facter // User Search

facter // User Search

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  11  |  

AW Products Are Screwed...

Aug 3, 2001, 9:11am
news:3b68dc90 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Do not know anything of that,but I bought a world with a good credit card
> and my world expired a few weeks after it was bought.AW just decided to
> "steal" my world name and refund what I had payed for the world.They did
> never take in consideration that there was more involved to it than just
the
> world (upgarding to bigger server,buying a domain,getting custom
objects).I
> will take this matter to BBB and if needed I will have a lawyer looking
into
> this thing.

Take wwhat to the BBB?

I dont think you understand how those accounts were paid for in the first
place.

F.


>
> rc dodge viper <RC_DodgeViper at hotmail.com> kirjoitti
> viestissä:3b681019 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> its
my
is
> read
its
> now:
plus
> 2
IS
"Code
>
>

AW Products Are Screwed...

Aug 5, 2001, 3:00pm
news:3b6ad782 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hi,
> I got an email back from AW saying it was CC Fraud.. My friend had ordered
> all of it on his dad's CC though... Anyways he is trying to get it back.
> Well anyways something got messed up somewhere. Oh well.

See Kah? Thats what I was trying to tell you......not everything is a
conspiracy =P

F.

Activeworlds.com: New Website

Aug 3, 2001, 12:21am
$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Since Facter mentioned that he was working on a new site, I was wondering
when it will be open to the public. Apparently, when you said that you had
"a deadline" on Aug. 1 you didn't mean that the site would be up for then.

Maybe tomorrow -depends how the bug fixes all go in the morning =)

F.

>
> -Agent1
>
>

OFF TOPIC ATN. facter fire wall testing

Aug 3, 2001, 12:24am
> Hey facter i was wondering about the firewall beta testing i have replyed
to
> your emails but havent had a responce bac.
> I know from a previous post you have been backlogged on responding to
emails
> was just wondering what was going on with it?
>
> And to all thoose who will flame me for posting off topic in the wrong
news
> group i dotn think facter reads genral disusion much but he does read
> community

Everything was passed to Roland, the tihng is, is that we were looking for
beta testers for people that could *not* access AW in any way, but most of
the people tht wanted to be on the Beta test were people that already were
able to access AW from behind their firewall - thats not really what we were
after.

It is in Roland ball park anyways, all of that is up to him.

Facter.

>
>

OFF TOPIC ATN. facter fire wall testing

Aug 3, 2001, 3:40am
Argh! Its like constantly hitting your head againsta brick wall in here
sometimes !!!

Seriously!

Why?? God guys, you are all very intelligent, then why didnt you get why I
asked in here????

Because there are people in here that have firewalls at *work* or on *other*
systems that they *cannot* access AW from behind - we arnt after people that
have systems they CAN access it from behind, we are after the people that
might *also* have a system that they *cant access it from behind, like say a
wrk or coprotate computer?? that *know* the product and can help us out - we
have about two of them, and also, yes, I used the support email as well !

Man! somtimes you guys are impossible...think about things a little !!

F.

--
==================================
I am Drunk of Borg. Resistance is floor tile.
==================================
Facter - www.invurt.com
Tracks - www.mp3.com/facter
Pulseradio - www.pulseradio.net
AINC/Pulseradio/Teknology Corps (Aus)
==================================
[View Quote]

OFF TOPIC ATN. facter fire wall testing

Aug 3, 2001, 9:05am
> There there, it's all for the lovin' facter <pats him on shoulder> there
> there mate.
> Here have a break, have a kit kat...
>
> You might need a vacation me thinks...

awwww =)

You know, I have a five year old nephew that says the same kind of thing
when theres nothing else he can say in an argument where he gets beaten by
rationality... god he's so *cute* =)

F.

>
> --
> ====================
> www.anduin-lothario.com
> www.uswf.net
> ====================
[View Quote]

Re: Please Read

Aug 3, 2001, 12:16am
> No, maybe they are true and you're just scared of getting banned or your
> friends universe shut down and giving them a bad name?

Man, get over it already.

F.

>
> --
> ====================
> www.anduin-lothario.com
> www.uswf.net
> ====================
[View Quote]

Re: "Open Your eyes People..." (was Re: Please Read)

Aug 3, 2001, 12:21am
> Well then... It would appear that Gamer was indeed censored. Perhaps told
to say it was not based upon fact. I don't doubt a single
> word in that message, and if it disappears once more, we can only
assume...

