tony m // User Search

1  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  26  |

New Cozmo-X Website

Oct 7, 2001, 2:01am
if you want i can ask my brother to make any graphics you need. again, it looks cool.

[View Quote] >well....maybe...but i hate making them and i don't have anyone to make them

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Funny Advertisement

Oct 11, 2001, 10:25pm
Made by BasiX --

http://tonyhttp.s5.com/images/binladen.jpg

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Funny Advertisement

Oct 14, 2001, 1:21am
[View Quote] >nice... it's strenght though (sorry, couldn't resist pointing out a spelling
>error)
>
>KAH

it's my turn to correct you now... "strength". =)

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Hey Roland...no midi!! grin

Oct 14, 2001, 1:22am
you ought to email Roland (roland at activeworlds.com) as he reads only the beta newsgroup.

[View Quote] >Hi Roland....3.2 seems fine but lost midi file playing....Windows ME...using

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Strange World Log

Oct 14, 2001, 1:24am
[View Quote] >I have a question about the world server log. This is what i read this
>morning and i want to knwo what it means:
>
><snip the time and ip>
>CONNECTED
>TUNNEL CONNECT
>CHANNEL OPEN <ip> channel=1
>CHANNEL MESSAGE 1 (28 bytes)
>ENTER <cit number>
>IDENTIFIED <citezin name>
>CHANNEL CLOSE 1
>DISCONNECTED
>CHANNEL OPEN <ip> channel=2
>CHANNEL CLOSE 2
>DISCONNECTED
>CHANNEL OPEN <ip> channel=3
>CHANNEL MESSAGE 3 (28 bytes)
>ENTER <cit num>
>IDENTIFIED <same citezin>
>CHANNEL MESSAGE 3 (7 bytes)
>
>then it did these channels up to channel 5 and the same person was entring
>and disconnecting at the same time then at the end it said
>TIMEOUT
>DISCONNECT
>a few times
>
>I just want to know why it does this becuase i've never seen this in a log
>before in the year i've been hosting.
>
>--
>- Cozmo Of Cozmo-X
>http://cozmo-x.zapto.org
>World: A'Dude

perhaps it's that tunnel server stuff for those behind proxies? the "tunnel" is a dead giveaway... *shrug* it could be something completely
different.

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

test

Dec 11, 2001, 2:25am
is it just me or did the NGs decide to accept my login again
--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

test

Dec 11, 2001, 2:29am
[View Quote] >is it just me or did the NGs decide to accept my login again
>--
>Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
>http://tonyhttp.s5.com

yayyyyyyy. now back to your regular program.

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Test

Dec 30, 2001, 2:59am
beep.

[View Quote] >

A drawing from Basix

Jan 12, 2002, 2:08am
http://www.urbanity.f2s.com/aw/awletter.jpg - 104.95 kb (107471 bytes)
--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

Change Path on Hardisk ?

Feb 24, 2002, 7:17am
don't think you can do it without moving AW itself.

it would be convient, as i would like to do this too due to my limited HD space.

[View Quote] >Hi, i ask me...

--
Tony M (fldmshl2013 at hotmail.com)
http://tonyhttp.s5.com

What are the worlds coming to?

Jun 7, 2002, 3:47am
(see comments below)

On 6 Jun 2002 20:44:12 -0400, "sheridan"
[View Quote] >*ponders*

>What real rights to world owners and caretakers have? The right to protect
>their investment, that is certain. But at the expense of the privacy of
>their visitors?
>
>Although I am not naive enough to think there is privacy on the internet, AW
>and the worlds do give the illusion of privacy. Groups of 2, 3 or more
>gather and discuss topics of all sorts - some private, some silly. However,
>there are those out there that are unaware of all that goes on behind the
>world and it's bots. They don't see the Administrative log that shows who
>someone is whispering to (but not what).

As this portion of the log doesn't expose what is being said, I fail
to see how it's a privacy invasion. All it does is tell you Bob
whispered to Sue.

>They don't see a bot log "open chat".

Open conversation is subject to logging by anyone.

>They are happily unaware that no matter where in a world they are, a
>worldowner or caretaker can see what they say (open chat) and all they are
>building.

Any other unannounced person nearby could also see this conversation,
as well as [invisible + global moded] bots and caretakers.

