the derek // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  29  |

i sorta ran out of ideas :o)

Nov 12, 2000, 7:01pm
ok i ran out of ideas for some bots and i dont have time to finish the
ones already on my site yet.. anyone got any?

new bot? good idea? or not?

Nov 18, 2000, 6:29am
ok im working on a new bot its a "plugin bot"
the bot will just be a standalone app
then you download extra apps that have idfferent features on them like
plugins
i will also probably make an sdk so other people can ake plugins for my
bots
good idea?
bad idea?

new bot? good idea? or not?

Nov 18, 2000, 9:06pm
ok... 2 noos the reasons... well its an easier way for me to add festures nad it means the peoledont
have to download the WHOLE bot over and over whenever there is a new feature..

[View Quote] > Like Twist said, its more the AW browser that needs the plugins, and besides, if most people knew
> how to use the SDK which would let their program plug into your bot, they would be more likely to
> write their own bots, and the Xelagot and HamBot users probably would rather stick to scripting.
>
> Bad idea in my opinion.
> _________________________
> John Viper
> http://www.jtsoft.net
> "Java is a machine. You put Java code in one end, and money comes out the other." - Anonymous

[View Quote]

new bot? good idea? or not?

Nov 19, 2000, 3:14am
the auto updater wasnt really thatn popular on my bots... people who didnt want
to upgrade were fprced to read a message over and over

[View Quote] > I see that, but there are plenty of other bots already like that, and
> downloading a whole *gasp* 1 megabyte top program that installs quickly
> isn't too much of a problem. As I said, you really can't get much in with a
> bot plug-in, we need an AW plug-in capability. If you really want easability
> in your updates, somewhere back a few months ago source code was posted for
> an auto-updater, similar to as is used in Ima Genius' Chatbot. Very nice.
> Give it a try.
> -Twist
[View Quote]

new bot? good idea? or not?

Nov 19, 2000, 3:16am
well i was planning on doing it anyway i just
wanted input so i dunno why im arguing with you
lol i guess i just like to argue :P

Re: Anyone know how to make a bot respond in VB?

Apr 7, 2001, 11:18pm
well if the bot wont say anthing when you tell it to make sure you got the aw_Wait
timer going... im pretty sure one of these guys has sample code so im not gonna
type example code for you when everyone else has... just a thought

[View Quote] > Thanxs, but it dosnt work. It just sits there... doing nothing... thats all...
> Same with when a person enters, i have
>
> Private Sub sdk_EventAvatarAdd()
> Sdk.AwWhisper Sdk.AwAvatarSession, "Hello " & Sdk.AwAvatarName
> message "[" & txtBotName.Text & "] : (whisper to " & Sdk.AwAvatarName & _
> ") Hello " & Sdk.AwAvatarName
> EndSub
>
> Ive been told thats right, but it wont work. It just sits there... doing
> nothing...

[View Quote]

Exact Positioning of Avatars (Browser vs SDK)

Apr 7, 2001, 11:53pm
bots are just like that i guess. when i log bots in it doesnt go at exactly 0n
0w... normally up to .5 offset of where it should be... not sure how to fix this

[View Quote] > Hi there people, I have something that I would probably have posted to the
> Beta NG if I could have done, so I'm going to try my luck here.
>
> I have two identical areas setup in a world ... right next to each other.
> They each have an "anchor point" which I use for some calculations. I also
> have a bot tracking a single avatar (me ... the only one in the world),
> maintaining its location through the usual AW_AVATAR_CHANGE events.
>
> On clicking an object (when the avatar is stationary and has been for a good
> few seconds), the bot takes the avatar's X, Y and Z offsets from that area's
> anchor point and teleports the it to the same X, Y and Z offsets from the
> other area's anchor point (positioned in exactly the same relative position
> within the area). The Yaw is retained ... that's no problem.
>
> Sounds straight forward right? Pah!
>
> The first time I do the teleport (as the avatar), after using the browser to
> move the avatar into the first area, the avatar is teleported to a position
> slightly further along the line of last movement. The ONLY way I am updating
> the avatar's position within the bot is through the AW_AVATAR_CHANGE events.
>
> I know its not my code, because if I teleport back and forward between the
> areas afterwards (without moving the avatar in the browser), it gets EXACTLY
> the right position. So I can only see that the browser is sending at least
> one more avatar movement notification to the server without carrying it out
> itself properly. I'm sure the world server wouldn't be trying to trick me by
> inventing movements (perhaps I'm just not paranoid enough yet).
>
> This is in v3.0 (build 354). I'm going to try it on v3.1 (Build 370) later
> on to see if this is still apparent, but in the meantime if anyone has any
> comments on this I'd be grateful (preferably like someone noticed it before
> and its fixed in Build 370). It may sound trivial, but I am relying on these
> messages to be correct and, if anything, I would expect the SDK to be behind
> the movement if it was going to be incorrect at all .... not ahead of it.
> I'm using is Build 19 of the SDK.
>
> I hope I managed to explain myself clearly enough. If anyone thinks its
> appropriate, please post this on to the Beta NG for me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Grims.

new bot? good idea? or not?

