jernau // User Search

1  2  |

HELP

Apr 7, 2001, 10:49am
Hi there, can anyone help me. All my AW applications have stopped
connecting. Browser, World server and bots. No ISP problems or blocks. Cant
figure out if there are any relevant Registry keys that relate to AW
connectivity. Got to AW's tech support answering machine :) Have tried to
email AW tech support......slowly going mad.......<strangled
noises>...Anyone ?

HELP

Apr 7, 2001, 5:08pm
I dont use a proxy, but have been provided with one by my isp if i need it
and have tried with and without proxy settings as i access the net via cable
modem

[View Quote]

HELP

Apr 7, 2001, 6:49pm
Wouldn't go near AOL if you paid me - LOL

[View Quote]

HELP

Apr 8, 2001, 7:43am
Well, thanks for the opinions on AOL guys but it doesn't get me any closer
to a solution :) No AW for two days now and ready to kill ! :)

[View Quote]

X1 Script

Feb 21, 2002, 6:50pm
Hi there,

Can anyone help me ? I need a simple script for a specific task but i
have no
experience of scripting. Is there anyone who would mind helping me with
writing a script ? email me (jernau.gurgeh at reimari.net) or gram me in
AW (Jernau)

X1 Script

Feb 26, 2002, 5:49am
Why thanks j be l l for your constructive help and criticism, and for reminding
me why i don't usually bother posting in these newsgroup. Notch up one more for
community spirit. Not all of us have as much time as we'd like to sit and learn
a programming language, but thanks for taking the time to use your wit and
sarcasm to help me...much appreciated.

[View Quote] > and of course, you couldn't take the time to read the help files and
> actually learn the language.. it's much easier to bug people to create a
> half-assed program for oyu that doesn't even do what you really wanted it to
> do in the first place, every time you want/need a util

[View Quote]

ChatRelayBot 1.02

Nov 21, 2002, 7:04pm
That url appears to be dead ?

On 20 Nov 2002 19:49:24 -0500, "tony m" <ag5v1u7001 at sneakemail.com>
[View Quote] >http://caesar.homeunix.org/aw/chatrelay.php

>Fixed bugs in this release:
>
>1. The CRB will now tell you if it doesn't have caretaker privileges & log out of the universe.
>2. When a user reentered, they would not be deleted from the list & an exception was raised.
>3. An issue was raised (and fixed) regarding chat relay systems in general: not filtering out the carriage-feed character could allow "fake" messages to be sent in regular chat by bots; with no way to discern the difference, this may cause confusion.
>
>New features in this release:
>
>1. Global messages can be sent to everybody in the world
>2. Announcements can be sent when people enter/exit the world (excluding bots)
>3. You can now locate users with the "/locate" command.

ChatRelayBot 1.02

Nov 21, 2002, 11:11pm
Ok, downloaded and installed fine thanks. Small problem, the minimise
to tray feature appears to have a problem. On my machine it won't
restore to original size. Wasn't sure if you wanted bug reports in
here or direct to email.

Windows XP Pro
AMD Duron 800Mhz
32mb TNT2 Nvidia
DirectX 8.1

On 21 Nov 2002 19:07:50 -0500, "tony m" <ag5v1u7001 at sneakemail.com>
[View Quote] [View Quote]

ChatRelayBot 1.02

Nov 21, 2002, 11:15pm
Sorry, small update, the restore works on double clicking, just not on
right click and restore, just lazy i guess :)

On 21 Nov 2002 20:11:18 -0500, "jernau"
[View Quote] >Ok, downloaded and installed fine thanks. Small problem, the minimise
>to tray feature appears to have a problem. On my machine it won't
>restore to original size. Wasn't sure if you wanted bug reports in
>here or direct to email.
>
>Windows XP Pro
>AMD Duron 800Mhz
>32mb TNT2 Nvidia
>DirectX 8.1
>
>On 21 Nov 2002 19:07:50 -0500, "tony m" <ag5v1u7001 at sneakemail.com>
[View Quote]

Nestor bot in DLP

Dec 16, 2002, 7:52am
Hi there,

Go to the Imatowns website and get the latest version of Nestor -
build 6. Then enter auth.activeworlds.com:5674 in the universe line
in Login screen and usual cit# and priv pwd. Should work fine. I got
someone there to test it for me as i don't have a cit in DLP :)

Rich.

