chiklit // User Search

1  2  3  |

Intigrated(Local) Sun/Moon Rotation

Jul 27, 2004, 6:41pm
None of this really has much to do with my original suggestion of having
a built in timer-like option. :P

[View Quote]

Intigrated(Local) Sun/Moon Rotation

Jul 28, 2004, 8:44pm
That's nada mas :)

[View Quote]

All ActiveWorlds Hackers Finally Gone!

Aug 23, 2002, 3:39am
Uh freedom? What were they stopping you from doing?

[View Quote]

really wierd dumb question

Aug 27, 2002, 8:37pm
I went to the Orlando airport last November for thanksgiving vacation and as
far as I know there is no power plant there. Course we landed at night so I
may be wrong.

[View Quote]

Funny Enzo!

Sep 5, 2002, 9:08am
"robbie" <thetruth at awteen.org> wrote in
news:3d76ffd9 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> heh, Status has been playing with his world server again.
>
> Basically its possible to edit the world server to change the messages
> forwarded to the browsers of the users in the world quite easily. one
> of the easiest being to make it make bots appear as citizens - then
> here merely logs in a chat bot as [E N Z O] and has some fun. The same
> thing happened when Gavroche was creating tourists and changing
> peoples citnums in AntiCrax last year.
>
> -Robbie

Nope. Actually it's not Status' world it's mine and he's not the one doing
it. And no that wasn't a bot. It was a real person. Just come in the world
Rpg when mods online and ask to see tourist "X"

To those of you who use ChatZone3D

Sep 8, 2002, 12:41am
You can get it at www.chatzone3d.co.uk you have to sign up to be a beta
tester first though

[View Quote]

Cats

Sep 12, 2002, 9:18pm
uh... this is just stuff from the musical Cats.

[View Quote]

Re: use a bot to add commands to objects!

Oct 10, 2002, 12:01am
HTML makes it a lot eaiser to read cause you can use more then one font for
the code so it doesn't get jumbled all togeather

[View Quote]

Re: use a bot to add commands to objects!

Oct 10, 2002, 12:02am
o.0 how'd this get in general discussion
[View Quote]

Is E N Z O

Oct 21, 2002, 2:28pm
In other words they hacked the browser or used AWHack and didn't report it
to them.

BOTanium!

Oct 21, 2002, 2:19pm
Well it does kinda make sense since it's only opened to beta users.

translator

Oct 21, 2002, 2:24pm
www.translate.ru
www.worldlingo.com
www.systranet.com

Those are all good ones Systranet has the most languages but most of the
uncommon ones have very small dictionarys. World lingo is good for Dutch and
German but it doesn't even know to put the verb before the subject in a
question in Spanish. Translate.ru is the best one I've found and can do good
Russian and other languages.

Needed: C/C++ Programmers!

Oct 31, 2002, 12:19am
wasting more bandwidth complaning about html = bad :P

--
OS: Windows XP Prof. Build 2600
Processor: AMD Athlon, 1.2GHz

Re: Hosting Agreement (was Re: download problem)

Nov 12, 2002, 4:02am
Angelfire's pay hosting supports remoting downloading

--
OS: Windows XP Prof. Build 2600
Processor: AMD Athlon, 1.2GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0810)
Card: ATI Radeon 7000/VE 32MB (Driver Recent As of 10-14-02)
Video Mode: DX7 (w/o T&L)
Version: 3.4 Beta Build 442
[View Quote]

AW Flight Mode - How to get it before they think to introduce it in AW 5.9 or something...

Nov 19, 2002, 7:05am
Isn't it the same speed now as it was in 3.1 it slowed down for 3.2 and 3.3
then sped up again

--
OS: Windows XP Prof. Build 2600
Processor: AMD Athlon, 1.2GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0810)
Card: ATI Radeon 7000/VE 32MB (Driver Recent As of 10-14-02)
Video Mode: DX7 (w/o T&L)
Version: 3.4 Beta Build 442
[View Quote]

Windows Update

Nov 19, 2002, 7:01am
I've had a lot of problems with www.windowsupdate.com doing something like
this. It'll say "Preparing for download" and one hour later it's still
preparing.

--
OS: Windows XP Prof. Build 2600
Processor: AMD Athlon, 1.2GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0810)
Card: ATI Radeon 7000/VE 32MB (Driver Recent As of 10-14-02)
Video Mode: DX7 (w/o T&L)
Version: 3.4 Beta Build 442
[View Quote]

aim features

Nov 27, 2002, 7:51pm
oh so that's what it doing. My computer has a hard enough time not crashing
when loading OE by itself much less AIM and Windows Messenger >_<

--
OS: Windows XP Prof. Build 2600
Processor: AMD Athlon, 1.2GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0810)
Card: ATI Radeon 7000/VE 32MB (Driver Recent As of 10-14-02)
Video Mode: DX7 (w/o T&L)
Version: 3.4 Beta Build 445
[View Quote]

High CPU Usage

Nov 30, 2002, 5:20pm
I noticed this too but it seemed to have no effect on preformance.