Nov 20, 2000, 12:19am
i dont SELL my bots have you even seen the site....? if i have somehting that
makes it look like im selling them tell me what it is so i dont look like a guy
whos just making bots for $$$

[View Quote] > I think a lot of people who write their own bots use this method anyway once
> they've worked out the basics - applying some form of function library or
> class structure (depending on the type of language you use) and expanding
> that to their needs. Since you seem to sell your bots, why not keep your
> infrastructure to yourself (I don't mean that how it might sound lol) to
> enahance the capabilities of the your bots, give you a perceived advantage
> and make just your life easier?
>
> Grims

[View Quote]

new bot? good idea? or not?

Nov 20, 2000, 12:20am
its not limited once you use api c++ makes it easier to do the stuff you have to make twice as many
lines of code and time to use api functions but i use vb...faster if i was SELLING my applications
however i wuld use c++

[View Quote] > A while back I tried VB and hated it. There was no power and EVERYTHING was limited. Except the UI
> designer thingie was incredibly cool!!! Tried Visual C++. It had all the power but a weak UI
> designer. That really turned me off from it.
>
> Then, I found Borland C++Builder. It has all the power of C++ AND a VERY STRONG (maybe even better)
> UI thing than VB. Try it -- you can get the trial at www.borland.com.
>
> What I am saying is that yes, using C++ you CAN make a UI in 5 minutes (noteI didn't say seconds --
> in VB you cant do it in 5 seconds)
>
> Plus VB just overall suxks (and thats my proferssional fact)
> _________________________
> John Viper
> http://www.jtsoft.net
> "Java is a machine. You put Java code in one end, and money comes out the other." - Anonymous

[View Quote]

Making a Bot Join a Person

Apr 14, 2001, 2:13am
sometimes for some reason the bot will see the avatar as the last person
who moved-not talked.. so this is not a god way to do it
what you want to do is save (memory or file) the locations of everone in
reference to their session# then when someone moves
have the bot look up the location of that avatarsession

[View Quote]

Making a Bot Join a Person

Apr 16, 2001, 1:02am
meant to say CHAT session not avatar session! itl just make a workaround
towards the same probalem if you do lol

[View Quote] > sometimes for some reason the bot will see the avatar as the last person
> who moved-not talked.. so this is not a god way to do it
> what you want to do is save (memory or file) the locations of everone in
> reference to their session# then when someone moves
> have the bot look up the location of that avatarsession

[View Quote]

AW closed for bots???

Nov 19, 2000, 4:51am
i think there was some server problem. there may have been a vandalism
involving bots... who knows

[View Quote] > AlphaWorld (aw) is closed for bots... Any idea why (going same way as
> Atlantis ?????) ?????
>
> XelaG

To anyone and everyone

Nov 20, 2000, 2:36am
ive met the same kind of people... just ignore the guy unless he actually has
something good to say

[View Quote] > i truly don't blame you. at one point i offered some asp scripts i had
> written for my use, and thought someone else might like them. i said i'd try
> and hel[ with questions, but i might not be able to help, i'm fairly busy. i
> was flamed repeatedly by a group of people who wanted me to write one of my
> scripts in php. i said i couldn't. go figure. not really relevant, but, i
> know how people can be. lazeneri has been quite the butt, as i have heard,
> and had "changed". or so he said. ah well... i personally don't use xelabot
> ((eats too much of my memory...)), but have in the past and always found it
> a nice, easy to use bot. nothing difficult about it.. plenty of help files,
> too. and it isn't like you don't try and help people, you just can't hold
> all of their hands ;)...
> --
> napster - for all your music pirating needs *and i use it too*

<no subject>

Nov 20, 2000, 11:38pm
ok... i dont know xelag that good but for him to make a whole post for something
that didnt even happen...i dunno... but i aint gonna get into this. this is for
you 2 to work out. not to try to get people on your side and continue the
argument until xelag simply restricts you access to the bot you "love" so much

