sw chris // User Search

1  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  77  |

AWTeen GZ

Nov 3, 2004, 5:52pm
You're right. It doesn't make sense. I fail to see how removing a few
poles will solve your FPS problem.

And 50fps should be standard!? What are you smoking Bowen? :P I've never
reached 50fps in a standard load area and I've probably got an average card.
A Geforce4 4200. The best I can ever get is 30fps and most of the time I'm
down around 15.

At 120 meters, I averaged 11 fps in Fer's GZ looking in the direction of teh
clock that you removed. At AWTeen GZ I averaged only 6.5 fps at 120m,
looking in teh same direction. What's lagging me are the extra elements
around GZ that are at fault, not the GZ's design itself.

Chris

[View Quote]

Solve the bump command mystery

Nov 2, 2004, 6:13pm
You should try it out at least, PCH. Seems like it works only 50% of the
time or so. Hope it works for you. :)

Chris

[View Quote]

FYI AW Inc. is NOT Activeworlds, Inc.

Nov 4, 2004, 6:52am
I'll just copy and paste this.. with some editing for context.

You know what, while we're at it, let's just blame each of the other 30% of
the country who voted republican primarily because of a different issue than
religion. I'm not a Bush supporter by any means, as I voted for someone
else, but let me point out to you something that you insightfully failed to
consider. Any of those groups can be blamed for tipping the election in
favor of Bush, so why are you singling out people who did so because of a
moral basis? What about the Neocons? Or the Gun-toting Capitalists? Hell,
how about the New York police and fire fighting forces?

There are better ways to express your anger for religion without projecting
it into your brand of politicking. Set up a dart board with Jesus' head on
it.

If there's one reason why I'm flustered, it's not because I practice a
particular religion and you happen to be bashing it among others. That
happens every day so please don't think me so petty as to sink down to that
level. It's because you can't seem to think of a well-thought out reason
why this group of people are to blame for four more years of wailing and
gnashing of teeth. If anything, its your liberal attitude that's
responsible for what you perceive as a sucky four years. So stop whining,
suck it up, and prepare for the next election. Whining never solved
anything. And Mr. Kerry has already figured that out. I suggest you go
back and re-read this post with that in mind so you don't reply thinking I'm
angry because of my religious roots.

Because, quite honestly... I can't stand the stupidity.

[View Quote]

Help Tech's of ActiveWorld Please ;)

Nov 7, 2004, 6:15am
Do that again, and tell us what's under the "Display" heading. You told us
what was in "color quality", but we're looking for what's in the Display
box.

Chris

[View Quote]

Getting a copy of the teleport.cgi script..

Dec 2, 2004, 2:08am
This'll help with our PHP experiment too. Muhahahaha.

Chris

[View Quote]

AW Mapper request...

Dec 8, 2004, 9:50pm
cool beans. :)

Chris

[View Quote]

Any news on New AW?

Dec 6, 2004, 10:34pm
>___________<

Next AW Reunion?

Jan 12, 2005, 8:25pm
To be honest, SW City is having their reunion in Newport, Rhode Island,
August 11 through 16. We didn't know about this reunion when we started
planning. So maybe you could have the AW reunion then and we can drive up
to meet you guys! :)

Chris

[View Quote]

Homopobic Gatekeeper?

Jan 27, 2005, 6:20am
Please, telegram her. Enough of the public displays of nuisance.

Chris

[View Quote]

Homopobic Gatekeeper?

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C5052E.3F971E70

At least half of that stuff is made up, to be honest. This is a yellow =
source. =20
[View Quote] Note about Goreans: See http://www.cyberwolfman.com/awtgor.htm
Scary.

