chrispeg // User Search

1  2  |

[552] browser 3.6

Jul 31, 2004, 4:47pm
Sir, you did not read http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/aw36.html, did
you ? ;-)

"eep" <no at spam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:410AF2D7.2B489F26 at spam.com...
> Release notes are release notes--they should be updated regardless.

[View Quote]

[553] browser 3.6

Aug 9, 2004, 4:17pm
Build 553 is available for beta users currently. It will become available to
everyone by tomorrow or at least within the next few days.

Fixed is the issue that telegrams sometimes were not displayed when logging
on to the universe, and no telegram notification were shown in the chat log.
Reason was that the universe sends queued telegrams right after the universe
logon, where it could happen that the user interface for the tab controls
were not yet created and initialized, in particular on slower systems. The
issue was introduced in 3.5 when the tab-controls were added.

Thank you,
Chris Muerwald

Development Department
www.activeworlds.com

[553] browser 3.6

Aug 9, 2004, 8:34pm
Everyone can get the upgrade already.

Chris

"tony m" <tony at crb.3dhost.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:4117f55d at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> If this is supposed to be for beta users... why is "Latest Browser" set to
553? :)

[View Quote]

No media in AlphaWorld???

Aug 16, 2004, 3:55pm
Thanks Mauz,

LNH, have a look at some demo media-signs at AlphaWorld 32743N 15000E also.

Chris

"mauz" <mauz at my.activeworlds.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:4120d7e8$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

[555] browser 3.6

Aug 23, 2004, 1:35pm
Build 555 of the browser will become available later today. The following
fixes and changes are included:

* Fixed an issue with WinXP SP2, where the download window would flash.
* Fixed the user list to be displayed and updated correctly (see 1).
* The url argument of the media command now defaults to "http://" protocol,
in case no other protocol is specified.
* Fixed avatar pitch limits, if an object was selected and look up/down at
the toolbar was hit.
* Grey out popup menu items on the user list, if function is not available
for tourists or bots (see 1).
* Fixed crash-bug, that occured if IE was set to 'Global Offline'-mode
during startup of the embedded web-browser.

1) userlist is not available in the main universe, though.

Many thanks to everyone who helped finding these issues, in particular to
Andras, BCat, kf, Mauz, Strike Rapier, Tengel and Xelag.

Chris Muerwald

Development Department
www.activeworlds.com

[555] browser 3.6

Aug 23, 2004, 3:49pm
"the j0k3r ss" <sdgsd at at fsd.SDfsdf> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:412a2688 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
>a quick question , is that the change list from build 553 to 555 ? cause
>553
> was the previous public beta version i think .

This the list of changes from build 553 to 555.
553 was public release.
554 was available for a handful of testers for one week, including users
from another than the main universe.

The patch upgrades your browser from 553 to 555 directly.

Chris

[555] browser 3.6

Aug 24, 2004, 2:30pm
I am sure you can read: http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/aw36.html

Chris

"themask" <ricky at whaletech.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:412af11c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Now to get this into a changelog somewhere.. or start a side of AW on the
> site where you can see updates or notes of the dev's put there, ideas,
> etc..
>
> --
>
> Signed,
> TheMask
>
> :: Owner of Delusional-Minds Hosting ::
> Free world hosting.. Just a T-Gram will do it.

Problem with AW regarding huge links..

Sep 7, 2004, 3:12pm
Thanks for pointing this out, ferrucio!
Browser build 556 of the browser will fix this issue.

Thanks,
Chris

"ferruccio" <startrek3 at earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:413b94b3 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> If someone sends a huge link by telegram, such as
> http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?PID=1112697&catalogId=2501&params=100x100generic&productId=109777&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FArgosCreateReferral%3FstoreId%3D10001%26langId%3D-1%26referrer%3DCOJUN%26params%3Dadref%253DPersonal+care-%3EElectric+toothbrushes%26referredURL%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FProductDisplay%253FstoreId%253D10001%2526catalogId%253D2501%2526productId%253D109777%2526langId%253D-1&langId=-1&referrer=COJUN&AID=10294381&storeId=10001
>
> It crashes AW.. Does this happen to anyone else?

