nornny // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  |

The Sims Game program

Dec 18, 2000, 9:50am
oh, I just got the add-on pack as an early Christmas present yesterday, and
I must admit, the new features are something else. :P In AW related
features, you can create your own objects, AND new actions for the simmys.
Heck, The Sims creators even created a program for them to use, now is that
nice or what?? :)

Actually, Maxis, especially in this game, has always had strong ties to the
community that plays their games, posting in their BBS's, joining for chats
and THEN posting transcripts for others to read, letting the readers know
FIRST what they're up to, rather than from rumors. And just in general,
adding and adding and adding. Heck, each week, The Sims website is updated
with a new goody you can use or read. :) And a lot of what they put up is
what the majority of the people requested. That says a lot, and it doesn't
even seem as a hassle, but more of a fun activity down in Maxis. :) It shows
off even with the extreme expertise of the "fan sites" down in their
Chat/BBS/Fan section. :) And most of those HTML masters are just as young as
the majority of AW users....food for thought.

Nornny

[View Quote]

Proposal: The Dream Team

Dec 12, 2000, 5:55pm
I think Eep on the fantasy AW team (god, is it AW season already?? *takes
out uniform from closet*) as quality testing is a wonderful idea. You
explain it yourself, he criticizes every single little detail of AW until it
is at an ideal, what more can you ask from a tester? Bug reports and such
are fine, yes-men are worse, but one with such critical talent should be put
in a critical part of a team. :) But, we could also throw him on defense as
Customer Service. :P Now go get em TEAM!! I have 500 shares and tickets to
the big game riding on this. :P

Nornny

[View Quote]

Proposal: The Dream Team

Dec 12, 2000, 9:40pm
not neccesarily, Eep plays a good offense, but there's no I in team. :)
Ergo, his voice is heard, but assuming the team works tightly, they can
agree to disagree on topics where the majority overrules Eep.

Nornny

[View Quote]

Proposal: The Dream Team

Dec 13, 2000, 7:38pm
Well, just be grateful 3.1 has just as many new features, and in quicker
time. :) You see, AWCI does know when to work if you whip em hard enough!
*jk* :P

Nornny

[View Quote]

World Theft.. more to come...

Dec 12, 2000, 6:11pm
I hate how you twist words around and such, zero. Look, he DID admit, he
doesn't care, and it IS too damn bad. :) He made the objects, textures,
everything, had a share of NewYork, and even built a lot of it, I believe.
:) *it's my birthday, so I'm speed reading through everything so I can go
out :P* Many people have employed Just In's work and they seemed to have no
problem. If there was such things as verbal agreements, we wouldn't need a
courthouse. Face it, unless you contractually both agree on something, both
parties can do whatever they want with what they have (or think they have).
Just In created HIS objects, so therefore, he can use them to recreate a
world that he pretty much created anyways, but just didn't fully own it. I
mean, it's like saying you spend hundreds of hours inventing the guitar for
the good of mankind, but YOU can't use it yourself. :P And yes, if Les Paul
invented and patented the guitar, any royalties or music created by the
guitar give partial property rights to Les Paul. Apparently also (i think,
I'm not sure, again, I read through it fast), no recognition of Just In was
in New York either, so that's what you get. :)

Frankly though Just In, you have WAY too much creative genius inside of you
to copy your own work over again, why not just create your ideal of the real
NYC or another section of it (it IS a big town) and shut zero up? ;) You're
not one to let pride stand in the way anywho.

Nornny

[View Quote]

World Theft.. more to come...

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C0644F.A593E160

He's right. Zero is NOT a direct source of information, nor an unbiased =
one for that matter. If there's anyone who should be talking about this, =
it should be Just In and FriendPA (is that her name? I don't really know =
who is the other person involved, frankly). Yes, the AW community is =
kind at heart and will defend their net friends til they die, but =
really, YOU guys get yourself up the matters of others when there is NO =
need or business of your own. And then you complain about the endless =
bashing that occurs. :) Hippocrates, all of you, if you're gonna go at =
someone, innocent or not, at least admit you're one sided but =
opinionated! :))

Nornny
PS, if anyone says here that THIS post (not my other ones in this =
thread) are hippocritical, I'd like you all to know that I'm an addicted =
basher. :P I carry a rock in my pocket just for the occasion. Btw, this =
is in response to Just In's comment, but this post is not one in favor =
of his comments, even though I might or might not be. :) Just wanted to =
get it straight before I get tarred and feathered myself. :)
[View Quote] Why is it that you people all want to believe the misinformation fed =
to you by people who are at best 3rd parties, and at worst, constant =
complainers? Why is it that you want to take the side of someone who =
relishes going around in an avatar that carries a gun and happily =
promotes WAR as her favorite world?

May I suggest, get on the side of those that promote creativity, and =
praise good works when praise is due, and disregard the propoganda =
machine touted by those that promote destruction and negativity.

