captain mad mike // User Search

1  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  |

eep pre-beta source in basic

Dec 21, 2000, 12:25am
Though really IMHO if that was supposed to be more like eep instead of
getting stupider it would cuss and lash out at the user a lot more as you
converse with it.
[View Quote]

down again?! get your fucking act together, AWCI! (no text)

Dec 11, 2000, 11:46pm
*sigh* leave it to eep to make a rant about this. I was expecting it.
[View Quote]

Re: Bot Hosting

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C06AAE.0DED8EA0

Yeah I love your prices! Only $30 for an edited birdbot! So cheap! and =
$50 for a set of edited avs that have smiley face textures and other =
things! And man I can't wait to get a world so I can pay you guys $100 =
to build my world when I can do it myself and get help from my friends! =
And wow! For the price of 2 domain names a year I can get bot hosting =
for my preston! In case you can't tell I'm being sarcastic. Yeesh we =
don't have money to burn here.

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C06AAE.0DED8EA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Yeah I love your prices! Only $30 for an edited =
birdbot! So=20
cheap! and $50 for a set of edited avs that have smiley face textures =
and other=20
things! And man I can't wait to get a world so I can pay you guys $100 =
to build=20
my world when I can do it myself and get help from my friends! And wow! =
For the=20
price of 2 domain names a year I can get bot hosting for my preston! In =
case you=20
can't tell I'm being sarcastic. Yeesh we don't have money to burn=20
here.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C06AAE.0DED8EA0--

Re: Bot Hosting

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C06AC5.006E3CE0

Ahhh nonono. Worlds are enough as they are...and I guess companies buy =
the stuff but what about people who run their own worlds and want more =
objects (privately owned public building worlds). I don't own a world =
anyways...but still with their prices as high as they are nobody really =
can afford to spend $50 for some avatars edited in Modeler. Reminds me =
of Grover and his $5 extra for using another skin texture on his SEALs =
and Marines. But still I mean seriously about the "world building" if =
you're gonna get a world you pretty much gotta do work on it =
yourself...I mean then you're just hosting it and letting someone else =
run it for you...and paying them $100, and if you can't build well then =
tough luck...you gotta practice to GET good.
[View Quote] Nornny
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C06AC5.006E3CE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ahhh nonono. Worlds are enough as they are...and I =
guess=20
<U>companies </U>buy the stuff but what about people who run their own =
worlds=20
and want more objects (privately owned public building worlds). I don't =
own a=20
world anyways...but still with their prices as high as they are nobody =
really=20
can afford to spend $50 for some avatars edited in Modeler. Reminds me =
of Grover=20
and his $5 extra for using another skin texture on his SEALs and =
Marines. But=20
still I mean seriously about the "world building" if you're gonna get a =
world=20
you pretty much gotta do work on it yourself...I mean then you're just =
hosting=20
it and letting someone else run it for you...and paying them $100, and =
if you=20
can't build well then tough luck...you gotta practice to GET =
good.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>nornny &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:Nornny at snet.net">Nornny at snet.net</A>&gt; wrote=20
in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a414c44 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a414c44 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Then you can't own a world, obviously. :) People =
make it a=20
business to sell avs and objects, and they are in demand enough from =
"rich"=20
people and companies that they are willing to pay the price for that. =
Face it,=20
you might as well be living in Alphaworld if you're going to spend =
less than=20
$100 on a world. There's nothing you can do with that, and people are =
dumb=20
enough to only save enough money for just the world hosting, =
forgetting that=20
once they get the world, they have no knowledge or deep enough =
knowledge to=20
create the avs and objects they need to accomplish what they're trying =

to&nbsp;build with the world. And learning how to even make a simple =
square=20
object sometimes can take months of practice, add 6 dollars or so an =
hour for=20
all the time you've wasted working on one single object, and yeah, $50 =
will do=20
it. :) You might as well sell it if no one is coming to your world =
anyways.=20
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Nornny</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"captain mad mike" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:missioni64 at yahoo.com">missioni64 at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3a413990 at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a413990 at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Yeah I love your prices! Only $30 for an edited =
birdbot!=20
So cheap! and $50 for a set of edited avs that have smiley face =
textures and=20
other things! And man I can't wait to get a world so I can pay you =
guys $100=20
to build my world when I can do it myself and get help from my =
friends! And=20
wow! For the price of 2 domain names a year I can get bot hosting =
for my=20
preston! In case you can't tell I'm being sarcastic. Yeesh we don't =
have=20
money to burn =
here.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C06AC5.006E3CE0--

CLC

Dec 29, 2000, 9:58pm
I think thats a cool idea. Though since I'm co-staff in SW City with Comit I
probably gotta say that or else he'd like surround my little subcommunity or
something (sadistic him :P), but really I do like the idea of connecting the
towns, I think it makes AW seem a lot more realistic. (and really, highways
also serve as spawning grounds for little settlements, like Hickville [the
little 4 person community that Syntax and I started]).