[556] browser 3.6

Sep 7, 2004, 4:03pm
Build 556 of the browser will become available in the next days.
Fixed is an issue which could lead to crashes if a web url would exceed a
length of 255 characters.

Thanks,
Chris

Gaps in latest Alphaworld objects... (WARNING: A PNG images files attached)

Oct 1, 2004, 5:52am
What you noticed has nothing to do with what you assumed at first. Take a
closer look at the rwx files, compare the transform statements and learn
that the objects in question differ in their sizes slighty.
I will initiate that these objects are been corrected.

Thanks,
Chris

"eep" <no at spam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:415B5E30.66919869 at spam.com...
> AW has floating point errors all OVER the place--and they get worse in
> large worlds the further away one is from GZ and if not building parallel
> to the world axes.
> Seams are another problem, too: http://tnlc.com/eep/aw/improve.html#seams
>
> It's bad enough we can't move objects finer than 1cm increments...

[View Quote]

Gaps in latest Alphaworld objects... (WARNING: A PNG images files attached)

Oct 1, 2004, 8:11am
Look at the original post from legion in the community ng to which you
(Eep²) replied.

"eep" <no at spam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:415D1C33.824B1CFB at spam.com...
> Huh? Which objects are you referring to? If Cubed's modular ground in the
> seams image in that link, they were (and still ARE) 10x10m with only
> varying heights of 1m increments. Regardless, while related to floating
> point errors, seams are a separate issue from gaps in lining up objects
> when building.

[View Quote]

build 557--huh?

Sep 30, 2004, 6:34pm
"eep" <no at spam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:415B9964.D0E28B91 at spam.com...
> C'mon, Chrispeg (or whoever's in charge of AW programming now): update the
> beta release notes!

Eep²,

You find them at the same place as they have been before:
http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/aw36.html

Greetings,
Chris

browser build [558]

Oct 29, 2004, 11:51am
.... Before you ask what has changed in build 558, please look at
http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/aw36.html :-)

Greetings,
Chris

browser build [558]

Oct 29, 2004, 1:25pm
Build 558 had a glitch displaying opacity on avatars correctly. Build 559
fixed it again.

Sorry for inconvenience,
Chris

"chrispeg" <chris at activeworlds.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:41824aff$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> ... Before you ask what has changed in build 558, please look at
> http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/aw36.html :-)
>
> Greetings,
> Chris

Please pass to beta...

Jan 28, 2005, 5:33pm
Hi LNH,

The command you use refers to an object named 'radio'. If this object
becomes out of range, it will stop the media playing. The define media
radius of more than the maximum visibilitiy of 200 meters only affects the
decrease in volume in distance of the played media.
For a full description and to answer your other questions to the media
command you might want to look up
http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/media_command.html.

Enjoy and have fun :)
Chris

"Lady NightHawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:41fa8adb at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Media file radius seems to be messed up. I haven't changed my media so it
> must be browser updates causing this, or perhaps I just never noticed it
> was based on visibility according to the tests below:
>
> Here's a sample of my media file ...
> activate media bcolor=0 color=skyblue name=radio
> url=HTTP://69.51.121.37:8080 "KBBZ Classic Rock" vol=100 radius=500
>
> And yes I think I've heard max radius is 300 or so. But according to these
> tests it seems to be more dependent on visibility settings!?
>
> With visibility at 30m...
> Clickable sign is located at 49N 14W
> Once I get to 49N 11W the media stops
>
> With visibility at float (*about 110m* for my connection/computer)...
> Clickable sign is located at 49N 14W
> Once I get to 49N 7W the media stops
>
> With visibility at 200m...
> Clickable sign is located at 49N 14W
> Once I get to 49N 15E the media stops
> *likes this one best* but I don't like having my vis on 110-200m, I'd
> prefer 60m
> and have the sound continue to play well beyond what my vis may be
>
> Should media be dependent on visibility? It has nothing to do with
> visibility (aside from being attached to an object) ... it's what you
> hear, not what you see. I'd like to suggest perhaps a way to have media
> continue with repetition ... for instance, if I have the same code in a
> sign 3m away then I don't loose the sound because it carries from one to
> the next and so on? Can that be done?
>
> LNH
>

> --

Please pass to beta...