[View Quote] Holistic1=20
=20

Plexdectomy =3D an operation where a piece of plexiglass is inserted =
into the lower intestine, so when you have your head up your ass, you =
can see where you are going.=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C0644F.A593E160

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>He's right. Zero is NOT a direct source of =
information, nor an=20
unbiased one for that matter. If there's anyone who should be talking =
about=20
this, it should be Just In and FriendPA (is that her name? I don't =
really know=20
who is the other person involved, frankly). Yes, the AW community is =
kind at=20
heart and will defend their net friends til they die, but really, YOU =
guys get=20
yourself up the matters of others when there is NO need or business of =
your own.=20
And then you complain about the endless bashing that occurs. :) =
Hippocrates, all=20
of you, if you're gonna go at someone, innocent or not, at least admit =
you're=20
one sided but opinionated! :))</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Nornny</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PS, if anyone says here that THIS post (not my other =
ones in=20
this thread) are hippocritical, I'd like you all to know that I'm an =
addicted=20
basher. :P I carry a rock in my pocket just for the occasion. Btw, this =
is in=20
response to Just In's comment, but this post is not one in favor of his=20
comments, even though I might or might not be. :) Just wanted to get it =
straight=20
before I get tarred and feathered myself. :)</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"just in" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:Justefyde at hotmail.com">Justefyde at hotmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a367c78 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a367c78 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>No I never asked for, nor recieved payment for any =
of the=20
creations I did in NewYork.&nbsp; I was not "employed" nor "rewarded" =
nor=20
given anything in exchange for creating my work in NewYork.&nbsp; If =
anything=20
the world owner was a constant source of frustration and hindered me =
in the=20
process of creating what I wanted done.&nbsp; That I showed the =
patience that=20
I did show is a testament to my endurance, and to be treated how I am =
being=20
treated now defies my understanding.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Why is it that you people all want to believe the=20
misinformation fed to you by people who are at best 3rd parties, and =
at worst,=20
constant complainers?&nbsp; Why is it that you want to take the side =
of=20
someone who relishes going around in an avatar that carries a gun and =
happily=20
promotes WAR as her favorite world?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>May I suggest, get on the side of those that =
promote=20
creativity, and praise good works when praise is due, and disregard =
the=20
propoganda machine touted by those that promote destruction and=20
negativity.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"holistic1" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:tkafader at pattan.k12.pa.us">tkafader at pattan.k12.pa.us</A>&g=
t;=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C0644F.A593E160--

World Theft.. more to come...

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C0646D.97EEDB00

I agree with you Posh. I don't know half as much as you do on the =
subject. :) If it is YOUR business, please barge in and my deepest =
apologies for excluding you. But as your responses go into the =
newsgroup, you have come off to me as just another witness to the ordeal =
with nothing to lose. Yes, you have credible evidence and such, but your =
biased opinions only just persuade others to believe in something not =
neccesarily true (not that you're a lier, you're just credible). Let the =
two true sources have it out on their own. They know and experienced =
everything that led them up to this point, and have risked more than you =
and I will have. Although it makes for quite good entertainment, I have =
a bad feeling we'll have an Eepian flame war soon, and like we really =
need another one.=20
I never mentioned anything about distorted facts, and only hinted at =
biased ones. But I'll admit I'm just as biased as the next citizen. In =
the end, my opinions are not going anywhere, and yours won't either =
because FriendPA will say they ARE credible, and Just In will say they =
are distorted, and we're neutral again. What PA needs is a friend and a =
supporter, but not one radical enough to fight the battle for her. :)

Nornny
[View Quote] Nornny
[...]

