chazrad // User Search

1  2  3  4  |

avatar_set

Aug 2, 2002, 7:23am
Has anybody noticed?

The function aw_avatar_set works insofar that if the bot sets the av, as
soon as the user moves the browser resets it to the value in the avatar
list. Looks funny like an blinking light, if you put aw_avatar_set in
aw_event_avatar_change...

avatar_set

Aug 2, 2002, 8:18am
"milesteg" <MilesTeg at nerim.net> wrote in
news:3d4a57e7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> "chazrad" <petrossadeletethis at msn.com> a écrit dans le message de
> news: Xns925E704E7F3C6petrossa at 64.94.241.201...
>
> Hi Chazrad,
> What is your browser?
> if it is the 3.4 beta version then you should post this bug report in
> beta NG :)
>
> maybe a beta tester could test it and confirm if it works or not.. :)
>
> Regards,
> MilesTeg

i am not a member of beta, and it is the 3.3 build 419....

VC++ GUI's

Nov 11, 2002, 4:34pm
dont use VC6 it is really for professionals. use BCB it's much more
userfriendly and you can build a gui in seconds

Chazrad
"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3d5ab170 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Hi Folks,
> Im currently moving on from the world of simplistic VB to
> amazingly difficult C++, using VS6 VC++. There were several
> reasons I started with VB, mainly because it was the only thing I
> could get, and secondly because it only takes minutes rather than
> hours to come up with visually spectacular GUI's for programs that
> well.. require visually spectacular GUI's.
>
> So far im playing about with Console Apps etc but I cant find a darn
> thing about how to start off with the Object Orientated Programming,
> hence I would anyone happen to know if there is a way of creating
> forms like in VB or am I doomed to a life of writing out 50 lines of
> code and a billion resource strings just to create decent GUI's?
>
> Feel free to explain to me if u can and have the time, or in the ye
> age old method of AWTeen core here are a few defaults. 1) Yes,
> making GUIs is easy in VC++ 2) Your dillusional if you think
> its that easy 3) Kinda, but your not going to like it
> 4) Only a billion resource strings? Ha! A trillion would be
> more apropriate
>
> - Mark
> (I was only messing about with the defaults, feel free to ignore them)

Just a quickie ...

Nov 2, 2002, 12:13pm
"ananas" <vha at oct31.de> wrote in news:3DC3E3CB.1DEBB935 at oct31.de:

> For me the DLL is just fine :)

[View Quote] same here

Just a quickie ...

Nov 3, 2002, 5:34am
wel, main reason is very simple, Grim, all programs i wrote are centered
around the DLL, to have an exported class would mean a major rewrite. If
you'd asked this before i started on the sdk, i would have chosen the
class.

Regards Chaz

"grimble" <grimble2000 at btinternet.com> wrote in news:3dc40501$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Surprising (to me at least), but welcome info. You two were on my list
of
> answers to look out for so thanks for taking the time.
>
> Grims.

[View Quote]

Just a quickie ...

Nov 3, 2002, 12:20pm
Yes i was also looking at implementing a sdk wrapper beyond the one i
have already www.petrossa.com./download/botclass.zip

But i also came to the conclunsion that using the dll is easier,also
because AW doesn't export their user structures which makes for alot of
extra work on the developers side. (i still assume that most of SDK is
in C not c++). Finally having overcome most hurdles i hesitate to
switch....
(still very interseted in eyeballing the class though :)

"grimble" <grimble2000 at btinternet.com> wrote in
news:3dc53c95$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> The only reason I asked was that I'm building an extra layer around
> the SDK (mainly for my benefit) with additional attributes/methods and
> which generates "implied" events (like activity in areas,
> instance/world/universe session tables, instance specific event
> handlers, etc.) where the limitations of the existing SDK allows and I
> figured if I ever managed to complete it I'd share it for use by
> anyone interested. Internally it uses a class structure that reflects
> (my interpretation of) the implicit SDK "objects", but the amount of
> exception handling in the code and documentation for the exports
> required to share the class library itself would be much greater than
> if it was kept under wraps and only accessed internally (i.e.
> exporting C-compliant methods from a DLL). Hence the question ...

Just a quickie ...