On 15 Dec 2002 16:50:21 -0500, "princess scara"
[View Quote] >can anyone tell me how to get the Nestor bot into another universe? I have
>tried everything possible and it wont connect. Is it for AW use only? any
>help would be appreciated

ChatRelayBot v1.042

Jan 24, 2003, 3:07pm
Hi,

Bug report - it seems that swapping privs in a world where the bot is
operating causes a 'list index out of bounds' error under windows XP
Pro

On 6 Jan 2003 22:37:31 -0500, "tony m" <ag5v1u7001 at sneakemail.com>
[View Quote] >http://caesar.homeunix.org/aw/chatrelay.php

>Fixed bugs in this release:
>
>1. If you select your color as a public speaker, the bot consoles you "[time] * Your color has been selected."; the color consoled to you is not in bold.
>2. The "Stop" button remained disabled after starting.
>
>----------------------------
>Development News
>
>Development has been focused on version 2.0 of the ChatRelayBot. The architecture of version 1.X is poorly designed to run as an NT service, and many parts of it are buggy enough that it can only be rewritten if the CRB is to have any stability, and properly support any new features added to it.
>
>The only releases for version 1.X will be major bugs; version 1.X will be deprecated and no longer supported after the release of version 2.0.
>
>Planned features:
>
>1. Linking between ChatRelayBots
>2. Multiple CRBs within a single NT service application (the GUI version will remain a single-instance CRB)
>3. Complete takeover of inworld chat with the Hide Chat feature (in Active Worlds 3.4) - this may or may not make it in 2.0, depending on when AW 3.4 and CRB 2.0 are released.
>
>If you have a suggestion for this new version, please use the form available on http://caesar.homeunix.org/aw/bug.php and it will be considered.

Day/night bot?

Jun 20, 2005, 10:27am
I think you'll find the weatherbot on A'tuin will be the Magsbot...
http://www.turtleflight.com/magine/mb.html

There is a scripts page that lists a weather control panel :)

On 19 Jun 2005 13:40:42 -0400, "Heretik" <Heretik1 at tiscali.co.uk>
[View Quote] >What about the super cool weatherbot I saw on A'tuin... anyone know where I can obtain one of those?
>Tried mailing the owners of A'tiun but no response yet.. anyone know anything on that front?
>Cheers :)
[View Quote]

HELP

Apr 7, 2001, 10:31am
Hi there, can anyone help me. All my AW applications have stopped
connecting. Browser, World server and bots. No ISP problems or blocks. Cant
figure out if there are any relevant Registry keys that relate to AW
connectivity. Got to AW's tech support answering machine :) Have tried to
email AW tech support......slowly going mad.......<strangled
noises>...Anyone ?

HELP

Apr 7, 2001, 6:03pm
I'm on cable modem which uses lan settings to connect and yes i'm set to
medium, the only thing that changed recently was that MSN messenger was
installed. I have subsequently found out that others running off the same
router in our area can send to the AW server but not receive whilst dial up
users in our area can connect. Now how strange is that ?

[View Quote]

HELP

Apr 8, 2001, 7:41am
Thanks for the info guys but i'm not currently running a firewall so that
cant be it. This just happened spontaneously as far as i can see. The only
thing i did that i can think of is that someone installed MSN messenger on
my system which i subsequently uninstalled

[View Quote]

HELP

Apr 8, 2001, 9:11am
Yep, thanks for the advice but i'm already talking to AW server admin and
they say that data packets from my IP are getting to them and being
returned, they're just not getting back to me so i think it's a router
problem with my ISP. Traces to the auth.activeworlds.com server are giving
me 90ms max from here in the UK but still no connectivity for any AW
applications !

[View Quote]

HELP

Apr 9, 2001, 4:44pm
cant do that mate, cable modem slaved to one ISP

[View Quote]

AW and nvidia

Mar 11, 2003, 10:39am
Check out my reply to Goober Kings post on this subject in the Beta NG
about this problem, i too had the same problem and managed to fix
it... however if you follow my advice - be warned - either make sure
110% what you are doing or get someone who knows to do it for you.

On 11 Mar 2003 05:34:17 -0500, "chiana" <stonkingv8 at hotmail.com>
[View Quote] >When I origonally built this PC that i'm useing now I built it to use in AW
>specs are 2 gig p4 500mb ram and 64 mb nvidia chipset vid card.
>
>After trying XP , 2000 and ME and having exactly the same problem you are I
>tried the PC on a few 3D intensive Games and found out that it wasnt a
>problem with just AW, after starting to play a game or use AW the PC would
>either blue screen or just switch off with no warning at all.
>

>In the end I tried a non nvidia based vid card that was in my brothers PC
>and it ran totally stable, so I changed my vid card for a non nvidia based
>one and the PC has been totally stable on XP since.
>

>It's worth trying out on a few games to see if its just AW it doesnt like.

Effects I'd like to get ahold of...

Nov 2, 2003, 9:52am
http://www.activeworlds.com/newsletter/0602/060205.html

Clock scripts there :)

On 1 Nov 2003 21:30:45 -0400, "weebo" <weebo at my.activeworlds.com>
[View Quote] >AW has a tutorial somewhere in the help files on just how to make those
>clocks work in analog and digital examples...let me do a little hunting fer
>ya.
>Weebs
[View Quote]

Solo debit cards?

