bowen ten.sardna@newob // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  |

AW traslations

Oct 17, 2003, 6:13pm
[View Quote] I forget what nombre is, but it's not a verb like llamar is. Adverb
maybe, but who knows. Spanish hasn't helped me in the past 8 years and
I doubt it's going to help me anywhere in the near future -- hurrah for
Spanish.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
I know you want to join my army.

AW traslations

Oct 19, 2003, 4:11pm
[View Quote] In the nonpersonal sense, yes. "I name that a baseball" not "My name is
Frankie." The two are not one in the same and nombre is not the right
word to use to describe how you are called, thus, llamar.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
I know you want to join my army.

AW_CLICKED_POLYTAG attribute for AW_EVENT_??_CLICK SDK callbacks

Oct 20, 2003, 8:00pm
[View Quote] That would be nice, but how would you want it to work? :)

http://bowen.homelinux.com
I know you want to join my army.

AW_CLICKED_POLYTAG attribute for AW_EVENT_??_CLICK SDK callbacks

Oct 20, 2003, 9:55pm
[View Quote] > What'd be nice is if it returned the X Y and Z values of where you clicked
> (I mean X Y and Z of the object.. not of its position). Then you could make
> mini keypads etc.

That would be hot.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
I know you want to join my army.

AW_CLICKED_POLYTAG attribute for AW_EVENT_??_CLICK SDK callbacks

Oct 22, 2003, 6:23pm
[View Quote] LoL... ;)

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

[Police] Megaphone

Oct 21, 2003, 5:55pm
[View Quote] > Codewarrior, don't let people like this discourage you.....keep on keeping on.
> Great ideas come from small thoughts.

Yay, another thing we agree on.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
I know you want to join my army.

[Police] Megaphone

Oct 21, 2003, 6:23pm
[View Quote] > Your scaring me Bowen :) hehe

I'm scaring you? I'm scaring me!

http://bowen.homelinux.com
I know you want to join my army.

GIF patent expires, let there be image support!

Oct 26, 2003, 5:55am
[View Quote] > I remember AW saying, years ago, about not supporting GIF because they would
> have to pay royalities. But they did imply interest in using use once the
> patent expires, which has happened several months ago.
>
> ...so? ;)

Sooooo... what about MNG too?

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

"stay" move command.

Nov 3, 2003, 5:28am
[View Quote] AW isn't full of people period. The people who want to vandelize can't
dish out $70. Nor will $70 go unnoticed on stolen credit cards.

The only problem AW's denizens have with the move and such commands is
that they destroy the "classic" feel. To which I say, who cares, you're
not forced to use them. Boo hoo, you don't like to rotate a fan? Well
use astart commands. Maybe you'd all like just CY and a room full of
PP01's and whatever the floors were with a mailbox as your only objects.
I don't know, it just seems stupid not to turn on all the features on
the flagship of this universe. It's the only thing left that they have
short of AWTeen and AWGate. Unless RPGs are up your ally -- which you
definately wouldn't be paying money for this if that was your sole passion.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

Area Full

Oct 31, 2003, 3:53pm
[View Quote] I thought it was common knowledge the SDK documentation was woefully
inadequate.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

Area Full

Oct 31, 2003, 6:33pm
[View Quote] Object properties are also used in cell calculation.

The current method needs to be revamped -- and an option for world
owners to have an unlimited cell size. (also for browsers to control
the max polygon per scene, just in case some wacko's decide they need
200,000,000 polygon sized objects everywhere) Afterall, Users pay for
their world they should have control over what goes in there. And
people know their hardware, so if they know they can't handle more than
1 million polygons, they should have control over that.

Why should object descriptions and actions be part of the cell size?
Also, there does need to be an object change feature. So that you can
change an object that's currently in a full cell. I know I've needed it
multiple times in public worlds.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

Area Full

Nov 1, 2003, 4:15am
[View Quote] > cool.. that mean i can have a p-10 and build veticly up into the sky and
> make as much room as any size world.. just vericly :-P i always wanted to
> make a skyscraper that was fully detailed on every floor.

3d cells. Although I see nothing wrong with have unlimited
vertically... it doesn't let you do _that_ much.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

extension to the local path feature

Nov 1, 2003, 2:23pm
[View Quote] Why would IIS be your first choice? Right, I forgot, nevermind.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

Voice Chat

Nov 3, 2003, 9:54pm
[View Quote] > That would be hot, I'm in There also, and voice chat is a VERY useful and
> cool thing. Nice to be able to talk to people by voice. I also think this
> would be useful to implement into AW (Shoutcast too).

Roger Wilco.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

Voice Chat

Nov 3, 2003, 10:27pm
[View Quote] > Roger Wilco is a decent third party program to use for voice chat,
> Bowen. But what if I owned my own world, universe or galaxy and wanted
> to hold a live "virtual seminar" about a certain topic? I'd love to be
> able to use voice chat and speak to the people there (without having to
> inconvenience everyone by telling them to go download additional voice
> chat software such as Roger Wilco or TeamSpeak). It'd also be nice to
> hear the audience members ask me questions quicker than it would take to
> type them out.
>
> If I wanted to do such a thing currently, I'd either have to type
> everything out via text to the audience, setup some type of streaming
> audio outside of AW, or have a bot rotate large prerecorded WAV or MP3
> files. It would be so much easier if AW had built-in voice chat. And I
> really don't see a reason why they shouldn't add it, since members of
> other VR communities will most likely be "expecting it" if they ever try
> AW and there are numerous free or cheap speech codecs out right now.

I do believe roger wilco offers the ability to integrate with existing
code. The only problem is will Shamus do it...

