dlp anne // User Search

1  ...  3  4  5  6  7  |

Virus

Jun 28, 2003, 1:01pm
Never?
That is real hard to believe.
Even with the best virus scanner and the best firewall you can still get
them, some times even without you knowing about it.
Now ones computer is ever 100% trojan or virus proof no mater how much they
try to make it.
As security software and hardware gets better, the hackers, viruses and the
like are getting better also, it's a never ending battle.

[View Quote]

Virus

Jun 28, 2003, 4:44pm
Viruses can go anywhere on the internet they want, and to any computer they
want.
Nothing can stop all of them.
There are many out there that no one knows about and therefore nothing can
stop them or detect them.
Just look at how many computers get hit with viruses each and every day
before the virus scanner programmers send out a update for their scanners to
protect you from it....
You can go to a web site you trust that got hacked without the owners or you
knowing and you go to it and a program auto installs without any warnings at
all not even a file download window and you find out later when your
computer starts acting odd.

There is no such thing as a 100% hacker proof, virus proof, or trojan proof
computer.
As virus scanners and firewalls get updated, so do the viruses and hacker
hacking tools.

[View Quote]

Chat log

Jul 2, 2003, 3:41am
That is not true, my chat log is at 6 MB and still logging fine.

[View Quote]

Question about TrueSpace

Jul 12, 2003, 12:27am
You have to make 2 cylinders one just a bit smaller in diameter then the
other.
Then delete the smaller one in the center and it will cut from the larger
one making it hollow inside.

[View Quote]

Question about TrueSpace

Jul 12, 2003, 12:29am
ohh yea, and make sure that smaller ones ends stick out a bit past the
bigger ones ends.
That will make it open on both ends as well as open all the way through it.

[View Quote]

editing an MP3

Jul 18, 2003, 9:53am
You can convert the mp3 to a wav file using a program such as Music Match
Jukebox
Then load the wav file into any wav editor such as the one that comes with
windows and delete all unwanted parts and save it.
Then convert it back to an mp3 using a program such as Music Match Jukebox

This process will take about 1 min to do and converting it to a wav then
back to an mp3 will not loose any quality if you know what your doing when
you convert.

[View Quote]

editing an MP3

Jul 18, 2003, 9:54am
note that no mic is needed for this.

[View Quote]

editing an MP3

Jul 20, 2003, 1:33am
yes it will.
The trial lasts for ever and only stops you from creating your own mp3's
from a CD and keeping it in CD quality.

the wav to mp3 / mp3 to wav converter is fully functional and will keep it
at what ever quality you set it at.

[View Quote]

multipath script

Jul 24, 2003, 7:24am
This is the one I use.

<?PHP
$aPaths = array ('www.url1.com/', 'http://www.url2.com/',
'http://www.url3.com/', 'http://www.url4.com/');

$fIn=$fOut=$IsZip=0;

// this block is only needed if AW examines the HTTP header!
if ($Content = strrchr ($QUERY_STRING, '.'))
{
if (stristr ($Content, ".zip"))
Header ("Content-Type: application/zip");
else
Header ("Content-type: image/jpeg");
}

$Namepos = strrpos ($QUERY_STRING, '/');
$Filepath = substr ($QUERY_STRING, 0, $Namepos+1);
$Filename = substr ($QUERY_STRING, $Namepos+1);

Header( "Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=".$Filename );

$Firsttry = -1;
if ($Filename[0] == '~')
{
$Firsttry = intval (substr($Filename,1,2))-1;
$Filename = substr($Filename, 3);

if ($Firsttry >= 0)
if ($fIn = at fopen ($aPaths[$Firsttry].$Filepath.$Filename,
"rb"))
{
fpassthru ($fIn); // no fclose, fpassthru() closes the file
exit;
}
}

$Anz = sizeof ($aPaths);
for ($i=0; $i<$Anz; $i++)
if ($i != $Firsttry)
if ($fIn = at fopen ($aPaths[$i].$Filepath.$Filename, "rb"))
{
fpassthru ($fIn); // no fclose, fpassthru() closes the file
exit;
}
?>

testing only blank message

Aug 7, 2003, 9:49pm

Someones done something worse than disassemble my bot...

