captain mad mike // User Search

1  ...  9  10  11  12  13  |

Could Lighting in AW be brought back?

Jan 7, 2005, 7:32pm
I agree with the others, set it back to at least 10m. 20m would be a good,
too. People just need to cover land so the offensive light won't get into
their builds. And if not, the PK website is making it seem that the GET
still exists so they should be called in to remove the vandalism.

-CMM

[View Quote]

Homopobic Gatekeeper?

Jan 30, 2005, 6:47pm
GK Data1: Nope you can go after women that is normal, gay behavior is not
normal nor accepted here

Data1 seems to make it clear that discussing things related to being
heterosexual is allowed...

"Mauz" <mauz at my.activeworlds.com> wrote in
message news:41f94196$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> However, I don't think that the GK here will be seen as acting against the
> GK guidelines:
> It is not appropriate to discuss sexual orientation in a strictly G rated
> world.
> GKs are allowed to eject without warning, if they feel that necessary.

WOW chrispeg (565)!

Jan 30, 2005, 2:06pm
Wait, so when you have AW on and someone tries to join you, it steals focus
from whatever you're doing to tell you that someone wants to join? That's
going to get very, very annoying...

-CMM

[View Quote]

WOW chrispeg (565)!

Feb 1, 2005, 7:15pm
But now you don't have to, as the whole issue here is the fact that AW will
now steal attention from whatever you're doing to show you that you have a
join request inbound.

MSN-like popup would be nice...like what my Miranda IM does when my local
weather changes.

-CMM

[View Quote]

Lighting in Alphaworld

Feb 6, 2005, 5:50pm
Yeah, this would look really cool if we didn't have the bright and sunny
winter backdrop in the sky and everything else be dark like night time. I
think AlphaWorld good at night and I've been waiting to see alphaworld at
night again, lit up as if it were night.

-CMM

[View Quote]

Reason why Alphaworld GZ never changes?

Feb 23, 2005, 8:40pm
> 1. NewAW is not and has never been meant to replace AlphaWorld.
When's that due out, by the way?

> 2. AlphaWorld is a part of history and has been since it opened in 1995
We're not saying AlphaWorld isn't a part of AW's history, we're saying its
still an active and changing world, and therefore AWI shouldn't squelch
attempts to "update" the world to preserve its "history" (which, ironically
enough, has been defaced things such as texture overwrites and changes to
the "animate" command).

> 3. AlphaWorld has not been "swept under the rug"
Then why is it that whenever anyone donates an object or texture set
(like DAAP did according to the rotating object at GZ), it just goes ignored
by AWI? Why is it that the only changes we get are simple weather changes
for the season (and still no decent skyboxes)? And why is the GZ still the
same ugly GZ that has been around since I joined in 1999?

-CMM

Lights Lights Lights !

Mar 1, 2005, 1:58am
light radius in alphaworld? it's back up to 10m...

-CMM

[View Quote]

Complains lol

Mar 10, 2005, 1:53am
Improving AlphaWorld doesn't HAVE to destroy its "history." Heck, the best
destruction of AW's "history" I can think of comes from AWI overwriting
textures on the OP and changing the animate command.

AlphaWorld is the primary building world, and therefore it needs to be
updated and kept looking nice, that or we need another AWI-hosted world
that's just as big with just as big a user capacity with more objects...and
then AWI can disable building in AlphaWorld so everyone can enjoy its
"history" without fear of anything getting touched.

-CMM

[View Quote]

Complains lol

Mar 11, 2005, 3:13pm
I think Comit's point was that creating a second world with AlphaWorld's
scale would be too costly for AWI since worlds that large require their own
dedicated servers... and AlphaWorld isn't even that full yet, still don't
see why the historical stuff can't be propdumped elsewhere in AW so people
can still view it.

-CMM

[View Quote]

Complains lol

Mar 11, 2005, 3:15pm
It's also the largest world, and the primary building world. No reason to
leave it as the "bastard-child" of Active Worlds. And large communities like
us can't simply "move on" to new worlds. It would cost us thousands yearly
to move SW City to its own world so we could get a couple measly new objects
or a skybox instead of AlphaWorld's unchanging brown mountains.

-CMM

[View Quote]

Complains lol

Mar 11, 2005, 5:33pm
Uhhh....are you forgetting that the AW GZ was built by AWLD? It's the
company's account, and if only the GZ area was updated and the surrounding
areas were cleaned up so there aren't 50m-tall "OMG COME LOOK AT MY TOWN
LOLOLOL!!!!11" signs everywhere....then the old (expired) cits could (if
they ever would) come back and still see their builds there, only with a
newer GZ area. If only the AWGZ area is updated and not the surrounding
spaces, and since it is built by AWLD and not private builders, then we
wouldn't have the problem of peoples' builds being destroyed "in the name of
progress."

And there IS a place for the old GZ if the real one is updated in the AWGZ
world, as people have mentioned many times in this thread. The old GZ isn't
going to be gone forever, its just in a better place. But something just has
to be done about it, because if I was a tourist and saw the GZ and the
zbuffer all over the place I'd be disgusted with the program. And even if
the GZ was changed it doesn't have to be a completely different GZ...the new
one's design could have elements of the old one so there's some historical
influence in the new one. It's like old houses in the US, they're old and
have historic value but that doesn't mean people can't bring them up-to-date
or rennovate them to look better.

