kah // User Search

1  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  78  |

NAC builds. Do you have a favourite?

Sep 21, 2002, 10:12pm
"d a n" <awdan at aol.com> wrote in news:3d8b5f89 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> "around" i said. not in it :-P

It's like 40 coords or something in all directions from AW GZ. That's what
I call around. I mean the world AWGZ :-)) Isn't it just as well to just
leave the builds alone, only AWC staff and GET can delete it anyway.

KAH

NAC builds. Do you have a favourite?

Sep 30, 2002, 4:56pm
"d a n" <awdan at aol.com> wrote in news:3d989585 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> 1. You need to be a tourist
> 2. The tourists can delete it X_X

No, they can't. Tourists (and citizens without ED privs) can only delete
tourist property.

KAH

I can't wait

Sep 19, 2002, 4:01pm
"goober king" <gooberking at utn.cjb.net> wrote in news:3D89B100.7080000
at utn.cjb.net:

> *sigh* No one reads my sigs... :'(

Heh, it's because it's way down on the bottom. Copy it manually at the top
or don't top-post. Both will fix the problem.

KAH

AWNews.com Domain Name

Sep 18, 2002, 5:58pm
After a quick search of the USPTO TESS (trademarks), I found no trademarks
on "awnews" or "aw news", which means we might be able to register awnews
as a trademark, in which case they won't have much choice but to give it to
us. Thing is, this cost $325... So, if we can manage to do a bit of fund
raising and get this ammount, we might be able to get it back :-))

KAH

AWNews.com Domain Name

Sep 18, 2002, 7:56pm
"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> wrote in
news:3d88dcb7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> How was I wrong with this? That is exactly what this guy is doing, I
> don't think he's made too much money. Most Cyber Squatters register
> names that expire and were really popular. In hopes the owner will
> come back and increase their profit 500% (they register for $10 and
> charge them $50).

What's worse is that these people are completely stupid, because the site
was a non-profit, pennyless site run by volunteers, and frankly, with weak
page views (in terms of the web in general, very good for an AW site
though). It's obvious they wouldn't get their money. But since this seems
to be a subsidiary of register.com, the registrar, it doesn't cost them
anything (except the $35 Goober would've renewed with if they hadn't pulled
this trick).

KAH

AWNews.com Domain Name

Sep 18, 2002, 8:33pm
"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> wrote in
news:3d88fa20$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> AWNews is too general to be considered against the law. They could
> simply argue that they happened to buy that domain and would get by no
> problem.
>
> Quit bitching about it, just move on and quit bugging them. It's only
> a freaking domain anyway! It's your own damn fault for not renewing it
> in time.

AWNews.com is NOT general. News.com would be general, but AWNews is not.
There's lots of evidence that they bought it on purpose to try to resell it
to the original owner. It's bad ethics by the registrar to do this (I think
that the registrar and the squatting-company is the one and same), to
"punish" their users for not ordering long-term. They're bugging us, and
it's a domain which has become known in AW and that's, well, OURS. They
seem to show resemblances with our friend I-guess-the-rest by thinking that
their customers' property trusted in their hands is their property. The
point was that we were changing owners, and Cybor didn't know that they
would let him transfer it to someone else, so he thought the best would be
to let it expire so Goober could order it again after it had expired.
Register.com didn't want to tell when it would be up for sale again
(normally much later than in this case), and because it isn't like it's a
"hot" name, Goober didn't check every five minutes if it had been released.
Probably wasn't at all, just transfered onto the domain squatting
department anyway. Don't be such a newbie, Dion!

KAH

AWNews Domain

Sep 21, 2002, 10:19pm
"joeman" <joeman at bootdown.com> wrote in
news:3d8ba43b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> ? :o

We know what you did last summer...

KAH

best av ever!

Sep 22, 2002, 3:42pm
"ambivalent" <kersting at blast.net> wrote in
news:3d8deb5b$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I have just seen the most incredibly adorable av I have ever seen, and
> I am a real av lover. This one was just finished by Sonja. It's in
> Avason, and called 'babygirl' in the second half of the av list. I
> have never seen anything like it. Well worth a peek.
>
> Oh, if you've already seen Sonja's existing baby avs, this is not like
> them -- this one is different and very, very special. :)

Ahem, this should really have been in worldbuilders or general.discussion
:-))

KAH

Aw Video 4 Almost coming out

Sep 24, 2002, 6:38pm
"brock" <Brock at iceflare.net> wrote in news:3d90c69b$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Fat Chance.

Maybe Rick's feeling fat today and will give it a chance ;-))

KAH

Aw Video 4 Almost coming out

Sep 24, 2002, 8:00pm
"builderz" <sawran at yahoo.com> wrote in news:3D907CAC.78FBC7AB at yahoo.com:

> As for the AW3 video, it is very nice. However, I think you used that
> "exploding sphere" effect a bit too much. Also, other video formats
> besides WMV would be nice (DivX, QuickTime, RealVideo, etc). You
> should try and make some money by doing custom videos for people.

It would be neat to have it in formats like MPEG. I don't really like WMP
stuff and anyway my WMP libraries are broken so I can't watch it :-((

KAH

The Video4 is out!