<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I agree with you Posh. I don't know half as much as =
you do on=20
the subject. :) If it is YOUR business, please barge in and my deepest =
apologies=20
for excluding you.&nbsp; But as your responses go into the newsgroup, =
you have=20
come off to me as just another witness to the ordeal with nothing to =
lose. Yes,=20
you have credible evidence and such, but your biased opinions only just =
persuade=20
others to believe in something not neccesarily true (not that you're a =
lier,=20
you're just credible). Let the two true sources have it out on their =
own. They=20
know and experienced everything that led them up to this point, and have =
risked=20
more than you and I will have. Although it makes for quite good =
entertainment, I=20
have a bad feeling we'll have an Eepian flame war soon, and like we =
really need=20
another one. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I never mentioned anything about distorted facts, =
and only=20
hinted at biased ones. But I'll admit I'm just as biased as the next =
citizen. In=20
the end, my opinions are not going anywhere, and yours won't either =
because=20
FriendPA will say they ARE credible, and Just In will say they are =
distorted,=20
and we're neutral again. What PA needs is a friend and a supporter, but =
not one=20
radical enough to fight the battle for her. :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Nornny</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"posh" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:Imposh1 at aol.com">Imposh1 at aol.com</A>&gt; wrote=20
in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a36b02d at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a36b02d at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>nornny in response to both you and =
Just In.. bs..=20
total bs.. I watched this entire ordeal unfold from start to finish.. =
I have=20
in MY hands his emails and chat texts.. with her.. with me.. with =
PKs.. maybe=20
those being posted JustIn would clear any distortions????&nbsp; so =
before you=20
go on about distorted facts.. maybe you should learn a tad more of the =
subject=20
nornny and Just In.. don't push it</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"nornny" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:Nornny at snet.net">Nornny at snet.net</A>&gt;=20
[View Quote] objects, they belong to you... well sir, you are in sad need of =
a=20
Plexdectomy.&nbsp; In issence you were employed by the world =
owner to=20
assist in creating a specific environment.&nbsp; Thus you were, =
in fact,=20
employed by said world owner and as such, all creations belong =
to the=20
world owner.&nbsp; What you are trying to have us believe would =
be the=20
same thing as Roland owning all of the programs that he has =
written=20
while an employee of AW.&nbsp; Son, if I were you, I would close =
up=20
shop, apologize to those people whom you crossed and grow =
up.&nbsp; You=20
are a talentd builder, but don't be an ass.&nbsp; You're =
wrong.&nbsp;=20
You were paid with the things (programs, citizenships etc) that =
you=20
requested and received in lieu of payment. (Which was NOT =
offered to=20
begin with).=20
<P>Just my .002=20
<P>Holistic1 <BR>&nbsp;=20
<P>Plexdectomy =3D an operation where a piece of plexiglass is =
inserted=20
into the lower intestine, so when you have your head up your =
ass, you=20
can see where you are going. <BR>&nbsp;=20
<P><FONT=20
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQ=
UOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C0646D.97EEDB00--

World Theft.. more to come...

Dec 12, 2000, 11:37pm
I want to reply more to this, but it's not good for the thread or the
newsgroup. :) So, for the moment, my opinions stop at this post on the
subject (doesn't mean I might not post some more to this thread, but not for
opinion reasons). Posh, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I leave
with my last cents. :P

I can't say that I've seen Just In's devious side or even really believe in
it, but that's just through my experiences. FriendPA, also, I've heard a lot
from, and all good. Both are adults, and both are NICE adults, so all it
takes is time before this gets resolved, I think. :) Posh, the only reason
why I think you're biased is that your only argument is some logs that
you've never presented to us, but rather enticed us into believing what you
have is true. The main argument you present is distortion and mastery of
deception, but you've never accounted how you've gotten to it. Since this
spectacle is already a public issue (not neccarily this case, but world
rights in general) where everyone is begining to chime in opinions, why not
let us have all the facts you have, and let us interpret it for what it is
before leaping to conclusions? ;) I mean, imagine all the time and length we
save. *looks at ever increasing posts* Never mind, we're half way to
stretching the Atlantic Ocean at this point...

Btw, just food for thought, but has anyone ever looked up the world contract
or agreement (if there is one) on what AWCOM has to say on this? :) I don't
think copying a theme is wrong in AW standards as you'll run out of original
ideas eventually, but what about copying in detail? If it IS mentioned,
please post. :P

Nornny

[View Quote]

World Theft.. more to come...

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C06663.BDDDD080

I'm not a world owner or anything, but isn't world owner rights =
different in each world, as the rights the world owner has and gives is =
determined on what he or she wants? Maybe it is just giving rights, but =
it's just some food that came out of my head for thought. :)

Consequently though, we all should've learned now never to trust anyone =
with rights. :) *wink*

Nornny
[View Quote] Leo :) aka BinaryBud
[View Quote] Nornny
[...]

<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm not a world owner or anything, but isn't world =
owner=20
rights different in each world, as the rights the world owner has and =
gives is=20
determined on what he or she wants? Maybe it is just giving rights, but =
it's=20
just some food that came out of my head for thought. :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Consequently though, we all should've learned now =
never to=20
trust anyone with rights. :) *wink*</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Nornny</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"binarybud" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:lmauk at traverse.net">lmauk at traverse.net</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
<A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a3928c9$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a3928c9$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>WRONG!!&nbsp;&nbsp; this is not a =
personal=20
squable......&nbsp; this issue is about World Owner =
rights!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Leo&nbsp; :)&nbsp; aka =
BinaryBud</FONT></DIV>
[...]

