byte me // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  |

A small problem... (acutally 2 or 3)

Jan 8, 1999, 12:50am
Ok I have "aw.h" included in my teleport dialog for my bot but when it
calls the aw_state_change(); it returns no errors but doesn't make the
bot move and the exit button acts like its the login button if you need
any code please contact me...

SDK Question...

Jan 12, 1999, 1:21am
Does the SDK have file transfer support?

SDK Question...

Jan 12, 1999, 9:16pm
Lets say a person requests a file from the bot, the bot gets hte persons
session number and ask for authorization to send the file and if the
user accepts the bot will than send the file from a preset directory on
it's server...

[View Quote] > From where to where?

> Someone was asking about how to implement this in the past. I believe
> we decided that you would have to build your own logic which would
> depend on from where and to where you were transferring.

[View Quote]

SDK Question...

Jan 13, 1999, 1:30am
Well 2.1 has file transfer

and yes the server is the computer the bot is hosted on...

What I was saying it will request your fielt rasnfer session # than get that
number and send the file to you through aw...

[View Quote] > "from a preset directory on its server" would be the machine that the robot is
> on but you didn't say where it is going to.
>
> An avatar is someone's PC with the AW browser on it. If that is the case then
> a program on that PC must have the file transfer capability. If you have an
> FTP server then the robot could conceivably connect to it and send a file to
> you.
>
> Alternatively, if you have an FTP client, which is more likely, then you can
> run it and connect to the robots machine which could be running an ftp server,
> but with this setup the whole avatar authentication stuff is a waste of time.
>
> Other than that I don't have any ideas. Sorry.
>
> Oh, I hope you weren't insulted by my stupid question?
>
> Edward Sumerfield.

[View Quote]

SDK Question...

Jan 13, 1999, 11:03pm
See what I was thinking say you develope a game but don't want people to
have to download a extra SDK for it they could request it from the bot
or something... but you never know... I like the idea of the bot being
able to recieve files making for a good FTP client within aw :)

[View Quote] > Thats the point, Edward. The Beta AW2.1 Browser does implement a file
> transfer. The SDK, which is supposed to be at "2.1" level as well,
> does not offer anything like this. Since Filetransfer "inside" of AW
> will become regular as soon as 2.1 is released, It would be nice if a
> bot could participate in File Transfer as well. Think of having an ftp
> like session (say in whisper mode) to the bot. I could think of quite
> some possibilietes and services, but the exact protocol specification
> would be needed, OR sdk support for it. Walter ps: Edward I am amazed
> that you kept explaining things to Mr.
> Baud-IfIDontUnderstandAQuestionIGetPersonal-Walker
>
> Edward Sumerfield schrieb in Nachricht
> <369CE6EA.B08F1FEB at poboxes.com>...The only issue with the
> bot program being both the receiver and sending of a file is
> that the line utilization from the bots computer will be
> high. If you are on a 28kbps like me the bot would thrash
> the line a little.
>
> I believe the problem comes with knowing what is the "AW
> Client File Transfer" protocol, interface?

[View Quote]

SDK Question...

Jan 14, 1999, 11:49pm
It'd be nice if you could set a a group of citizens numbers hwo could access the file
server than you send a file to the bot and if your # matches you get the ok it recives
the file and lets say you wanna have some kind of coding system that tells the bot
which directory to upload on the object server you would put a symbol at the start
like

at = avatars
_ = objects
! = textures
# = sounds
% = sequnces

exp.

at bytetheav.zip
!green.jpg
!greenm.zip

and so on :)

[View Quote] > you know, it would be wonderful if you could setup a bot as a file-server, like in
> IRC .. ..would make some things ssoooo handy =)

[View Quote]

Bots vs 'usual' Avatars

Feb 15, 1999, 4:38pm
It is close to imposible for Roland to put collision detection into the
SDK its self because he will have to allow the SDK to retrieve object
paths which could be used by hackers or object stealers to get the
address to a worlds object server, and plus there is cases when you do
not need collision detect, but others you do...