There was no censorship - Gamer *emailed me* and asked for it to be removed,
because it was FULL of inaccuracies and blantant lies - there was NO
censorship, there was no "put u[p a retraction or you will be banned (what
do you tihnk we are anyways ???), except that which Gamer himself wanted
removed, which I am happy to do, because it what he posted was sheer
ludicrousy and blantant slander, lies and unfounded statements.

He emailed me privately about it, he asked me that he wished he hadnt posted
it because he realised he was speaking unfopunded rumour and heresay, and I
am more than happy to get rid of it,b ecause of those facts.

Eep, post it once more and you will be suspended from these newsgroups, it
is not something that Gamer wants public here and he wanted it removed, and
you need to respect his wishes. If you cannot respect your fellow
newgrouper's wishes, nor respect their dignity, then you have no place here,
understood ?

Facter.

[View Quote]

Re: "Open Your eyes People..." (was Re: Please Read)

Aug 3, 2001, 12:23am
> Well then... It would appear that Gamer was indeed censored. Perhaps told
to say it was not based upon fact. I don't doubt a single
> word in that message, and if it disappears once more, we can only
assume...

You can only assume its NOT there because he *asked* for it to be removed -
if you REALLY want reality, I will post the email he sent to me saying so -
get over it already okay?

Jeez...

Facter.

[View Quote]

Re: "Open Your eyes People..." (was Re: Please Read)

Aug 3, 2001, 2:56am
news:3b6a1b50 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Taken. However, it does hold itself in parallel to some experiences on the
citizenship level and some other posts I recall from the
> past few years. In particular with regard to Vectorscape... But it did
seem rather odd how the original (cancelled post's)
> timestamp was so much earlier than the retraction post. When I say
somthing stupid (Which I do quite often) I either weather the
> storm or post a retraction within minutes. As for who I think you are, at
times, I'm quite convinced that some of you are
> reincarnated dead dictators (Stalin, Hitler, etc) and members of the
Italian maffia.

He talked to me about it before he posted a retraction..he wanted me to
delete it right off the server -but people had already seen it, so I asked
if he was going to explain the disappearing post or just let us be the
victims of another "Hay, look, that post suddenly disappaeared - ceonsors!
now they REALLY have something to hide" bs, like you KNOW would of
happened - and he said, yep, I will be posting a retraction...

I hope thats understood - because if *I* had of said why it was deleted, you
wouldnt of believed me. IF it had of just *disappeared*, you would of
thought we were hiding something...as it was, gamer said he would post a
retration because he didnt want the thing up on the site, then, after he
did, we deleted it...

Theres no conspiracy..once again its very logical.

F.


[View Quote]

Re: "Open Your eyes People..." (was Re: Please Read)

Aug 3, 2001, 9:00am
> Facter,
>
> LMFAO, why don't you LOOK at what you are QUOTING before telling Eep not
to
> repost that message from Gamer... He wants it removed, no? Then why quote
> Gamers message in your reply?

Because it doesnt matter, all of this will be deleted by 10am this morning
anyways.

F.

[CU] Response to Citizens Union Proposal

Aug 8, 2001, 1:01am
> I'm sure he's referring to the conversation I had with him. One way to
implement custom avatars is to add a field to every citizen record that
allows people to specify a URL to grab the RWX file from. This would allow
avatars that people could change whenever they wanted to. AW already has all
of the code necessary to download, cache, and display avatars, so getting
them from a different location shouldn't be *that* hard. The only problem
that might occur would be with the additions to the citizen database and
uniserver->browser protocol. Without looking at AW's code, I can't know how
hard changes to those systems are.

See, those things are only *one* small part of the implementation of custom
av's, which, mind you, I am a great supporter at the company.

You forget so many other things, like policing of the avatars, poly counts
and how to make it so someone cant bring in an incorrect avatar, or an
avatar that has a flaw in it and causes everyone to crash on a badly
rendered model..etc etc etc - things like routines to put in the browser to
reject avatars, because surely you dont think we at the company should go
through an approve manually every avatar that gets submitted?...

Thats only one thing that needs to be put into place with custom avatars,
there are so many, many more...just letting people whack them in, sure, it
could probably be done without too much hassle I guess (im not a c
programmer, I dojnt know), but you also have to think of all the peripheral
things that go along with it. Taking all those things into account, you
start to get a very, very big undetraking....