Discrimination towards the Gor culture

Dec 14, 2000, 10:26am
Myssie, I've only skimread through certain parts of your little essay but it
seems you have been bittered by Gor people taking in your friends. But isn't
friendship a two-way street? Have your tried in every single way to get in
contact with your "best friends"? I mean, my friends can join the KKK for
all I care, but if they still want a relationship with me, I sure as heck
want one back with them, no matter what they believe in. And I'll be the
first to be the pro-active one and try to reach them. :)
I've never experienced a Gor event as largely as many of you guys, but I've
seen it none the less. The way I see Gors' are as the minority. Just a lot
like blacks. Through things newbies learn (not always true and exaggerated
most of the time) about Gor's bring them to stereotype Gors as if all of
them were the same way. Maybe you have to be a bit more liberal to
understand the Goreans, and even now I don't understand them enough, but
hey, if the Gors want to play Bingo, there's no reason why they can't cross
the street. I mean, you can go into Gor and speak normal talk, and I THINK
they won't mind. Yet, they go into an AWBingo world and are persecuted for
the way THEY talk?? Seems mind-boggling to me.
I also don't understand why people keep constantly don't want to even look
at the sight of conflict. Yet, they'll charge into battle without
understanding the other side. I'm not talking about you though Myssie, you
seem to have plenty of knowledge on Gor (or at least I hope so). :) But just
in general, the fact that people still cringe at the way blacks or latinos
talk in the RW just makes me want to cringe sometimes myself. The same in
AW, everyone cringes at the talk of sex in AW, so they mute and never hear
another word. :) Yes, I can believe in that, BUT you just muted someone
you're telling others about with only maybe 3 lines of context to back you
up.
Under AW rules, I believe, Gors CAN talk the way they do talk in any public
world, they have the right, they can excercise it. All it takes is a simple
mute button to stop them, just don't go complaining about them even after
they're gone. :P
Really though, the only way we can get this resolved is through
understanding and listening, not just talking and bashing. I only see it
sensible enough that if majority of AW'ers are...not Gors...then WE try to
make the first step into understanding Gor life and educating what is true,
not what is untrue. :)

Again, sorry Myssie if this offended you, but it's not even geared towards
to, you must understand. ;) I'm replying to this post as it makes sense to
voice opinions in one long strand rather than seperate ones, that's all. :)

Nornny

[View Quote]

Discrimination towards the Gor culture

Dec 16, 2000, 12:28am
I never saw anything morally wrong with sex in the first place (if that's
what you're refering to). It's a beautiful thing that I want to experience
when I grow up and get committed. I say the more sex children are exposed
to, that ISN'T degrading, the better. :) You parents never take the time to
educate us on the subject anyways. :) Considering that, you could say what
the Goreans ARE doing IS degrading, and morally wrong, because of the
bondage factor, so I guess I just posted this for no reason. WHAT is a ten
year old child doing in a public world like AWBingo on his/her own, anyways?
:) If Goreans are talking about stuff beyond the rating AWBingo has, then
it's wrong. But why even try to get so bent out of shape with someone else
calling someone he/she knows a slave? :) I just wish we all (including I)
could understand the motives and thoughts behind what they do. :)
As for IF a nazi or a KKK were living in my own town (actually, there was a
KKK leader who had a hit list of all the minority leaders of my town living
a few roads down from me a few years back. And I'm asian :P he's in jail
now.), if he/she wasn't harming anyone internally or externally, and was as
civil to me as I would be to him/her, I don't see the problem with the KKK
or nazi member, even if they're parading down the street calling for blacks
to be persecuted. heck, Just like in AW, who really listens? :) You all here
have your foundations on your beliefs enough to know what to and NOT to
follow. And there's no one under the age or maturity in AW where he/ she
will be swayed by strangers (or else they wouldn't be using the net). Just
because people are taking things out of Gor worlds and into public ones
doesn't mean it has become a lifestyle. I mean, it's like me going out and
speaking like Pikachu. Sure, a bit silly, but life goes on. :) I doubt
ANYONE really refers to someone as slave/master in real life, or at least in
seriousness. But alas, all my opinions are based on what-ifs...
*a yell from Nornny's mother is heard in the background* *in a sarcastic
sigh* yes, master mommy...

Nornny

[View Quote]

USWF is just bullshit!

Dec 15, 2000, 6:43pm
Okay kah, Legion's post was bad, but god, how did you become Event and
Advertising head with that type of...err...speech? :) More replies below. :)

Nornny

[View Quote] I think the point Legion was getting at (even though he never worded it
quite right) was that you shouldn't have to even pay at all. :) But oh well,
you know him. :)
> And I'm head of the Event&Advertising Comittee in the USWF, and i can
offer
> lots of benefits! So you can just SHUT UP! (to all you others (except
Eep):
> sorry for the bad language)

Mondo mistake here dude. :) I'm assuming you want an apology for Legion's
bashing, but yet you just bashed Eep himself? :) Even if you didn't, it puts
you in as low as a position as Legion. I'm also refering to things said
below.

>I will suggest that you get ejected from ALL
> member worlds for 10 years because of this disrespect for a hard-working
> bunch of ppl trying to make a good service for SMART mayors/world owners
> (so, i understand why YOU don't like it...)! And I understand why ya got
> ejected, cuzz when you scream out propaganda about the USWF, it's clear
that
> we don't want you! AWCI should prohibe ya from posting stuff to this NG!

