the joker ss // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  |

What to look for in a video card?

Jul 3, 2002, 4:53am
the new Nvidea gefroce 4 ti4200 are fast and not that expensive about 250 $
here

"eric" <eric at disaxiom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d229bdd$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Ok, I'm looking into buying a new video card for my comp (i currently have
> an ATI Radeon DDR 32mb), but I'm finding myself clueless as to what to
look
> for in a good card. I mean yeah, the more memory the better, but all that
> other technical stuff boggles me to no end. So, what do I look for in a
> video card, and does anyone know of any good ones (that are affordable)
that
> will last for a long time (or at least a long time as computers go).
>

> -Eric

What to look for in a video card?

Jul 3, 2002, 5:17am
4600 is like double expensive , and just a lil faster , even if you have the
500 $ , i would pick the ti4200 without a doubt

"eric" <eric at disaxiom.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d229fae$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> I just looked at that one.. whats the difference between it and the ti4400
> and ti4600 besides considerable price? :P

[View Quote]

What to look for in a video card?

Jul 3, 2002, 8:03pm
eric , just buy any card with a geforce 4 ti 4200 , its one of the best ,
and not expensive :) you wont regret it

"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d234606$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> oh :-P Well, let me know when ya get it setup. I'm still on a 16MB vid
card
> and dying to get a 128MB (waiting for Matrox's new vid card which will top
> the geforce 4) :-)

[View Quote]

What to look for in a video card?

Jul 4, 2002, 12:32am
for 200 you allready have a fast athlon

"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d23b214$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> $1500? pfft!
> Spend like $150 for a Duron 900mhz and a newer mobo package and you'll be
> fine for the GeForce4

[View Quote]

What to look for in a video card?

Jul 4, 2002, 1:10am
yeh ... instead of buying a 250 $ geforce 4 , spend it on a nice athlon + mb

"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d23b667 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> dunno if you could get a mobo with that, though./

[View Quote]

Outer Worlds

Jul 6, 2002, 3:29pm
they are friendly till you say you are from AW lol

"john" <johnfricker at lineone.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d26c137 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Since AW has raised prices so much I think people should join the friendly
> place called OUTER WORLDS. http://www.outerworlds.com

Let tourists back in Alphaworld!!

Jul 23, 2002, 4:14am
somehow , its their decision if they dont want tourists in their world ,
they dont pay for things like badnwith and stuff , but i totaly disagree
with the fact you have to pay to let tourists into your world

"the derek" <imthederek at yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d3ce9f0$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> i think all the tourist restrictions should be removed it was all a bad
idea
[View Quote]

Let tourists back in Alphaworld!!

Jul 24, 2002, 4:08am
they should choose , no tourists with 20 $ cits , or tourists with 70 $ cits
, now its no tourists and 70 $ a cit

"maki" <maki at awmaki.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d3e230f$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> The entire point of banning tourists to begin with was to make money, they
> had tons of registers then, rick said it himself at a techtalk, they made
> more money when they didn't allow the wild animals at all ;) If they go
> allowing them in the more *popular* worlds then there's a less chance of
> them purchasing citizenship, which is the whole idea, why should there be
> bunch of nutcases roaming free we've paid to use the service like it
should
> be...
>
> --
> maki www.awmaki.com

[View Quote]

ejection bug

Aug 1, 2002, 9:42pm
a bot ? .......
"maki" <maki at awmaki.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d49b74c at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> ok now....an interesting thing happened (a couple times) in the world
> "objects" earlier, wondering if it's a bug or just an odd coincidence (or
> maybe we're losing our minds) but we were in the world, and the owner
> ejected someone, a few seconds later I was ejected...he said he didn't do
> it, and later he said that it ejects everyone, even the caretaker, so we
> tried it, he had someone on his privs, and he was on someone else's so
that
> he didn't have caretaker rights, the person on the caretaker privs ejected
> him .. a few seconds later he was ejected, then after that, I was ejected,
> like a small chain reaction, wondering what this could be, he said his
host
> is dreamcjb, on aw server 3.3 windows 2000...o_O
>
> --
> maki www.awmaki.com

Tourists

Aug 29, 2002, 11:04pm
that was cause in those 2 months , cits were still 20 $ , and the few
tourists that really wanted to get in bought a cit

"maki" <maki at awmaki.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3d6eaae4 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> talisan questioned:
>
> Not sure, enzo at a techtalk once said they were making the most money
when
> they disabled tourist access to the entire universe....but personally...I
> wouldn't pay to get into alphaworld... kind of..*lame* :-)
>
> maki awmaki.com

Events

Sep 6, 2002, 1:09pm
and how many towns actually give out prices like this ?