F.

F.

>
> -Agent1
>
>
[View Quote]

AW Ear

Aug 13, 2001, 12:37am
Hmmmm...you should create an installer that detects if you have those
packages installed and if not does it in the installer..saves alot of time
and such =)

Nice one mate =)

F.

[View Quote]

Suspensions

Aug 14, 2001, 12:03am
> Because Fac is slow? Or maybe he just banned the IP instead of popping his
login.

Im not slow, he was supposed to be banned right after I did that post, I was
there with Tom when we did it - I think perhaps the reject list didnt build
properly or something, I'll fix it in the morning.

Lanezeri, if you continue posting and making a nuisance of yourself, then
you may have your suspension increased.

F.


[View Quote]

Suspensions

Aug 14, 2001, 12:04am
> Erm, are the warnings sent to the person via email? Because I don't
> recall ever seeing you warn Lane here in these NGs...
>
> Also, how is it that Lane was able to reply to this thread? Does the
> suspension not go into effect until the next day?

Dont know, something messed up, and, he was warned in the general group and
then promptly continued his comments, thus, he is being suspended.

F.


>
[View Quote]

Be on the lookout

Aug 14, 2001, 12:06am
Wow, that sounds really good - can we see some screenshots or something else
to take a look at your project ?

F.

> Hello netizens!!!
> (Holds up shield to deflect on-coming stones 8-)
>
> I'm posting in this newsgroup to alleviate some past concerns and
rumors
> that have been floating around about a project I'm currently working on.
For
> those of you who don't know me, I'm known as Cybernome. I use to be
> caretaker of COFmeta (the once again dead world of eternal night), not
that
> is matters much anymore. For the past few years I have been working on a
VR
> project that has now become known as the "Nexus Portal Infrastructure
> Project". This project is being developed in hopes of creating a more
> updated and feature-rich virtual reality browser similar to AW but far
more
> advanced.
>
> As anyone would guess, developing a project such as this takes lots of
> time and manpower to make it work as well as finances to get whatever is
> needed. In my recent endeavors to see this project to production, I have
> encountered many obstacles in my path. All seemingly intent on keeping me
> from completing this project. Well let me finish that statement with
(Naah,
> nah , nah ,nah ,Naaahhhh). You cannot stop the inevitable. And it is fate
as
> well as necessity that brought this project into being. So with great
> pleasure I would like to announce that I have been able to succeed in
seeing
> this project ready for production. I have also hooked up with some serious
> investors that will help to bring this system to market. So for all of you
> that thought it could never be, or that I would never make this project
> happen, Wake Up!!! cause AW is about to meet its match.
>
> Now I need to get some things straight. I'm not doing this to get any
> awards, to be a millionaire, or to even win fame. So get that out of your
> minds right now. For those who know me, know I'm am far from that line of
> thinking. My main intention is to create a system that will allow greater
> diversity of features along with a more efficient yet powerful interface
for
> the Net and its many, many, many features. I wished for years that AW
would
> have done this as did many or you readers (and they ,by all rights, could
> have...but I'm not flaming. Just an observation.) Anywho, I feel that we
> have, as a community, been driven to stay with mediocre software that is
at
> least 2 to 3 years behind current technology. Now not that this is so
> horrible that I would (like some it seems) get on the NG's and bust out
the
> flame thrower. But I do feel it have not been addressed enough by the
powers
> that be. Its like being stuck with not-so-great MS windows 95, and no
option
> of getting Windows2000, Linux or BeOS. A market with little to no
> competition makes for a lazy company. I know AWC works their behinds off
to
> keep their product up to par, but I'm a business owner and I know what it
> takes to make a successful product and from what I've been seeing in the
> past is the lack of competitive powers to force out better product
(dealing
> with competition of AW with other VR multi-user systems). Even the most
> feature rich systems out now like Blaxxun, Superscape, Flatland, etc,
still
> don't or can't directly compete with AW. Hence, there is no system in
place
> to "MAKE" AW get better. So in a certain aspect, this project will have
> ample benefits to the VR community, not just in function alone.
>
> Starting in the beginning of September, I will begin running a new
> company called Altered Reality Studios. (Yes, I'm not with Lazer Store,
Inc
> anymore for those who knew of me working there). I am focused on seeing a
> new technology come to pass called Conglomerating Technology. In short,
this
> simply means the incorporation of many technologies to make one new one.
The
> new system I'm developing will have the functionality of AW but will
include
> ton's of features such as Full screen, text-to-speech and voice
recognition,
> VR peripheral usage (datagloves, HMD's, force feedback devices, etc),
custom
> AV's (for upper-level memberships), hardware acceleration, dynamic
> digitalwallet (for secure e-commerce and personal information storage),
and
> many more. This will not be an eyecandy system by no means, but a
practical
> yet very interactive and fun way to use the Internet on the personal and
> corporate levels. I'm am also integrating what's called Grid Computing
into
> the Nexus system. This technology is used by many companies and
> organizations like Seti, Nasa, Boeing, DOD(Dept of Defense), Europe's
Power
> Companies and even IBM. This part of the project looks to be a very
> thrilling addition to the system. What this tech does is to spread out
> computing power or "Cycling" through distributed systems. Ultimately this
> distributed computing model (use of allot of computers to do one or
multiple
> functions) will allow the system to become faster and even more user
> friendly when more PC systems are connected into it. In turn, spreading
out
> the computing power will allow older legacy style devices and system as
well
> as the new hardware to use the system effectively regardless of
geographical
> location or system restraints (bandwidth, CPU speed, etc.). Unlike the
> resource hogging setup AW uses, the Nexus system will increase in speed as
> more users connect into the system.
>
> Now this is where I ask for your help. "HELP!!!". I will post a URL to
> the website's forum covering this project by the end of the week. The
forum
> will be open to anyone wanting to participate in this project, to put in
you
> ideas, or just to add your $0.02. Either way, the more people involved in
> this project, the more efficient I can make the program. I can't stress
> enough the importance this project will make on the VR community. Things
are
> really starting to accelerate and it's now just a matter of time before a
> tangible beta is ready for testing. Until then, hang in there just a
little
> longer. The Knight in shining armor is about to make his début.
>
> Do you think AW's main problem is that there is no market competition for
> them? I'd like to hear your comments.
> Email me at: cybernome at earthlink.net. Set the subject to: Nexus Portal
> Project
>
> Cybernome
> The virtual revolution is at hand!
> -----------------------------------------------------
> "Notice how life is like a sport? Yet most people don't have the skills to
> play so they just sit on the bench and wait for the end of the game."
> - Me
>
>
>
>

