casay // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  8  |

Objectd' OPEN!

Feb 1, 2001, 7:10pm
We're back! :-)
Well, the world and the web site as it was it back. Still no ftp access as
of yet but I'll be adding the new things as soon as I get it.
Apologies to ReneS. er.. Mr. ReneS ;-)
Casay

Active Worlds Article In PC Gamer

Feb 3, 2001, 4:06pm
I don't know the details but I think the avatar & skins info is correct. I
think there's plans for changes/enhancements in the next build or two as far
as avatars are concerned. As far as the gaming goes... With the new features
of 3.1 and more on the way, along with the sdk and a bot or 2, I can see
where someone with creativity and talent could make a pretty nice RPG game
right now. Just my .02
Casay
[View Quote]

how incompetent can AWCI get? god damn...

Feb 9, 2001, 4:32am
Now for the 10 million dollar question.. what 'kind' of maintenance?
Casay
[View Quote]

how incompetent can AWCI get? god damn...

Feb 9, 2001, 7:56am
Sorry, should have put lol at the end as I was attempting to joke. Yes, I do
ask my ISP what's the problem. Also my phone company since I continually
have problems. Just the other day, the person working on my line *again*
finally told me that the lines around here are over 30 years old, need
replaced but that QWest isn't going to do it until some other company takes
them over. Now at least, the next time my phones go dead I know what to ask
for.
Casay

[View Quote]

New URL- AccuTrans

Feb 8, 2001, 4:59am
Here's a post from Wayne. Please update your links. Thanks!
Casay

The old URL for MicroMouse Productions and AccuTrans 3D was

http://www.quantumlynx.com/micromouse/index.html

The new URL is

http://www.micromouse.ca/

Reason for the Change: My ISP is moving the old web site to a new
server plus changes to my account now allow the web site to be accessed
using my own domain name.

Wayne Hogue
MicroMouse Productions

User dismissal vote

Feb 8, 2001, 11:25pm
Casay 168013 stay

I really can't believe this. Sure, Eep comes across as harsh but I think
there's a lot more ppl here that abuse this NG with their swearing, over
posting, incorrect posting etc. Eep speaks his mind, nothing wrong with
that. He also contributes more than most people that post here. I was really
hoping that AW WAS going in the direction of caring about the community and
its citizens. Eep is a citizen, like it or not. He's also one that has done
a lot for the advancement of this company even though he doesn't agree with
the management. He does believe in the technology and it's potential. He, as
well as I and others see the potential of AW. We want it to succeed as much
as AWCI does. He's just vocal about what direction it should go in and how
the company should treat its citizens. Again, there's nothing wrong with
that. The NG charter doesn't say a person has to agree with company policy
or that they can't comment on it.

Now, if you ban Eep for speaking his mind or calling someone a twit, then I
respectfully request that you also ban EVERY single person that has abused
the charter at ANY time. The Derek comes to mind for all his useless and
flamatory postings. How about the person who posted subject- Go F*** a
donkey? I'm sure I'd be on that list also as I've had harsh things to say at
times too, even to Eep himself. Does he ask for me to be banned? No, he
replies or doesn't as he sees fit. I take it all in stride like an adult
even though he's made me mad more than once. Are you banning yourself too?
You better, you've flamed in here just as bad as anyone else over the years
in frustration just like the rest of us. Now that you work for AWCI you're
better than all that???????? *really want to say in imortal words of Eep-
drive through*

I would also like to add, that if this ban goes thru I will no longer be
posting to this or any other AW NG exept beta if still accepted on that list
after this. I will start posting my info soley in Andra's NG. How soon AW
forgets how dead this NG got after the last go around with this.