[View Quote] > Seems the SDK could be improved ? ;-) /Baggis

[View Quote]

Bots vs 'usual' Avatars

Feb 15, 1999, 8:16pm
Well I tried using the SDK's AW_WORLD_OBJECT_SERVER and it returned anm
empty stirng until I put it in a world I had caretaker in... Roland did
this to protect people, and no you can not see the server in AW either,
you could back in 1.2 and lower...

[View Quote] > Interesting. It was my understanding that it was the browser that made
> the connection to the worlds object server so it is very easy to find
> its address just by entering the netstat -an command at the
> appropriate time.
>
> AW Browser --- ( login ) ---------------------> Universe server
> AW Browser <-- ( worlds list ) ----------------- Universe server
> AW Browser --- ( get world IP and port ) ----> Universe server
> AW Browser --- ( enter world ) --------------> World server
> AW Browser <-- ( object information ) -------- World server
> AW Browser --- ( connect to web server -----> Object server
> AW Browser <-- ( GET object ) --------------- Object server
> AW Browser --- ( disconnect ) ----------------> Object server
>
> So, anyone, even object stealers, should have no problem in their
> theft, even without the SDK. I didn't even realize this was a problem.
>
> In some worlds you can see the object server name in the
> Settings->World mennu option.
>
> Collision detection is possible for the SDK but it will be some time
> coming I think. Once this version is stable and released then I would
> be interested in seeing the list of prioritized enhancements.

[View Quote]

MFC and aw_wait()?

Feb 15, 1999, 10:20pm
Ok I've been working on a program, and when ever I call aw_wait(); the
program locks up for the amount of time I entered in the aw_wait, anyone
know how I might fix this?

MFC and aw_wait()?

Feb 15, 1999, 11:55pm
What do you mean?

I have to call it for 10000 ms...

[View Quote] > Call aw_wait() for 0 ms.

> Rjinswand

[View Quote]

MFC and aw_wait()?

Feb 16, 1999, 4:06pm
I need the 10 second wait because it changes an object ever 10
seconds...

[View Quote] > Why do you have to do that? A 10 second wait is a long time. All this
> call does is wait for events from the world you are in. A call of 0 ms
> will check for events once and then return. A call for 10 seconds will
> sit and wait for events to arrive.
>
> There is almost no difference between calling aw_wait(0) every second
> for 10 seconds or calling aw_wait(10000).
>
> Personally I use 1 second polls and make changes to avatars at that
> interval to ensure that each change will get propagated to other
> browsers. Of coarse I am not using MFC and have no other blocking
> calls in my program.

[View Quote]

MFC and aw_wait()?

Feb 16, 1999, 5:27pm
Yes but aw_wait(); locks up a MFC program... so I have to use SetTimer()
and in the WM_TIMER I have aw_wait(0);

[View Quote] > Then use a 1 second wait and add a counter that counts to 10. When it
> reaches 10 change the object.
>
> int count = 10;
> while (aw_wait(1000)) {
>
> if (count == 0) {
>
> change object
> count = 10;
> }
> count--;
> }
>
> If that is too long then make it a 1 milli second wait and count to
> 10000.

[View Quote]

in-AW object creation/editing?

Mar 21, 1999, 3:52pm
Do what I do use a seperate e-mail :) and if you have 2 phone lines enter the
secondary :)

[View Quote] > I could try to make a modular ground making program if I had some more time
> and access to an object path of a world, and some info about how modular
> ground should be done... The first problem should be solved in a week or so
> when I finished my 4th set of school tests. The second one however is
> somewhat more of a problem. I could try to get another trial world, though.
> You think they would let me have one, since I already had one a few months
> back?
>
> Rolu

[View Quote]

RC303?

Aug 10, 1999, 4:40am
RC_TOO_MANY_BYTES means area full :)

[View Quote] > Obviously, you were using too many bytes =P
> Try reducing the size of your data =)
>
> FYI : data type sizes :
>
> char : 8 bits
> short int : 8 bits
> int : 16 bits
> long int : 32 bits
> float : 32 bits
> double : 64 bits
> long double : 80 bits
>
> That's about all I can say, cause that's about all you can do.

[View Quote]

RC303?