Why rebuild Cell database after crash?

Aug 18, 2001, 4:14am
> Come on AWC, you back up every night. That means you only lose a small
amount of building if you revert to backup instead of wasting
> everyone's valuable building time while you try to fix it. In fact, it
would appear that if you had reverted to last night's backup,
> less building time would have been lost in lost buildings than what you're
doing right now. Anyone agree? Disagree? Indifferent?
> Don't give a crap about Alphaworld?

Would you like it if you spent about ten hours making something, from 8am
til the afternoon, to only have the objects disappear on you? I dont think
so - also, do you know that in that time period you can have thousands upon
thousands of objects created within the world? Lets see, the backups are
done about 12am to 1am, then, everything from 12am til say, 5pm in the
afternoon when the world goes down is lost, thats SEVENTEEN hours of
building time - do you have any idea how many people build things in that
amount of time? Dont you ever watch the build number in AW increase at tens
of objects per second?? Its not really fair on the users who have put in so
much time and effort to their builds to jsut have them completely lost is
it? Or do you not care about anyone else and their efforts and creativity?

Personally, I do - and so does everyone else at the company, losing
something sucks, losing something you have sweated over for hours, sucks
even more. If caring about people losing their builds and creative
endeavours is wrong, then we are guilty as charged.

Facter.




>
>

What ever happened Factor?

Aug 22, 2001, 1:54am
> Whatever happened to that new website and all those new objects for
> public use? I thought it had a deadline of 8-1-01. Did I miss a new URL
> perhaps? Also, I have never heard back after applying for the new web
> ring. Is that dead too? Hope it's all going to be going good soon.


Any day now.....the dealdine was one for me, not a dealine for the site to
be up...and the objects stuff etc wont be on the initial website, all the
current stuff will be on there, but the cool stuff will be in an "expansion"
site claled my.activeworlds.com

I'm jsut trying really hard to get this one done, everything keeps changing
around ...

F.

What ever happened Factor?