That's a bit harsh and overexaggerated thought. :) So he disagrees with you
and is kinda a baby about getting kicked out, so what? Just deal, like
banning him from the worlds is gonna make things better? :) *you'd think
that though, huh?* Look, the only mistake I saw in kicking Legion out was
that you showed JUST as little reason to kick him out in the chat log, as he
did in saying those nasty things.

> HATE at # at $# at $# LIKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! Go to somewhere else if you want to say
> bad things!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And never show yourself in a USWF
> world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the argument would be that he would be saying *true* things. :) Not
that THAT'S true. I hope you guys find a way to deal with him though.
Basically though, he wasn't doing anything wrong, and neither were you guys
in kicking him out. I mean, where else do you want to dissuade people from
joining the USWF? :P

Nornny

> KAH

USWF is just bullshit!

Dec 16, 2000, 11:36pm
Americans, though technically, involve even South American AND Central
Americans. So, you're just as elitists as the rest of us with that
oversight. :) Sure, people look at the US as the countries, but hey, USSR
and China's full name both involve a united states or united republic or
some form of it too. People may look at it as the country, but hey, it's fun
to prove people wrong! :P

Nornny

[View Quote]

To Legion and USWF

Dec 16, 2000, 12:41am
heck no, we've flooded the newsgroup and barged into plenty of people's
business enough that it seems to be a growing addiction. I know I can't help
it anymore. :) We've flooded every single other thread to the point where
it's spilling over anyway. :) heh heh. jk, but you know a post like this to
continue outside the newsgroup is totally unrealistic, Agent. :P Why even
try to stop them anymore, ever since we got full power to post whatever,
we've been taking advantage of it as if we just won a revolution. :)

Nornny

[View Quote]

To Legion and USWF

Dec 16, 2000, 12:51am
You guys are all walking pieces of ego, now aren't you? ;) Sorry to say, but
if you're going to post in the newsgroup, you're going to get my opinion. :)
Maybe you'll think about discussing personal matters on your own next time.

Lan, get some grammar and typing lessons. :) You can seriously use it. Fine,
they jacked you, YOU joined. :) Should've done a little research first,
buddy. Plus, you're never going to GET anywhere with duplicating a similar
bot and a similar group. This rule only applies to boybands anywho. Besides,
it's worse now cuz you're going off on a bitter ego trip, and you really
don't seem to be motivated by creating a group for the right reasons at all.

AL, sometimes I feel you're running a group of anxious 10 year olds who
really don't know WHAT they're doing, they just want power and money that
they can't get in...more mature...worlds like Alphaworld. :) It's
unbelievable how you've been able to stick with these guys for so long
without shooting yourself or intentionally terminating your existence in AW.
:)

Nornny

[View Quote]

To Legion and USWF

Dec 16, 2000, 1:18pm
umm. besides Lan and CrazyGlue(the name fits to a t, btw), you've had your
share of grammar mistakes and lack of patience. :) *points to the USWF is
just bullshit post* I even see quite a few this one, so don't make yourself
out as the I-told-you-so guy like it seems you did in this one. :)

Nornny

[View Quote]

To Legion and USWF

Dec 21, 2000, 6:07pm
<ugly plug> You can read more about Goober's opinion of leaving private
matters outside of the newsgroup in his monthly column at awnews.com. :P
</ugly plug>

Nornny

[View Quote]

BTW!

Dec 16, 2000, 1:31pm
You call this MATURE?! For god sakes, analyze yourself for a moment.
Screaming out for people not to use your name in 3 DIFFERENT threads is just
ridiculous. You can't even spell speEch right, so it hurts my ears even
more. Plus, you just contradicted yourself here, they have the freedom to
use your name in any way they like just as you do theirs. Maybe you don't
appreciate it, but hey, you set yourself up for it by your actions. Besides,
what's yelling going to do, STOP them?? You darn ultra-idealistic pre-teens
make me wanna cry sometimes. Wake up a second here, you're IN the internet,
not nursery school!!

Seriously AL, you run a bunch of adolescent year old newbies. Maybe you
should reconsider your training program before they ruin the newsgroup and
USWF.

Nornny

[View Quote]

BTW!

Dec 16, 2000, 11:40pm
*points to Anduin* What he said. :P Anyways, I'm a bitter, and strict
enforcer of internet common sense here (at least I want to think that I am),
and hey, you don't learn your mistakes from saying "Don't do that again".
You need a spanking sometimes. :P I never really have any hard feelings
toward anyone for what they do, I just get annoyed, and forget about it.
It's therapy at the expense of others, what can you do? :)

Nornny
PS, thanks Anduin for the kind words. :)

[View Quote]

BTW!

