ciena // User Search

1  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  |

5 days left on world is it worth me renewing?

Apr 26, 2006, 6:03pm
Well u r discussing it here so hows that working for ya?
[View Quote]

5 days left on world is it worth me renewing?

Apr 26, 2006, 8:34pm
lmao!!! your too funny! :)
[View Quote]

SAW Awards - Thanks!

Apr 30, 2006, 9:19am
What I liked about it was that a committee chose the winners and it wasn't a
popularity contest. Congrats to all the winners:)
[View Quote]

Curious

May 4, 2006, 1:06am
1. I found it searching for 3D chat.
2. I hung out in america GZ and liked everyone there. I also wanted to learn
to build. Sir Gabe taught me to build and Rypp taught me to put roofs on
houses.
3. I been here since December 1997. and joined in February 1998. Name used
to be Nikona.
4. Building and owning worlds and being able to have my oen path.
5. I have built 5 of my worlds and most of the American Builder builds in
america and a huge area in aw.
6. Building, building, building :) and making sprites, art drawings on the
ground using pole2m03.rwx's. Can be seen at America 0.52N 46.63W 0.33a 270
and a picture of them here http://ciena.us/awpics/ground_art_by_ciena.jpg

[View Quote]

Curious

May 4, 2006, 11:14pm
TY it got addictive. I did 10 of them :)
[View Quote]

Growing Up AWstyle

May 5, 2006, 1:02am
LOL that leave me out. im older than dirt!
[View Quote]

I'm not one to complain...

May 7, 2006, 9:44pm
and my back button doesnt work right 1/2 the time
[View Quote]

CY nominations SOON!

May 9, 2006, 6:15pm
No matter unless u have a hella friends u dont stand a chance, Its a
popularity contest and my bot showed me the proof of that.
[View Quote]

CY nominations SOON!

May 9, 2006, 10:16pm
> Sorry to say Ciena, but your bot doest tell anything
it tells me only 3 people even looked,
> Because it up to every single person to visit worlds that are nominated.
> No one can force them to do so.
Thats exactly why its not an honest vote
> I would like to know your solutions for public vote awards, where
> "popularity" is avoided as well
A comittee of honest people like the SAW awards had would be one solution.
All the ones that voted and didnt take the time to look at them all did not
give an honest vote.
> Because it is like with Movies, a very good movie, get a lot of visitors,
> and often win a oscar.
> But movies that is not good, will not win.
How can u compare to a movie? If NO ONE went to the movies how would anyone
know if the movie is good or not?
> Same is it in AW, if it is very popular world; it is a big chance it will
> win, because many like it, and will because of that vote on it.
there ya go! thats popularity. They like it because friends hang out there
not because it has good builds.
> People should vote on what they like, I call that democracy, and hope it
> stays that way.
How do they know what they like if they havent looked at others??
How can u choose between peanut butter and jelly if u never tasted it
befor??
[View Quote]

CY nominations SOON!

May 10, 2006, 2:32pm
Not neccessarily. How do u know whats good if u havent looked around. U
really wanna see "good" ? take a look at some of these other awesome worlds.
And I can name several. "SWE" <swe at swehli.com> wrote in
message news:446210e4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
>I agree, sure it's a popularity contest, but things get popular because
>they're good.
> it might not be perfect,but you can be sure that whatever wins will most
> probably be one of the best.
>
> -SWE

Scavenger hunt

May 10, 2006, 12:55pm
Hi. America is going to have a scavenger hunt June 28 thru July 2. We
have a lot of great prizes donated by various citizens, modelers and AWI,
including p30 worlds and cits or extensions along with gift certificates and
great models for prizes. So far 28 in all. More will be added as we get
them. Anyone wishing to donate please gram me, Ciena. All donations will be
greatly appreciated. This is not like the egg hunts, You actually have to
hunt for these. Look behind and above everthing and in every nook and cranny
to find them. Andras has so graciously offered the use of his bots to keep
score. Tourists welcome. You must click on the picture teleport to get to
each hunt site. There you will see signs with riddles you must solve to
guess the object you are looking for, and/or a list of objects to look for.
Objects will have 10 to 100 points. A harder riddle will be there also. You
must solve it then find those objects which will have 1000 points. When you
are ready to move on to the next site click on the picture sign to teleport
there. There you will see a new set of riddles and or list, etc. GZ will be
placed at the starting point on the day of the hunt. Starting June 28th,
12PM VRT and ending July 2nd 8PM VRT.Winners will be announced on July 3th.
For more info go here http://www.kitchenvisions.com/ I ask if world owners
would be so kind to place this pic sign in thir worlds please. create
picture ciena.us/awpics/america01.jpg;activate url kitchenvisions.com The
hunt will last 5 days to give everyone a chance to download all the hunt
areas and still have time to hunt. Thank you ...Ciena

Podcasting Community Into 3D Chatting - But IS NOT Doing It On ActiveWorlds...