Aug 8, 2003, 10:07pm
He makes an excellent undercover duck LOL

[View Quote]

Someones done something worse than disassemble my bot...

Aug 9, 2003, 12:54am
told ya to leave the seed and feed alone LOL

[View Quote]

Unblocking.

Aug 21, 2003, 3:30am
if you mean in Outlook go to TOOLS/ MESSAGE RULES / BLOCKED SENDERS LIST and
you can delete from there

Anne

[View Quote]

Thanks to AW

Dec 5, 2003, 2:38pm
Thanks to the permission and help of AW, I was able to bring the MegaPath
world into DLP without having to rebuild such a huge object yard world. It
really saved me alot of trouble. Also thanks to Linn and Wiz for such a
great job with thier efforts on creating that yard :)

Anne

Awwww, Man!!!!!

Dec 21, 2003, 7:22pm
LOL I have been reading these posts for a few days and am literally waiting
for the next episode of *The Days My ActiveWorlds*

[View Quote]

AW and nvidia

Mar 11, 2003, 3:33am
Make AW generate its own log file, open the aworld.ini and add this into it.

[debug]
all=1

When you crash, use this program to get the last 50 lines from the log
file.
http://oct31.de/tmp/tail.zip (GNU tail)
A command line tool.
tail -50 aworld.log > 50lines.txt
extracts the last 50 lines from the aworld.log.

After you get that, go back in that ini file and change the all=1 to all=0
to turn the logging off as that log will eat up your hard drive space fast
(about 50 MB per min.)

Once you have the last 50 lines, send a copy of them to ActiveWorlds tech
support, make sure you tell them your system specs and what video mode you
are in and what you where doing just before the crash.

After your done, you can delete that log file as it takes up a lot of space.

[View Quote]

Missing Telegrams?

Apr 6, 2003, 11:14am
Yes if your computers date is wrong and telegrams come in they will be
marked with the date your computer is set with.
If you have old telegrams when they come in, they will be mixed in around
them according to the date they where received.

[View Quote]

Missing Telegrams?

Apr 6, 2003, 11:41am
I have seen another bug on log in where you have telegrams that where sent
when you where not there and they came in at log in but you are not notified
of them.

[View Quote]

^Tourists & Newsgroup^

May 12, 2003, 1:42pm
"The tourists are just free loaders to the game."

Note: we where all tourists once.

[View Quote]

submit place for aw video5

May 25, 2003, 6:14am
I was just gona ask the same question lol.
Why a public path?
If it's just to store and link to the picture that don't really need to be
on the object path, it could be set out side the path on same server space
like in an html directory or a directory all by itself.

[View Quote]

Truespace Tutorial

May 27, 2003, 1:20am
Can you make one that shows how to create a working avatar in true space?
I have seen this done only once.
I know all how to name each part of it so the seqs will run right on it but
not sure how or where to set each parts center of rotation correctly so it
moves right lol.

[View Quote]

new virus alert!

Jun 6, 2003, 11:38am
(((((((((((((((((((( McAfee Dispatch )))))))))))))))))))))))

** VIRUS ALERT - W32/Bugbear.b at MM **

A new variant of the Bugbear virus, W32/Bugbear.b at MM is a
HIGH RISK mass-mailing worm that contains numerous malicious
elements, including a keylogger, network share propagator,
remote access trojan, polymorphic parasitic file infector
and terminator of security software.

Creating privacy and security concerns for consumers, these
elements may allow a remote attacker to access an infected
PC and log all keystrokes, including passwords and personal
information. It also mass-mails itself without the user's
knowledge, spreads across network shares and embeds itself
deep into the infected PC.