- =3D LtBrenton =3D -

[View Quote] news:41f9498a at server1.Activeworlds.com...
>=20
> "Mauz" <mauz at my.activeworlds.com> wrote
>=20
against the=20
rated=20
necessary.
>=20
> I do believe there are 3 situations in when this is allowed by the =
GK=20
> guidelines, but I deleted the telegram they were in, anyone care to =
post=20
> them?
>=20
>=20
> Oh yes... lets eject him, and then not be responsable for our =
actions... =3D\
>=20
already.
>=20
> We have already seen examples of the GK's not following rules, the =
sexual=20
> chosing comment is completly illegal, at least in europe.
>=20
>=20
> Well of course they are going to reoffend if they are being ejected=20
> incorrectly.
>=20
own=20
>=20
> They shouldent be, they are not their for their own personal =
domination...=20
> Yesh the GK's have gone to pot since Skyee died.
>=20
gay!)
>=20
> Yet a lot of them spew completly incorrect macros in the wrong =
situations..
>=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C5052E.3F971E70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#aca8ba>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At least half of that stuff is made up, =
to be=20
honest.&nbsp; This is a yellow source.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
<DIV>"LtBrenton" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:uaf_brenton at concsols.com">uaf_brenton at concsols.com</A>&gt;=
wrote=20
in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:41fa29bf$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:41fa29bf$1 at server1=
..Activeworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; Yes there are GKs from all walks =
of life,=20
some even homophobic (or gay!)<BR>&gt; or=20
<U><STRONG><EM>GOREAN</EM></STRONG></U> or whatever, but they may =
still be=20
able to do properly<BR>&gt; what they are supposed to do, which is to =
greet=20
and help newcomers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Note about Goreans: See <A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.cyberwolfman.com/awtgor.htm">http://www.cyberwolfman.c=
om/awtgor.htm</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Scary.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>- =3D LtBrenton =3D -</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Strike Rapier" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:markyr at gmail.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>markyr at gmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"news:41f9498a at server1.Activeworlds.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>news:41f9498a at server1.Activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
"Mauz"=20
&lt;</FONT><A href=3D"mailto:mauz at my.activeworlds.com"><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>mauz at my.activeworlds.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt;=20
wrote<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; However, I don't think that the GK here =
will be=20
seen as acting against the <BR>&gt;&gt; GK guidelines:<BR>&gt;&gt; It =
is not=20
appropriate to discuss sexual orientation in a strictly G rated =
<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
world.<BR>&gt;&gt; GKs are allowed to eject without warning, if they =
feel that=20
necessary.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I do believe there are 3 situations in =
when this=20
is allowed by the GK <BR>&gt; guidelines, but I deleted the telegram =
they were=20
in, anyone care to post <BR>&gt; them?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; Continuing =

argument after ejection can be considered harassment.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
Oh=20
yes... lets eject him, and then not be responsable for our actions...=20
=3D\<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; GKs do not have to argue with citizens who =
should know=20
the rules already.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; We have already seen examples of =
the GK's=20
not following rules, the sexual <BR>&gt; chosing comment is completly =
illegal,=20
at least in europe.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; A returning offender can be =
ejected=20
for 1 hour or more.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Well of course they are going to =
reoffend=20
if they are being ejected <BR>&gt; incorrectly.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; =
And, GKs=20
are largely trusted to handle things according to their own =
<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
discretion.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; They shouldent be, they are not their for =
their=20
own personal domination... <BR>&gt; Yesh the GK's have gone to pot =
since Skyee=20
died.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; Yes there are GKs from all walks of life, =
some even=20
homophobic (or gay!)<BR>&gt;&gt; or Gorean or whatever, but they may =
still be=20
able to do properly<BR>&gt;&gt; what they are supposed to do, which is =
to=20
greet and help newcomers.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Yet a lot of them spew =
completly=20
incorrect macros in the wrong situations..<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; --=20
<BR>&gt;&gt; Mauz<BR>&gt;&gt; </FONT><A =
href=3D"http://mauz.info"><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>http://mauz.info</FONT></A><BR><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;</FONT> </BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C5052E.3F971E70--

Homopobic Gatekeeper?

Jan 28, 2005, 4:19pm
AW Gate is what it has always been. People value their own freedom too
highly if they think that at the expense of others they should be allowed to
do whatever they wish and when they wish it in one single world, regardless
of its status as the primary drop-in chat location. It has rules precisely
because it is the primary chat room on this server.

[View Quote]

Lighting in Alphaworld

Feb 7, 2005, 1:11am
It may just be me, but _not_ having a day/night cycle limits building in AW.
I'd love to do builds that light up in interesting ways. Right now
everything looks flat.

[View Quote]

Megaplanets bad uni

Feb 11, 2005, 4:46pm
They're just dumb teenagers, or l33t g4m0rz. Your preference. No need to
insult their tastes when you can insult their intelligence. :P I guess
nobody told them that stealing stuff in cyberspace is as real a crime as
robbing a bank.

