rossyboy // User Search

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  23  |

UK Teens Reunion

Aug 19, 2002, 1:51pm
London? >_< why can't it be in the MIDDLE of the UK? hehe

[View Quote] >Paint the white house black! :o

>Shorah
>115213

[View Quote]

Sapphire Estates Update

Aug 15, 2002, 10:38pm
Strike, it's easy. Cafepress handles the store side, and it's possible
to put "activate url" with links to the order page for specific
products.

[View Quote] >AWC cant even get at Mart sorted, so how come you think you think you can sort this single handedly?

>E-Commerce of a virtual world o.o

[View Quote]

Lara Update!

Aug 15, 2002, 9:17pm
NCC, most people do get "ignored" in big worlds like AWTeen... it's
nothing personal or anything.

I think AWTeen should get a name change - since it's not just for
Teens anymore. I'm sure AWTeen regulars are used to big changes like
that... hehe

I really hate AWTeen for some reason. I don't know why :¬/

[View Quote] >So insulting everyone about time zones, calling em stupid and deliberatly annoying em are them starting it?

[View Quote]

Cy FAQ

Sep 17, 2002, 7:22pm
Do we have to visit ALL the sites just to vote, or do we only have to
visit all the sites in a certain category to vote in that category?

[View Quote] >1. Is voting suspended or currently going on? We suspended it for two weeks
>to update all missing information. You can still visit the voting site
>to see the peoples sites, but not to vote. Keep in mind we are working on
>them.
>2. Does the voting work or not? The voting works very well. You have a week
>to visit the sites all in the categories by clicking on their signs. You
>don't have to vote all at once. The bot will keep tally how many categories
>you have left and keep a running tally the whole week. Very fair and gives
>you more time to see all and vote at your leisure. This will also give you
>extra weeks to look.

Deadly Shooting Spree In Montgomery County (In Maryland, USA)

Oct 3, 2002, 8:35pm
You know, when I saw this post, I expected someone like NCC to get mad
and someoen like GK to calm him down and I was right hehe

Have your own Booth at Avatars 2002!

Nov 28, 2002, 2:11pm
Would towns or cities count as territories or would they fall under another
category?

"xelag" <xelag at digitalspace.com> wrote this
(news:g783uu4l2rqt5koddjf72tfhcea3980klc at 4ax.com) in community on 25 Nov
2002:

> Territories: interesting sites to visit within a world

Newbie Guide to the Newsgroups (4th Edition)

Nov 28, 2002, 2:07pm
I don't really thing Goober's guide to the newsgroups is a waste of time;
it's funny!

Or maybe you were just mad about your entry:
"SWE - Another Teener Troll with an apparent hard-on for all things
Anti-American. I guess living in Libya, a country labelled by the US as
harboring terrorists, will do that to you..."

"swe" <swe at swe-e.com> wrote this
(news:3de62b7d at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 28 Nov 2002:

> just need to correct one thing:
>
> for Goober King it should be:
> Complete idiot who decides to write things about people he doesnt even
> know and then wonders why he has no real life friend, or for that
> matter, real LIFE!
>
> now i know, your gonna reply saying " your doing the same thing
> genius!!!" or some shit like that, guess your right, but then again, i
> guess i could complain about those complaining about those wasting
> bandwidth.

AW3000 - ILLEGAL UNIVERSE

Feb 23, 2003, 11:27am
"the joker ss" <the_joker_ss at hotmail.com> wrote this
(news:3e405586$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in worldbuilders on 05 Feb
2003:

> if i remember right , it was a AWCOM setup .... i heard somehting
> like that , might explain why its still there :P

I think that was AW3000's cover story.

I saw the AW3000 site before (sooo obviously not legit, it's just a BADLY
EDITED copy of AW's website) and when I emailed the address... well... it
kinda speaks for itself...

"Hello-
No this is not a cracked universe this is a 3.2 universe, We have a
lote of staff members of microsoft.inc here, If you would like to become
citizen it is 5.95/year We are supported by Activeworlds and we support
active worlds too. Thankyou for making sure though. If you do find a
cracked universe please contact us straight away! or Active Worlds.

Thankyou
AW3000-Staff"

I think AW3000 has actually been shut down a few times but restarted... I
don't know.

--
Having members of Microsoft there is meant to make me TRUST them??

