captain mad mike // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  |

two "languages" for actions...

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C0B2EE.EA2F41A0

I think it would be cool if AW had a hard action "language" and an easy =
one. This would be like for new people you can use the easy one (create =
solid no, light, etc.) which would be easy to remember after a while. =
But for some of us who are really experienced there could be a harder =
one with shorter commands but would save cell space big time. For =
example, create could be removed, or replaced by C, bump could be B, and =
activate could be A, then for commands like light with lots of variables =
you can have one letter per variable, like brightness is b, color is c, =
pitch p, angle a, and so on. This would help us squeeze just a little =
more creativity out of the cell space in AW.

--=20
My two cents,
Captain MAD Mike

PS> Think we could get a cell limit raise too? I know some people get =
laggy but still...a little more would be nice.

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C0B2EE.EA2F41A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I think it would be cool if AW had a =
hard action=20
"language" and an easy one. This would be like for new people you can =
use the=20
easy one (create solid no, light, etc.) which would be easy to remember =
after a=20
while. But for some of us who are really experienced there could be a =
harder one=20
with shorter commands but would save cell space big time. For example, =
create=20
could be removed, or replaced by C, bump could be B, and activate could =
be A,=20
then for commands like light with lots of variables you can have one =
letter per=20
variable, like brightness is b, color is c, pitch p, angle a, and so on. =
This=20
would help us squeeze just a little more creativity out of the cell =
space in=20
AW.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-- <BR>My two =
cents,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Captain=20
MAD Mike</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>PS&gt; Think we could get a cell limit =
raise too? I=20
know some people get laggy but still...a <EM>little</EM> more would be=20
nice.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C0B2EE.EA2F41A0--

Path movement

Mar 25, 2001, 6:02pm
I think we should have another feature of move, path=_____. There could be
preset shapes like "circle", "rectangle" or possibly "triangle." but it
would be hard to make your own. For circle's customization you could have a
"radius" command, for rectange you'd have north-south length and east-west
length, and triangle could be side 1 side 2 side 3.

--
My two cents,
Captain MAD Mike

More for worlds...

Mar 31, 2001, 1:42pm
Yeah that would be cool. You could also add a paintball arena and have only
people in that area able to eject other people in that area.

[View Quote]

Max Visibility Setting...

Mar 31, 2001, 2:32pm
I know I've posted this before but really...when can we ge a maximum
visibility setting? I'd like to get some more vis out of my AW because my
Radeon DDR is giving me a pretty good fps (around 60-80 average) and I'd
like to get some more distance in my viewing. I'm no programmer, but how
hard is it?

--
My two cents,
Captain MAD Mike

Max Visibility Setting...

Mar 31, 2001, 7:16pm
Gah how would raising the visibility cause a rewrite? Shouldn't it just be
"render objects within ___ meters"?
[View Quote]

Midi playlists

Apr 1, 2001, 1:22am
I'd like to see a midi playlist function built in to AW. Just a playlist, it
could detect when one midi was over and download/begin a new one.

--
My two cents,
Captain MAD Mike

illuminating built-in IE browser

Apr 2, 2001, 10:58pm
Nonono, you select the text not the name, and really to me it takes a lot
longer to right click the phrase and do stuff with the mouse when I can just
tap down Control C and get it done with.
[View Quote]

Better collision detection?

Apr 2, 2001, 11:01pm
Now that we have objects that can move, I feel this should be brought up. I
was playing with move and rotate in Simple Geometry when I made a downwards
elevator. You could just stand there and it would take you down. But in
order to go upwards you have to keep walking so the collision detection will
detect that the object you're walking on is always a little higher. I think
it would be nice if the detection could raise your avatar without you having
to walk, so we can make *real* elevators once 3.2's better encroaching stuff
comes around.

--
My two cents,
Captain MAD Mike

Object Stretching

Apr 3, 2001, 5:56pm
Gee...lately I've been full of ideas (I guess school has done
something...warmed up my brain it)...