Aug 22, 2001, 9:10am
> I applyed another site to be added, and I got the approval mail
yesterday...
> quite a few weeks since I applyed though, maybe you should get someone
else
> to admin the ring for you, Facter?


Umm, as it is not even yet up on the website, I havnt put any priority on
the webring Kah - my posting the link here was merely a preview for it, and
it isnt even active on the AW site yet, so I see no reason to be fast in
responding to it yet.

*shrugs*

F.

>
> KAH
>
[View Quote]

Departures.

Sep 10, 2001, 5:42pm
Gday all,

Well, by now alot of you have in one way or another heard that as of today,
I am no longer working for Activeworlds Corp.

Firstly, I know you will all look for some big conspiracy, but in all
honesty there is none, these things happen in business, and sometimes
decisions need to be made for the betterment of all parties concerned. For
some time now, I have been dis-satisfied with my work for the company, and
it all came to a head this week. There are alot of reasons for this
dis-satisfaction, some I am willing to discuss and some I am not - and the
ones that I am not willing to discuss are in all honesty water under the
bridge now, they change nothing.

When I first got over here to work for AW over a year ago, I gave up alot. I
moved here from another country, left a relationship I was involved in, and
generally dropped my life back home to come and work with this software.
Alot of you thought I was in some way selling out my values, or going to
work for The Man, but in all my time here, I always upheld the one thing
that was foremost in my mind - that I wanted to help the community of
Activeworlds, and that the sacrifice was worth it to see if I could help
make a difference in soe, small way.

And I have. I have helped so many people, I have done what I wanted to do,
and hat was to support you guys. Thats all it was ever about, thats all I
really ever gave a fuck about, and it was last night, when all of this was
going down, that there was one thought in my mind - and in all honesty, I
wasnt even thinking aobut ymself..it was "what do I tell the
community?"..because, I kind of feel like I might of done something right by
you...oh sure, I'm sure I pissed some of you off every so often (eep ;) ),
but all in all, I believe that I have done a good job by all of *you* - and
regardless of what has happened, that is the one thing that I can hold on
to, and keep foremost in my mind.

You guys are so fucking great. Your all so diverse, you all have such rich
personalities, or in some cases, inane ones, but you are what makes up
Activeworlds. From the strange, to the great hearted, the community of
people that I have been in touch with on a daily basis has at times
frustrated me, and at times greatly warmed my heart....blah, I dont know
what to say really, except thankyou.

So, its time to move on. This is but one part of a greater journey that I
wanted to embark upon last year, and it was only one stage of a grander plan
that I wanted to start. In some ways, I have been stuck, and it was with the
death of my best friend in May, that really began to make me realise that I
needed to try and get on with those plans...but I felt stuck, and alot of
that manifested in what has happened in these past few days.

I have alot of projects that I work on outside of AW. I work in internet
broadcasting, with a global dance radio station,t hat is really taking
off...I work in the "Rave" and electronic music community, doing various
things...I write alot...and I have the one passion that has over ridden alot
of my creative endeavours these past few years, and that is my own music ,
which is beginning to get noticed by a larger audience, and which I believe
may be the thing that needs to be fully explored.

I will still be around Activeworlds, I will still help people if I can,
albeit not as much..haha, and you might even see me popping up ina few
stranger places....the reason I am sticking and will stay in AW? I've
invested 5 years of my lfie into it. I love 3D VR. I love the community as
strange and cantankerous as it is...and I know that there are some *big*
things coming up in the future of the software, that I really want to be
involved in ;)

My private email and address is below, links to my online diary and to my
music (have a listen if you havnt already, you might actually like it) are
there....and, well, there not much else to say really, except thankyou,
everyone, for your support, your at sometimes bullshit, and for jsut being
the community of Activeworlds.

--
==================================
I am Drunk of Borg. Resistance is floor tile.
==================================
Facter - www.invurt.com
Tracks - www.mp3.com/facter
Pulseradio - www.pulseradio.net
AINC/Pulseradio/Teknology Corps (Aus)
==================================

Microsoft & Madonna Go! Go! Go! Go!!!!!!!

Oct 17, 2001, 12:57pm
[View Quote] rriiigghhhhttttt...hahahahaha

:)

F.

AW takes a dive (?)

Oct 26, 2001, 3:05pm
[View Quote] Actually it has been over 1000 after that show ran in the UK not too long
ago.

F.