_
/ |\ /| |\ /|
/ | \ / | | \ / |
\ | \/ | | \/ |
\_ | | | |

Did the duct tape go undone again?

Dec 30, 2000, 2:23am
No no no, you're all wrong. Enzo guzzled a bottle of bubbli in the
pre-new-year's party and stumbled in the server room with a few six packs.
After getting Roland and the rest of the technicians drunk he thought the
server was a lady who wanted a drink so he poured beer down the fan hole in
the power supply.

Either that or this was "another bribe from juno" but I like the above idea
better :)

--
/ |\ /| |\ /|
/ | \ / | | \ / |

Did the duct tape go undone again?

Dec 30, 2000, 5:50pm
No but maybe I will now ;)
[View Quote]

Wheeere oh where has our AlphaWorld gone?

Jan 9, 2001, 11:36pm
Pfft...they don't have space on the server for 10GB? 4 words: buy a hard
drive. And if theres no bays but an external one...those won't take much out
of AWCOM's $540,000 income from cits

Question Time

Jan 9, 2001, 12:12am
Me? I can't remember exactly, I think I was browsing the AWCOM site and was
bored so I decided to set up Outlook on these ngs.

[View Quote]

Texturing on tree01 to tree03

Jan 9, 2001, 12:20am
OK just getting this thing MORE off topic but..

aaaaaaaaaaaaah mean mauz her not telling us the punch line her :P making it
unclear her :P using SW City lingo too much me :P

--
/ |\ /| |\ /|
/ | \ / | | \ / |

3.1 REAd THIS

Jan 11, 2001, 11:40pm
adapt 3.1 so it works without acceleration? That would be tough but until
then theres the closest thing to it: 2.2 Build 305.

3.1 Info..

Jan 9, 2001, 12:38am
Ergh I'm just waiting for 3.1 to come out for public beta...and *goes into
self-centered mode* I'm suprised they didn't pick me *raises chin* to
beta-test 3.1 (ok enough of that). Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait
another month to see if that one light post I made actually works (at least
by then the network card on my new comp will work so I can have hardware
that is capable of seeing it).

--
/ |\ /| |\ /|
/ | \ / | | \ / |

Would Alphaworld ever wipe?

Jan 9, 2001, 12:29am
LOL though really I did some calculations and AWCOM makes over $540,000 from
citizenships alone, so add in the world costs and that would put them at
probably $600,000. But really when you think of it most of AW's cits build
in AW so AW is really what the company is riding on. And I also found that
AWCOM doesn't loose a lot of money when AW is down (only has to be 10 bucks
at most an hour).

--
/ |\ /| |\ /|
/ | \ / | | \ / |

Would Alphaworld ever wipe?

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C07A7B.3EEF2540

True, true. I didn't think about that. But anyways like I said I believe =
that most of AW's profits ride on citizens being able to build in AW so =
AW is the backbone world (or at least one of the backbone worlds if more =
than one) of AWCOM.
[View Quote] How do you figure? AW does NOT have 27,000 citizens--more like =
PERHAPS 11,000 which have actually paid. You forget many citizenships =
are free with worlds, won in contests/games, or otherwise simply GIVEN =
away by AWCI in promotions (Juno, Pepsi-sponsored 13th Floor opening, =
etc).=20
AWCI already states in its SEC reports that most revenue comes from =
universe server owners and worldbuilding/object design contracts.=20

[View Quote] > LOL though really I did some calculations and AWCOM makes over =
$540,000 from=20
> citizenships alone, so add in the world costs and that would put =
them at=20
> probably $600,000. But really when you think of it most of AW's =
cits build=20
> in AW so AW is really what the company is riding on. And I also =
found that=20
> AWCOM doesn't loose a lot of money when AW is down (only has to be =
10 bucks=20
> at most an hour).

------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C07A7B.3EEF2540

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>True, true. I didn't think about that. But anyways =
like I said=20
I believe that most of AW's profits ride on citizens being able to build =
in AW=20
so AW is the backbone world (or at least one of the backbone worlds if =
more than=20
one) of AWCOM.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>the derek &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3A5A94C2.436EB6AF at yahoo.com">news:3A5A94C2.436EB6AF at yahoo.co=
m</A>...</DIV>dont=20
forget those inactive cits that have expired :o) there are probably a =
max od=20
10,000 registered users still active=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C07A7B.3EEF2540--

Would Alphaworld ever wipe?