[View Quote] > First off.. I did not tell XelaG he was a prick.. I told someone else what I
> thought of him.. and if XelaG would have told you the whole story you would
> know it..
>
> I asked how to make the bot respond to a certain word.. (and AL that was for
> your world.. I was going to make it eject on the hearing of bad words..)
>
> and he told me.. "I am tired of people asking me these questions. Look at
> the help files and if it isnt there that is all I have to give. Maybe from
> lack of experience or time."
>
> and I said.. "Ok.. you took the responcibility of answering questions when
> you made the bot."
>
> and then he said something and I said.. "well I thought you could answer a
> simple question like that.
>
> So that is what happened.. as for the whole prick thing.. that has nothing
> to do with this subject.. and if it was said.. it is none of his business
> because it was said to someone other than him.. so that has no influence...
> and as for my using your bot.. I love the Xelagot.. it is the best bot so
> far I have found but why didnt u at least tell me "I dont have the time." or
> "I don't know." instead of all the other stuff?
>
> Now for C o y o t e.. how can you judge me by what you have heard? I asked
> you a question.. that is all I have ever spoken to you.. as I thought, by
> the reference of Anduin Lothar, you would have it. You had the chance to
> send me a virus in a .dll format but I trusted you. And now you try to say I
> am a "butt"? I think you need to get to know me yourself before judge me by
> others' comments.

<no subject>

Nov 20, 2000, 11:39pm
i sorta said this in my message but yeah i have to agree we are not here to
resolve your problems (dont take that as mental problems lol if you like the
word issues better fine)

[View Quote] > Please note that this is a bot board, not a board for who hates who, this is
> a personal issue and does not need to be announced on a whole forum. XelaG,
> I respect you, but if there are issues concerning one individual, please
> tell him, no need to make the matter any worse than it already is.
>
> --
> image
> image2 at uswest.net
> www.imagebot.net
[View Quote]

<no subject>

Nov 20, 2000, 11:48pm
andd???

[View Quote] > If you had watched the thread tree you would have seen that Imagine did
> not reply your message

VB installations using a 3rd party installer-tool

Apr 19, 2001, 2:02am
you CAN customize the vb one... look in the folder you installed vb in and
somewhere in there will be the project for the installer (WITH COMMENTED CODE!)
which makes it customizable... BUT a 3rd party one would be better if it can
make it so you only need one file instead of like 10

[View Quote] > I've got myself a 3rd party installer-utility (the VB app installer wizard
> makes a VERY ugly installer that can't be customized...) to distribute my
> apps, but I don't know what files to distribute with the app (OCX's) and how
> to register them as controls. Could anyone tell me how I do this?
>
> KAH

VB installations using a 3rd party installer-tool

Apr 19, 2001, 10:51pm
oh and if you want to use registry/start menu then look up api functions or get
a WIN32 API book thats made specifically for vb.. very useful

[View Quote] > well, that's what I want, and I also want to put it in apropriate Start menu
> folders and have pretty graphics in the installer...I've used the installer
> utility before, but with The Games Factory games, it only needs 3 files...
> Well, I'll look at that other MS thingy too.
>
> KAH
>
> the derek <ImTheDerek at yahoo.com> skrev i
> meldingsnyheter:3ADE6081.C7A12BA4 at yahoo.com...
> CODE!)
> can
> wizard
> my
> how

<no subject>

Nov 22, 2000, 1:08am
well i agree,sorta. i do think he sdhouldnt have pointed out a person but hes
right. you dont have the right to hassle somoene about soimething they are
offering for free

[View Quote] > But it does not concern me, plus its not right to point out one person, this
> might have happened before, and you didn't post his name along with
> Lanezeri, this may concern you and Lanezeri, but it does not concern the
> other 30+ people that use this board, if this is an attempt to give someone
> a bad name, thats just showing immaturity.
>
> --
> image
> image2 at uswest.net
> www.imagebot.net
[View Quote]

[Fwd: VB OCX how do you add properties?]

--------------DB49AE3DE9BB98281DD187B6

oops posted in wrong group probably for that
message

--------------DB49AE3DE9BB98281DD187B6

Newsgroups: sdk
Subject: VB OCX how do you add properties?
From: "the derek" <ImTheDerek at yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2000 00:52:01 -0500

ok many of you know about the plugin bot im doing.
im making a sort of sdk in ocx form. does anyone
know how to add properties to ocx controls? i
havent made many ocx controls before....

--------------DB49AE3DE9BB98281DD187B6--

[Fwd: VB OCX how do you add properties?]

