e n z o // User Search

1  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  |

Movie / AW Ratings...

Sep 2, 2004, 1:31pm
You have a very nice world and I am sure the rating describes it best...
since it is G, it would show to everyone, always no matter where they had
their rating limit set. And "G" does not only mean under 12 (to me at
least) I am way more than 12 but I still thought "Finding Nemo" was great!
:)

Movie / AW Ratings...

Sep 2, 2004, 7:49pm
Hi Ciena,

If your question is for me to answer, it isn't my call. It really is up to
you to decide. I'm sure you know best.

Oh and BTW you have some very nice worlds whatever the rating is :)

Movie / AW Ratings...

Sep 3, 2004, 1:20pm
In our case they would charge. We did look into it. Of course we could
rate it with the same letters... but we couldn't use the logos and icons nor
could we refer to their site. It seemed that it would only make it more
confusing...

Maybe we could do like Eudora and use hot peppers....

Problem with AW regarding huge links..

Sep 10, 2004, 11:52am
And I believe Chris has it so that it truncates rather than crash the
browser if it is larger than 999

Problem with AW regarding huge links..

Sep 15, 2004, 3:39pm
have you ever tried to send infinite bytes?

Bram Vermeulen

Sep 7, 2004, 12:24pm
Our sympathies *qrv*

Tropical Storm Frances

Sep 7, 2004, 12:20pm
huh? Reads like a bottle of Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap....

AFantasy World's 2004 Building Contest & Halloween Party!!!!

Sep 10, 2004, 11:50am
Wow!

MR wins the "GLUM" PRIZE!!!

"We'll never make it"

An idea about AW celebrating 10th anniversary...

Sep 15, 2004, 3:34pm
huh?

An idea about AW celebrating 10th anniversary...

Sep 15, 2004, 3:34pm
wha?

An idea about AW celebrating 10th anniversary...

Sep 15, 2004, 3:35pm
I rarely understand what you are talking about...

An idea about AW celebrating 10th anniversary...

Sep 15, 2004, 3:36pm
really?

An idea about AW celebrating 10th anniversary...

Sep 15, 2004, 3:38pm
This is a great idea...

and what about a contest for the citizens where they would write what they
think the next ten years would bring?

A.W. 2004 Economic Report (Final Revised Edition)

Sep 15, 2004, 3:32pm
Physical location is Cambridge MA

VIRUS or real?

Sep 15, 2004, 3:30pm
Definitely not sent by AW

Interesting discovery....

Sep 16, 2004, 5:06pm
just an experiment... I think Shamus found the command inscribed inside a
cave...

info you find when bored..

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C4A171.228C8F70

Congrats to anyone who didn't sell their stock at the lowest!

[View Quote] Um, it was the shareholder who WANTED the Activeworlds Corporation =
to sell=20
off their Active Worlds business to Rick Noll and JP McCormick =
simply=20
because they didn't think Active Worlds business is good for making =
money.=20
So it's pretty much that the shareholders are far more GREEDY than =
Rick and=20
JP, thus prompting them to sell off Activeworlds business off and =
forget=20
about it because it doesn't just make lot of money. It's good thing =
Active=20
Worlds are back in Rick and JP's hand since Rick has been in AW =
since 1995=20
and JP in 1998 and they knew exactly how much Active Worlds has to =
offer=20
whereas shareholders has no clue what the hell Active Worlds is. In =
other=20
word, it's back in hands of our folks. Besides, wasn't the =
shareholder the=20
reason Maxis, the maker of SimCity and The Sims games, sold to =
Electronic=20
Arts simply because they were good business but failing because of =
bad=20
managment pressured by shareholders to make more money which =
resulted in=20
productions of various games that failed to generate significant =
profits and=20
et cetera. See http://www.gamespot.com/features/maxis/index.html for =
more=20
information about Maxis history. Shareholders are the worst ones in =
the=20
company. ;)=20
--=20
Legion=20
Chairman of Rockford Township, Phin County, Alphaworld=20