Jan 29, 2005, 1:04am
Look at the "nostart" argument for forwarding a stream from one sign to
another. The "name" argument is not very helpful for these purposes.

1) start a stream
Create sign "Click to start"; active media url=http://my.radio.com:8080
radius=50

2) continue the the same stream, distance to the 1st sign less than 50m
create media url=http://my.radio.com:8080 radius=50 nostart

2) continue the the same stream, distance to the 2nd sign less than 50m
create media url=http://my.radio.com:8080 radius=50 nostart

and so on. You may want to keep the volume at 100% within the given path
following the media-signs by setting radius=200 .

I hope that helps,
Chris

"Lady NightHawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:41fac7cd at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> The object is right beside the sign, for which I have them every 5m or so
> spacing. They go out of range regardless of where the next radio object is
> and seems to be dependent on visibility settings. Thanks for replying
> chrispeg! Hugzzz
>
> LNH

WOW chrispeg (565)!

Jan 30, 2005, 9:38pm
Mark, if I remember well, you were the one who posted it in the beta
newsgroup on LHN's request ;-)

Greetings,
Chris

"Strike Rapier" <markyr at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:41fd668f at server1.Activeworlds.com...
>I just want to stress this isnt personal, im just giving my idea (and my
>solution) as a programmer and software engineer (in training)
>
> - MR

[View Quote]

[567] - Before you ask

Apr 26, 2005, 4:25pm
Hello,

Build 567 of the browser will be available shortly. It includes the the
changes listed at http://www.activeworlds.com/help/aw36/aw36.html .

Thanks to many of you for pointing out potential issues, which helped a
great deal to improve the system again.

Forward looking to the '4th Generation',
Chris

Development Department
Activeworlds, Inc
www.activeworlds.com

AWTeen Seq Bug?

Jun 5, 2005, 8:06am
You can use XelaG's SEQ File Viewer to repair the animation sequences in
AWTeen. Open the seq files and it will tell you what is wrong with them.
Save them, you're done :-)
http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/seqspecs.html

Chris

"JerMe" <JerMe at nc.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:42a221cc$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Tony M and I looked and this problem and tried to capture debug logs for
> it one day.
>
> We only noticed the "jumping" avatar when our avatars were flying and
> moving. We came to the conclusion that the problem is in the fly seq.
>
> This problem had been brought up before, and I had a replacement seq to
> upload to the OP. So, it has been fixed once.
>
> But, if anyone has a correct set of seqs they'd like to donate, that'd be
> great. :-)
>
> -Jeremy

[View Quote]

AWTeen Seq Bug?

Jun 5, 2005, 1:36pm
Please, check all other animation sequences in AWTeen too. You probably will
find
more 'corrupted' seqs.

Btw, these invalid seqs were a cause for crashes back in version 3.4 and
ealrier. These crashing bugs were fixed with 3.5 in Jan 2004, but the
artifacts caused by missing animation frames remained ... that's all ancient
history today ;-)

Thanks,
Chris

"JerMe" <JerMe at nc.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:42a30b97$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Thanks Chris!
>
> Using XelaG's SEQ File Viewer, I found that the initial frames were not
> set on 'qfly1' and 'qfall1'.
>
> I've dumped my cache but I've been unable to re-create the problem. So, I
> can't say for sure yet if this was the cause of the avatar "jumping"
> problem in question, but the seqs definitly had problems that needed to be
> corrected anyways.
>
> Jaguar: Try dumping your cache and going to awteen. Let me know if you can
> recreate the "jumping" avatars.
>
> -Jeremy

[View Quote]

[568] - World owners: important changes in upcoming build 568

Jun 25, 2005, 12:46am
Dear world owners,

Please check your avatars.dat files of your worlds now. With the upcoming
build 568 avatars.dat will be checked for a proper file header. For detailed
description and an example please refer to the newsgroup Worldbuilders
"Version header in avatars.dat" posted a week ago.

Most worlds already have valid file header for avatars.dat. These who did
not check it yet, please do it now before build 568 will be released next
week.

Other changes in build 568:

* Fixed contact list not working correctly after several subsequent
reconnections, relogins or privilege password changes.
* Force a browser restart when desktop resolution changed. This can also
occur when screensavers in 'exclusive 3D mode' are used.