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

Detachable tabs

Nov 6, 2003, 11:55pm
[View Quote] Alpha has a feature similar. I don't think you can detact certain tabs,
but you can detact them.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

splines

Nov 9, 2003, 6:07pm
We need splines.

Something like this in the RWX:

#!Spline

ModelBegin
ProtoBegin spline1
Vertex -1 0 1 UV 0 4 #! prelight .5 .5 .5
Vertex 1 0 1 UV 4 4
Vertex 1 0 -1 UV 4 0
Vertex -1 0 -1 UV 0 0
Texture mcement5
TextureModes Foreshorten Lit
Quad 1 2 3 4
ProtoEnd
ProtoBegin spline2
Vertex -.01 0 .01 UV 0 4
Vertex .01 0 .01 UV 4 4
Vertex .01 0 -.01 UV 4 0
Vertex -.01 0 -.01 UV 0 0
Texture null
TextureModes Foreshorten Lit
Quad 1 2 3 4
ProtoEnd
ClumpBegin
spline1
spline2
ClumpEnd
ModelEnd

This would then allow for the browser to spline an object and fit it the
world dynamically (terrain and other objects). I think this would be a
great thing to have -- you could also have a world option to
automatically spline objects so that they, as a whole, would fall down
completely (would mess up a lot of builds). Since it's browser side,
turning it on and off wouldn't mess up it's actual location (like for
propdumps) so turning it on and off wouldn't destroy buildings.

I think this is a must have idea, thanks to Baro for the part of the RWX
and such. ;)

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

New Registering Screen on AW Website

Nov 13, 2003, 12:18am
Honestly? It's easier to just ask someone their age and have them lie
about it then "lie" on this crazy server registration thing and stuff.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

New Registering Screen on AW Website

Nov 14, 2003, 2:45am
[View Quote] No, the internet has changed all of that. Now since you can order games
online, there's no way to enforce it. Now, buying the game is a
different story, most likely the Duty officials will confisicate it.

As for distrubuting the product physically in Germany, I don't believe
the blood/gore rule applies. I think you're talking about the
NAZI/Swastika law in games -- which is why Day of Defeat is the way it
is. Not to mention that Germany has one of the top Counter-Strike
players in the world, so obviously they got a game with blood/gore in it
somehow.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

New Registering Screen on AW Website

Nov 15, 2003, 3:58pm
[View Quote] > "bowen" <ten.sardna at newob> wrote in
> news:3fb45df9$2 at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

> The blood/gore stuff is so that you have to either remove gore, make it
> green or something, or they put an 18 year age limit or something on it.
> They don't completely ban the game.
>
> What I meant earlier was that AWI should move to Iraq, that way they
> wouldn't be under any laws.

In 99% of games on the market, you can turn it off.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

visible range property for all objects

Nov 15, 2003, 5:09am
[View Quote] No, there's buildings waayyyy out there.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

Re: Cut Away

Nov 15, 2003, 4:30pm
[View Quote] Okay, sorry to be an asshole about this, but, that would create the
laggiest lag hell I've ever lagged. Now, to create dynamic objects like
cubes, triangles, rectangle sides would be a different story. But
taking parts of other objects would just be insanely horrible. :-\

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

new right menu option in browser

Nov 18, 2003, 8:45pm
Calm down TechnoZeus. :P

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

AW please release findings

Nov 26, 2003, 4:06pm
Delete the sound, problem solved.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

aw_terrain_load_node

Dec 5, 2003, 6:08pm
[View Quote] As I'm sure you're no doubt aware, Terrain in the SDK is very
undocumented and hazardous.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideas.

I will go into hiding for wishing this

Dec 10, 2003, 7:01am
[View Quote] > How about a newsgroup reader built into the browser?

That would actually be fairly cool. New users that aren't so computer
savvy could post here and get help for questions they didn't know just
then. Or they could get flamed.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideajuice.

Privacy, Checkmark Problem

Dec 10, 2003, 11:59pm
[View Quote] Removing the person from your contact list restores their access to the
default browser settings. Simply re-add them (it should work).

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideajuice.

Solution-well kinda

Dec 16, 2003, 7:12pm
[View Quote] > GMm./r^2

> You think Shamus could code could code that radially?!?!?! Ive gota bigger
> chance of being able to integrate the damned thing.

Well most people don't realize that gravity isn't a pull, but a bending
of space-time. So you have to simulate the bend (Which happens to be a
pull in most cases -- which is what we can best simulate). So basically
everything that's allowed would have to move towards that object. It
can be done... but it'd takes some seriuos testing and a completely
revamped physics engine. In AW's case I'm guessing it's going to be
processor intensive.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideajuice.
I am in no way a physicist. Any views on gravity I have may be proven
wrong in the future. As far as I've heard, Hawkings agrees with me at
this point in time.

Solution-well kinda

Dec 16, 2003, 10:18pm
[View Quote] Well gravitational forces so minute are usually ignored. I think the
purpose was to allow for objects to "land" on other objects and for
people to be able to stand on moving objects... etc.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideajuice.

Solution-well kinda

Dec 18, 2003, 1:30am
[View Quote] > Actually... because AW objects don't have a (visible) unit of friction
> assigned to em, the frictional coefficent mew would be ziltch.. as a result
> you would be able to move across any plane perpendicular to the
> gravitational field... But wouldent be able to move up very quick...
>
> - Mark R
> PS: For those of you that are interested... Im making a rail gun for my
> physics project (and calling it 'magnetic momentum'.. just so they let me do
> it) and I just fired a 200g mass out of the end of it using a meager 20
> volts... at 30 miles per hour... and the powerpack goes up to 5Kv

True rail guns accelerate matter close to the speed of light. Well,
they're supposed to. People call things that use magnetic fields to
propel items rail guns.

http://bowen.homelinux.com
Give me ideajuice.

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  |