Nov 27, 2003, 3:13pm
As far as i remember a Solo card is not strictly speaking a 'proper'
VISA card and rather than a credit limit, the account is tied directly
to your bank balance. This being the case it means that usually a Solo
card can only be used in the country it was issued in due to the fact
that whoever you are purchasing from has to be able to tap into the
national banking network of that country and check your bank balance
prior to accepting your card in payment for products or services :)

[View Quote] >English Solo Cards dont work Strike, American ones do.

>-Robbie

[View Quote]

M A T T situation

Jan 15, 2004, 6:12pm
Congratulations to all at AWI - Great work Guys !!

Jernau

On 15 Jan 2004 14:45:23 -0500, "strike rapier"
[View Quote] >Can yer kinda... disclose his name? Calling Him M a t t is no longer any
>particular use to everyone now... and it will make it easier for writing
>things up, his name is highly annoying with caps and spaces.
>
>Appart from that; nice job everyone involved.
>
>- MR

[View Quote]

VRT time should change with daylight savings

Apr 3, 2004, 10:36am
Your just getting old Drac ;)

Jernau

On 2 Apr 2004 23:57:41 -0500, "count dracula" <dracula at netsonic.fi>
[View Quote] >I have learned that anything that involves UK is confusing. It is stones,
>dimes, inches, pounds, Fahrenheits and god know what based on someones foot
>size, thumb lenght, teoretically freezingpoints random moon positions and
>god knows what.
>
>Drac
>"rossyboy" <rossyboy at vwtv.org> kirjoitti viestiss
>news:406da6c9$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
>change

Sharman Caves open

Apr 28, 2004, 11:08am
Just had a walk through, looks and sounds very interesting with some
nice creative building, good job :)

Jernau

[View Quote] >Hey everyone. I don't usually advertise my builds, but I feel like this is
>my best work in the past 3 years since Peril Mountain and some might be
>interested in seeing.
>Sharman Caves is a vast network of caves that's been in the works for about
>6 months now, off and on. You can just explore it, but if you want the
>maximum experience you can call it an adventure and gather clues and lore
>for...well you'll see ;D
>
>Here's a few screenshots of the place:
>http://pics.swcity.net/sharman_caves1.jpg
>http://pics.swcity.net/sharman_caves2.jpg
>http://pics.swcity.net/sharman_caves3.jpg
>
>And here's a map that you may want to leave open in a browser for
>navigation:
>http://pics.swcity.net/caves.jpg
>
>Coordinates are AW 1688s 4698e 300
>Feedback and suggestions are appreciated =)

Re: Community newsgroup

May 9, 2004, 9:01am
Discordance

Discrepancy

Inconsistency

Jernau

[View Quote] [View Quote]

What if ? .....

Jun 5, 2004, 9:24pm
Some might find this amusing, certainly made me chuckle more than a
few times :)

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=138905&page=1&pp=50

What if ? .....

Jun 6, 2004, 1:21pm
Your welcome... it became so popular that someone actually made an
entire website indexing it for people who didn't want to read through
40 pages of posts :) Here's the link to that...

http://www.teemings.com/extras/lotr/index.html

enjoy ;-)

[View Quote] >Thanks for sharing the link, that's one of the most creative threads I've
>seen on the internet ever. :)

[View Quote]

Come on, this is getting ridiculous.

Jun 12, 2004, 5:52pm
[View Quote] [View Quote]
Slight correction, the UK uses DD MM YYYY Alex :) It's only those
lovely americans :)

GMail!

Sep 1, 2004, 4:43pm
I have a few as well if anyone wants them and ry runs out, email
rich.vl at gmail.com

[View Quote] >I have some invites I'd like to give to ActiveWorld's Citizens!
>Please mail rhye.best at gmail.com - Saying your from ActiveWorlds ;)
>
>I have 9 so ya :)

New Halloween Objects

Oct 11, 2004, 9:18pm
New Halloween Object set from Zola3D for those with a need for
something just a little extra twisted this Halloween :)

http://kotisivu.dnainternet.fi/larissag/

Enjoy the screams.............

(Objects are available in Equinox world for viewing)

Re: Help Tech's of ActiveWorld Please ;)

Nov 7, 2004, 8:43pm
With relation to installing a new graphics card in a machine you have
just bought there is one thing you should always be aware of. It is
common practice these days to purchase a warranty along with a new
machine. Most warranties are invalidated by performing upgrades to the
machine yourself or by having anyone else do it for you who isn't
approved by the warranty supplier :)

[View Quote] >Unless they give her a compensation discount for the salesman practically