Nov 3, 2002, 2:58pm
Couldn't agree more. It would already help if AW would just expose their
internal memoryblocks where they keep track of all pertinent data.
a simple memcpy would then fill your instance with all the pertinent
data at once. It is then a very simple task to build a tracker of
anything.
Why on earth they resorted to this convoluted system where you have to
ask for each item seperately beats me.

I think at least a quarter of my code only goes to tracking and
maintaining visitor lists, which AW does also at the same time. This is
really irritating to say least that you know all the info is there
already anyway, but you have to sweat it out to find it and maintain it
yourself also.

Oh well, back to the grindstone, tnx for your thoughts Grim

"grimble" <grimble2000 at btinternet.com> wrote in
news:3dc55fc4$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> example of someone regularly abused). There needs to be an SDK that
> goes beyond "this has happened", "that has happened" and more focussed
> on what AW is all about ...people, objects and the environment in
> general, and this really needs to come from AW rather than obliging
> citizens.

showing bots in whisperlist

Nov 5, 2002, 6:36am
does anyone has a solution for:

if you enter a global bot, as a gatekeeper, how do you make it visible in
the whisperlist of tourists and non-cits without letting it say something?
AFAIK sending a consolemessage doesn't make bot visible, only a normal
aw_say. Or do i do something wrong?

Chazrad

showing bots in whisperlist

Nov 5, 2002, 3:23pm
sight, as i was afraid of, tnx joeman
"joeman" <joeman at bootdown.com> wrote in
news:3dc80a99 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> It needs to say something, unless you want to enable "view all
> avatars" or whatever in 3.4. Have it whisper a welcome message or say
> something at random intervals. Other than that, nothing can be done
> :).
>
> -Joe

[View Quote]

Caretaker list?

Nov 21, 2002, 7:39am
"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
news:3ddc466a at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Is there any way to identify who has main caretaker rights in a world
> without a world admin session? I know Xelagot can do it, but im at a
> loss of how to get it.
>
> Any help appreciated, VB / C++
>
> - Mark

only a admin bot instance can see caretaker list, SDK help

Event Subscriptions ... Where's the filter?

Nov 25, 2002, 1:09pm
what i noticed it also suffices to set the events twice. I set them before
entering and directly after entering.

works for me

"mrgrimm" <will at activeworlds.com> wrote in
news:3de184e6 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> The mask it sent when you connect (aw_enter, after a disconnect, etc)
> and after calling aw_event_set.
>
> With aw_event_set the mask it not sent immediately. You must first
> call aw_wait or any function that has an associated callback (ie:
> aw_query, not aw_say). The callback does not have to be set.
>
> -Grimm

Changes in AW_MY_YAW ...

Dec 3, 2002, 11:49am
"grimble" <grimble2000NOSPAM at btinternet.com> wrote in
news:3debcf3b at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Anyone noticed a change in the behaviour of a bot's avatar if you put,
> say, 9999 in the AW_MY_YAW field and issue an aw_state_change()?
>
> I don't believe I've ever experienced that spinning top effect before
> (I think I would have remembered). Didn't it used to get (effectively)
> automatically "modded" to a 0-3599 value? New "feature" of the avatar
> animation engine I guess.
>
> Grims (Still in v3.3 ad infinitum!)

just tried it, yep it spins a few times lol. How did you get there is my
biggest question :)))?

Changes in AW_MY_YAW ...

Dec 4, 2002, 5:11pm
"grimble" <grimble2000NOSPAM at btinternet.com> wrote in
news:3ded60f6$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> A bad calculation in a join method ... hard to get it right first time
> recently as I only spend about 30 minutes at a time on AW stuff these
> days before I get annoyed at the empty "stub" methods WAITING FOR 3.4
> FEATURES!!! (oops ... there I go again!).
>
> Grims.

[View Quote] which ones then? afaik it's just more attributes not more methods?

Changes in AW_MY_YAW ...