Sep 26, 2002, 5:42pm
"goober king" <gooberking at utn.cjb.net> wrote in
news:3D92ECC0.8050700 at utn.cjb.net:

> Not sure what your English teacher is smoking but both ActiveWorlds's
> and ActiveWorlds' would be correct. If a noun ends in "s", you have
> the option of using the second "s" or not. Not using the "s" might be
> more proper, but no one's going to kill you if you do.

The way I know it, you have only the apostrophe when nouns (except names)
end in "s". When it's a name, you *always* have apostrophy-s, even if the
name ends in "s".

KAH

The Video4 is out!

Oct 2, 2002, 3:38pm
"swe" <swe at emptyco.com> wrote in news:3d9b1e25 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> accually, if im not corrected, it was a 30 second mentioning on click
> online. :)

No, it was featured in a show called "The future just happened". There's
some stuff about it on
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/programmes/2001/future/default.stm

You can watch the video (realplayer stream, needs RealOne crap player) too:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/cta/progs/01/future_just_happened/progs/outside.ram

KAH

KAH Town 2 year anniversary

Sep 27, 2002, 10:17pm
Wow, on October 6th KAH Town will be 2 years old! That's reason to
celebrate, so you're all invited for a Sunday with events in KAH Town :-))
I'll post details about the events and times soon.

In relation to the anniversary and the "cleaning" project I'm starting, I'm
launching a building contest. To get all the details, take a peak at
http://home.no.net/awphp/bcontest.html :-))

Greetings,
KAH
Mayor, KAH Town (AW 2222s 2143e 270)

PS. Winner(s) will receive prizes

KAH Town 2 year anniversary

Sep 28, 2002, 8:13am
"linn" <ironhead at digitalpassage.com> wrote in
news:3d95106b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> congrats KAH!! :-)

Thanks :-))

KAH

Deadly Shooting Spree In Montgomery County (In Maryland, USA)

Oct 15, 2002, 7:36pm
"chiklit" <chiklit at funetwork.net> wrote in
news:3dab9ac3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> that's not interially true my friend in Belgium said that it wasn't on
> the news untill the 7th shooting. Btw incase you haven't hear there
> have now been 11 shootings and 9 people dead.

I don't believe it got on the air here in Norway before today (9 dead
folks)...

KAH

New Browser

Oct 12, 2002, 1:19pm
"elysium" <colinl at ihug.co.nz> wrote in
news:3da710d4 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Anyone hear when new browser might be out seems the the new Aw is
> open to beta group now

Yeah, well informed sources say 3.4 will be released on January 23rd 2006.

KAH

New Browser

Oct 15, 2002, 7:37pm
"j b e l l" <jbell1983 at attbi.com> wrote in
news:3dabfea4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> odd how the rumor mill isn't flying this close to the browser's
> release? (that could be a hint.. ;-) guess you'll find out when you
> log on aw and see that there is a new version available)

Heh, 9 9 9 and Young Shamus could have a laugh by releasing a "new" version
of 3.3 ;-))

KAH

New Browser

Oct 17, 2002, 5:14pm
"pc hamster" <pchamster at msn.com> wrote in
news:3DADB6C5.7C16B73C at msn.com:

> I hope this is your idea of a BAD joke Kah... :-)
>
> Seriously though, I wonder what could be taking AWI so long to release
> 3.4
>
> Then too, maybe it's just me... :-)

Bah, it's a good joke ;-))

KAH

citizen restrictions

Oct 14, 2002, 12:01pm
"the game master" <zechariah4 at sprynet.com> wrote in news:3daaa4c9
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I've built a world in which I have restricted flying and going through
> things (other than other Avatars). However, it seems that other citizens
> can do both of these thins in my world.
>
> How can I stop this?

If they have caretaker privs or use the PPW of someone with caretaker,
they're excepted from restrictions like those. Other than that they'd need
to manipulate either the AW executeable (unprobable in 3.3+) or the data
from your world server. In the latter cases there's nothing you can do but
kicking them.

KAH

Playing THE GAME pays off!

Oct 15, 2002, 7:40pm
"brock" <Brock at iceflare.net> wrote in
news:3dab4066$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> and not general, community and especially wishlist
^^^^^^^
Uh, general.discussion is the place where it could be accepted, g.d is for
just this kind of (semi-)OT business...

KAH

Concerning The Game

Oct 17, 2002, 5:34pm
"the game master" <zechariah4 at sprynet.com> wrote in
news:3dad8f5b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> It has come to our attention that several posters to this group feel
> the need to bash our game for trying to inform the same of our game
> world and what is going on there.
><<snipped rest>>

I have nothing against you, your world nor your company, but I think you
have misunderstood the workings of these groups somewhat, thus behaving in
a way many of the regulars don't appreciate. It's completely cool that you
announced that your world had opened and what it was about, that's just the
point of this group. But that you then started posting news about it all
the time (winners, downtime info, etc) is not the point of these groups. It
only concerns you and your users, not the community in general (and
certainly not many of the groups you posted it to), and should not be
posted here (in general.discussion it's acceptable though). I think you
should consider opening a forum of your own on your website where you can
post news and noteables about the world instead of posting it here. We are
interested in that there's a new game world, introducing "solid" prizes
(nearly none of the games will get you things you can touch, but rather
virtual things you can use in AW, with the exception of the AW t-shirts and
some one-time events), but not in every little thing that goes on in it. I
hope this cleared things up a bit, and I hope you'll continue posting more
on-topic things here in the future :-)) Welcome to the groups!