>The latter is harmless, but I think the former is a sad situation.
>Will AW take away the "see-all" feature in Bots? I think not, It has it's
>uses. But as a paying member, I would expect one right and curtesy - The
>bots should announce that they are present and monitoring the world.

There are bots that have purposes that do not require their physical
presence in a world. I myself prefer my bots remain unannounced even
when physically present.

>A comment on Privacy...
>Real-time chat falls under the same privacy laws and guidlines as email.
>For email a sysop may not read, copy or display the contents unless
>malicious intent is suspected.

There is no direct way to control activity on the Internet. Such laws
may only be active in one country, and not in any other.

>"The federal Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) makes it unlawful
>for anyone to read or disclose the contents of an electronic communication
>(18 USC § 2511). This law applies to e-mail messages."

Note that the said law applies to e-mail messages. Apparently, it
would not apply to a VR chat bot logging explicitly -open-
conversation.

>Privacy In Cyberspace:
>Rules of the Road for the Information Superhighway. Copyright 1995 - 2002.
>Utility Consumers' Action Network / Privacy Rights Clearinghouse.
>June 1995 / Revised Revised August, 2000
>Fact Sheet 18: Privacy In Cyberspace
>http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs18-cyb.htm.
>
>Thoughts and flames welcome....but I probably will not read them. Good
>wishes to all!

browser build 418 released

Jun 19, 2002, 1:18pm
it was beta-only for about 5mins, if not longer, then released to
public.

just thought i'd announce this. pay no attention to me.

*goes back to lurking*

Broken suggestion box

Jun 23, 2002, 12:10pm
Anyone else notice it?

Broken suggestion box

Jun 23, 2002, 12:51pm
Mind you, it doesn't work.

http://www.activeworlds.com/community/suggest.asp

On 23 Jun 2002 10:43:47 -0400, "johnny b" <uniquect at optonline.net>
[View Quote] >Suggestion box WHERE ???

Broken suggestion box

Jun 23, 2002, 2:00pm
Emailed them Friday. They should get it [fixed] by Monday hopefully :)

On 23 Jun 2002 11:42:31 -0400, "johnny b" <uniquect at optonline.net>
[View Quote] >HAHAHA :OD kinda "ironic" dontcha think ?

>You try emailing them ? they might not even know....
>
>JB

Broken suggestion box

Jun 24, 2002, 9:32pm
Got the reply from support. Very interesting.

From: "Kellie Williams" <kellie at activeworlds.com>
To: "Fldmshl2013" <fldmshl2013 at austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Suggestion Box on Website...
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:45:05 -0500

Dear Tony,

The suggestion box was temporarily disabled. I'm sorry for the
inconvenience.
Warm Regards,
Kellie Williams/Mountain Myst
Community Services
Activeworlds Corp.
www.activeworlds.com

Please include previous email dialog in all replies.

Broken suggestion box

Jun 24, 2002, 11:01pm
The fact there is no notice on AW's site that the suggestion box is
deliberately taken down is what's interesting.

On 24 Jun 2002 20:48:26 -0400, "bowen"
[View Quote] >I'm not following why it's interesting here. Everything looks fine to me.
>Not all of the AW employees work at the Office in Mass. In fact, Roland
>lived in California didn't he?
>
>--Bowen--

AW addiction

Jun 29, 2002, 12:26pm
*slaps NCC around a bit with a large trout.rwx*

On 29 Jun 2002 10:21:49 -0400, "ncc 72897"
[View Quote] >rotflmfao!!!!
>*orders a pizza.rwx*

AW addiction

Jun 29, 2002, 6:02pm
shhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

On 29 Jun 2002 12:29:17 -0400, "ncc 72897"
[View Quote] >lmfao....a IRC addict!

Changing World Attributes Bug

Jul 4, 2002, 3:13pm
This is especially evident in AWTeen (which is running Nox, thus
updating world attributes regularly, as of this post)

On 4 Jul 2002 08:16:10 -0400, "chiram seawing"
[View Quote] >Hi um... I don't know if anyone ever noticed this before (you probably did)
>but whenever someone changes the world attributes, right before the changes
>take effect, the whole place where the gestures are blinks. This is REALLY
>annoying for people who are making a bot that changes attributes in a world
>really often (such as a bot that changes time)
>
>Thanks

Racists in AW ?