Dec 4, 2002, 9:10pm
"grimble" <grimble2000NOSPAM at btinternet.com> wrote in
news:3dee7058$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Its all become very tedious and frustrating - like being told what
> you're getting for Christmas ... in June!!

lol, i will settle for proper documentation :) the current one is almost as
bad as the ones i write myself ;)

aw_terrain_load_node

Dec 5, 2002, 8:44pm
has anyone any experience with load_node? it's seems to crash the
worldserver at times

Chaz

terrain

Dec 5, 2002, 10:40pm
i must be really thick, or is the terrain really crappy documented? the
sample code is next to nothing and the explanation is IMHO only
understandable for the innercircle of aw nerds. Why do i have to waste
hours of my time finding out what should be told in the docs, sigh

Aw really needs to update these docs

Chaz

terrain

Dec 6, 2002, 1:34pm
"grimble" <grimble2000NOSPAM at btinternet.com> wrote in news:3df0a25e$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> heh ... like anyone will admit understanding it now!! Luckily, loading
> terrain en-mass is something I've not cared too much about, so I'm not in
> the inner circle at least.
>
> Grims.

[View Quote] well, i tried it every which way and got some really wonderfull terrains,
but not the one that i stored :(. i'll wait till load_node works (if ever)

terrain

Dec 6, 2002, 4:52pm
"bowen" <thisguyrules at 7k2.4mg.com.ANTISPAM> wrote in
news:3df0da63$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

[View Quote] well i am 1 up on you, i managed to crash the wordserver every time i
uploaded terraindata :)

terrain

Dec 6, 2002, 10:16pm
"agent1" <webmaster at shatteredplattersDOTcom> wrote in
news:3df13351 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Well the SDK docs really do explain it fairly well...
> -Agent1

[View Quote] LOL in other words i am really thick, tnx Agent1

Compatibility Question

Jan 9, 2003, 8:18am
i didnt have any probelms sofar using build 29 sdk in 3.3 worlds
"lord fett" <lordfett at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3e1ccc0c$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I have a 3.4 bot right now with lots of 3.3 and 3.4 features. I want
> to know if it is possible to use this bot in a 3.3 world server/3.3
> uni server. I don't want to use the 3.4 features on the bot, because
> obviously I can't, but will the rest of the code work? (3.3 and below
> stuff) I don't want to have to downgrade the 3.4 sdk to 3.3 sdk, but I
> don't see a real reason I would have to. Just trying to make sure
> before hand. Thanks

Compatibility Question

Jan 9, 2003, 1:25pm
i am waiting for test results by 3rd parties, i think CNW

"lord fett" <lordfett at hotmail.com> wrote in
news:3e1d7c5e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> how about in a 3.3 universe?

[View Quote]

C++ Source code

Jan 10, 2003, 9:59am
www.petrossa.com/download/botclass.zip will get you started
"equin0x" <equin0x> wrote in news:3e1e8b10 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Can anyone please spare me a bot written in C++?
> Not the DOS console type...the Win32 application.
>
> I am a C++ newbie, and I was before learning VB, so when you other people
> start flaming me, please take that into consideration.

cooperation

May 20, 2002, 4:11pm
i am developing a new way of building (at least i didn't see a bot yet with
this principle) i got quite far but now i am stuck on my sublevel math (my
math teacher was right after all :) is there a math wizz out there that
would like to coop on a new idea? i'll only enclose the details to serious
interested parties.

yab yet another bot

May 26, 2002, 5:48am
I am looking for testers for my bot, especially multiworld owners,
In short a Paradox Database based bot with a full GUI.

Next to all build 24 functions, it will (all following functions now in
early or later stages of development):

allow to run from 1 interface, to the bot limit, bots in as many worlds
as you want, at the same time , lets you log on/log off any bot anytime,
log all visitors or selectively by name/world their movements/chats in a
db (with grep retrieval), manage building rights per world on a
time/personal basis even kicking out caretakers if so desired, monitor
access to a world based on world rights on a personal basis with ip,
name and session recognition (rating of world), store whole, or parts of
worlds in a db (only limit disk space) and rebuild them somewhere else
selectively (any combination of object attributes, allowing for
coordinate transformation), allow to produce a wav on a name out of the
chat with any kind of number of sounds connected to any kind of action
per person , has a normal chat window, lets you click on an avatar and
give access through a menu to integrated email, browse homepage, eject,
transport and view info of the wearer, (in very early development) build
through a mspaint like interface where WYSIWYG, can browse objects from
the obpath and show them in AW by just clicking on the name in the
browser, (will auto differentiate between texture, jpg, wav, midi (most
of the time ;)), selectively delete objects on any selection with oops!
function (rebuild them if you made a mistake)

and anything else i forgot already but is there anyway or i will come up
with...or anyone else comes up with.

