not that the AWI
actually needs a reason to ban you, the EULA clearly states they don't).

KAH

AW Meeting

Aug 10, 2003, 10:05am
"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3f3585fa$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Hey! I like it, nice one Goober.... perhaps while were at it we should
> put in everyone else who fits the bill... So next up, InSaNiTy?
>
> - Mark
> Disclaimer: No, InSaNiTy.. you cant sue me, harm me, threaten to break
> my kneecaps, shoot me, attack me, or generally cause me any annoyance
> whatsoever.

You forgot telling him that he can't harm himself or pretend harming
himself (remember that time he used another name to say he'd undergone
"accute coronary surgery"?).

KAH

AW Meeting

Aug 10, 2003, 10:07am
"imagine" <imagines at joimail.com> wrote in
news:3f352253 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I wish you all the luck in starting your democracy The Lady :)
>
> They are right, you would have to buy into AWI to be able to get them
> to make any real world changes if you did vote on anything. So as far
> as getting AWI to go along with your plan I think you are a bit
> DOOMED.

Actually, she can't buy into AWI. They're a privately held company now.
Thank God.

KAH

AW Meeting

Aug 12, 2003, 9:08am
"the lady" <thelady263414 at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3f37fc8b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Everyone has my attention......always. : )

Although you obviously ignore everything they say.

KAH

AW Meeting

Aug 14, 2003, 10:10am
"e n z o" <enzo at activeworlds.com> wrote in
news:3f3a51a0$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> "What? Media company?
> I find this lack of understanding - disturbing" kewww huh kewww
> huh uses force grip
>
> Darth E

I must warn you Darth E, the force of the Light Side is stronger than you
think...

KAH Skywalker

NG Attornies

Aug 11, 2003, 6:03am
"the lady" <thelady263414 at hotmail.com> wrote in news:3f36874e$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Any here? Any reading this ng as citizens? If so, fess up.
>
> Now.
>
> <pushes "Send">

What do you want lawyers for? Your every post gets stranger than your last.

KAH

can somoen verify if this is safe?

Aug 18, 2003, 10:29am
"andras" <andras at andras.net> wrote in
news:3f4009a0$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Do I hear AOL abuse department ????

I sure do.

The Mask, if I were you, I wouldn't brag about how you broke the law and
how you are a total asshole in public. It kinda makes it too easy to take
you offline, ya know.

abuse at aol.net

KAH

can somoen verify if this is safe?

Aug 19, 2003, 9:20am
"joeman" <john at fakeplastic.com> wrote in
news:3f40dad5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> "All Internet security issues (hacking reports, mailbombs, denial of
> service attacks, etc.) should be sent with all log information
> directly to TOSGeneral at aol.com. " I think the newsgroup posts should
> be proof enough, I mean, he says he did them. Anyway, I doubt he did
> any damage with his AOL account, but, its the thought that counts,
> right? ;)

I doubt most script kiddies would be able to do any real damage, with
AOheLl accounts or not, not a reason to let them go unpunished. They'd just
spawn more script kiddies (their friends).

(abuse at aol.net was the address listed on ARIN.)

KAH

Hotbar

Aug 12, 2003, 9:12am
"alexthemartian" <alex at virtual-studios.net> wrote in news:3f3864d6$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> i see the .dll on outlook express.. and it is grayed out when i click the
> paperclip... which is good.. but can someone explain why outlook express
> gray out certian attachements.. even greys out pictures sometime. why is
> that?

Because it sucks.

KAH

Hotbar

Aug 12, 2003, 9:13am
"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in news:3f3832ba$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Bill you should nuke the thread.. spyware DLL...
>
> Everyone else.. Hotbar is resource wasting, memory hogging, space
> destroying, bandwidth consuming shite. Oh yeah, its spyware as well..

Don't nuke the thread, nuke the *post*. We don't need yet another NG
reindexing.

KAH

Hotbar

Aug 13, 2003, 8:06am
"binarybud" <leo at realPANTStourvision.com> wrote in
news:3f38e5b5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> KAH your such a smart ass loser.

Hey, it's true. OE sucks. I may be saying it rather crudely, but it's the
way things are.

KAH

Hotbar

Aug 13, 2003, 8:25am
"glitzy giftz" <glitzygiftz at charter.net> wrote in
news:3f39da15$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> How old are most of the posters to this newsgroup? Just curious and
> also curious as to whether you all realize that there are many younger
> people getting online now days than there used to be and that the
> younger the person is that they may not know or understand as much as
> some of the older internet users. Then again the age thing isn't
> always true as in the example of: if my mother was online she would'nt
> know any better than to download spyware. A few months after getting
> her first PC she decided to sell it. What a shame that some people
> will never seem to have a use for the internet or maybe I should say
> that some will never have an understanding of the internet and how
> such a simple thing such as sending email, etc... works. Some people
> still think that each email sent costs as sending a letter via snail
> mail costs with the use of a stamp with each letter sent.

I would guess that most people are between 15-50 years in here. Quite a
span, but that's my guess. It's very true that the age doesn't matter that
much in here, it's more about maturity and knownledge.

Some of the stupidification is due to MS. MS are evil. They try to make
thing user friendly by hiding vital information from the users. And, of
course, it always fails (not to mention their total lack programming skill
and love for bugs that never get fixed). The only consolation is that if
Apple had gotten into MS's current position, things would be even worse.

KAH

Blocking

Aug 12, 2003, 9:15am
"glitzy giftz" <glitzygiftz at charter.net> wrote in
news:3f38766e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> If you block someone from your newsgroups can you later unblock them
> easily?

