.sharon // User Search

1  2  3  4  |

Key Accelerators

Jul 25, 2004, 6:02pm
Excellent suggestions.

BRO is in the hospital.

May 19, 2004, 8:21pm
Hi everyone,

To all who know BRO and wish to leave a get will card/build ; there is an
area set up for him in AW 8267s 1019e. He underwent a cath operation on his
heart today. I spoke to him later this afternoon and he is recovering and
in good spirits. He will be home in a few days.

Thank You,
Sharon / ORB

BRO is in the hospital.

May 19, 2004, 9:53pm
Thank you WM he is so happy knowing his AW friends care about him. So many
have shown they do. :o)

[View Quote]

BRO is in the hospital.

May 20, 2004, 9:58pm
BRO is home! He was very anxious to get back home and to AW too. They
couldn't keep him away for long. He was in AW for a short while this
afternoon. Still weak and taking everything slowly, he has been resting
this evening, but will be online again around 11:00 PM VRT if you'd like to
say hello. Thank you to everyone for being supportive.

[View Quote]

Lady NightHawk Stuff..

May 26, 2004, 9:47am
Hi LNH,

I believe your "skybox sets" are actually basic panoramas. Skybox sets are
usually atleast 5 or 6 textures in a set that go on a cube model. Unless
you're just displaying the set in panoramic style on your page?

Sharon

Lady NightHawk Stuff..

May 26, 2004, 8:57pm
Has a lot of depth. Looks great !

Sharon

Re: CY Results?

May 26, 2004, 9:34am
XelaG I have been reading the NGs don't worry about that. Any damage to
Seiya was done to herself by herself. We're just defending our community.

[View Quote]

What if ? .....

Jun 6, 2004, 9:00pm
Laughing myself silly ! :-)

[View Quote]

Come on, this is getting ridiculous.

Jun 15, 2004, 9:13pm
Who cares how the date appears. Nothing wrong with being a little
ambidextrous. Eat, drink, and learn something. I was use to measuring in
inches , feet and yards before I went to pre-school. In school I learned
about other ways of measuring. See me freaking out about it now? Does
someone want to be the math God ? Is that it? Ah Huh Ah Huh !

[View Quote]

Come on, this is getting ridiculous.

Jun 15, 2004, 11:01pm
63,360 inches = 1 mile
Yet, in some cases, you give someone inch they take a mile.

Even more precisely and according to an English woman, Miriam Webster, an
inch is :

1 : a unit of length equal to 1/36 yard
2 : a small amount, distance, or degree <is like cutting a dog's tail off by
inches -- Milton Friedman>
3 plural : STATURE, HEIGHT
4 a : a fall (as of rain or snow) sufficient to cover a surface or to fill a
gauge to the depth of one inch b : a degree of atmospheric or other pressure
sufficient to balance the weight of a column of liquid (as mercury) one inch
high in a barometer or manometer
- every inch : to the utmost degree <looks every inch a winner>
- within an inch of : almost to the point of

[View Quote]

Come on, this is getting ridiculous.

Jun 16, 2004, 1:30pm
My ancestory is French which I can happily trace back to 1640 France. I'm
American born, as were my parents and grandparents, yet my great
grandparents are from Canada. OH NO !!!!! I have this French blood... Good
heavens !

[View Quote]

Heres to blubean!

Jun 15, 2004, 5:40pm
I agree. The Beans is a super place to build. I just finished a little ORB
gallery there and was so thankful for the space and the different object
path. Thank you bluebean !

..Sharon/ORB

[View Quote]

Re: Come on, this is getting ridiculous.

Jun 15, 2004, 5:36pm
XelaG , Computers do not think.

As I read the NGs daily I have to add:

I"m tired of how you have been treating us here for the longest time, but
especially lately, finding ways to have public political debates where you
always lash out and complain about the USA. Now this date thing you are
endlessly going into a conniption about and oh how petty your arguments have
become. You have resorted to reducing yourself in my eyes and those of
others from an intelligent person with some wit to this argumentative person
with little input but obvious prejudice and hatred.

Therefore, as a concerned citizen of AW, the USA, and the Nation, I'm
requesting that you stop poisoning our minds, the minds of my children and
everyone else's here with your hate campaign. It's not only abusive but
it's getting excruciatingly antagonistic. I don't want to come to my NGs
each day and listen to this anymore. I trust that you do indeed think and
understand the reasoning behind my request.

[View Quote]

Re: Come on, this is getting ridiculous.

Jun 15, 2004, 9:01pm
Where have you been ? I've been reading this NG everyday religiously for
years upon years. I've never once in all these years posted in regards to
how I feel on this matter. BUT I JUST HAVE TO GET THIS OUT NOW> So often
XelaG's posts are USA bashing. If you haven't noticed then you're head is
buried deep in the sand. Either that or you are new to the Newsgroups.

On the subject of abuse of my country I will say without fail I will defend
my homeland. I was born here, I have lived in the USA 43 very good years, I
plan on many more wonderful years, and I will die here. Yet, I have never
brought my love for my country nor my feelings about other countries into
the NGs. Active Worlds is where everyone unites on equal terms as a
community transcending borders and cultural prejudices.