-CMM

[View Quote]

SW City 6th Birthday Bash

Mar 13, 2005, 11:00pm
>_< at the blue sky in that picture. Think I should build a few more generic
>pollution-generating factories...you know, to get the feel of the place
>right :)

-CMM

[View Quote]

AW Inspired By book "Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson

Mar 14, 2005, 10:13pm
And it used to have live AWI webcams in the upper level :D

-CMM

[View Quote]

Alphaworld servers lately....

Mar 23, 2005, 12:19am
I have noticed some poor performance as of late as well. Things do cache
very slowly, and I often partially lose connection with the uniserver, thus
clearing my contacts and worlds list. I have to reconnect whenever that
happens. Never happened before until just a few months ago (like 2...)

-CMM

[View Quote]

AW Mapper - approaching 1 year outdated

Jun 30, 2005, 10:35pm
Get a couple more computers and rig up a Beowulf array. Propdump
supercomputing, anyone? :)\

-CMM

[View Quote]

something in blue

Jun 30, 2005, 10:27pm
Heh, reminds me of when we were trying to get SW City's domain.
www.swcity.com was for sale for like $400...... so going with .net saved us
all a couple hundred for that :P

Now there isn't a price listed, but the hint comes from the "price request
agreement" for the service: "By submitting this price request, I understand
that the quoted price will be at least $1,000 and may be over $10,000. "

Yikes.

-CMM

[View Quote]

Feature suggestion

Jun 30, 2005, 10:30pm
There have been a lot of good bugs that were fixed (negative lighting,
colorable texturing, etc.), unfortunately :/

However this at least gives the fingers a rest while you explore the
highways that stretch across AlphaWorld :)

-CMM

[View Quote]

So how about those clouds?

Jun 30, 2005, 10:24pm
Yeah, nice to see something new in AlphaWorld. Makes that vast solid
blueness look 10x better IMO.

-CMM

[View Quote]

SW City Block Party: HUGE Success!

Jul 27, 2005, 2:10am
Goober + DJing = More fun than a barrel of cheese logs.
Kraftwerk ftw.

-CMM

[View Quote]

Help us rally to bring our sky back

Jul 31, 2005, 11:46pm
I really enjoyed how the old backdrop didn't even seamlessly transition into
the solid blue "sky" behind it. :P

-CMM

[View Quote]

Help!!

Nov 7, 2005, 5:57pm
Did you hit Control + V (paste)?

-CMM
[View Quote]

AWI Answers

Nov 18, 2005, 1:15pm
1 = reallyreally good point :P Adding move and rotate didn't suddenly make
all your old builds look terrible (unlike when the animate command was
changed...), so I dont see how allowing what 4.1 will offer could be any
more dangerous to builds than what has already been given to AlphaWorld. And
more objects are always welcome :)

I personally don't have much of a preference either way about AWGZ (though
it should look nicer, just so new tourists aren't disgusted by it), but not
updating the GZ doesn't mean you can't update the world as a whole at all.

-CMM

[View Quote]

huh!

Feb 28, 2006, 2:07am
Winamp AVS > iTunes. That's all there is to it.

-CMM

[View Quote]

Sailers get fed up with E N Z O

Feb 28, 2006, 2:03am
Smile! They <3 E N Z O!

Good find ^_^

-CMM

[View Quote]

Irritated with MICROSOFT

Mar 8, 2006, 7:48pm
Never had a problem with the genuine product checing stuff on my main
computer, ever. I know my install CD's valid and I know my key's valid...I
don't see why you've got this "the end is near!" attitude. In your case
you're either using XP Corporate or are experiencing a fluke in the system.

-CMM

[View Quote]

Religion thing in awgate...

Mar 12, 2006, 11:52pm
qft, QFT!! Q! F! T!

-CMM

[View Quote]

AW4 vs. SL features

Mar 12, 2006, 11:48pm
Informative post, interesting points you bring up. Though I can only imagine
that AW and SL merging would result in some bizarre bastard child of a
virtual world...seeing as how in SL land costs money and has x set of
features, but in Active Worlds you can take as much land as you want
(depending upon the world you're building in, of course) and you get y set
of features.

*waits for the inevitable "OMG YOU POSTED IN HTML" replies*

-CMM

[View Quote]

AW4 vs. SL features

Mar 14, 2006, 6:14pm
We did the math, it came to some ungodly number like over $1000 per month to
run the city for all the land we have.

-CMM

[View Quote]

Error associated with command?

Mar 16, 2006, 1:42am
No, its not needed, and the error can be ignored. We use it all over the
city for timer poles since they don't need any textures. And I hope people
dont use codes like that to texture buildings X_X

-CMM

[View Quote]

<bug> Non-refreshing remote commands = busted

Jun 2, 2006, 2:41pm
Temporary workaround could be adding an initial delay in the movement for

-CMM

[View Quote]

1  ...  9  10  11  12  13  |