Thanks,
Chris

FYI: Beta Applications

Aug 10, 2005, 9:33pm
We get many applications to join the beta team for the upcomong version
daily.

At this time, in phase 1 and 2 of the 4.1 beta cycle, no further
applications will be accepted.

Bellow you find a brief description of the planned beta phases, for your
information.
Changes to the plan and the schedule for this beta cycle may be applied at
any time.

Phase 1:

Everyone who already is within the beta team is welcome to have a first look
into 4.1. Use this time to get informed about the new features, the changes,
and the new possibilities.

Phase 2:

The actual beta tests start, where we shall work together to get everything
well-running and stable, just as we it did for the last version a good year
ago. :-)

Phase 3:

Opening the beta for a wider audience, including members of the differnt
interest-groups in the whole universe. I was thinking that each group could
send one or two members over to 4.1.

Phase 4:

Final beta, most likely a short period of public beta.

The dates when the phases will start, will be announced seperately.

Thanks for your interest in the upcoming version,

Chris Muerwald

Development Department
Activeworlds, Inc

FYI: Beta Applications

Aug 12, 2005, 5:27pm
Be surprised, Imagine ;)

Chris

"Imagine" <imagines at joimail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:42fb7b9c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hi Chris :)
>
> I am just wondering if they are going to, or could they, add a side view
> the avatars. I know they used to have the side view when you turned the
> avatars. But, they took that view out to add some other view. The side
> view
> is very important to testing new avatars in the world when standing,
> walking, flying. Right now you need to disturbed a person to come model
> for
> you or you need to set up a bot. I don't like using a bot for this because
> the bot can't do the things I need it to do in order to test without a bit
> of hustle between moves.
>
> Please tell me they can put in a side view, I have been asking for this
> view since they took that side turn out :)
>
> Imagine

crash on entry

Oct 22, 2005, 4:29am
The texture mask "pleaf1m.bmp" appears to be a 32bit format, RGB + alpha channel.
Renderware supports 24bit bitmaps, no alpha channel.

"The toolkit provides reading and writing functions for the BMP image format.

BMP stands for Bitmap, and is a standard Microsoft Windows image format. Supports
paletted, 24 bit RGB color, and greyscale images. This format does not support alpha
channels."

Chris

Development Department
Activeworlds, Inc

"SWE" <swe at swehli.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4359d0c0 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> ok, i need help with my world (Tikiland), it's really starting to piss me off now.
> almost 3 out of every 4 people who enter my world (tikiland) crash. it actually got to
> were i couldn't even enter my own world for like a week. not sure whats wrong with it, i
> don't think it's the objects, because sometimes the crashes aren't instant, it sometimes
> only when you start moving, and sometimes as soon as i switch from the aw window (well
> was, i personally don't crash anymore).
> Well, anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it, my world is Tikiland by
> the way
>
> -SWE

Happy Holidays

Dec 24, 2005, 1:19pm
Happy holidays, a merry Christmas and some relaxed days to all of you.

Chris

NewsGroup Hickups

Jun 20, 2006, 8:22pm
Note also, beta accounts in 4.1 have not been set up yet. Please telegram me in world to
set beta rights for you again.

Thanks,
Chris

"Andras" <andras at andras.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:4498665f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Hi Folks,
>
> I just wanted to warn you the newsgroup will have a few hiccups while the transition to
> the 4.1 universe is made for the authentication.
> I'll try my best to minimize those mishaps!
>
> Thanks for your understanding,
> --
> Andras
> "It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

NewsGroup Hickups

Jun 21, 2006, 5:57pm
It takes some time to reassign the beta team to the beta ng. Please do not expect access
before friday this week.

Thanks,
Chris

"chrispeg" <chris at activeworlds.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:4498750e at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Note also, beta accounts in 4.1 have not been set up yet. Please telegram me in world to
> set beta rights for you again.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
>

> "Andras" <andras at andras.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:4498665f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

last ntie

Jul 6, 2006, 7:39pm
Duskbat's hidden bot at Alphaworld GZ has been blocked to enter the world now.

Thanks,
Chris

Activeworlds Inc.
95 Parker Street