May 12, 2006, 8:38pm
i been there and it does suck. ppl there r very unfriendly too. aw still is
the best.
[View Quote]

upgrades

May 12, 2006, 2:44pm
Hi. I am going to upgrade my puter and wanted to know if anyone has had any
experience with the AMD line of chips. Would like your input on socket 754
and 939 chip sets. What is your preference?

Seaside

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C678EF.DFDDA6C0

awww how cute :) looks like she is near your puter. does she try to help =
u type hehe :)
[View Quote] <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>awww how cute :) looks like she is near =
your puter.=20
does she try to help u type hehe :)</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"Garnet" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:red.garnet at verizon.net">red.garnet at verizon.net</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:4469b564$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:4469b564$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Kitty?? Did you say Kitty?? heres my new kitty =
:)&nbsp;=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"http://garnet.0catch.com/pictures/newkitty9.jpg">http://garnet.0c=
atch.com/pictures/newkitty9.jpg</A>&nbsp;=20
She helps me in CitBingo and my games :) <A=20
=
href=3D"http://garnet.0catch.com/pictures/newkitty8.jpg">http://garnet.0c=
atch.com/pictures/newkitty8.jpg</A>&nbsp;=20
isn't she a cutie!!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C678EF.DFDDA6C0--

Seaside

May 19, 2006, 6:57pm
come on guys this belongs in the General ng's not the community.
[View Quote]

here we go again

May 28, 2006, 10:10am
If u can run 3.6 on your puter then u should be able to run 4.1
[View Quote]

I'm turning blue...

May 29, 2006, 8:49pm
lol blue is a pretty color :)
[View Quote]

I'm turning blue...

May 30, 2006, 11:06am
TY for that link, its awesome :) i been checking on the eagles often and saw
her feeding her babies this morning! soooo cool! :))
[View Quote]

full screen

Jun 1, 2006, 3:05pm
For those of you that like to use the full screen browser u know that u cant
tell if anyone is talking to u. I have found that Chat to Speech is a great
little tool that lets u know if anyone is saying anything to u. It's very
simple to use. Just open it and drag the finder tool to your chat window. I
love it so i can build and if anyone joins me or starts talking i can hear
them. also if u have the aw browser down u can hear if anyone is there
talking to u. It can be downloaded here, http://www.xs4all.nl/~runay/

[4.1 Build 949] Goobzilla

Jun 11, 2006, 6:25pm
yup u r right. i had a bat with flapping wings and made a flock of them
flying in beta and it worked. I can no longer get it to work here. i see one
bat fly then dissappear and nothing more.
[View Quote]

World Server

Jun 5, 2006, 11:32pm
Thats what i have always done. Just put each worlds name on them.
[View Quote]

Change in America Bingo II

Jun 4, 2006, 1:32am
Woohoo! :))
[View Quote]

What. The. Hell?

Jun 4, 2006, 9:34am
hmmmm anyone ever notice its usually the teens that cuss?
[View Quote]

[4.1 Build 950] :

Jun 8, 2006, 9:25am
I think "Add on Bump " means to add another person. So u don't need single
rider checked unless u only want 1 rider. becuase it already knows there
will be a rider with the ability to add another rider.
[View Quote]

Undocumented feature (midi notes)

Jun 7, 2006, 9:08am
There is a piano in america at the ammusement park also. we also have bumper
car and lazy river ride done with v4 features. We r still working on other
rides
[View Quote] news:4486778b at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> If you look around in AWGate you might see a piano :D
> It uses a new feature in 4.1 I can't really find any documentation for.
> Here's an example command to make it work:
> "activate midi instr=1 note=60"
> Instrument #1 happens to be a piano and note #60 is C4.
> The command can be made global with the global flag.
> There's a handy guide to which note numbers correspond to keyboard keys at
> Wikipedia
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:NoteNamesFrequenciesAndMidiNumbers.svg).
>
> You'll have to explore the instrument numbers for yourself ;)

Undocumented feature (midi notes)

Jun 7, 2006, 9:12am
we will also have an organ and drums u can play.
[View Quote]

Undocumented feature (midi notes)

Jun 7, 2006, 9:14am
LOL no it.s not hehe :)
[View Quote]

Undocumented feature (midi notes)

Jun 9, 2006, 11:37pm
this is middle C note.... create color white;activate midi instr=1 note=60
global C# would be ... create color 0;activate midi instr=1 note=61 global
u can number them higher and lower for the rest of the notes. We have a 7
octave piano in america at the amusement park at 33.18N 40.20E -0.08a 0 u
can look at that one for reference. u can add more notes than what we have
but 7 octaves is sufficiant. we also have bumper car rides and a lazy river
ride and bikes and a shooting gallery. and a midway. its still in
construction buts that what we have so far.
[View Quote]

4.1 texture/mask bug

Jun 8, 2006, 2:33pm
I have always used 2color also and all my sprites r working fine.
[View Quote]

Able to reply

Jun 9, 2006, 8:10am
No one can make u feel anything. If u choose to be pissed of then u will be.
But u can also choose to not let them have that power over u and take
controll of your own feelings and choose to go one about your life.
[View Quote]

1  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  |