[View Quote] >=20
=
topic=20
=3DA=20
and you=20
above 2.0=20

a=20
connection=20
any=20

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C4A171.228C8F70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Congrats to anyone who didn't sell their stock at =
the=20
lowest!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>E</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"vera" &lt;<A href=3D"mailto:pove at rcn.com">pove at rcn.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:4152CC69.64019279 at rcn.com">news:4152CC69.64019279 at rcn.com</A=
>...</DIV>Hey=20
legion you are doing your home work huh!!!!!!!!!!!!! mamma mia:)=20
[View Quote] <BR>reason Maxis, the maker of SimCity and The Sims games, sold to=20
Electronic <BR>Arts simply because they were good business but =
failing=20
because of bad <BR>managment pressured by shareholders to make more =
money=20
which resulted in <BR>productions of various games that failed to =
generate=20
significant profits and <BR>et cetera. See <A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.gamespot.com/features/maxis/index.html">http://www.gam=
espot.com/features/maxis/index.html</A>=20
for more <BR>information about Maxis history. Shareholders are the =
worst=20
ones in the <BR>company. ;)=20
<P>-- <BR>Legion <BR>Chairman of Rockford Township, Phin County, =
Alphaworld=20
[View Quote] &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;going to NetBroadcaster.com i would not =
even=20
known AW had any <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;connection =
<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;to it =3D\ <BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt;=20
&gt;</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C4A171.228C8F70--

Events confirmed so far....

Sep 27, 2004, 1:08pm
We "seamlessly" upgraded the objects machine last week to a much
bigger-better-faster server. We are fixing the problems as they come up.

Thanks for your patience

Alpha World OP is gone

Sep 27, 2004, 12:58pm
"That's what I'm trying to tell you, kid. It ain't there it's been totally
blown away."

Han Solo

[View Quote]

Alpha World OP is gone

Sep 27, 2004, 12:59pm
"Destroyed. By the Empire!"

OBK

[View Quote]

Alpha World OP is gone

Sep 27, 2004, 5:53pm
yep

:P

[View Quote]

Alpha World OP is gone

Sep 28, 2004, 12:28pm
"It'd take a thousand ships with more fire power than I've..."

Han Solo

[View Quote]

AWI.......

Sep 27, 2004, 12:55pm
We upgraded the objects server last week to a newer, faster machine.
Obviously, there was a glitch over the weekend and we are looking into it.

Thanks for your patience

build 557--huh?

Oct 4, 2004, 12:47pm
me too...

http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/aw36.html

AW Cell Date Limit Increase

Oct 6, 2004, 7:43pm
We increased the cell data limit in AlphaWorld today. The new setting is
LARGE! Use it wisely :)

AW Cell Date Limit Increase

Oct 7, 2004, 11:40am
heh... not just me ... it was a team decision :)

Program upgrades

Oct 8, 2004, 12:46pm
Thanks for the response Anduin.

I thought 3.6 was pretty significant myself and it JUST CAME OUT!

But... let me say a few words about upcoming releases just to
appease/confirm/alienate people who didn't think it was so significant and
find streaming media trite. We are currently working with an alpha
(inhouse) version of a new release. It is not called "4.1" or "4.x" at this
point (no matter what Strike might tell you. We are also patching and
fixing small issues with 3.6

The new release will not be in beta for several months. When it does go
into beta I am sure we will let you all know cuz it will be very cool :)
We will probably post some of the new features we are working on in the next
few months (but some of the rumors/wishlist items already expressed here are
true or at least likely).

That being said I am sure that as soon as our next release comes out someone
will say, "when we will see any significant upgrades to the ActiveWorlds
program?" (always cracks me up : )

and BTW... when I tried out THERE recently I thought it was cool for about 5
minutes, then I spent all my $$$ on a new hairdo and went to the beach, you
know the WATER is a FLAT SOLID PANEL??? I think I might write THERE about
adding some significant upgrades!!!

:P

Program upgrades

Oct 8, 2004, 1:10pm
Heh... I tried but I got ejected!

LOL

Program upgrades

Oct 8, 2004, 1:46pm
heck... where do you think i got the idea

:P

Program upgrades

Oct 8, 2004, 2:52pm
BTW the namecalling posts have been deleted, responders will be locked out

1  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  |