--
OS: Windows 2000 Prof.
Processor: AMD Athlon, 1.2GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0810)
Card: ATI Radeon 7000/VE 32MB (Driver Recent As of 10-14-02)
Video Mode: DX7 (w/o T&L)
Version: 3.4 Beta Build 446
[View Quote]

Money Converter

Dec 2, 2002, 8:06am
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a converter that converts
the amount to that of another time peroid or date instead of another
country.

--
OS: Windows 2000 Prof.
Processor: AMD Athlon, 1.2GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0810)
Card: ATI Radeon 7000/VE 32MB (Driver Recent As of 10-14-02)
Video Mode: DX7 (w/o T&L)
Version: 3.4 Beta Build 446

AW Respository

Aug 22, 2002, 5:49pm
It's one of the themes that come with FrontPage 2002

[View Quote]

AW Respository

Aug 23, 2002, 5:32pm
Well you're in luck. I've managed to find almost all AW versions going back
to AW 1.0 build 130. All of which are now avaliable on the site.

[View Quote]

AW Respository

Aug 23, 2002, 5:57pm
Well I figured sence they can't use it in the aw universe anyway. and sence
anyone can download it from their servers. and so far as I know the only one
you can use it in it awedu sence dlp and ow upgraded their uniservers to not
allow 3.4 betas.

[View Quote]

Slow Moving Throughout AW

Sep 8, 2002, 2:59am
A 233MHz is more then obsolete it's not even worth having. Why not upgrade a
1.3MHz only costs $799

[View Quote]

Slow Moving Throughout AW

Sep 8, 2002, 4:40am
uh lets see... 233MHz to 1,300MHz... yeah I'd say that would be quite a
difference.

[View Quote]

Alpha World Building With Special Commands

Sep 8, 2002, 3:19pm
Yes, Take a look at AWTeen. The only vandalism there involves actually
putting the object there. Not with the move or rotate commands.

[View Quote]

[AWNews] Stirring the Virtual Melting Pot: Sept. 2002

Sep 12, 2002, 8:46pm
This is actually from a paper I wrote for history but here it is anyway:

September 11 started out as any other day in the 365 of the year. It was
hazy over Manhattan island as usual and in the lower 70s. That is until,
8:45 am when the first plane hit the first tower. This was a surprise but it
was not, as of yet, thought of as a terrorist attack. After all there have
been close calls before and a plane flew into the Empire State Building once
before in 1912. Instantly a fire broke out in the explosive airplane fuel.
Throwing papers out windows, with the clouds blocking out the sun, it looked
like a snowy night outside. Flaming debris was laying on the ground along
with lots of other things thrown out of the building. Then 18 minutes later
at 9:03 am the South Tower was hit by United Airlines Flight 175. By now
most people suspect a terrorist attack. At 9:30 am the President makes his
first announcement stating the country has suffered "an apparent terrorist
attack". At 9:40 am, for the first time in US History, the FAA (Federal
Aviation Administration), halts all flights over the US and states that any
unaccounted for airplanes will be shot down and that all incoming flights
will be diverted to Canada. It was too late for the Pentagon though. At 9:43
am the Pentagon was hit by American Airlines Flight 77. Luckily, the side it
hit was undergoing renovation and most people in the building escape without
injury. Eventually 20 minutes apart from each other the North and South
Tower collapse.

This turned out to be one of the worst days in US history. Comparable only
to the bombing of Pearl Harbor. I remember the first time I heard about it.
We were sitting in Ms. Fried's class and she had the radio on. We has been
in her class for about 8 minutes when the plane hit the pentagon Then in art
they started calling the whole school out for "early dismissal" name by
name. They didn't say what it was for or why but it was obviously because of
what happened. When I got home my mom had news channel 11 on and they had a
helicopter view of the burning buildings. I got online and it seamed that
there wasn't anyone who hadn't heard about it. And considering most of my
friends live in other countries that was nonetheless somewhat weird feeling.

Could all of this had been prevented? Some people think so. On August 15,
2001 flights instructors in Minneapolis phoned the FBI about 2 men with bad
English wanting to learn how to fly a 747 but not takeoff or land. This memo
was for the most part cast aside not again to be noticed until after the
fact.

This also affected my dad at work who works with the Philadelphia -
Baltimore area for Verizon. The Verizon building for Manhattan was only a
few blocks away from the World Trade Center. Once the first plane hit they
were working on rerouting the phone lines to divert them from the World
Trade Center. Then once they collapsed knocking down the antenna on the top
of tower one they had to get phone services to all the downed area's within
2 weeks. They resorted to running wires out windows from the switching
offices and down along the streets because they couldn't get under them.