"swe" <swe at emptyco.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d78aecd at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> but still expensive...
[View Quote]

Taking bets..

Sep 7, 2002, 4:40pm
they just dont like saddam hussein , so why not implement an american
democracy like they tried in vietnam and korea , what id they have chemical
weapons ? like a dozen other countrys have them , they dont harm on the
other end of the world , and why would oraq go to america and use them ? i
only hear the US gouverment call them a criminal country or however they
said it , sovejetunion had more NBC weapons then any one , else , why didnt
USA attack them i fthey were a threat also ? cause they knew they couldnt
win it , but they can from iraq . american and prob UK soldiers will have to
die for nothing but ahuge soap bubble ( nothing ) .

Taking bets..

Sep 7, 2002, 11:36pm
bush won cause the other guy was even dumber

"athnex" <awnews at athnex.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7aa01a at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Thats how the voteing goes... write your senitor and have an ammendment
> made.

[View Quote]

Taking bets..

Sep 7, 2002, 11:37pm
well , who are you to call other countrys bad ? then you wonder why the USA
has enemys

"athnex" <awnews at athnex.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7a9d4e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> then lets shoot everyone else thats bad! or even easyer.. everyone go jump
> off a cliff..
> first of all bush isnt that bad.. JFK was way worse, trueman was just as
> bad.. and no one ever yells at them!
>
> America isnt bad, places like china, japan, and russia are way worse, you
> all blame america for your problems! stop it! you just dont like the fact
we
> have more then most of the other nations!

[View Quote]

Taking bets..

Sep 8, 2002, 9:02am
i couldnt say it any better

"count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi> schreef in bericht
news:3d7b1377$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Teoretically we are (at least used to be under the scope of both USA and
> Russia). I am even sure that some missiles are still pointed at our
capital
> city. Is there ANY proof that Saddam is planning an attack towards USA ?
> What I do not understand is: Why is US and Russia supposed to be allowed
> have nuclear weapons but no islamic country?
> I am not saying Saddam Hussein is a nice guy, but I just think pissing him
> off will not improve anything.
> What if USA manage to kill Saddam, would that not make him a martyr in his
> country? Maybe next ruler will be even more negative towards the nation
that
> attacked them. I just do not think that war solve anything, it will
probably
> only make things worse. When the "western world" turns against the east
with
> full power, they might loose that battle, but it makes a good soil for the
> holy war, that is mostly terrorism. Terrorism because that is the only way
> smaller group can fight something that has more power (ETA,IRA etc).
> In whole, I just do not like the way of thinking that our western
> "christian-capitalist-hypohcritism" is the only right way.
> Next 9/11 might happen in my country, to me. If that is to happen it
> happens, I do not see any reason why we should start killing those that
> could be potential terrorists though, because then we are not any better
> than the terrorists themselves.
>
> Love, peace & understanding , Drac
>
> sw chris <chrisw10 at skywalkeronline.net> kirjoitti
> viestissä:3d7a8d5e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
of
> and
> Catholics,
east
little
> going
> That's
did
It
going
other
> attack
other
> could
> intension
> that
> the
> will
> message
thick

Taking bets..

Sep 9, 2002, 12:58am
sovjetunion had a few thousand of them , US didnt dare to touch them

"athnex" <awnews at athnex.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7c0d3f at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Its not like saddam is a nice sane guy who if he did have nuclear weapons
> wouldent use them unless he was attacked. I think if he got some.. he
would
> stick them on a boat and drive it 5 miles from the beach/bay of some huge
> town and blow it up.. would kill millions. If the guy was nice and wasnt
out
> to destroy america like he is now. We probably just make a big deal out of
> it and not do anything.

[View Quote]

Taking bets..