One more comment since I never commented in all the threads between you and
Eep. Guess I should have.You wrote a nice civil post to him. I thought, he
wrote a really civil post back. Esp for him. I don't think you realize
what's he's trying to say to you? He's darn near begging you to help bring
about community enlightenment with AWCI. He's actually asking for your help
to bring that about. I was hoping for the same from you too. Do you not see
that or are you only reading his posts from a negative viewpoint? Since when
don't you realize that's Eep's problem isn't with what he says but mainly
with HOW he says it. This whole thing needs to stop now, unfortunately, it
seems to late. :-(
Very sad day again for AWCI.
Respectfully,
Casay

[View Quote]

User dismissal vote

Feb 9, 2001, 12:42am
Well, go to http://tnlc.net/rw sometime. Usually when Eep posts something
that is helpful it's in the form of a short post with a link to information
in that site. Why? Because he's already answered several of the questions
already and added his new information to the site! Also, get this if you
will; MANY of the bug reports that were posted in the Beta NG were
discovered by none other than Eep himself. Yes, he had the version that
everyone else did for awhile. He spent days with that version and had
several ppl post his findings for him. So, on behalf of the latest 3.1
release I bet he contributed as much or MORE than any other beta tester even
though he only had it for a short period of time. How long have you been in
AW? There's a lot more to this whole story. Take a look at who is posting to
this thread. People that don't usually post here anymore in protest of
monitoring of this very NG. How soon we forget. :-(

Take him for what he is or filter him, whatever, it's your choice. He's a
citizen and has the right to post, just like you have the right to post your
opinion here too. Oh, and Eep 'rarely' curses but he can certainly, with a
quick word or two, bluntly, & precicely cut right into someone. Right, wrong
or otherwise, he's a citizen. For years I've begged him to lighten up. If
you've been around for any period of time you'd know he has. Do you remember
the LONG letters written by Wascally Wabbit, Lucrezia, myself and others
over the years about this very topic? Lu, where are you anyway? Would love
to see you post on all this. I think it's time you stepped in and helped
stop/settle this madness. I'd like to know if AWCI knew in advance that
Facter was posting this or not? I'd really appreciate an answer, thanks.

I'm not sorry for what I posted at all, I stand by every word. I'm just
sorry, that after having just had a long conversation with Facter just the
other day, about how AWCI was working on improving their relationship with
the community, that this even happened. I was really hoping that Facter
would be able to bring that about. I'm very disappointed with all this as so
far as I can see, it seems more like a personal attack on Eep than a
community opinion. If it was different, this would have been done years ago.
I wish it weren't so. So, ask to have yourself banned too for NG charter
abuse if you've ever complained or said something bad, called someone a twit
or anything to someone here.

No apoligies here,
Casay

[View Quote]

User dismissal vote

Feb 9, 2001, 12:46am
Seems like you forget how dead the NG's got for awhile huh? There's a lot of
good info that's posted. Most of the worthless, swearing, attacking, hasn't
been from Eep. Or at least not started by him. Re-read all The Derek threads
for a clue here. There's several others posted by young kids that don't
contain any useful information. So what? I appreciate your wanting to try to
help the community but you're going about it all wrong. :-(
Casay

[View Quote]

User dismissal vote

Feb 9, 2001, 4:17am
I don't think I ever said you weren't trying to do what you thought was the
right thing. I did say, I didn't agree with what you're doing. In principle,
your posting in here as an employee of AWCI and trying to help/explain and
enlighten has been a wonderful breath of fresh air. Just like Roland &
Hamfon being so willing to help and talk to the community. It's something
these NG's have needed for a long time.

On the other hand, I'm very sorry to say that this seemed to have come about
because of a problem between you and Eep personally, not because of a
community problem. You and I know very well that in the past Eep has been a
lot more extreme than he is now. I could go back through all those threads
in that post about the NG server being shut down and give you several
examples of Eep just wanting to know why. He wanted details. At one point,
he was even pretty decent for him in requesting that. No, he's not always
very tactful how he asks, never has been, never will be. Yes, it then got
out of control. I only wish Facter that I had written to you personally
after 3-4 threads in the hopes of stopping it back then. I could see the
writing on the wall from the start and I now feel bad as a long time citizen
that I didn't do something sooner or at least try to.

I can only apologize to the AW community for not replying to all this sooner
and feeling that I have to at least try to step in to pull us back together.
You've split it up, although I'm sure that wasn't your intent, this is
exactly what's happened. Please put a stop to this ASAP.
Respectfully,
Casay
[View Quote]

Vote to stop the vote

Feb 9, 2001, 2:17am
Very simple folks. This is NOT a vote for or against Eep or Facter. Facter
is saying that he wants to follow the will of the community. Please let him
know your opinion, esp all of you that abstained from voting.