The timeframe for distribution is hopefully around september 2002, or so
much later inversely proportional to the number of testers.

This bot now takes 16 mb in download size and about 20 mb expanded on
disk. All interested participants have to register for a copy, as the
bot contains copyrighted parts. Send me an email if you want to join.

Backup bot wanted

Aug 10, 2002, 5:25pm
"agent1" <Agent1 at my.activeworlds.com> wrote in
news:3d554124 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I've heard that the compressed (gzip) propdump for Alphaworld is
> around 9GB. Big ;)
>
> -Agent1

[View Quote] my bot takes about 3 months, 42 gb to backup AW so....

Help I'm building a new bot

Nov 9, 2002, 9:58am
"Justin" <interkid007 at hotmail.com> wrote in news:3dccc993
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Does any one know where i might find some code for making bots?

www.petrossa.com/download/botclass.zip

ChatRelayBot 1.02

Nov 22, 2002, 9:17am
is xP bug, try update to lastest

"jernau" <richard at virtuallylearning.com> wrote in
news:d6vqtusu8fngabo75t5tmjrfsa8m4nmjgk at 4ax.com:

> Ok, downloaded and installed fine thanks. Small problem, the minimise
> to tray feature appears to have a problem. On my machine it won't
> restore to original size. Wasn't sure if you wanted bug reports in
> here or direct to email.
>
> Windows XP Pro
> AMD Duron 800Mhz
> 32mb TNT2 Nvidia
> DirectX 8.1
>
> On 21 Nov 2002 19:07:50 -0500, "tony m" <ag5v1u7001 at sneakemail.com>
[View Quote]

xelag's post a bout global mode in beta

Dec 13, 2002, 10:47am
"xelag" <xelag at digitalspace.com> wrote in
news:170jvuctfnh8h31bnegi53uc9a95qs77n3 at 4ax.com:

> well let me give an example, happening in global mode. 3dWorlds/3dee
>
> What I here mentioned is only part of the unreliability of Global
> Mode, there are much worse scenarios. I only hope that this issue
> will be adressd sometime soon.
>
> Alex
>
> Alex

I have no beta rights so here:

I use exactly the same scenario Alex (hey there is only 1 right way to
do it :), but i added an ishere flag to the user data. The avater_delete
event sets only the ishere flag to false, and resets it to true on the
av_add event.This way i can prevent a not in the world person from
speaking or getting run through the subroutines.
Once every hour i run through the userlist and delete all nothere
objects

It works for me in busy worlds

Chazrad

[release] Demeter 1.18

Jan 11, 2003, 7:23pm
I wouldnt know what to do with Demeter because i cant build my way out of a
paperbag, but i agree in principle: autoupdating properly setup is 1 way
traffic, and can only be viewed as a feature not as spyware. The name it as
such is grossly overstated, only thing Brant should add is a simple switch
to autoupdate or not..

And anyway: anyone running MSomeones OS can be sure to be spied upon, even
if it's 'anonymous', we all remember fondly the good old time MSomeone
build in hidden code so SomeWindows would not run properly if not run from
MSomeones Dos, but from Dr Dos. I hope nobody is that naive as to think
MSomeone has seen the light since then.....

"tengel" <glenn at tipssenteret.no> wrote in
news:3e207f5e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> I totaly Agree with you KAH, and to say this is Spyware is Bullshit as
> you said.
> I run it in pata with no problem, and will contune with that.

Sound Alert

May 23, 2002, 11:29am
"barbarae" <barbeisner at msn.com> wrote in news:3ccd5c5f$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com:

> Since I've only just joined this group, please forgive me if this "wish"
> has already been covered:
>
> Sometimes I'm doing email or something else or even AFK with AW in the
> background. I would like to have some sort of sound alert when somebody
> comes into AW and wants to speak with me. I really am not certain how or
> even if it could be done. I don't know how many times I go back to AW
> window and find that someone has been to see me.
>
> I have another suggestion, but I will do another post for it.
>
> Thanks,
> Barbara Eisner
> Amberlin

you need to program a bot to respond to a name by playing a wav. i myself
use the name prefixed by a * to prevent the thing wav.ing all over the
place :)

1  2  3  4  |