Sep 9, 2002, 12:03pm
what country allows kids ot have guns ( thta have only one purpose ) while
they cant drink or smoke

"athnex" <awnews at athnex.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7c0e8a at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Last time I checked, you still dont have freedom of speech. None of you
can
> own armorments. To me it dosnt seem anywhere half as good. You dont even
get
> to vote on what laws you want to be passed. So it looks to me that you
have
> very little freedom on what goes on and what you get to do.

[View Quote]

Taking bets..

Sep 9, 2002, 9:02pm
he said he agreed complete lol , doesnt that says enough
"shred" <alexraven at 1starnet.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7d0dab at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> With... what, exactly? If you're going to make an annoying and pointless
me-too post, then at least have the decency to quote in part or in full what
the hell it is that you're referring to!

[View Quote]

Taking bets..

Sep 9, 2002, 9:03pm
everyone who wants war is either sick or doesnt know what war is

"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7d27ba at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> The best defense is a good offense comes to mind.
>
> --Bowen--

Taking bets..

Sep 9, 2002, 9:56pm
none reason none , i dont wanan say you should see a war , it aint fun , but
to give an idea how horible it is , the USA knows how bad 9/11 hurted , now
imagine this goes on for months and years everyday , all day , in the whole
country , imagine how many innocent ppl would die then

"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7d2b94$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> No one wants war, they just want to insure they don't get attacked while
they're
> vunerable. There's other reasons for wars besides that. One of them
would be to
> gain independence, a revolution. I'm sure there's other valid reasons to
go to war,
> but that's the only one that comes to mind at the moment.
>
> --Bowen--

Taking bets..

Sep 11, 2002, 3:39pm
who is the USA to say they cant have those weapons

"sw chris" <chrisw10 at skywalkeronline.net> schreef in bericht
news:3d7f7c16$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Proof is hard to come by. Evidence isn't. :) If he has enough evidence
> indicate a possible proof, I would support an invasion. Otherwise I'm
with
> you. It would be a bad idea. You don't need to march around
heedlessly...

> IMO though, Rumsfeld already has enough evidence. Even the weapons
> inspectors (all but one, mind you) are saying that Saddam has had enough
> time to perfect plans for a nuclear bomb and that he's expressed interest
in
> using it if he builds it.
>
> Chris

[View Quote]

Taking bets..

Sep 11, 2002, 5:07pm
bullshit
"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7f8a5b at server1.Activeworlds.com...

> The UN says so. No nuclear weapons with the intent to use against others
unless
> agreed upon by the majority of the nations in the UN. Anyone who does
without
> approval is dealt with swiftly I've heard.
>
> --Bowen--

Re: Safety (was Re: Taking bets..)

Sep 10, 2002, 8:48am
in belgium drugs are legal and handguns arent , i can tell its a lot safer
here

"anduin" <anduin at anduin-lothario.com> schreef in bericht
news:6sernuk984vkfm0b8ori1ou52t1heomnjf at 4ax.com...
> An identity claiming to be known as "athnex" <awnews at athnex.com> scribed
the following <3d7da059 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at general.discussion:

where

> Australia has gun laws, check our crime rates here ;o) Oh what a beauty.
LOL

> --
> ,,,,,
> (o o)
> /--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
> | Anduin (317281) |
> | o The Gorean Scribe |
> | o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
> | o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
> \--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Re: Safety (was Re: Taking bets..)

Sep 10, 2002, 11:22am
awesome , you are born at the place where my fav club plays :D . tell me the
story why you moved :)

"anduin" <anduin at anduin-lothario.com> schreef in bericht
news:snprnuks0lt9oq112l4kh4ectuop09g3jn at 4ax.com...
> An identity claiming to be known as "the joker ss"
<the_joker_ss at hotmail.com> scribed the following
<3d7dcdf2$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at general.discussion:

safer

> I was born in Anderlecht, Belgium ;o) Now live in Australia.
>
> --
> ,,,,,
> (o o)
> /--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
> | Anduin (317281) |
> | o The Gorean Scribe |
> | o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
> | o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
> \--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

A!!CT World will drop Heartfall Sept.16

Oct 5, 2002, 5:12pm
we all get the point , go join eachother and argue about it in private

Re: Belgium to Australia (was Re: Safety)