Jul 9, 2002, 5:52am
[View Quote] The amount of data you can enter into the World Rights dialog is
limited.
- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

Strange waste of storage

Jul 11, 2002, 9:45pm
If you want to compact executable files, I recommend "The Ultimate
Packer for eXecutables" at http://upx.sourceforge.net (real example: I
managed to squeeze that silly 2MB xelagot to a whopping 703KB).

You should note EXE compacters don't work on any of AW's stuff because
they are protected.

On 10 Jul 2002 17:29:17 -0400, "strike rapier"
[View Quote] >I was just poking around with a compression format that im doing that
>reduces any repeated strings in binary strings to tags. I just removed about
>200kb from a MP3 with no loss of quallity or data, no jumps or skips or any
>differnt whatsoever. Strange little Mp3s... anyone know why if you remove
>the repear chr(0) strings from EXEs it screwes em up beyond repear (Without
>the unpacker) but mp3s are fine?
>
>- Mark

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

Strange waste of storage

Jul 12, 2002, 11:14pm
i hope he does :) xelagots run just fine compacted, so why waste the
2MB of space when it can be only ~700KB. not to mention it'd decrease
the download size

On 12 Jul 2002 20:27:12 -0400, "strike rapier"
[View Quote] >I hope XeLaG didnt hear that :)

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

3.3-Gestures

Jul 22, 2002, 10:21pm
they already have released the patch for v3.3.

[View Quote] >AWC have a new seqs machine in the 3.3 browser and there have been some
>problems with the update as i've heard. Also i heard they are working on the
>problem and they promised an upgrade to fix the problem. When the fix will
>be out i don't know but all we can do is wait and hope they will fix it as
>soon as they can. Alot of users have reported this as far as i know so
>something have to be done about it pretty fast. Thats what i've heard! But
>for all i know AWC might have fixed it already and this problem you talking
>about could be something else..

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

MS V-Chat

Jul 22, 2002, 12:30am
V-Chat is ancient. It's nothing like AW; I'd scrap it if you can't
evne connect now.

On 21 Jul 2002 17:41:22 -0400, "pc hamster" <pchamster at email.msn.com>
[View Quote] >Hi everyone:

>I just downloaded a neat little program (at least I *hope* I did) called
>V-chat from Microsoft. I'm wondering if it's worth keeping or not....
>
>So far I can't even connect to the main server, which is
>vchatsrv.microsoft.com
>
>Anyone know of any other servers in the MS V-Chat universe???
>
>Cheers for now everyone :-)
>
>Patrick

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

new password theif?

Jul 24, 2002, 5:09pm
hence why i block all outside contact unless i explicitly allow it :)

[View Quote] >Telegram from OPAW, sent just now:
>me puedes dar tu contraseña por fabor
>
>Spanish speaking password theifs are on a rampage, lookout for them.
>Contraseña means password, he's basically saying "can you give me your
>password please." (he mispelt please with fabor) He seems to have multiple
>cits (spider man) being the one I've noticed.
>
>--Bowen--

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

Internet

Jul 25, 2002, 4:46am
"Corrupt install detected"

[View Quote] >good one :)

>They even have binaries stored there :
>
>http://web.archive.org/web/19981206090404/aw.mpl.net/downloads/awb.exe

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

Internet

Jul 25, 2002, 4:56am
Using IE 5.0, Opera 6.04, and NS 4.x seems to make no difference. all of them give me an awb.exe that says "Corrupt Install Detected"

[View Quote] >"Corrupt install detected"

[View Quote]

TOODLY DOOPS!

Jul 26, 2002, 5:59pm
If you even have a brain to eat... either way, take Eep's advice.

[View Quote] >I'm gonna eat my brain brain brain!

- TonyM.
"The only time Microsoft will ever make something that doesn't suck is when Microsoft makes a vacuum cleaner."

Those

Jul 27, 2002, 4:26am
*hangs goober a phaser.rwx*

[View Quote] >I guess I'll be the first to stick my neck out and engage the newbie...

>I just have one question for you: What the hell are you talking about?!

1  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  26  |