To stop
cit name- cit # - Stop

To continue
cit name- cit#- Go on

*Not happy with feeling like I have to start this thread. It's done in the
hopes of preventing a full blown fall out of our community if at all
possible at this point.* jeese, and even the stocks were going up, new great
3.1 version..... sigh....

Vote to stop the vote

Feb 9, 2001, 5:55am
Sigh, this is reminding me of the old Eep. Sigh, you'll never learn no
matter how hard we try.
Casay
[View Quote]

Over.

Feb 9, 2001, 4:50pm
Would love it Eep if you posted in this way more often, humorous, you got
your point across, and no one was offended! :-)
Casay
[View Quote]

3.1 and teacher

Feb 13, 2001, 4:02am
I think ByteMe is going to be teaching a class on the new 3.1 commands in
AWU. I'll post details when a date/time is set for the class. He may also
teach the animation/adone/astart/astop commands with it.
Casay
[View Quote]

I was ejected from AWGate for NO REASON

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01C0948E.ED5DFAC0

Thanks! :-)
Casay
[View Quote] I think that here, there has been some misleading and possibly =
falsified information - but that also, I have no idea.

I am, if you IA or anyone else cares to look into it, a member of Pink =
Village - and have been for about three years now - issues like this are =
always important to be looked at sometimes, and made sure that =
discrimination and such are never carried out by anyone given the =
priviledges in awci worlds.

The GK's do a good job, but that doesnt always mean that things like =
that dont happen - if they do, then action is taken pretty quickly, and =
GK/PK's that abuse their privs are dealt with effectively. But Nornny? =
Acting like that? I dont know *shrug*

The whole situation is very strange - dont worry, the world logs will =
show what happened. I would say to just calm down, and I think it will =
be passed to Flagg to look into, if he hasnt already.

Facter.
AW Support

[View Quote] Immigration Officer: Welcome to the Gateway to Active Worlds!

[Customs Aide]: Welcome, Internal Affairs. For the Conduct =
Guidelines please say World Rules or see =
http://www.activeworlds.com/conduct.html

[StockQuoteBot]: Hi Internal Affairs. Ask me for stock quotes! =
Whisper HELP or 0:symbol to me, e.g., whisper 0:MSFT :-)

Internal Affairs: Hello

CeeCee: America has tons of building objects BUT their lots are very =
small

Internal Affairs: Good day to you all

CeeCee: Hiyas Internal Affairs

A Citizen: hi internal affairs

Internal Affairs: hello ceecee

SMOKE JUMPER1: hi internal

cabLecar gaL: hiya IA

Internal Affairs: Have you read the newsgroups yet?

Internal Affairs: About the "situtation"?

cabLecar gaL: sorry I can't say I have IA

Internal Affairs: Very well...

Internal Affairs: Where did VindicatorIII go?

cabLecar gaL: he is brb for a bit

cabLecar gaL: he will be back

CeeCee: Don't know IA he said brb and he hasen't come back yet

Internal Affairs: Very strange

Internal Affairs: Did he sign off?

cabLecar gaL: no IA

Internal Affairs: Is there a need for concern?

cabLecar gaL: nope IA he is still here

Internal Affairs: I se

Internal Affairs: err see excuse me

cabLecar gaL: hun I have not read it so I donm't know

Optimus Prime: Hello everyone :-))

Internal Affairs: hello OP

Internal Affairs: Good Afternoon OP

"xxsandmanxx": Hi Op.

CeeCee: (((((((((((( OP )))))))))

SMOKE JUMPER1: hi optimus

VindicatorIII: back

Optimus Prime: hello all It is once again time For Prime Time

Internal Affairs: Hello VindicatorIII

VindicatorIII: To FLY in AW, use the Plus (+) and Minus (-) keys on =
your numeric keypad. Plus to go UP and Minus to come back DOWN again.

Internal Affairs: Spreading some welcome back macros ehy lol?

CeeCee: lol IA

VindicatorIII: You are now warned

Internal Affairs: why what did I do???