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C06803.00D00FC0

I must agree on that also. A lot of the 13 year olds and younger in AW =
are shining examples that kids can be kids, but have the courtesy and =
manners of adults. :)

Nornny
[View Quote] I'm 13 and whether you consider me 7 or 17 in your book, I don't =
especially=20
care... I should probably trek back a bit to previous threads, but I =
think=20
I'm still missing what this whole thing is all about.=20
-Twisted Horizon=20
[View Quote] >You forget, Nornny. AW is overrun with 12 yr olds. Unfortunately, =
that=20
>means that there's not much in the way of age diversity for AL to =
choose=20
>from. (Especially considering most of the more mature AW citizens =
see VR=20
>money as strictly a novelty) Frankly, I give AL props for being =
able to=20
>put up with it all and still run a decent organization. He'll make =
a=20
>name for himself yet. :)=20
>=20
>Oh, and don't bother with the "I'm not 12, I'm 13!!!" bit. It's =
close=20
>enough and as long as you continue to act this way, you will always =
be=20
>12 in my book. :P=20
>=20
[View Quote] pre-teens=20

internet,=20
Maybe you=20
newsgroup=20
and=20
please=20
dont, o=20
FOR=20
OF=20
SPEACH,=20
"Boss".=20
respect=20
the=20
use "boss"=20
and even=20
friend and=20
i=20
argurement,=20
am=20
"proving=20
>=20
>--=20
>Goober King=20
>Ponders writing a book titled "How to Spot a 12 Yr Old"...=20
>rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C06803.00D00FC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I must agree on that also. A lot of the 13 year olds =
and=20
younger in AW are shining examples that kids can be kids, but have the =
courtesy=20
and manners of adults. :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Nornny</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"the derek" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3A3C5085.186BE755 at yahoo.com">news:3A3C5085.186BE755 at yahoo.co=
m</A>...</DIV>now=20
i have to say youre probably the most mature 13 year old i have =
seen.... for=20
the most part=20
[View Quote] <BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; person(s), and I happen to Respect Anduin. Now =
many a=20
people use "boss" <BR>&gt;&gt; for <BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; higher =
rankings, only=20
reason I used it is becuase I wanted to, and even <BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; =
though=20
he is the "owner" or "founder" of USWF he is still my friend and =
<BR>i=20
<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; think that he likes me showing my respect, but =
what do i=20
know? <BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; Last =
Word,=20
<BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; DO NOT ever use my name without =
my=20
consent to help you in an <BR>argurement, <BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; that =
annoys me=20
the most. And no I do not want to take sides I am <BR>"proving =
<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
&gt; wrong" and Correcting it. <BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; &gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt;-- <BR>&gt;Goober King <BR>&gt;Ponders writing a book titled =
"How to=20
Spot a 12 Yr Old"...=20
<BR>&gt;rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C06803.00D00FC0--

COL2000

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C06803.683B9620

I still don't quite get the whole idea of it. Do you create countries =
and blow up other ones in a paintball barrage-ish type game? :) Is there =
any more details you can provide?

Nornny
[View Quote] Check out the webpage to see what COL2000 is... it's an AlphaWorld =
based game... also e-mail me joshua_trask at capecod.com if you wanna be =
part of my country... guaranteed to win? Quite possibly :-)

-Twisted Horizon

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C06803.683B9620

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I still don't quite get the whole idea of it. Do you =
create=20
countries and blow up other ones in a paintball barrage-ish type game? =
:) Is=20
there any more details you can provide?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Nornny</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"twisted horizon" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:joshua_trask at capecod.com">joshua_trask at capecod.com</A>&gt;=
wrote=20
in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a3c1989 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a3c1989 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>
<P><FONT size=3D3>COLONIZATION 2000! JOIN TODAY! </FONT></FONT><FONT=20
size=3D3><U><FONT=20
=
color=3D#0000ff>members.xoom.com/bettersspot/col2000/index.html</U></FONT=
><FONT=20
color=3D#000000>!!!!!</FONT></FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Check out the webpage to see what =
COL2000 is...=20
it's an AlphaWorld based game... also e-mail me <A=20
href=3D"mailto:joshua_trask at capecod.com">joshua_trask at capecod.com</A> =
if you=20
wanna be part of my country... guaranteed to win? Quite possibly=20
:-)</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>-Twisted=20
Horizon</FONT></P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C06803.683B9620--

where are all these idiots coming from?

Dec 17, 2000, 11:28am
Hey, if you get free internet and a free citizenship, a cyber ****job might
as well be part of the deal, eh? :) *sorry, a bit over the top this time,
but it's early morning and I can't think of a cleaner joke* Most are
trailor-trash kids who can't afford a lousy 10-20 dollars a month, anywho.
;)

Nornny

[View Quote]

where are all these idiots coming from?