------=_NextPart_000_007F_01C07C0D.16B42E20

Yeah but eventually they find out how to use the "Worlds" tab and then =
they goto AW and say "thats a big chat room!" (like you said they don't =
know much about AW hehehe oooh zing) and hang out there because thats =
where the people are.
[View Quote] True, true. I didn't think about that. But anyways like I said I =
believe that most of AW's profits ride on citizens being able to build =
in AW so AW is the backbone world (or at least one of the backbone =
worlds if more than one) of AWCOM.=20
[View Quote] How do you figure? AW does NOT have 27,000 citizens--more like =
PERHAPS 11,000 which have actually paid. You forget many citizenships =
are free with worlds, won in contests/games, or otherwise simply GIVEN =
away by AWCI in promotions (Juno, Pepsi-sponsored 13th Floor opening, =
etc).=20
AWCI already states in its SEC reports that most revenue comes =
from universe server owners and worldbuilding/object design contracts.=20

[View Quote] > LOL though really I did some calculations and AWCOM makes over =
$540,000 from=20
> citizenships alone, so add in the world costs and that would =
put them at=20
> probably $600,000. But really when you think of it most of =
AW's cits build=20
> in AW so AW is really what the company is riding on. And I =
also found that=20
> AWCOM doesn't loose a lot of money when AW is down (only has =
to be 10 bucks=20
> at most an hour).

------=_NextPart_000_007F_01C07C0D.16B42E20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Yeah but eventually they find out how to use the =
"Worlds" tab=20
and then they goto AW and say "thats a big chat room!" (like you said =
they don't=20
know much about AW hehehe oooh zing) and hang out there because thats =
where the=20
people are.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>the derek &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3A5BDE6A.5443DB5C at yahoo.com">news:3A5BDE6A.5443DB5C at yahoo.co=
m</A>...</DIV>yeah=20
thats true but a lot of tourists are starting to register b4 even =
knowing how=20
to build..i dunno why but they do=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_007F_01C07C0D.16B42E20--

"Restricted Commands"

Jan 14, 2001, 11:31pm
Yeah but in AW all the really big objects are z (except for the balloon) or
are centered and will basically spin in place. I think that AW should find
some way to kinda (excuse any wrong words, not a programmer) pre-load the
rotate so that if the object encroaches then the command is blocked and the
object is reset to its previous state (like if you move it into someone
else's property, it snaps back).

--
/ |\ /| |\ /|
/ | \ / | | \ / |

"Restricted Commands"

Jan 14, 2001, 11:33pm
Not only AW has lots of shit in it, mars and meta are full of big areas of
claimed land, wildaw has claimed empty lots, and there are many worlds who
are owned by people who can't build at all (or at least not very well). And
AW does have a LOT of "good stuff" too, and many towns to visit so I guess
that makes up for not going to other worlds and having to d/l them only to
find out that they're bad.

--
/ |\ /| |\ /|
/ | \ / | | \ / |

--==[(/ AWComreg \)]==--

Jan 11, 2001, 11:29pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH comit :P argueing you. Going off topic me. Using city lingo
me. bad me.

--
/ |\ /| |\ /|
/ | \ / | | \ / |

U CAN HAVE YOUR OWN FREE GRAFITI LOGO

Jan 14, 2001, 11:35pm
I wouldn't call that an insult, it says that syn likes to give FDA alot, and
from experience he's not gay so...

[View Quote]

interesting new AW org

Jan 29, 2001, 10:03pm
Nono, good idea just nobody apparently wants to head it.

--
/ |\ /| |\ /|
/ | \ / | | \ / |

a solution to encroachment?

Feb 1, 2001, 12:28am
I say that we should have a trial run of rotate in AW. If it's abused, its
out the door until AWCOM finds a way to have it "detect" wether it will
encroach. And theres not much damage you can really do with rotate unless
you don't cover some land. But anyways AWCOM reccomends that you do that
anyways. And besides if someone throws some balloons into your house then go
build another somewhere else. And most towns anyways are pretty well covered
so its tough to have someone spin a pole through your walls or something.

--
/ |\ /| |\ /|
/ | \ / | | \ / |

Gamers Beware! NEOCRON!

Feb 7, 2001, 12:44am
O...k...

how incompetent can AWCI get? god damn...