Aug 10, 1999, 4:23pm
Like I said RC_TOO_MANY_BYTES = area full :)

[View Quote] > We're talking about 32 bit programming here...

> short int = 16 bits
> int = 32 bits
> long = 32 bits
>
> short int has always been 16 bit and
> long int has always been 32 bit...
> its just that the size of an integer changed from 16 bits
> to 32 bit when moving from 16 to 32 bit programming...
>
> Walter aka Faber
>
> Andon M. Coleman <gizmo98 at earthlink.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
> 37af46bc.0 at homer...

WARNING: IMPORTANT

Apr 1, 2002, 4:36pm
It isn't a hoax.

As the owner of Axis, the passwords posted yesterday (now removed I
believe), had Axis in the list.. the password was indeed correct. The
password is outdated now of course, as the password is a month old. I have
since closed the world and I am changeing things. Eventually I hope to have
a better and more secure way of protecting my objects outside the
activeworlds browser.
[View Quote]

Python SDK?

Dec 18, 2003, 3:05am
If you're making this on Windows, you can use the so called "VB SDK" to work
with it. The thing here is that the VB SDK is really COM and can be used by
ANY language that supports COM. :)

[View Quote]

PHP SDK

Mar 18, 2004, 6:24pm
Well, the one AWI used to make their 3d Homepage system was actually what
most would call the "VB SDK" (http://www.grimmsoft.com/aw/sdk/ get the
AwSdk2). You load it through PHP's COM interface. You'll need windows to
run the AW SDK in PHP using the COM interface. Since the SDK is designed
only for windows, even if there was an actual AW SDK extension for PHP, it'd
be Windows only.

[View Quote]

PHP SDK

Mar 19, 2004, 6:56pm
Problem with the COM is that you have to define all the variable names such
as AW_BUILD and AW_AVATAR_X... :(
[View Quote]

bot grams

Apr 4, 2004, 1:53am
Should research before you make dumb replies. :P
http://www.activeworlds.com/sdk/aw_botgram_send.htm

[View Quote]

bot grams

Apr 4, 2004, 1:54am
That reply was intended to be towards the reply Bowen made, OE is being
stupid. :)

[View Quote]

WARNING: IMPORTANT

Apr 1, 2002, 4:36pm
It isn't a hoax.

As the owner of Axis, the passwords posted yesterday (now removed I
believe), had Axis in the list.. the password was indeed correct. The
password is outdated now of course, as the password is a month old. I have
since closed the world and I am changeing things. Eventually I hope to have
a better and more secure way of protecting my objects outside the
activeworlds browser.
[View Quote]

A wish or two

May 29, 1998, 8:43pm
Ok well I got some feature ideas

#1 a flaoting tab window when you have tabs shut off kinda like ICQ

#2 having the choice of having the avatar actions in a pulldown menu or
on the bar like usual

#3 a little seperator bar command in the avatars.dat so you can seperate
your avs by type

A wish or two

May 31, 1998, 2:55am
Heres another idea
why not have another tyab called avatars which has the list of the avs
you click on the av ot use it double click it to view it in a seperate
render window so you can see what it looks like and puts a stoop to the
question what do I look like?
[View Quote]

A wish or two

May 31, 1998, 4:05pm
Thats what I said Dthknight put the avs list in the tabs than yuo click
the av to use it doule click for a windoiw that pops up that allows you
to view it form all sides
[View Quote]

A wish or two

May 31, 1998, 5:16pm
Yes a pop-up would would work too we could have a preview under that
menu
[View Quote]

One Wish

Jun 5, 1998, 1:30am
Roland can you make VRML scaling work on avs too?

Idea

Jun 6, 1998, 12:25am
why not have a allow tourist option in the worlds option? if it is off
tourists can't get into your world! :)

Idea

Jun 6, 1998, 1:38pm
Yes very very very true
We can sratch the idea and a ban list which can be very useful incase
theres someone who keep causing trouble in your world and ejection
doesn't work to keep them out
[View Quote]

I wish....

Jun 7, 1998, 2:14pm
I don't even use alt I just print screen
[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  6  |