Dec 19, 2000, 6:22pm
fun haha or fun in bed? :) I'm sorry, i couldn't distinguish what type of
fun you were talking about since you replied to a post talking about
cybering. :) and if you don't like going to JunoDome because people are
there, why are you even in AW?? I dunno about you being funny stupid either,
that last stunt you pulled was just stupid, especially since you were trying
to be smart and sophisticed. Same for this one too. :)

Nornny

[View Quote]

Forwarded Post

Dec 18, 2000, 11:02pm
[View Quote] It's true, but hey, it's business. :)

> What's Really Bogus in AW's case is that they leave all of the property
built by Citizens who expired over two years ago (like "elvis") and retain
their names so that people will *think* that there is a higher population
density ... there are objects in AW that have been around since 1995 that
still show the owner's name, even though they are Long Gone.

> The "Official" reason for keeping all these names and objects is, "Just in
case they come back a year later, see their stuff is still there, and they
can renew their citizenship with their old name and number." As if! :-)

Maybe so, but really, it is also for historical documentation also. :) A lot
of treasures and history can be seen in the 5 years AW has been alive, and
to destroy all of it would be a tragedy. :) Sorry to all you
non-sentimentalists, but hey, I haven't deleted ANY of my old works yet. :)

> Let's see, 11,000 paid citizens time $20 equals $220,000 in annual income
(assume that new citizens offset the ones who don't renew after their first
year) ... how many salaries (and how much rent) can they pay with that? No,
I don't think they'd want the public investors to see those numbers!

Isn't there only like 4 or 5 people that actually work on AW? That equals
out to 40,000-50,000 a year? It's middle class income (the average is
40,000) if the employees have a family. Somewhat higher than middle class
however if the employee is single.

> "Dead men tell no tales." That is, like, so Old Paradigm ... you can no
longer just cover up Bad News by getting rid of the person who found the
skeleton in the closet. :-)

AW is kinda shady. :) But I think that's all smart business...look at
Microsoft. :) We hate it with a vengeance, but we can't DO anything without
it. same with AW (I know I'd be dead without it).

Nornny

> -=DAH=-

Forwarded Post

Dec 19, 2000, 9:47am
So we conclude, the AWLDers are making 6 figure salaries...enough to make us
jealous enough to run a bot and scan for all paying cits to see if we can
get them sweating? :) Definately. :) hehe. I guess if you do think about it
though, AWCOM does make a large profit of their income through everything
else besides AW itself.

Nornny

[View Quote]

eep

Dec 19, 2000, 6:17pm
*airport steward mode* *begins waving hand signals* Please keep all luggage,
gas masks, guns, and personal vendettas in your upper compartment or email.
In case we should be attacked by Eep, please remain calm and refrain from
profranities and replying to this thread. In case of an emergency, there are
two emergency exits in the worldbuilders and bots newsgroup. *looks to see
that there actually ISN'T any escape* Should I tell them that we don't have
any parachutes either? :)

[View Quote] Yes, Eep can be very nit-picky, but hey, there ARE actually people who go
around typing like that. :) And don't say you don't care for it because you
just made a joke out of it, so apparently, it's worth laughing and
humiliating at. :) Just look at me and my cumpulsive disorder of adding
smily faces. :) Don't tell me you aren't annoyed by that. I didn't see the
post where Eep bursted your happy spirits (hey, we've all been there), but
just take a criticism or cynicism for what it is...Eep is never one to go
down. I mean look, has he EVER been beaten by anyone? Apparently not, he
still lives on. If you're looking for a reply and revenge, just email the
sucker. :P He might think you're a more worthy opponent.

> hahahahahahahaha Sorry eep! I couldn't resist here! I came here to
apologize
> to those I have offended and was genuine about it but you had to be rude
and
> tell me to stop using so many exclamation marks! I am soooo sorry that I
> don't know my punctuation well!

Mmm...I think eep will be looking for another apology from you real soon. :P
>Those that know me KNOW that this is my
> style of writing! IF I was using more than one at a time (refer to above
> sentences) then i could see you bitching about it, but I wasn't! I used
ONE
> (UNO, 1) after each sentence! Can you please tell me where I did harm?

You probably did harm to his patience, his head, his eyes. :) All
possibilities.
>if
> you don't like my posts then please don't read them!

It could very well be that this is the first noticeable post that he read,
so he couldn't have figured that he hated your writing style. But from the
looks of it, he thinks of you as too worthless to even reply to. :) *that
could change, but if it doesn't, MAN have you been put down. lol*
>If ALL my posts were
> written the same way as above then I could see you bitching but I don't
> because I know that is considered yelling! Like I said tho! I use them
> because it's my style and because I don't know my punctuation well! I have
> learning disability and never learned them properly! :o)

You're not one to make good sarcasm. :P hehe.

> ~Myssie~

Nornny

The Power of the ! Mark

Dec 20, 2000, 6:14pm
Sorry to sound a bit Eep-ish on you, but how do you call this a poem? :) It
rhymes, but there is no structure at all. And if it was meant to be free
verse, it isn't even in Iambic pantameter. I doubt this is a haiku or
limerick either. Did I miss any other poetry styles? *boggles* :P Sorry,
poetry unit in english class is leaving me trying to analyze anything that
rhymes or non-essayish.
Not that it's anything bad or anything, but I just felt like saying
something to this. :) Plus, Eep is going to lose his mind over this. I'm
sure he took enough creative writing classes to go insane with this...thing.
:) jk.