KAH

Clee is in serious condition in the hospital:(

Oct 21, 2002, 2:16pm
Darn, that was uncool :-(( Hope Clee gets better soon!

KAH

Shame on the Cy Core/Committee...

Nov 3, 2002, 4:16pm
"j b e l l" <jbell at kmfdm.com> wrote in
news:3dc3ba3c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> <flame>
>
> My God People! This is a Message Board Not a Chat Room! What The Hell
> is With This Bleeding Off-Topic Thread! Freakin A! Take A Step Outside
> Once In A While!
> </flame>
>
> -Your Favorite Troll

Dude, don't start Capitalising Every Word In Your Posts! And my fav troll
is Eep ;-))

KAH

Donator?

Oct 31, 2002, 6:59pm
"absolute monarch" <Absolutemonarch at sapphireestates.cjb.net> wrote in
news:3dbf75b3 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Heh, im planning on using it as a prize..but the other 1 is p10/5...so
> then the prizes r unfair

Hmm, do I sense a problem with giving away borrowed worlds as prizes?

KAH

AWteen Maturity

Oct 31, 2002, 7:00pm
"ncc 71854" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> wrote in
news:3dbefb26$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> He didn't include you.

[AWNews] Put Up or Shut Up (long!)

Oct 31, 2002, 7:08pm
"wizard myrddin" <Hippyring at rdescape.co.uk> wrote in
news:3dbfd2de at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Hi GK
>
> Have you tried to send a message of help with phpnuke to the forums that
> deal with it?
>
> I know myself from running a community based on phpnuke the guys are very
> willing to help anyone to increase the flexability of this great portal.
>
> Best of luck with it

We use PostNuke, not PHPNuke (it's a fork of PHPNuke though), and the
problem is quite local to our database :-((. It seems the founder and coder
of AWN had fun hacking away at PN and it's DB structure so we can't use the
official PN upgrading tools to upgrade the DB. I decided to first make out
the differences between the old and the new DB by hand and write a
migration script, but since I'm a lazy freak and at the same time
overworked (due to school, that evil thing) I haven't actually done it ;-))
Perhaps I should do it now. Or perhaps I should play a game. Hmmm...
*wanders off*

KAH

Needed: C/C++ Programmers!

Nov 1, 2002, 7:44pm
"sw chris" <chrisw10 at skywalkeronline.net> wrote in
news:3dc2e4b7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Ok, there is a difference between a fight and a debate. The Gor thing
> so far has pretty much been a debate. :)

The kind of debate where the participants throw chairs at each other and
set fire to the room? LOL ;-))

KAH

Hey Everyone

Nov 1, 2002, 8:04pm
"ds saber mage" <brandon-smith at kc.rr.com> wrote in news:3dc1bd51$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Eheh.... i just got 3.4 beta and i kinda dont like it =o\ im trying to
> figure out how to switch back to aw 3.3 w/o losing my contacts or
> teleports... plz tell me a way i could!

If you're on beta, you're not allowed to do that. When you agreed/signed up
to be on the beta team, you accepted that there may be bugs and that you
would report them to the devs, not uninstall. If you're not on beta, you
shouldn't really have it anyway ;-))

KAH

Hey Everyone

Nov 3, 2002, 4:37pm
"technozeus" <TechnoZeus at techie.com> wrote in
news:3dc34038 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I'm not certain, but I think you're mistaken. If a person on the beta
> wants to go back to an earlier version there's no reason why they
> shouldn't be able to. I think it would be nice though if they sent in
> a formal request via e-mail to be removed from the beta team if they
> have no intention of testing the beta version, so that the developers
> know they have one less tester. Of course, it's not good to make them
> waste a lot of time changing who is on the beta team, so if you don't
> intend to provide useful feedback, it's best not to ask to be on the
> beta in the first place.

I'm annoyed by people who get on beta then back out because there are bugs
due to the fact that there are many people with experience in computing, 3D
technology and AW who are interested in helping out on the beta team who
are not let in. Not saying that all the beta team is a bunch of computer
illiterate newbies (certainly not!), and it's not good to have just
technical people on it, but you get the picture.

KAH

I Know 'Cos I Was There

Nov 3, 2002, 4:39pm
"gandalf" <Gandalf at madactor.co.uk> wrote in
news:3dc32fce at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I Know 'Cos I Was There
> by Gandalf
> [...]

Good one Gandalf! And Linn, don't be so black and white in your world
perception, a post doesn't need to take a "side"... Outsiders that come in
and read this must run away screaming, and think we're a bunch of crazy
freaks.

KAH

1  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  78  |