A!!CT is deleted and I am gone :P

Feb 23, 2003, 12:13pm
"ncc 71854" <NCC-71854 at USS-Venture.Starfleet.UFP> wrote this
(news:3e46fc20 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in worldbuilders on 10 Feb
2003:

> i dont give a shit about what they think about me, its proven that
> they make upall those lies anyways, its all their fault if theyre so
> arrogant and ignorant, i treated them the same way they treated me,
> for as much as i care they can just all die, for real im tired of this
> constant bullshit from yall! if you dont like me u gotta live with it,
> but if u cant then go kill urself!

Wow... that's quite harsh for someone whose name was guessed wrongly. I
don't expect to see many over 20s cussing people out on the AW newsgroups -
well not over something like this anyway.

(I'm thinking 9 to 12 years)

Tourists+No Pics=Citizens Revolt

May 2, 2003, 1:26pm
Wow really? O_O over here in the UK the ISPs actually advertise it as a
feature... how good it is depends on the ISP of course.

"dion" <Dion at digevo.net> wrote this
(news:3eab6f2a$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 27 Apr 2003:

> Not all ISPs offer it and those that do are reluctant to give it to
> you. You must ask and most of the time, they'll refer you to a free
> server before giving you their space.

What Citizens Want

May 2, 2003, 1:51pm
AW is the world that encouraged me to register. It let me see the REAL
AW, not a happy smiley face put up by the gate. AW had the power to show
to me the variety of stuff you could do. AWGate just doesn't. AWGate
makes Active Worlds seem more like a thing with set rules and boundaries,
where you have to do things a certain way.

It's not like that though. AWGate doesn't capture the whole essence of
AW. The historical buildings around AW's GZ show that AW doesn't have to
be perfect! ^_^ AWGate is too... AWGate.

"elyk" <kfoerst at sbcglobal.net> wrote this
(news:3eb0a843$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 01 May 2003:

> I agree, I think that they should let tourists back into AW. It's
> where I built my first house as a tourist and is the whole reason I
> got to like ActiveWorlds. It was a world for open chat that wasn't too
> hasty on rules and wouldn't eject you if you slipped up and
> accidentally said "damn" or something. AW is what got all of the
> customers....not the gate, not the school, not any of those other
> worlds. AW is what got the citizens.....but hey, I've been fighting at
> this for a while now too......AWI would make much more money if they
> opened AW to tourists....but once again,......bad decision making. :o(

Someone REALLY lost the plot

May 2, 2003, 6:16pm
Yes that welcome message will definately make a lot of parents PARANOID.
It's not as bad as all that.

AWI waste their time on this when there are so many other little things
they could do to help the community.

I can't remember them right now, but they're there... somewhere...

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote this
(news:3eb2a890 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in general.discussion on 02 May
2003:

> Okay I have no idea who did this but someone really really REALLY lost
> the plot BIG TIME with this welcome message. Its ridiculous, no
> offence to whoever did it but its absolutely stupidity.
>
> Are you trying to loose the majority of the customer base? You have no
> way of even checking if someone has permission, this does nothing but
> makes everyone run, Im trying my best to develop AWTeen, idiotic
> messages like this completely wreck my efforts.
>
> Will someone please find whoever wrote this, tie them to a chair and
> learn what an initial disclaimer is for and WHAT IN GODS NAME IS GOOD
> FOR BUSINESS!!!
>
> Immigration Officer: Welcome to Active Worlds. Most of the content in
> Active Worlds is user generated and may not be suitable for person's
> under the age of 18, parent's permission MUST be obtained before
> visiting Active Worlds. We welcome you to the AWGateway : )
>
> FIX IT!!!
>
> - Mark
> Why am I surrounded by fools? Yes no doubt this phrase was possibly
> put up by a good friend in AWC, sorry if it is you will just have to
> take the flack this time :(

Someone REALLY lost the plot

May 4, 2003, 10:39am
No that's what I meant... that it will make parents paranoid if their
children do ask.

"strike rapier" <strike at rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote this
(news:3eb2d974 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in general.discussion on 02 May
2003:

> Rossy is wrong in this case, its not a matter of time E N Z O, its the
> matter of kids who will see this and turn straight around, those who
> do ask their parents will just be told no, its the way things are.
>
> - Mark

Someone REALLY lost the plot

May 4, 2003, 11:00am
Didn't they just change the rules so that any winning content has to be G
rated or something?

"elyk" <kfoerst at sbcglobal.net> wrote this
(news:3eb36444$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in general.discussion on 03
May 2003:

> In fear that the children might stumble into the CY-Award winning, yet
> pervertely disturbing DS Worlds.....*rolls eyes*

Persuasion of Children?