Nornny
PS, how in the world do you have the life or time to write a more than one
verse on Eep of all people?! :P I hope this was whipped up in a few minutes
rather than something you spent your whole social weekend on. :)

[View Quote]

The Power of the ! Mark

Dec 20, 2000, 10:12pm
True, but most poems are written with the form of 10 syllables either
stretching one or a few lines. It's even in the way we speak so it's hard
not to write a free verse without it. :P I suppose you can and get away with
it, the content is really the flow and bloodwork of a poem anyways, like
yours for example. :) And poetry is a form of art, meant to be enjoyed and
critiqued, just like any other art. You interpret a poem your own way as
with any piece of poetry. :) Take your poem for example. I enjoyed it a
bunch, but it is a depressing poem when I look at it, even if it was meant
to be jollyful and farcical. :)

I just don't see writing poetry for fun, if the intent of the poem was to
bash someone. :) I just see it as poetry to let out your vengeance and need
for revenge. That's not poetry, especially one of that nature. There's a big
difference between yours and hers in the form of poetic expression, even
though you can see both as "bashing". :)

Wishing everyone a delightful Winter Solistice (just a day away),
Nornny
(is that politically correct? i know a group of people celebrate it, but i'm
not sure if it's a national type of holiday or religious. I'm half Catholic
and half Buddhist (laymen's term: atheist) so I wouldn't know. :/)

[View Quote]

Re: Bot Hosting

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C06ABA.31EC3980

Then you can't own a world, obviously. :) People make it a business to =
sell avs and objects, and they are in demand enough from "rich" people =
and companies that they are willing to pay the price for that. Face it, =
you might as well be living in Alphaworld if you're going to spend less =
than $100 on a world. There's nothing you can do with that, and people =
are dumb enough to only save enough money for just the world hosting, =
forgetting that once they get the world, they have no knowledge or deep =
enough knowledge to create the avs and objects they need to accomplish =
what they're trying to build with the world. And learning how to even =
make a simple square object sometimes can take months of practice, add 6 =
dollars or so an hour for all the time you've wasted working on one =
single object, and yeah, $50 will do it. :) You might as well sell it if =
no one is coming to your world anyways. :)

Nornny
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C06ABA.31EC3980

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Then you can't own a world, obviously. :) People =
make it a=20
business to sell avs and objects, and they are in demand enough from =
"rich"=20
people and companies that they are willing to pay the price for that. =
Face it,=20
you might as well be living in Alphaworld if you're going to spend less =
than=20
$100 on a world. There's nothing you can do with that, and people are =
dumb=20
enough to only save enough money for just the world hosting, forgetting =
that=20
once they get the world, they have no knowledge or deep enough knowledge =
to=20
create the avs and objects they need to accomplish what they're trying=20
to&nbsp;build with the world. And learning how to even make a simple =
square=20
object sometimes can take months of practice, add 6 dollars or so an =
hour for=20
all the time you've wasted working on one single object, and yeah, $50 =
will do=20
it. :) You might as well sell it if no one is coming to your world =
anyways.=20
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Nornny</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"captain mad mike" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:missioni64 at yahoo.com">missioni64 at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a413990 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a413990 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Yeah I love your prices! Only $30 for an edited =
birdbot! So=20
cheap! and $50 for a set of edited avs that have smiley face textures =
and=20
other things! And man I can't wait to get a world so I can pay you =
guys $100=20
to build my world when I can do it myself and get help from my =
friends! And=20
wow! For the price of 2 domain names a year I can get bot hosting for =
my=20
preston! In case you can't tell I'm being sarcastic. Yeesh we don't =
have money=20
to burn here.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C06ABA.31EC3980--

Moo!

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C06BE3.29341040

There is no point to the thread, so why is are you also replying to a =
useless thread with a useless post? So no one post, just stop, before =
Rolu gets some misguided ideas that this is okay.

Nornny
[View Quote] Never do that again. Only a select few are allowed to moo in my=20
presence, and you ain't one of em.=20
[View Quote] --=20
Goober King=20
Begone, peasant!=20
rar1 at acsu.buffalo.edu

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C06BE3.29341040

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>There is no point to the thread, so why is are you =
also=20
replying to a useless thread with a useless post? So no one post, just =
stop,=20
before Rolu gets some misguided ideas that this is okay.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Nornny</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"the derek" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3A42CA21.4397412E at yahoo.com">news:3A42CA21.4397412E at yahoo.co=
m</A>...</DIV>ok....=20
what is the pint of this thread...? <BR>btw MOOOOOO <BR>:-P=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C06BE3.29341040--

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  |