Nov 22, 2000, 5:09pm
im writing it in vb

[View Quote] > Are you actually writing the control in VB or in C/C++ for use in VB?

> (may not have been paying enough attention to the original posts)
>
> Grims

[View Quote]

[Fwd: VB OCX how do you add properties?]

Nov 22, 2000, 5:39pm
ok... but what are property pages?
and what d i put under the get and let propertes.... ive tried that before and
well it didnt work too well thats all i have t say ohmwell ill try again

[View Quote] > You just add a public property like any other class (Tools | Add Procedure
> in VB 5).
>
> Select "Property" as the type ... if it is a read-only property, just delete
> the "Property Let" procedure.
>
> VB looks after the rest. Use the procedure attributes (again under the Tools
> menu in VB5) if you want to tune it a bit (set to default property etc.). It
> should automatically appear in the properties box for the control as soon as
> you close the exit the control's visual builder window.
>
> Grims

[View Quote]

[Fwd: VB OCX how do you add properties?]

Nov 22, 2000, 7:44pm
i have lrn edition of vb cant make dlls the only reason i can make ocx is caus
ei downloaded the control creation edition of vb of ms site

[View Quote] > Another thought on this... since you need to understand the classes to write
> this anyway, why not just create your "plug-in bot" as a class or set of
> classes in an ActiveX DLL? MrGrimms AwSdkOcx2 control had to be an OCX
> because he had to map the C events and callbacks in the AW SDK into VB
> (since you can't access them directly. You already have all you need within
> the VB environment, so it seems unnecessary to create a visual control for
> something that is non-visual.
>
> Grims.

[View Quote]

VB sdk source code

Nov 28, 2000, 2:59am
i now have source code to do different things on
my ste. if you want (or have) source code for
something post it :o)
it has things like distance etc.

VB sdk source code

Nov 29, 2000, 3:04am
awbots.findhere.com
bots.findhere.com or
www.mailoto.com/bots

[View Quote] > you're serious ?

> Try an absolute URL and it might work

restricting bot space

Dec 16, 2000, 12:25am
i have a little "scriptlet" that shows you how to get the distance between two
avatars...
you could try starting with that then expanding on your own
BTW this code in vb but if youve had geometry you can probably get the jist of
it
bots.findhere.com

[View Quote] > Hi,

> I'm trying to restrict a bot to act only within a certain radius. Will a
> bot always process events within a standard large bot space, and do I just
> have to check the positions that these events originate from in order to see
> if my bot should do something, or is there something I can set that tells my
> bot to only respond to events within a certain radius?
>
> Like, say a bot always processes events within a 100 m radius (which I know
> it doesn't, but just for illustration's sake...) and I only want to handle
> r=50m. Do I have to check all events that come in, or can I simply set
> something that would automatically restrict what area my bot listens to?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Omar

Bot extentions

Dec 17, 2000, 3:24am
$20 for 3 bot limit extension... you might as well just buy more
citizenships...but of course youd have to renew all those instead of one...

[View Quote] > Dose anyone know how to be abel to use more than 3 bots at once?
> i know u can win it like at bingo but is there a way to like request it?

A nice simple INI Module!!!

Jul 23, 2001, 3:14am
the ini file is for initialzation data. the rekgistry is to store things like
file type registration and icons etc... i didnt see the origonal post so i dont
know which is needed

[View Quote] > The Reg sucks.. trust me.. use an INI file.. you can even use my INI file
> creator.. I'd put it for download.. (my latest one) but I dont know which
> files you need..
>
> I have four.. I dont distribute my OCX's so that's why I dont know:
>
> .exp
> .lib
> .oca
> .ocx

[View Quote]

A nice simple INI Module!!!

Jul 23, 2001, 7:33pm
i never said it CANT be used for that i jts was saying what each was designed to
do.
yeah you can use it for anything, for example i have been wokring on a bot that
uses ini files asascript so its easier for the scripterto understand

[View Quote] > Your wrong.. an INI can be used for anything.. for example.. listing citizen
> names and numbers..
>
> [Citizen Information]
> 1=AWLD
>
> They aren't restricted to just initialization data only..

[View Quote]

community

Jul 27, 2001, 2:20pm
itsin the ini file under
[universe]
host=UNIVERSE_HOST

aws is auth.activeworlds.com
imnot sure about any others
[View Quote] > If you are using the same browser to go to other universes, then most likely,
> your IP address for AW is not correct. It is located in the world.ini file I
> think.
>
> Holistic1

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  29  |