It is unsure what will happen in the future. There have been scares such as
people attaching bombs on to the bottom of passenger ships. And words used
have become more forewarning such as once future acts of terrorism were
"probable" now they're "inevitable". The war on terrorism will be an eternal
war. Never ending, never stopping, never being able to be defeated.

"And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled:
for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation
shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be
famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers (diverse) places. All
these are the beginning of sorrows. And then shall many be offended, and
shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false
prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. But he that shall endure unto
the end, the same shall be saved." - Matthew 24:6-8, 10-11, 13.

[AWNews] Stirring the Virtual Melting Pot: Sept. 2002

Sep 12, 2002, 9:14pm
And this is the full story of what happened to me that day.

As many have stated before me it started out as a typical September day.
School had only started a few weeks ago and already things weren't going to
well. From already having 2 fights starting in school and finding out that
my friend (who at the time was only 13) was already smoking kind of got my
spirits down to the point that I barely wanted to come out of my room. When
we got into homeroom that day at around 8:20am I sat down awaiting a normal,
typical, boring day. Strangely enough we were just starting to talk about
WWI in history and other such things. History ended at around 9am or so (I
don't really remember my schedule anymore) and we went on to Spanish, which
as usual was boring, and doing repeats of Donde esta? and Qual es la fecha?.
As of yet we hadn't heard anything although by that time both of the towers
had already been hit. This was nothing unusual in my school considering no
one tells anyone anything. I doubt even most of the teachers knew. After
Spanish was over we proceeded to English where Ms. Fried had her radio on.
CNN was talking about possible suspects and we sat down to listen.
Eventually they started to mention about how the planes crashed into the
World Trade Centers and how the FCC had barred all commercial flights. For
all that time the class was silent. No one saying a word or doing much of
anything. When English we (or at least I since we didn't have the same
specials) went to Art class with Ms. Berlin. The people from my class seamed
to be the only ones who had heard the news (not even the teacher knew about
it) and started spreading it. About 15 minutes into class a voice came over
the intercom saying "Will the following people please come down the main
office for early dismissal". Slowly they started calling every single person
in the schools name off as their parents arrived. Later I found out that the
reason we were being "officially" dismissed was not because of the attacks
but because Maryland governor had declared a state of emergency in order to
be able to provide emergency services to NY. It wasn't until I got home that
I saw the first images of what happened. My mom had on channel 23 (which
broadcasts NBC news) and they were showing an aerial view of the smoke
bellowing out of the first world trade center. I immediately rushed to my
room and turned on the TV and started AW. The first person I talked to was
SpunkyMonkey (creator of the Quazar laser tag in AWTeen) then to a few of my
friends online. I could not find one person that did not know about what had
happened. My friend from Germany set up a live video stream of the news
there, as I also did, they were slowing footage of the British prime Minster
speaking about the attacks with a German voice repeating what he was saying
(in German of course). The rest of the week went on as usual with the death
count constantally changing.

AW statistics?

Sep 12, 2002, 9:14pm
aw.funetwork.net has some staticstics.

[View Quote]

Deadly Shooting Spree In Montgomery County (In Maryland, USA)

Oct 3, 2002, 5:55pm
Ok just a little background information for those of you that don't know
where montgomery county is it's in Maryland near Washinton D.C. in the US.

Five people are dead after what authorities believe to be a random shooting
spree in public places in several Washington D.C. suburbs. The shootings
happened within a one mile radius of one another. Detectives are attempting
to determine whether the shootings late Wednesday and early today were
related. Police are searching for a white cargo van with black lettering,
possibly with damage to the lift in the back. The first person killed was a
55-year-old man shot in the parking lot of a grocery store yesterday
afternoon. Then a man riding a lawnmower was killed this morning around
7:45. Another man was shot to death about a half hour later, while pumping
gas at a Mobil station. Roughly a half-hour later, a woman died at a post
office next to the Leisure World retirement community in Silver Spring after
being shot in the head. In the fifth shooting, a woman was shot and killed
at 10 a.m. at a Shell gas station in Kensington while vacuuming her van.

Baltimore County Public Schools Canceling Interscholastic Athletic Events

TOWSON (October 3, 2002) - Baltimore County Public Schools have cancelled
all outdoor afternoon and evening activities, including all interscholastic
athletic activities, as a precaution following this morning's series of
fatal shootings in Montgomery County.

All indoor activities, including parent-teacher conferences and evening high
school, will be held as normal.

Deadly Shooting Spree In Montgomery County (In Maryland, USA)

Oct 3, 2002, 9:38pm
geese sorry, I didn't know it would take some weirdo to kill 2,000+ people
just to be important

[View Quote]

1  2  3  |