I can't believe my eyes. A man who claims to have it all together. To be
intelligent------- makes his day better by bringing everyone else down with
his griping and offensive attacks on my country all for what reasons? XelaG
you come to NG for what reasons anymore? You better get this understood and
now. There is NO perfect country on this earth. No perfect leader. No
perfect person. I do NOT come to AW to have political fights with your
country, with your mother, nor with you XelaG. SO GET OFF THE USA ATTACKING
TRIP!

No one said the world revolves around the USA! LOL at you for interpreting
my cries for some peace in such a twisted way. Another thing: I know it's
not only my NGs but the Newsgroups are MINE TOO! If it's mine too then it
belongs to me ALSO. Which makes it also MY NGs. How's that for logic and I
thought of that without a computer.

Why do you encourage prejudice and hate mongering in the Newsgroups.
Wouldn't you much rather be enlightened with something more productive? I
thought so. Have a nice day too.

Sharon

[View Quote]

Re: Come on, this is getting ridiculous.

Jun 16, 2004, 11:17am
No you don't XelaG, otherwise you'd stop putting US down and yourself high
on that pedistal in the sky.

[View Quote]

Re: Come on, this is getting ridiculous.

Jun 17, 2004, 10:58am
CD, I'd like to hear you say some nice things about the USA.

[View Quote]

ENZO please delete this thread.

Jun 17, 2004, 4:09pm
You get a life pal!!!!!! If you would realize the meanings behind the words
you might have not kept this aggravation going. I'm thinking your lack of
education is the reason.

But you want to flame on huh? They've been going on at these same old
barnyard bantering games for ages when they can't get their way...and I for
one (of many) AM NOT PUTTING UP WITH IT ANYMORE! You might think it's
harmless to turn the Newsgroups into a warzone but I think it's time to
stop! When this thread started out it was about AW being down briefly and
flared up as it so often does into a political war by an inane "same old,
same old" few.

Now stop wasting my time I have better things to do. I wish you'd find
something better to do and for the rest of you who don't know what the word
peace means here's a URL for you: www.webster.com .

Have a nice day!

Sharon

[View Quote]

Re: ENZO please delete this thread.

Jun 17, 2004, 9:52pm
LOL Alex ! You think you are going to tell me not to read and post in the
NGs.

Yes , behaving maturely is the initiating phrase here.

[View Quote]

money

Jun 19, 2004, 2:16pm
Alex,

If that's the case then why do you dig up this past garbage and start this
over again? Can't you stay on topic? You put your foot in your own mouth
XelaG with your hateful behavior. You seldom comment about a topic for long
without somehow resorting to bashing the USA. Are you going to play this
out forever thinking it's ok to behave this way simply because you donate to
the community? Lots of people donate but they are not freaks, they are not
bashing your country (wherever that may be). All they want is for this
seemingly never-ending war in the Newsgroups to cease and desist.

People are not freaks for thinking that a certain person who constantly lies
and hurts others is not good for people to be around. Especially the new
people coming into Active Worlds which was one of their feeding grounds. Do
you not care about others in the community to the extent that you want
dozens of those who you have known all these years, those who you've shared
AW with all this time, to be abused by such a person? Or are you only this
way out of pure hatred with such stubbornness in refusal to show any
willingness for peace?

Sharon

[View Quote]

money

Jun 20, 2004, 1:31pm
swe, don't class me in with anyone who is "out to get" anyone else please.
I have no trouble expressing my thoughts which reflect my caring and concern
for the future of this community and program. I have nothing to gain by
being "out to get" anyone else. If you want to criticize you might want to
be specific because grouping people into a category to then say that the
group is doing this or that collectively is why this whole problem
continues. It's paranoia.

What linn does is of her own free will. I stand on my own here and need no
others in order to speak my mind clearly. We are not working behind the
scenes of the NGs plotting to overthrow Alex and his bots, nor anyone else
for that matter. Sometimes I agree with linn but this doesn't make us
consorts. When linn and I disagree we do NOT attack each other's family,
etc.

The people criticizing us for our use of English (which came to me through
one of my ancestors when they came over on the boat), are not exactly using
proper English themselves. What a lame attack in another post by another
person who said we "stole" a language. This makes me laugh though so thank
you for the humor (you know who you are).

I'm wanting to get above the saddening trouble in the world by talking to
people on another level. I don't pre-judge someone. I treat others the way
I'd want to be treated. I stand up for my rights and for what I believe in
even if that means not going along with the crowd when I think they are
wrong. I listen to others so that I can learn what they think so I read the
Newsgroups. It's part of Active Worlds which is a place to get past the
hatred.

Sharon

[View Quote]

money

Jun 20, 2004, 6:29pm
SWE you're aggressive. I read what you had to say more than once. You may
need to re-read my post also. But if it drives you over the edge to read
then you might not want to tax yourself with the task. I wasn't giving a
speech but you wouldn't know that since you don't know me. This is how I
speak. I don't appreciate your insults.

What I see happen in here is that people say some pretty terrible things and
expect to get away with it by ducking out hoping that no one will actually
follow the posts.