Jun 11, 2003, 7:50pm
> Like in the case of Whitestar cit # 350723 (who IS the subject of this
> post)

You just admitted there that you were personalising this issue. I don't
really think it's appropriate to do that in this case.

Don't take this the wrong way but A!!CT seems to make a lot of enemies.
Perhaps you should consider the possibility that you are doing something
to provoke the troublemakers
..
> The Lady's post as I understand it, was about kids in AW having an
> impact on adults, my post is about the impact of an adult on children
> in AW.

Actually I think "Persuasion of Children" means adults persuading
children to cause trouble (so your post was never really a different
subject).

> The proof is there, many of our attackers admitted to me they
> did it because the above named person suggested it and to meet his
> approval those kids did just what he asked of them!

If the kids want to meet the approval of a troublemaking citizen who can
give them no real reward then they obviously want to cause trouble in the
first place. That just provided them with an oppertunity.

Decleration of Independence (AW)

Jul 22, 2003, 2:06pm
Which side supported Cybertown crashing every time you turn round? :/

"ferruccio" <startrek3 at earthlink.net> wrote this (news:3f1bb150$1
at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 21 Jul 2003:

> cybertown.com had something similar to that, it was the "morphs" vs. the
> "loyalists". It was interesting, and everyone in the community got
> involved.. or just experienced it. It was two governments that battled
> eachother I believe.

Trivial Request

Jul 22, 2003, 1:33pm
My newsreader puts it at the top :/

I agree it's (it is...you used it's instead of its O_O) annoying having
to scroll through the whole reply. Unless you're not looking at the
posts in little tree thingys...

"bowen" <Bowen at andras.net> wrote this
(news:3f1cfb19$2 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 22 Jul 2003:

[View Quote]

Citizen Ship hacked

Jul 22, 2003, 1:27pm
You need to email AW... I take it you got M a t t's trojan? He used your
PPW to log bots into "panic central" in AWTeen,,,

"calhoun" <coen at charter.net> wrote this (news:3f1d5745
at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 22 Jul 2003:

> my citizen ship has been hacked and I can't log in....
> I need help!!

How To clean the AWToolKit Trojan

Jul 23, 2003, 5:38pm
Don't know how you got ejected from NewAW, but you got ejected from
AWTeen because M a t t kept using bots under your PPW. I don't know why
they ejected you for this long though... oh wait, it was probably a
manually added ejection, so it'll continue until you get them to delete
it.

"calhoun" <coen at charter.net> wrote this
(news:3f1eb8b7$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 23 Jul 2003:

> since I was probably ejected last night, I'd say longer
[View Quote]

AWtoolkit removal tool

Jul 25, 2003, 1:21pm
Well it's not impossible to imagine a situation where Calpantera's cit is
stolen and the thief manages to upload stuff to
objects.activeworlds.com... uh yea :¬/

But that's just paranoia speaking, if that'd happened we'd know by know
heh

"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote this
(news:3f200655 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in general.discussion on 24 Jul
2003:

> Is darksville stupid?
>
> ~John

[View Quote]

Trigger-Happy GK Tv

Jul 28, 2003, 11:35pm
What does www.xeonworlds.co.uk have to do with this?

"mrbruce" <a1ctworld at aol.com> wrote this
(news:3f1f4cf3 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 24 Jul 2003:

> This is for our protection...and for the newcomers who do not realise
> the risks of being hacked and planted with viruses is real in AW as
> well. Sadly a few PUNKS!!!! have to ruin it for everyone...but mark my
> words...the guilty parties are already on their way to being revealed!
> Because some of us know M A
> T T is more than one person...games are games...but when you destroy
> things that do not belong to you for fun, you someday learn the fun
> all comes to an end and your suddenly on the recieving side of the
> shit stick! This is no game kids, your messing with serious stuff
> here, hidding behind tourist names is not hiding the fact that some of
> you are CITIZENS and are liable for the damages you cause with your
> silly little games of hacking and using AWhack and planting trojans in
> innocent looking programs and making AW a loser in web programs.
> MrBruce

Trusted Sources

Jul 25, 2003, 1:13pm
Exactly. Plus it was very easy to see this was a trojan... this was no AW
utility site - there wasn't even an SITE for you to look at.