Caution: An infected email can come from addresses you
recognize and may contain the following information:

Subject: [content varies]

Body: [content varies]

..scr ]

Current and up-to-date VirusScan users are protected from
this threat.

Learn More about W32/Bugbear.b at MM:
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=5760

Scan for W32/Bugbear.b at MM:
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=5127

If you would like to receive the McAfee Dispatch in a
graphical (HTML) format in the future, please click here.
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2613

_____________________Anti-Virus Tips!_______________________

Find out how to detect and prevent viruses with these handy
tips. Click here.
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=1589

______________________Special Offers________________________

SAVE ALMOST 15% on VirusScan Online AND Get a FREE SECURITY
BONUS of Identity Guard! This 30-day trial of Identity Guard
will protect your credit and reputation. Learn More...
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=5532

SpamKiller stops spam from polluting your inbox. SAVE $15,
now only $24.95. Get only the email you want and nothing else!
Learn More...
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=5533

________________________Virus Fixes_________________________

VirusScan Online
The #1 anti-virus solution online. Protect your PC from
viruses and receive FREE automatic updates.

Is your protection current?
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=5128

Subscribe to VirusScan Online
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=5532

VirusScan 7.0
Stop viruses, trojans, worms, and more. Now includes enhanced
McAfee Firewall protection to keep hackers out of your PC.

Update DAT file
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=5131

Purchase VirusScan 7.0
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=5130

Upgrade Center
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=5132

Download a set of FREE security tools and also receive trial
versions of our world-class security services. Learn more...
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=5133

Product Recommender! Find the right product for you,
click here.
==> http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=5134

McAfee, please click here.
==> http://dispatch.mcafee.com/unsub.asp

Need further assistance? Visit McAfee Support.
==> http://www.mcafee.com/support/onlineservices/faqs.asp

Click here to view our privacy policy.
==> http://www.mcafee.com/copyright/privacy.asp

McAfee is a business unit of Network Associates, Inc.
3965 Freedom Circle, Santa Clara, CA 95054, (408) 992-8599
© 2003, Networks Associates Technology, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

new virus alert!

Jun 6, 2003, 7:30pm
Well it is an old virus, this is just a remake of it, it changed and has new
features now.

[View Quote]

Newsgroups posts lost?

Jun 26, 2003, 9:43am
Its not just you, I to have had this happen.
I use Outlook and I have it set to never delete any news posts for any
reason and yet I just lost over 2 years of posts last week.
I just came in like I normally do and poof a ton of posts vanish.
And what's even more strange is this week every post that was left got set
as new entries as if I never read any of them.

[View Quote]

Aw video5 released

Jul 17, 2003, 11:57pm
Just wondering, what did you use to compress your video files to make them
so small in file size?
I tried to do the same thing you did back in version 2.2 and mine where like
100 MB for each 4 min of video lol

[View Quote]

Aw video5 released

Jul 18, 2003, 1:16am
cool thanks :-)

[View Quote]

Video Flickering With DirectX 9 Beta....

Jul 25, 2003, 8:56pm
I got that same update yesterday and I see no problems with it and don't get
the problem you get.
What are your system specs?

As for what kf said about the gesture buttons flickered when the world
attributes changed.
I always got that, I think it's just the browser updating itself for the
changes made in the world features, it has to refresh anything that deals
with the world your in.

[View Quote]

:)

Sep 10, 2003, 1:30am
I have tio agree with Tengal he did the same in Dreamlandpark as Stefan and
has alt of people worried there

Anne

[View Quote]

Christmas in Alphaworld... This year?

Dec 5, 2003, 1:40am
*lights a flame under lioness* muahahaha

sorry couldnt resist lol

Anne
[View Quote]

Happiest of Holidays

Dec 17, 2003, 9:30pm
from DreamlandPark to AW and all universes out there: Wishing you the
Happiest of Holidays and a very prosperous New Year. Save the spam for
after new years it wont be replied to anyway :)

Anne

1  ...  3  4  5  6  7  |