Anyways, I've been thinking it would be cool if we could warp objects, like
take a pp08 and stretch it so instead of 8x8 its 14x5 or some weird
dimension like that. This could not only be used for effect but for filling
in odd-sized gaps in builds so we don't have to overlap (yes, yes, I know
about the control-shift thing). But we could also possibly stretch walls to
make them a little bigger and thus reduce cell space usage. This would also
be a good idea for avatars, then they could be stretchy like from The Sims.
Though it would be harder to create objects, avatars, and to texture avatars
it would be useful for little things, and it could possibly be used in
another way, just plain warping. with warping we could add ripples to stuff
too :)

I know that this may not be possible for some time (due to those wonderful
folks at RW) unless AW switches 3d engines (which would sort-of stink
because then we'd have different objects...though AW could possibly go
through the main worlds with an object-switching program and also give it to
private world owners).

--
My two cents,
Captain MAD Mike

Object Stretching

Apr 4, 2001, 5:35pm
Just a follow-up. I asked Roland about this [avatars being actual flesh
instead of seperate objects aka "skin and bones"] and he said that RW is
supposed to be capable of this but its just a matter of the AW browser being
able to do that.

--
CMM

Object Stretching

Jun 26, 2001, 12:16am
If AOL took over 3d chat we'd all be doomed. They're big enough. Though I
guess then they would give AWCOM some better business by making AWCOM look
good (because knowing AOL they'd put a load of ad sh-t into their "3-d"
worlds). And then I have an excuse to mail them stinkbombs for "copying" AW,
and flooding my cable channels with even more annoying RoadRunner ads (I
mean, I freakin use it for the internet so why can't they use all that money
and filter out the ads for me? Augh...)

--
CMM
"Crazy to the gluon!"

someone who is getting MADDDDD

Apr 8, 2001, 12:33pm
Thats not good...what if your world contained a major bug in the new browser
that could be fixed but if all the testers were ejected then we couldn't see
the bug and we'd have a browser released with a huge bug in it because you
ejected the testers.

[View Quote]

Scroll Down box

Apr 8, 2001, 5:09pm
Keep it in a seperate file?

New Rights Feature

Apr 9, 2001, 10:16pm
I like it....though now AWCOM can make me be quiet if I don't agree with
their views *X-files music plays* O_O

Two Action Languages

Apr 9, 2001, 10:05pm
My math has gotten my brain thinking (aaaah my brains all hot and mushy!
O_O). If you haven't read my old post about two action-box "languages" then
basically, one uses minimal characters and the othere is easy to remember to
newer people.

c could be create (saves 4 bits), and AW should assume that all commands are
create unless otherwise noted (saves another bit there), solid is s, visible
is v, move is m, and so on. Activate could be A, and bump could be b.
in-command commands like the ones for light could also share the same
letters as other commands, for example:

b s no;c l b=100 f=bl t=.1,t zdeck1 This would make the object become
unsolid when bumped and would be textured zdeck1 and give off a light of
brightness 100 that blinks with an interval of .1 seconds. This is so much
shorter than:
bump solid no; create light brightness=100 fx=blink time=.1,texture zdeck1

And would also save on cell space.

New commands that begin with a letter of another command (say AW implements
stretch) could use the second letter (s is solid, st is stretch) and so on.
Sure its confusing, but it would help for those who like to get the mose out
of AW's space.

--
My two cents,
Captain MAD Mike

Two Action Languages

Apr 9, 2001, 11:31pm
I know...but wanted to include an example action

Telegram alarms

Apr 10, 2001, 7:15pm
I'm really frustrated when someone is t-gramming me for something urgent and
I am looking at my browser and actually read the telegram 10 minutes after
it was sent. Can't we have some sort of user-set sound that will play when
you get telegrams? And also can we ban people from telegramming us (say we
get telebombed by them...)

--
My two cents,
Captain MAD Mike

Free Internet without Banners?