Chris

[View Quote]

Reason why Alphaworld GZ never changes?

Feb 23, 2005, 8:41pm
AW may be history, and thank you for your past updates to it, but that world
needs constant attention since so many people still use it. If there's a
virtual version of a "living document" like our US Constitution, AW world
would be it. :) Might I suggest that if you guys are too busy at the
office to pay it proper attention that you appoint a trusted end user as
caretaker as you have with the peace and gate keeper organizations and
awteen caretaker positions?

Chris

[View Quote]

Reason why Alphaworld GZ never changes?

Mar 10, 2005, 12:10am
They have awgz world for a reason...

[View Quote]

Reason why Alphaworld GZ never changes?

Mar 10, 2005, 12:15am
Complaining has never gained much progress before. The antagonism between
the users here and AWI needs to stop. Only then can you move forward and
enact positive changes.

Chris

[View Quote]

Reason why Alphaworld GZ never changes?

Mar 10, 2005, 7:36pm
That's a very interesting compromise. I'd be open to something along those
lines.

Chris

[View Quote]

Reason why Alphaworld GZ never changes?

Mar 11, 2005, 5:08pm
So, let me get this straight. Are you advocating that customers should not
give any feedback at all? That's basically all we're doing.

Chris

[View Quote]

Reason why Alphaworld GZ never changes?

Mar 11, 2005, 5:10pm
I think everyone realizes that this is not going to happen. You have
nothing to lose if your plan for a new world is not put into action.
However, those of us who build there have everything to lose if the plan is
put into action. So your best bet is a compromise like you posted above,
not creating an entirely new world.

Chris

[View Quote]

Reason why Alphaworld GZ never changes?

Mar 11, 2005, 9:02pm
Yes, you're right. These arguments are pretty much stupid, but they do
serve as a sounding board. Regardless, I'm of the opinion myself that it's
far to early to be talking about this stuff publicly. Every three months or
so, someone starts a thread like this, and it never goes anywhere. It only
serves to remind AWI of yet another feature that customers want/don't
want/might want, among the hundreds of others. With all the differing
opinions, it's no wonder that nothing public has been announced yet. This
is more smoke, I'm afraid. :)

Chris

[View Quote]

Xelagot 3.608 available

Feb 22, 2005, 4:31pm
Wait....

Oh ok. You weren't around for Newsgroup Survivor. ^_^

Chris

[View Quote]

Xelagot 3.608 available

Feb 22, 2005, 4:34pm
He's talking about people in countries where you have to pay by the megabyte
for what you download. He's talking about saving their bandwidth.
Although, to be honest, in this day and age, newgroup text hardly puts a
dent in your wallet. Or even your change jar.

Chris

[View Quote]

Xelagot 3.608 available

Feb 23, 2005, 1:37am
3 kilobytes versus 1, eh? ::)

Chris

[View Quote]

Xelagot 3.608 available

Feb 23, 2005, 8:44pm
In any given day there aren't enough posts to equal 100 kilobytes. a 56k
modem can download that in less than 15 seconds and a 28.8k modem in less
than 30.

Chris Walker

[View Quote]

Xelagot 3.608 available

Feb 23, 2005, 11:02pm
Well that's your problem, not the Internet's. :P

[View Quote]

Xelagot 3.608 available

Feb 24, 2005, 8:21pm
True. Sux. :( Unfortunately, if the internet truly served the lowest
common denominator users, everything would still be in text bbs.

Chris

[View Quote]

GOR world owners

Feb 23, 2005, 1:39am
Speaking as someone who doesn't condone certain gorean activities,
Cyberwolfman is hardly an authority. He made up at least half of that and
probably more than half of all of it.

Chris

[View Quote]

GOR world owners

Feb 23, 2005, 2:29pm
To engage in immoral activites to stamp out hate, murder, and slavery is to
become as those you seek to destroy. The other extreme, however, childish
ignorance, is a far worse alternative.

[View Quote]

GOR world owners

Feb 23, 2005, 8:48pm
As far as I know, cyberwolfman is long gone. I haven't heard from him in
ages. ??

[View Quote]

AW's lighting upside-down?

Feb 26, 2005, 10:36pm
Who knows? But it sure makes my crown work on a couple of my buildings
stand out. ^_^

Chris

[View Quote]

1  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  77  |