Immigration Officer: You have been ejected from awgate

After being ejected, I had no idea why. I didn't break ANY =
guidelines, so I telegramed VindicatorIII and here is what she said in =
response:

Telegram from VindicatorIII, sent 8 minutes ago:=20

This is the only message you will get tonight. Your IP address and =
the full chat log and copies of your telegrams have been passed to AW. I =
intend to have your Citizenship cancelled

I told her that I would report her for misconduct, and this is what =
she said back to me:

Telegram from VindicatorIII, sent 6 minutes ago:=20

You go right ahead.

Telegramming her again resulted in no such luck. I, honestly, have =
no idea why this had to happen. It could be something with what happened =
yesterday in the gate with Craig, but I am not sure. I am very =
disappointed in the current GK program. If this kind of behavior keeps =
up, I can guarantee you they won't be seeing another $20 for my renewal =
next year, nor any referrals from other tourists from registering. They =
really need better screening and more careful monitoring of your GKs.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01C0948E.ED5DFAC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks! :-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Casay</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"facter" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:facter at activeworlds.com">facter at activeworlds.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a871fa6 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a871fa6 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>A simple check of world logs can show exactly who was ejected, =
and by=20
who. I'll see if Flagg can look into the whole thing tomorrow.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I think that here, there has been some misleading and possibly =
falsified=20
information - but that also, I have no idea.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am, if&nbsp;you IA or anyone else&nbsp;cares to look into it, a =
member=20
of Pink Village - and have been for about three years now - issues =
like this=20
are always important to be looked at sometimes, and made sure that=20
discrimination and such are never carried out by anyone given the =
priviledges=20
in awci worlds.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The GK's do a good job, but that =
doesnt always=20
mean that things like that dont happen&nbsp;- if they do, then action =
is taken=20
pretty quickly, and GK/PK's that abuse their privs are dealt with =
effectively.=20
But Nornny? Acting like that? I dont know *shrug*</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The whole situation is very strange - =
dont worry,=20
the world logs will show what happened. I would say to just calm down, =
and I=20
think it will be passed to Flagg to look into, if he hasnt=20
already.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Facter.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>AW Support</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>"internal affairs" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ji0414 at starlinx.com">ji0414 at starlinx.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a8712ef at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a8712ef at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am very confused right now, but I =
was just=20
ejected from AWGate for simply saying nothing more than a "hello". I =
am=20
assuming this was motivated by what it says on the newsgroups about =
GK's=20
ejecting other gays, but I am not sure. This is the chat log as =
follows=20
explaining what happened EXACTLY: (Note: The only thing edited was =
what some=20
newbie tourists said that didn't relate to anything going. There was =
NOTHING=20
else edited)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIR>
<DIR>
<DIR>
<DIR>
<DIR><FONT color=3D#238e23 size=3D1>
<P>Immigration Officer: Welcome to the Gateway to Active=20
Worlds!</P></FONT><I><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D1>
<P>[Customs Aide]: Welcome, Internal Affairs. For the Conduct =
Guidelines=20
please say World Rules or see=20
<U>http://www.activeworlds.com/conduct.html</P></U></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D1>
<P>[StockQuoteBot]: Hi Internal Affairs. Ask me for stock quotes! =
Whisper=20
HELP or 0:symbol to me, e.g., whisper 0:MSFT :-)</I></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#707070 size=3D1></P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: Hello</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D1>
<P>CeeCee: America has tons of building objects BUT their lots are =
very=20
small</P></B></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: Good day to you all</P></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P><B>CeeCee: Hiyas Internal Affairs</P></B>
<P>A Citizen: hi internal affairs</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: hello ceecee</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D1>
<P>SMOKE JUMPER1: hi internal</P>
<P>cabLecar gaL: hiya IA</P></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal Affairs: =
Have you read the=20
newsgroups yet?</FONT><B><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D1></P></B>
<P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal =
Affairs: About the=20
"situtation"?</P></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>cabLecar gaL: sorry I =
can't say I=20
have IA</P></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal Affairs: =
Very=20
well...</P></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal Affairs: =
Where did=20
VindicatorIII go?</P></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>cabLecar gaL: he is =
brb for a=20
bit</P>
<P>cabLecar gaL: he will be back</P><B>
<P>CeeCee: Don't know IA he said brb and he hasen't come back=20
yet</P></B></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: Very strange</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: Did he sign off?</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>cabLecar gaL: no IA</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: Is there a need for concern?</P></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>cabLecar gaL: nope IA he is still here</P></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: I se</P>
<P>Internal Affairs: err see excuse me</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>cabLecar gaL: hun I have not read it so I donm't know</P><B>
<P>Optimus Prime: Hello everyone :-))</P></B></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: hello OP</P></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal Affairs: =
Good Afternoon=20
OP</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#707070 size=3D1>
<P>"xxsandmanxx": Hi Op.</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>CeeCee: (((((((((((( OP )))))))))</P></B>
<P>SMOKE JUMPER1: hi optimus</FONT><B><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D1></P></B>
<P><B>VindicatorIII: back</P></B>
<P><B>Optimus Prime: hello all It is once again time For Prime =
Time</P>
<P></B></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal =
Affairs: Hello=20
VindicatorIII</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D1>
<P>VindicatorIII: To FLY in AW, use the Plus (+) and Minus (-) keys =
on your=20
numeric keypad. Plus to go UP and Minus to come back DOWN=20
again.</P></B></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal Affairs: =
Spreading some=20
welcome back macros ehy lol?</FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D1></P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P><STRONG>CeeCee: lol IA</STRONG></P>
<P></FONT><I><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D1>VindicatorIII: You are=20
now warned</P></I></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal Affairs: why =
what did I=20
do???</FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#707070=20
size=3D1></P></DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =

color=3D#238e23 size=3D1>
<P>Immigration Officer: You have been ejected from awgate</P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>After being ejected, I had no idea =
why. I=20
didn't break ANY guidelines,&nbsp;so I telegramed VindicatorIII and =
here is=20
what she said in response:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#ff2400 size=3D1>Telegram from VindicatorIII, sent =
8 minutes=20
ago: </P>
<P>This is the only message you will get tonight. Your IP address =
and the=20
full chat log and copies of your telegrams have been passed to AW. I =
intend=20
to have your Citizenship cancelled</P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I&nbsp;told her that I would =
report her for=20
misconduct, and this is what she said back to me:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#ff2400 size=3D1>Telegram from VindicatorIII, =
sent&nbsp;6=20
minutes ago: </P>
<P>You go right ahead.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Telegramming her again resulted in =
no such=20
luck. I,&nbsp;honestly, have no idea why this&nbsp;had to happen. It =
could=20
be something with what happened yesterday in the&nbsp;gate with =
Craig, but I=20
am&nbsp;not sure.&nbsp;I am very disappointed in the current GK =
program. If=20
this kind of behavior keeps up,&nbsp;I can guarantee you =
they&nbsp;won't be=20
seeing another $20 for my renewal next year, nor any referrals from =
other=20
tourists from registering.&nbsp;They really need better screening =
and more=20
careful monitoring of your GKs.=20
=
</FONT></P></FONT></FONT></DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></H=

------=_NextPart_000_0088_01C0948E.ED5DFAC0--

Help desperately needed

Feb 13, 2001, 4:03am
Did you ever check for a new driver for your mouse just in case?
Casay
[View Quote]

FYI Weekend discrimination issue.

Feb 12, 2001, 6:39pm
Thanks again for taking the time do get this cleared up for us. Your being
in here helps so much!
Casay
[View Quote]

A thought...

Feb 13, 2001, 4:08am
New renderware yes, but with tons of hard work by Roland and Hamfon to make
it all work. HAve to give credit where credit is due :-)
Casay

[View Quote]

3.1 Complaints *sigh*

Feb 14, 2001, 2:01pm
Light is restricted because you could flood your neighbors property with it.
Huge abuse potential so a light radius limit was added to the world option.
Casay
[View Quote]

3.1 Complaints *sigh*

Feb 15, 2001, 3:12am
Please reread what I said, we are saying the same thing I think. Also, it
was reported in the Beta NG when 3.1 first came out about the abuse
potential, then it was added to the world settings as an option.
Casay
[View Quote] > : could
> : > think of to describe what I was hearing. lol
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : >
> :

(3.1) Move/Rotate Command enhancement (With examples)