>
> Sometimes on a Sunday night (which seems to be the busiest night) I see
> around 620 people online, which seems to have remained constant.
>
[View Quote]

3d homepages web page

Nov 22, 2001, 4:28am
Was gunna say, i spent ages making those damn pages compatible :)

F.

--
=================================================
I am Drunk of Borg. Resistance is floor tile.
=================================================
Facter - www.invurt.com
Tracks - www.mp3.com/facter
Pulseradio - www.pulseradio.net
AINC/Pulseradio/Teknology Corps (Aus)
=======================================================
Nu Breaks List Moderator - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nubreaks
To Subscribe, email nubreaks-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
=======================================================
[View Quote]

Eep Banned/Fix 3.2 Please

Dec 21, 2001, 11:03pm
>
>
> Actually, Facter was the one to hold the EepVote. I'm not trying to be an
ass here, just trying to keep Flagg's image right :)
>

He's annoying as hell, but hay, everyone wanted him around...

:)

F.

Eep Banned/Fix 3.2 Please

Dec 22, 2001, 6:35am
> My, how the tides have turned. ;P


Not really, its the same argument all over again actually :)

Oh, for those wondering, I'm still around AW :)

F.

Let me tell of a tale 'bout a man named George..

Jan 3, 2002, 7:33am
> Ugh.. Ok I'm retracting this. It's a fun read but I think Facter
convinced
> me to hang in there. If Rick knows what he's doing, then this is all a
very
> small part of a last-ditch effort to save AW! Just wait and you'll see.
> It's got about a 50/50 chance of happening I gather, so hope and pray that
> it does.
>
> Rick and everyone else... whatever this plan of yours is, it better work.
> The best of luck to all of you. Go get em!

I dont think its a lat ditch attempt - I did say though, that with the
market the way it is at the moment, that we just have to have faith in them.

I have faith in Rick, if its one thing that I learnt about him in the time I
worked for AW, and that is that he genuinely loves Activeworlds, and will do
whatever he can for it. Yes, I am also sure that this is probably only a
small part of it.

Just have faith in the driver, I'm sure he'll get us all to where we want to
go. If he doesnt, well, then its been a hell of a ride, right?

F.

Let me tell of a tale 'bout a man named George..

Jan 3, 2002, 7:49am
> Yes, facter enlightened a few of us that this is all part of a larger plan
> that "we should enjoy" if AW lasts long enough to see it through. For all
of
> you complaining, if you love AW enough money is no object, however if you
> think it is to much then leave, theres no compromise. Apparently this has
> been in planning for a few months, since Facter knows about it. He didn't
> give us any details, but I hope it works whatever it is. Rick has saved AW
> before and hes gonna do it again (hopefully).
>
> For all you AWCOM folks and the entire AW Community, good luck and
godspeed!


MMmmmm, well, I dont believe I said those words exactly, and nope, no
details, but you got the gist right - but as I said before, I do have faith
in their future plans, and I'll always be rooting for the continuance of
such an amazing peice of software.

Plan? Of course they have a plan. I know a small portion of it, but its no
secret theey have a plan - they are a company, and every company needs a
plan. If one plan fails, then they switch to another plan, and if the plans
keep failing, then try again, it the same old adage.

Something Moff said, makes me point out something which in talking to these
guys I should of made quite clear - I dont know the specific plan, and even
if I did then I would not, nor find it honorable to reveal what it was, or
even discuss details as to it. Even without my signature on an NDA I could
still not ever find it in me to tell any of you things which I know about in
confidence - it is ethically alien to me to even think of such a thing. But
I dont know any specific plan, so I think that perhaps there was some
confusion there - I know of what they *hope* to do eventually, and I know
parts of the overall game plan for the next year - of course,t his could of
changed, how do I know ? I'm jsuta normal member of the community now. See?
Feathers and all. I'm as surprised about the price increase as everyone
else, and I have no diea how it will actually pan out, but I do see why it
was installed in the first place, and I do understand alot of the motivation
behind it. Heck, I dont work there, nor privy to anything that goes on there
anymore, but I'd like to think that after working in the environment for a
year and a half that I get the gist, and I have high hopes for this
software. Really, really, high hopes.

Stick it out. Stay until your citz run out, and if the changes have been
made obvious by the time it gets to that stage, then pay the extra money per
month. If they havnt, and you remain skeptical of the future, or where the
company is heading, then dont pay up, its as easy as that. If you cant have
faith in the future of something that you claim to love so much, and cant be
bothered paying $2 a week to help sustain that thing that you love, then
hell, quit - no one will stop you, that is your perogative.