Sep 11, 2002, 6:25am
awesome , and no one believes me on here when there isnt age no clubs and
alcohol , and the beer is good i know :) *got up with bad headache*

"anduin" <anduin at anduin-lothario.com> schreef in bericht
news:am2tnuk300m6jak0f41tv9vlpeng6fh4rk at 4ax.com...
> An identity claiming to be known as "the joker ss"
<the_joker_ss at hotmail.com> scribed the following
<3d7df21d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at general.discussion:

the

> Welp, my parents were running a little butcher shop in Bruxelles which was
loosing money really fast... One of my parents relatives happened to be
living in Australia and offered my father a job over there as a production
manager in the small goods industry. Sooo, we moved here in Australia with
only $500. But luckily with the Belgian government system, my mother was
still getting her weekly wage for another 2 years sent to her bank account.
> I was 7 years of age when we moved to Australia back in 1989.
>
> Anyway, I have been back in Belgium since to visit family. Actually, I was
at 'La Grande Place' - Bruxelles for the year 2000 count down. With fire
crackers getting thrown around and that cool laser/lights show at the Kings
palace. The beer there is much better than the weak beer here in Australia,
that's for sure (oh, and the chocolate!).
> That was one of the funnest nights I ever had. Actually, I even got into
the night clubs without needing ID, and drank anything without getting asked
for ID either (I was wasted).

> There ya go, and now my french accent is gone and has been long replaced
with the all might Aussie accent (not the case for my parents though:
MUHAHAHA). I still speak fluent french, although I am illiterate in it
(which comes naturally when leaving your country at only 7 years of age),
and my Aussie accent is heard in my french.

> --
> ,,,,,
> (o o)
> /--------------ooO--(_)--Ooo--------------\
> | Anduin (317281) |
> | o The Gorean Scribe |
> | o http://www.anduin-lothario.com |
> | o World: GorSJ (18+ Only) |
> \--------------ooO-------Ooo--------------/

Re: Belgium to Australia (was Re: Safety)

Sep 11, 2002, 7:34am
*no

"the joker ss" <the_joker_ss at hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7efdfb$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> awesome , and no one believes me on here when there isnt age no clubs and
> alcohol , and the beer is good i know :) *got up with bad headache*
>

> "anduin" <anduin at anduin-lothario.com> schreef in bericht
> news:am2tnuk300m6jak0f41tv9vlpeng6fh4rk at 4ax.com...
> <the_joker_ss at hotmail.com> scribed the following
> <3d7df21d$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com> at general.discussion:
me
> the
was
> loosing money really fast... One of my parents relatives happened to be
> living in Australia and offered my father a job over there as a production
> manager in the small goods industry. Sooo, we moved here in Australia with
> only $500. But luckily with the Belgian government system, my mother was
> still getting her weekly wage for another 2 years sent to her bank
account.
was
> at 'La Grande Place' - Bruxelles for the year 2000 count down. With fire
> crackers getting thrown around and that cool laser/lights show at the
Kings
> palace. The beer there is much better than the weak beer here in
Australia,
> that's for sure (oh, and the chocolate!).
> the night clubs without needing ID, and drank anything without getting
asked
> for ID either (I was wasted).
> with the all might Aussie accent (not the case for my parents though:
> MUHAHAHA). I still speak fluent french, although I am illiterate in it
> (which comes naturally when leaving your country at only 7 years of age),
> and my Aussie accent is heard in my french.

Re: Belgium to Australia (was Re: Safety)

Sep 11, 2002, 12:37pm
you have no clue how much i drink ;)

"binarybud" <leom at knorrinteractive.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d7f52c6 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> LOL well, where I come from ,..... if ya wake up with a headache
,.... the
> beer was NOT good....:)
>
> Leo :) aka BinaryBud

[View Quote]

me or andras?

Oct 1, 2002, 2:21pm
works fine here

"swe" <swe at emptyco.com> schreef in bericht
news:3d99b2ea at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Is it my imagination or are andras' newsgroups down? cand get into the
> awteen one lol

Does anyone else think that...

Oct 6, 2002, 10:01pm
AWSims ?

"alphabit phalpha" <alphabit at swbell.net> schreef in bericht
news:3da0b6e5$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> LOL...I dont have THAT big of ego!...sheeeesh!
> :)

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  |