Feb 14, 2001, 8:51pm
After ByteMe did the complex actions on the jack in the box in Objectd' we
decided that there would be a use for rotate- rdone/rstop/rstart and same
for moves. Then it was pointed out to me why not an overall generic stop,
start, done. I did post it in the beta NG when we thought of it but it's
something for the wish list.
Casay
[View Quote]

(3.1) Move/Rotate Command enhancement (With examples)

Feb 14, 2001, 9:40pm
Hmm interesting. I sure hope Byte huriies up and teaches the class on the
astop/start stuff, I could sure use it. That and more examples on the help
page. lol
Casay
[View Quote]

Question to all

Feb 14, 2001, 9:18pm
I agree 100% it would be a nice courtesy if world owners notified before
deleting. I'm sure some do, others don't and that's goes along with how
different ppl are in AW. Although is costs more to own a world this is one
reason why many have decided to get one. When you build in a private world
you're expecting someone to continue paying every year to keep it going.
There's no assurance that someone will re-new one though.

I've built some great places in worlds that no longer exist. Xavworld comes
to mind. It's no longer around. My chidren and I spent almost a week
straight making a home there. I didn't ever expect her not to change the
world though as I knew she might at any time. She had before, her right to
do so though since she was the one paying for the license, hosting etc. I
did take screen shots of it. At least my kids and I do have a great memory
of creating our dream house.

I've always appreciated worlds like Storage and Nova and those world owners
have taken a lot of time to open them up to building. Places like Friends!
have done the same although you have to ask.

If you want something forever though you can't rely on someone else to not
get bored with their world and/or have an earthquake or something happen.
( Like Bit did). I know from your other posts that money is tight for you
but getting your own world might be something to save up for. Hosting a
small world on your PC works well so you won't have the hosting costs at
least. Then you'll have your creations forever and can even make your own
objects at that point too. :-) *that's when it really gets fun*

Just my .02
Casay

[View Quote]

video card prob...

Feb 15, 2001, 12:00pm
Did you delete your cache folder? Always my first step when having problems.
lol
Casay

[View Quote]

Lightwave

Feb 19, 2001, 2:47am
Yes, be sure to post your Lightwave question in the Accutrans NG on Andras's
server. news://andras.net/accutrans
Also, Wayne has a lot of information about what AccuTrans can and can't read
as far as file formats go, including LightWave, in the help file. Look under
help | 3d formats. One thing it doesn't support is spline based objects at
this time. If that's what you are trying to convert, then it won't work.

If you are creating the object in LW, you might try playing around by saving
in other formats and then use AccuTrans to convert to rwx. That's the only
thing I can think of off hand that might allow you to convert spline based
objects. Also, Princess Tia might be a good resourse for you to ask about
converting LightWave objects. She has the world Zuzu. You might catch her
there. Be sure to look at their Avatars, they are very nice and some (all?)
are made in Lightwave I think.

Casay

[View Quote]

What Do You Call the Universes Collectively?

Feb 19, 2001, 2:32am
Thought they were collectively named Uniservers. I do like Eep's idea
though. ;-)
Casay
[View Quote]

er, not quote, Roland...

Feb 25, 2001, 10:06pm
Jeese, this is coming from you????? "...what's the point in bringing it up
in the newsgroup?" At least it's AW related unlike the majority of your
posts.
Casay

[View Quote]

er, not quote, Roland...

Feb 26, 2001, 2:03am
Just an AW citizen. Prolly a newbie huh? ;-)
Casay
[View Quote]

er, not quote, Roland...

Feb 26, 2001, 2:37am
Thanks, maybe I'll learn how all this works huh? *aspires to make objects*
;-)
Casay
[View Quote]

er, not quote, Roland...

Feb 26, 2001, 4:12am
AccuTrans sounds like a great program. I'll have to try it out. Thanks for
sharing the info ;-)
Hugz!!
Casay
[View Quote]

er, not quote, Roland...

Feb 26, 2001, 7:25am
SW Chris was the one that asked who I was. Ananas was just playing along
;-) Ananas has done a lot for AccuTrans too :-)
Another tutorial??? *have to finish this one first.. * lol
Casay

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  8  |