As for me, well, my working for them I hope was jsut a small portion of my
part in AW. Hell, I've been here since 96, and I'll be here ont he day it
gets shut down til the last minute. For what it is worth to Rick himself and
the rest of you, I think I will always in some way hold to the fact that
there is hope for the Activeworlds community as long as he is at the helm -
he is a kind, generous and genuinly loving man towards this software. You'd
have to be to invest as much time into it as he has, whether it is a job
with an income, or not.

There are some things, that money *cant* buy, and that is community - but it
sure as hell can help pay the rent.

F.

As sorry as I am to say it AW is screwed

Jan 5, 2002, 4:37pm
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_024A_01C195EC.BE55D080
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable


As mad as I still am, AW is in big trouble. Check the nasdaq
Click here=20

I am still mad and will not signup with them again unless things change =
but they still are in trouble.

Strange, the stock is up 30c since they made their announcement...idiot =
=3DP

F.

------=_NextPart_000_024A_01C195EC.BE55D080
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2712.300" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>As mad as I still am, AW is in big trouble. Check the nasdaq<A=20
href=3D"http://quotes.nasdaq.com/quote.dll?chart=3D99&amp;page=3Dcharting=
&amp;mode=3DSplitFrameset&amp;symbol=3DAWLD%60&amp;selected=3DAWLD%60"><B=
R>Click=20
here</A> <BR><BR>I am still mad and will not signup with them again =
unless=20
things change but they still are in trouble.<BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Strange, the stock is up 30c since they =
made their=20
announcement...idiot =3DP</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>F.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_024A_01C195EC.BE55D080--

New AW object set

Jan 8, 2002, 8:49pm
> You just gave me an idea. What AWC could do to help people get more
> interested is to start an entirely new world. No more AW crap, start a new
> world with an incredible amount of space and tons of new objects. GOOD
> objects, not the new crap. That would be awesome. Everyone would race for
it
> to grab areas closer to GZ and stuff. Even them letting me know they're
> working on one and give us some preview shots of new objects to be added
to
> it and all to get us fired up about it would be great. AW has just gotten
so
> old, the majority of the objects are many years old!

Those objects *were* supposed to be for a new world...I dont understand why
they put them into AW at all in all honesty, not sure what they were
thinking there...

I was quite looking forward to a whole new world to build in, that wasnt a
messy mesh of ancient objects and new objects...plus new av's, and all that.
Well, thats what they were meant to be for, who knows why they didnt
implement them that way :(

I am a bit disappointed by this, maybe they will introduce a whole new
building world really soon - they really need one...AW is a great world, but
it is archaic - ie, a wonderful museum peice, but just adding all the new
objects into AW that were supposed to be for a new world... too bad *sigh*

F.

[View Quote]

New AW object set

Jan 9, 2002, 5:08am
> Now that you mention, you're right, they were for a supposed new world. We
> even saw like 5 screenshots of them. It was the world with the high detail
> avatars, that they spread across the various 3d worlds. I wonder what
> happened, I guess it was a desperate tactic. :)

Yes, it wasnt a secret - it was on the awnews site and everything, with
screenshots and what they wanted to do with it etc etc...if it hadnt been a
public fact already, I would never of mentioned it.....

...but it was a public fact, and I just wonder why it wasnt made into a new
building world, like it was meant to be. As I said, I am a bit disappointed,
but, they must have their reasons :)

F.

>
> Anyways, a new world would be nice for a lot of reasons at the moment. But
I
> can see how it can be abandoned just like every other AWC world in
existence
> without a lot of pitching for Alphaworlders to leave Alphaworld and
> congregate in the new world. A crowd attracts a crowd in AW, rarely does
one
> public building world get more builders on a normal day unless they
already
> had 40 to begin with, unless there was a party or some other reason. It's
> really a game of follow the mob in AWC worlds, which is disappointing, you
> can't travel very excitingly.
>
> Nornny
>
[View Quote]

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  11  |  
Awportals.com is a privately held community resource website dedicated to Active Worlds.
Copyright (c) Mark Randall 2006 - 2022. All Rights Reserved.
Awportals.com   ·   ProLibraries Live   ·   Twitter   ·   LinkedIn