SWE you also have trouble understanding what linn means about cons. I also
have met some cons in Active Worlds so linn is not wrong by saying "some"
people con in here.

This isn't a speech either. I'll let you know when I write one.

Sharon

[View Quote]

money

Jun 21, 2004, 1:35pm
Seems to me the people who took linn's post the wrong way are by and large
those who have PayPal buttons. When you've been in Active Worlds a while
you get to know who is CON or not though.

[View Quote]

money

Jun 21, 2004, 2:29pm
Maybe she is referring to those panning for gold in the Newsgroups or Active
Worlds in general ? Seems to me that the NGs are where many frequent to
market their goods since they're widely read. Although there are cons
marketing in Active Worlds that do not post in the Newsgroups. Not all
those who sell what they create are cons. You may want to ask her what she
means though Mauz.
As for my experiences in this program over the years I have met a few cons.
Of course you get that with any society. I'm sure that not all those
accepting donations are conning but I don't know, on a personal level, those
who are in need and legitimately asking for these donations or whether it's
a marketing tactic.

[View Quote]

money

Jun 21, 2004, 3:57pm
Linn, That's right some use aggressiveness as a tactic also thinking that
they will scare us off. On the one hand they say the children should learn
self defense because the world is full of weirdoes (but they get angry when
we call those weirdoes pervs) then they get all wild and ornery when we are
defending ourselves against what we would want to protect our children from.
CONtradiction!

[View Quote]

money

Jun 21, 2004, 8:17pm
Andras, You've got a right to your opinion. Seems all this sarcasm is
another way to insult a person / people. Alex is often difficult to
understand, not to mention quite hostile. He rarely clarifies himself
without becoming more aggressive. It can be frustrating to the rest of us
who read his posts on a daily basis. You want to compound the problem
rather than solve it, so where is the remedy?

[View Quote]

money

Jun 22, 2004, 2:15pm
What sort of proof do you want us to take to the authorities Alex a "cut
and paste" of someone telling a group of kids that they are 13 years old
when they are in fact an adult for instance ? This isn't AWI's fault in any
way either. It's the nature of the internet with electronic communication
where people are "hidden" . "One of the main reasons for the rise in child
porn, police say, is the ease with which Internet pedophiles can hide their
identity." "By getting anonymity, and you know that there a lot of
technical tools for that now in the Internet, by you are getting more and
more probability of impunity -- not to be found, not to be punished,"
Simancas explains. (
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/03/02/child.porn/ ).

You know better too since you've been online a while that this is not
evidence enough to attain the proper punishment. Most people who were being
abused in Active Worlds by Seiya, or those who saw others abused, lost hope.
They were victims! One reason they lost hope was that this person was able
to change names and come back with more vengeance than ever. It was
exhausting. Innocent victims were manipulated and were afraid of being
embarrassed by this lying abuser. It was proven right here in this forum
that this person was unstable, vicious, they would say how sorry they were
then come back more twisted than ever lashing at another victim. We thought
it best to confront the person in public where it would have the most
impact, including warning others. If I saw someone being abused on Main
Street I'd do something about it and not sit back with my eyes closed. If
anyone bothers you in Active Worlds don't be afraid to do something about
it.

[View Quote]

money

Jun 22, 2004, 4:28pm
Thank you Linn. I"m comparing the aggressive behaviors to those of animals
the likeness is uncanny.

[View Quote]

money

Jun 22, 2004, 5:46pm
Alex,

You are the one that combined the two topics. Topic #1 Seiya with Topic #2
Convicted Murderer Robinson. Those were two separate threads. What was the
connection between them in your mind? For me the relationship between the
two subjects was how they used the internet to lure victims. In Seiya's
case some of the victims thought they'd fight back using the same format.
It was right and just considering the conditions of the interenet.

You combined the matter of Seiya, in what was perceived as your defense,
with another topic about the USA in the same thread, yet the two topics were
unrelated. Alex you were defending Seiya and still are! You've gotten
angry and frustrated which came out in sarcasm at times, other times I think
it isn't sarcasm behind your words, in either case the people reading your
posts are taking you for face value. As you go back and forth on either
side of the coin in our eyes we lose respect for you.

[View Quote]

G rated areas and Nicks.

Jun 21, 2004, 12:28am
BRAVO Katrina !

SWE Here is My Speech

Jun 21, 2004, 1:50pm
Intercultural conflict is part of the reason we've been unsuccessful in the
Newsgroups. We're not only failing because of the international
miscommunication but we lack skills to forge ahead on an individual basis.
Our values and norms, thought processes and goals vary greatly. It would be
powerful to effectively overcome our differences.
Odds are that we will not have the direct experiences of one another.
Usually our own cultural identities are not even apparent to us until we
interact with others from different backgrounds. Our differences can feel
like threats at first. But aren't those differences less important than our
commonalities?
We tend to overlook our similarities far too often. Differences between
groups are far less than differences within groups so it would be logical to
say the same for our likenesses.
Cultures are always evolving especially when they interact with eachother.
We have the power to change the world right here in this platform. We're
the pioneers as BRO would say.

1  2  3  4  |