"kah" <kah at kahnews.cjb.net> wrote this
(news:Xns93C319AEA3C40kahatkahnewsdotcjbdo at 64.94.241.201) in
general.discussion on 25 Jul 2003:

> "r i c h a r d" <richard.lazenby1 at ntlworld.com> wrote in
> news:3f2039a3$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com:
>

> Ugh. That's rather paranoid if you ask me. The simple solution is
> educating people not to open anything at all, as has happened here.
> And while we're discussion trusted sources, that was just what our
> friend M a t t exploited to distribute it, first take a few
> citizenships, then abusing the trust others had in the stolen accounts
> to further distribute it.
>
> Don't just accept a bot/application without even asking what it does
> ("toolkit for AW" tells a *lot*, doesn't it...), or without getting a
> demo. If you do accept something and it seems suspisious to you,
> investigate it. Look in your process list (under Win9x/ME you won't
> get access to all processes through CTRL+ALT+DEL unfortunately), in
> your registry, etc. A packet sniffer can be usefull too.
>
> I doubt everyone is going to be willing to give out their sourcecode
> to AWI, and what would it help to have it code signed and hosted by
> them if it's really a trojan?
>
> KAH

The Lady fund

Aug 6, 2003, 5:12pm
Asking someone to change who they are isn't the answer. Just ignoring it if
you don't like it is the answer.

Maybe someday something will happen and normal ideas won't do :/

"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> wrote this
(news:3f310f05 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 06 Aug 2003:

> Maybe she shouldn't have such weird ideas... :-o .... or at least keep
> them to herself...
>
> ~John

No flight sequences in AW?

Aug 6, 2003, 5:08pm
Yea but you can always turn SEQs off...

"starfleet" <Starfleet at Command.com> wrote this
(news:3f309e6f at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 06 Aug 2003:

> It's better when you can see people tilting, that way you can lay down
> on beds etc. ROFL With a fly sequence you couldn't do that.

[View Quote]

No flight sequences in AW?

Aug 11, 2003, 8:03pm
You don't need to steal them from the gate, they're on the megapath for
all to get.

"lady nighthawk" <dmurtagh27 at hotmail.com> wrote this
(news:3f331caf at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 08 Aug 2003:

> I have the seqs now, just passing on to others what the seq filenames
> are so they can get them. These should have been included in world
> servers that are 3.4 should they not? They were not in my 3.4 world
> however ... I have added them (seqs) now but have to go through the
> bother of adding them to each av I want them to work in from the
> avatars.dat file.
>
> AW should have installed these in the upgrade is my point.
>
> LNH

[View Quote]

This is for you, community

Sep 12, 2003, 3:23pm
"strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> wrote this
(news:3f5e3d90 at server1.Activeworlds.com) in community on 09 Sep 2003:

> Hmmmm, weird.. I was under the impression you could just offer objects
> to AWI anyway...
>
> - Mark

[View Quote] Yes, but the prize was that they would actually consider your offer ;¬)

Virtual Terrorism?

Nov 28, 2003, 12:40am
Actually I didn't see his post as anti-American, merely anti-"America is
the most important country in the world"ian.

[View Quote] > He is anti-American because he is ignorant. If he were to learn more about what "an American" is, maybe he would lighten up a bit. Sometimes you need to look past the "TEAM" your against and look at the "players".....when you put these things on a more personal level it's much easier to understand.... When you look at the "big tough American team" you will never see past that for what we really are.

> IMHO
> Leo :)

Virtual Terrorism?

Nov 29, 2003, 12:02pm
Superiority complex? Hell yes. Would you like someone you've PAID for
hosting thinking they have the right to block people from YOUR world?
Maybe a free host but...

[View Quote]

Virtual Terrorism?

Nov 29, 2003, 12:04pm
Linux hosting! ^_^ I bet Heartfall doesn't use that.

[View Quote] > Hell if hosting is a problem I dont officially have a hosting company but
> you talk with me if you are really in a bind and I will work out a
> reasonable price for you. Telegram or email, with what you want and what
> you want to pay each month, or each year. Its linux hosting. Im not trying
> to profit out of this just a gesture for some world owners who are in
> similar situations as I am.
>
> DM
>
> P.S. If you want it free, don't bother asking.

[View Quote]

Stupid Kid Email

Nov 27, 2003, 11:48pm
Nah MrBruce, I don't think it's M's style.

[View Quote] > The kid in question I'm sure is the notorius villain whose name I mentioned
> once before in here which got me an email from Mountain Myst saying if I
> posted his name in AW again my worlds and cits will be suspended. Now you
> think of who they are fighting for in that email you recieved...HINTS its a
> HIM and HIS name begins with M and its 4 letters spaced apart like this M *
> * * Got the hint yet?
[View Quote]

1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  23  |