Yes, it's just a matter of removing them from your killfile.

> and I didn't think it possible to block someone from sending telegrams
> to you.

You'll need to keep whoever keeps harrasing you (is it The Lady again? if
she really harrases you, report her to abuse at activeworlds.com) on your
contact list to block their telegrams. Follow the instructions Pc Hamster
gave.

KAH

nomad objects again

Aug 13, 2003, 8:34am
"adalex" <adalexadalex291 at msn.com> wrote in
news:3f3943f5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Does anybody have any nomad1 noriver objects or textures? or fall
> textures for nopath objects or any nomad objects or anything?

I should have more or less all his terrain objects lying around. I don't
have anything called noriver, but I do have his river set. I don't have any
fall textures, though.

Zipped the river set up:
http://kahnews.cjb.net/aw/river.zip

Hope it's okay with NoMad1.

KAH

nomad objects again

Aug 14, 2003, 10:19am
"adalex" <adalexadalex291 at msn.com> wrote in news:3f3ac745$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> well i looked it up and its snoriver1 snoriver2 and snoriver3

Are you sure it's NoMad1's? I'm pretty sure I have all his stuff on my
disk, no trace of those objects you mention (unless they're renamed). Take
a look at the stuff in the zip, see if it's the same.

KAH

Free Citizens and 2 worlds

Aug 13, 2003, 8:37am
"weebo" <weebo at my.activeworlds.com> wrote in
news:3f397d0e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Who would like to assume my accounts.
> The Weebo account expires in Aug, 2006
> The other 3 cits I think in November.
> I will however keep my oldest one in case I decide to ever re-appear.
> I have a P50 world Connect.
> Weebeaux is a 3-d homepage, will prolly let it go back, let me think
> on this one.
> Let me know who could really use these.

Why are you leaving? Stop this crap and come back! Now! :-)

From G.D I understand you have had a problem with someone called Lotto.
Well, screw Lotto.

KAH

Serious Windows bug!

Aug 14, 2003, 10:26am
"mod" <mod at darkbirdie.com> wrote in
news:3f3995c7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> OK im posting this because a lot of ppl i know have been facing this
> problem where RPC is shutting down their computer.
>
> *note* if you are getting the RPC error you're seeing the results of a
> current exploit on port 135, 139, and i believe 445, that allows a
> hacker to literally run any script on your computer, with total
> disregard for current antivirus software and firewalls. An easy way to
> tell is to hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE and check under the "Processes" tab for
> a program called msblast.exe to be running.
>
> Here is the patch to fix it.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823980#WinXP
>
> Just figured i would post this So people who don't already know, know!

Forget about the patch. Practically nobody needs DCOM anyway, just disable
it:

1) Open regedit
2) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OLE.
3) Change the value of the EnableDCOM key to "N".
4) Reboot and DCOM will be disabled.

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825750

KAH
PS. Be carefull when editing the registry, if you do something wrong you'll
get OS malfunctions. I take no responsability for any damage you may cause
yourself.

Serious Windows bug!

Aug 14, 2003, 10:31am
"kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> wrote in
news:Xns93D7921581712kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201:

> Forget about the patch. Practically nobody needs DCOM anyway, just
> disable it:
>
> 1) Open regedit
> 2) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OLE.
> 3) Change the value of the EnableDCOM key to "N".
> 4) Reboot and DCOM will be disabled.
>
> Source: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825750

Forgot to mention that Windows 2000 users will need SP3 or later for this
to work. (You should have SP4 by now anyway).

KAH

Active worlds Deluxe

Aug 14, 2003, 10:28am
"joeman" <joeman at bootdown.com> wrote in
news:3f3ae3d6 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Its just you... and E N Z O. Surprisingly enough, you were the only
> two people to read that book, you, and that old man in Canada who
> doesn't have a computer.

You forgot the young man in Norway with a crappy connection. (Now guess who
that is)

KAH

Active worlds Deluxe

Aug 15, 2003, 7:52am
"bowen" <Bowen at andras.net> wrote in
news:3f3c4822 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well the power went out, I bet that fudged KAH up. ;)

Sure did. Although I didn't notice until a few hours later when I got bored
of playing online. Gotta love remote shells :-D

KAH

andras.net outage

Aug 14, 2003, 10:53am
"andras" <andras at andras.net> wrote in
news:3f3ae80c$2 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Due to an unknow problem, andras.net is down. Looks like all server
> sockets are exhausted. Since there is nobody to restart the server,
> you have to wait till I'll arrive back to Hungary sometimes around
> Friday evening.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience

I can connect to the news and web servers without problems. Either it fixed
itself, you had someone fix it, or something needs fixing where you are
now.

KAH

Attached files

Aug 15, 2003, 8:05am
"e n z o" <enzo at activeworlds.com> wrote in news:3f3ba528
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> All .exe, .vbs, .bat, .com files are no longer postable on the AW
> newsgroups.

You might not want any DLLs either.

KAH

Echomencers above post MEANS NEW UNIVERSE!!!!!

Aug 19, 2003, 9:30am
"joeman" <john at fakeplastic.com> wrote in
news:3f416c9a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Uh... Not everyone installs programs on C. 99% of computers have two
> IDE connectors with two channels apiece... So, you could have up to
> three dives besides C. Or you could be like me and have 19 network
> drives. :\

All Win32/16 boxes I've seen have a C drive. It's possible to change the
drive letter, but why would you do that?

KAH

1  ...  71  72  73  74  75  76  ...  78  |