Feb 7, 2001, 12:43am
OK so according to you if your ISP decided to mess up on you, you could call
yourself incompetent. If you want AW to change at least stop flaming them,
or seeing that you like the negative approach go buy a gun and take them
hostage. THEN maybe they'd listen. And we know AW has to do a lot of things
so you can just shut up about them.

3.1 and teacher

Feb 12, 2001, 9:00pm
The hardest thing would be getting the light command parameters in order,
there's so many :\

-CMM
[View Quote]

Help desperately needed

Feb 12, 2001, 9:09pm
Bah get a trackball if anything. I have this nice one from logitech, I
beleive its opitical. Very comfy and it has a scroll wheel. And besides,
trackballs are better on your wrist. It's only about $30.

[View Quote]

Oh the complexities!

Feb 12, 2001, 9:00pm
It seems every day the NG gets a step more complex. First there's eep and
his constant whining about how "Roland is incompetent" (by comparing AW to
games who's producers spent millions on a TEAM of programmers) and then this
whole issue on IA and his gay rights thing (nothing against gays with me)
and editing the chat logs to add to the "evidence." What's next? Making
conspiracy theories about AW's staff? :\

-CMM

Oh the complexities!

Feb 13, 2001, 10:17pm
Hey cool I actually generated a response for once! ^_^

-CMM

3.1 Complaints *sigh*

Feb 14, 2001, 7:17pm
You make it sound like AW is the cause of all your woes, when it could be
your system.

[View Quote] Then deal with it or get a new computer!

> Ok
> now back to what I was saying previously. Getting back to the Xelagot.
Well
> I noticed that it wasn't beeping to alert me anymore like it had
previously
> and I didn't understand why. I checked to make sure the beep option was on
> and it was. Then I checked my volume control thingy and it too was OK.
Well
> then I went to control panel and THIS is the message I got.
> http://www.geocities.com/yonkers21/sndcrd.jpg
> Oh and incidentally, I had NO sound in IE either.WHICH aggrivated me
because
> I like sounds.

It could be your sound card.

> And in AW the midi's sound HORRIBLE now. They sound VERY
> cheap. It's the best way i can explain it. There is virtually NO bass or
> whatever sound it is.

Yeah right, to me the 3.0 and before midis sound crappy when synthed, now
they actually have a more realisitic tone. Maybe the midis you tried it with
weren't synthesized with this use in mind. Or once again it may be your
sound card. BTW there never was any bass with the synthed midis either.

> Ok Next complaint......
> Another complaint I have is that AW now has new commands (light, rotate,
> etc.) I just wanna know ONE thing ok? WHAT is the POINT in having them if
> the commands CAN'T be used in Alpha World? NOT everyone can build in
private
> worlds OR own a world. My opinion (and others seem to feel the same) If
> there are special commands they SHOULD be available to ALL users to ALL
> worlds NOT just private worlds.

I agree with you there, I want rotate as it doesn't vandalize much but move
is too much.

> MOST of us are regular builders in Alpha
> World and WildAW.

WildAW allows special commands, well they did during the beta.

> I for one have a very small world and can't do all the
> building I like to do in Alpha World. Also some of the objects Alpha World
> has i don't have on the persons OP I am using. I also don't understand the
> need to not let us use the "Z" objects either. I mean they can be used in
> WildAW, why not Alpha too? What's the point of having them on the list?
>
> Another complaint I have is.............
> Midi's on sites. Not only do they now sound HORRIBLE but now when you walk
> away, they fade. I don't like that, but can live with it I suppose. I like
> to be able to listen to the whole song (provided it's my taste).

Yeah I hate that too.

> But getting
> to the HORRIBLE part. Before the new 3.1 upgrade, the midi's all sounded
> wonderful and were bassey (spelling) and really sounded nice (I have good
> speakers for my PC) but now they sound, hippie kinda so to speak. Ummm
they
> sound cheap. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it except HORRIBLE.

Could be your speakers or sound card. I've got a set of 5 watts with a 15
watt subwoofer and AW sounds incredible (and there IS bass). Or maybe just
you don't have DirectSound (which I beleive AW now loads midis with).

3.1 Complaints *sigh*

Feb 14, 2001, 7:18pm
same with me, I ran 3.0 on a 2MB Rage Fury (oooh I could feel its power!)
and was lucky to get 20fps, then on 3.1 I averaged 20fps or more. Of course,
now that I upgraded I can get an average of 40-60fps ^_^

3.1 Complaints *sigh*

Feb 14, 2001, 7:20pm
Augh you voice your opinion, thus allowing us to voice ours and then when
you find out that some people disagree you lash out at them and start
cussing, chill.

[View Quote]

1  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  |