Aug 10, 2001, 8:04pm
I beleive that most cable can already outpace DSL (according to pcpitstop's
internet connection tester, DSL is listed at speeds below cable's)...but
anyways cable is the cheaper alternative also...just find a fast one...
[View Quote]

VOTE: ALL PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR AW READ

Apr 30, 2001, 6:52pm
Reminds me of this one server in Team Fortress Classic (half-life me). Its
always full of newbies who fight eachother for the flag (they'll launch
rockets at you so you go flying and they steal the flag and go cap it or
shoot you with the mini-railgun) and this one ass who was a sniper and shot
me into grenades, shot me away from my sentry guns, and would just follow me
and shoot me for no reason, which gets annoying because you go flying when
snipers charge up their bullets :/
[View Quote]

Incentive to become a PK, GK, Teacher

Apr 30, 2001, 6:52pm
I think you forgot something called the trial world. A LOT of people new to
AW will take advantage and thus I bet about 100+ worlds on the list are
trials, and some people keep their worlds private except for events, and
some worlds are like SW City's paintball world where its owners use it for
events and thus not a lot of people are normally there. SO really if you
want a world just go for it.
[View Quote]

Incentive to become a PK, GK, Teacher

Apr 30, 2001, 11:17pm
Dude...face it....you're not gonna get custom backdrops unless you just
manually d/l it from the server and plop it in your art directory.
[View Quote]

Graphic options for AW?

Apr 30, 2001, 6:52pm
I think it would be nice if we could get some more graphics options for AW,
like support for hardware acceleration, Direct3d, maybe OpenGL, then
Z-Buffer depth (16-bit,24-bit,32-bit for newer cards), possibly some other
options...hey if they made AW stable enough then it could gain popularity as
a benchmarking tool :)

It would be nice if we possibly had a full-screen mode but I'm not sure as
to how we could come about with that... heh what strange wishes I
have...must be from playing games like TFC and other Half Life mods so much
lately (hey lets get rocket launchers LOL)...

--
My two cents,
Captain MAD Mike

Graphic options for AW?

Apr 30, 2001, 11:12pm
Yeah the mouse trigger thing would be useful, heh maybe we could get
user-moveable objects in AW like click it and then you can drag it
around...hey that would be fun. As for 3d benchmarks, yeah I have 3DMark
2001 (the lobby scene rules!) and 3DMark 2000, I thinnk my score droppped
from a 5000 to a 1200, still when you think about it if AW became a
benchmarking tool in the way that games like Quake have then it would
probably see some more popularity from the gamers who want to get bragging
rights. I suggested to roland before in beta we should have hardware synth
support too...lets hope he adds it :)

--
-CMM

QWORD for the avatar numbers

May 5, 2001, 9:47pm
a what?
[View Quote]

Better caching

May 5, 2001, 10:15pm
This really bugs me, I upload a file (say a midi) then use it in AW only to
find that it cannot load (because the file isn't fully uploaded) and AW just
ignores that URL so I cannot open that midi unless I wipe out my cache
(which is annoying) so, in 3.2 can the cache be smart and if some error
comes up (like a 404) then the file does NOT get cached that way and will
reload until it is fully downloaded and THEN cached.

--
My two cents,
Captain MAD Mike

"Fixed" stairs

May 14, 2001, 6:40pm
Even though I know that AWCOM rarely adds new objects to AW, this would be
just a small feature that builders like me will love. A different set of
stairs WITHOUT those annoying side panels. I'm quite sick of having to
decide which side of my smaller/narrower builds I want the stairs to stick
through so I can rid myself of the z-buffering. But keep the set with the
side-panels too because those make great stairwells.

--
My two cents,
Captain MAD Mike

Move-and-stop.

May 18, 2001, 8:39pm
If this feature hasn't already been implemented, it would be nice to be able
to tell an object to move and then stop at its destination.

--
My two cents,
Captain MAD Mike

WASTED space :)

May 19, 2001, 1:27am
seee? WASTED cell space :P

CMM
"Crazy to the gluon!"

From: "sw comit" <swcomit at swcity.net>
Subject: Re: "Fixed" stairs
Date: Friday, May 18, 2001 4:40 PM

You could always use four small stairs and move them away from the walls so
the stairs overlap each other a bit (which you can't see unless it's
textured), and if you have the cell space to waste.

--
SW Comit
swcomit at swcity.net
Mayor of SW City
http://www.swcity.net
President of Community Linkage Commission
http://comlinkage.tripod.com

avatar dialog

May 20, 2001, 2:16pm
Man thats cool :) I guess they took it off because of some worlds' long av
lists...but it would be nice to have it back.
[View Quote]

To drop Clertion (spelling?)

Jun 30, 2001, 11:45am
Then find out what the folks at madonion.com used and use that! Man that 3d
stuff (3dmark 2000 and 2k1) looks kickin
[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  |