tony m // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  26  |

[VB SDK] EventTelegram

Aug 3, 2002, 3:14pm
[View Quote] >then lets all t-gram Grimm and ask why the hell he has an event and all the
>other commands to make it send a message.

what do aw_init() and aw_term() do?

Aug 8, 2002, 12:22pm
[View Quote] >Hi,

>I am running bots as a Win32 service, and I wonder what I need to do to
>restart a bot.
> 1. Can you call aw_init(), then aw_term(), the aw_init() again?

Yes.

> 2. Is it impossible for the initializations done in aw_init() to run amuck
>so that a service could reliably reload itself just by killing the bot with
>aw_destroy() and creating it again?

What do you mean by "run amuck"?

>Right now, I run the bot as a child process of the service so that I can
>cleanly unload and load it again. It is safest, but running the whole
>service as one process would be cleaner and more configurable.
>
>Also, aw_init() accepts an argument which is the current build of the SDK.
>It does not return an error if you pass the wrong build number. This

It does return an error if the build number you passed and the number in AW.DLL don't match (error 454: RC_VERSION_MISMATCH)

>implies that you can link against build 22 and later, maybe, run against
>build 27 of aw.dll. That means the SDK internally keeps lists of the
>various AW_ATTRIBUTES and other enums from old builds so it can translate to
>the current SDK? Or does it fail silently?
>
>Thank You,
>Drew

Can anyone here decompile EXEs (vb) to their original source? I need help...

Oct 6, 2002, 4:41pm
Nothing can be truly decompiled back to its exact original source; probably all you can get is assembly code.

[View Quote] >Can anyone here decompile EXEs (vb) to their original source? I need help. I
>made a maths game a while ago and now I dont have code.

Determining Caretaker Rights

Nov 14, 2002, 10:18pm
[View Quote] >
>(does tell if you have CT or it used to)

It does only for the cit# it is logged into.

Note to programmers creating bots that use chat relay

Nov 20, 2002, 9:54pm
[View Quote] >Could those of you who have not already realised please note that you must perform a strings.replace function that removes chr(13) from all chat messages otherwise users can "fake" other chat signals and considering there is no way to tell the differnce this can cause chaos (as I prooved in Mutation when E N Z O, Mountain Myst, Flagg, Cyronics, Myself, 3 of my bots, and a tourist all apeared after I used a simple VB proggy to replace all the vbCrlf character sets with chr(13)....)

Thanks for the heads up.

Caretaker list?

Nov 21, 2002, 1:08am
[View Quote] >Is there any way to identify who has main caretaker rights in a world without a world admin session? I know Xelagot can do it, but im at a loss of how to get it.

Xelagot can only identify the login owner.

AW_AVATAR_CITIZEN

Nov 30, 2002, 4:59am
According to the help file, this attribute (in AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD) is supposed to be filled with the citizen number, even if it's a bot. In reality, it actually is 0, not the login owner's citnum as it's supposed to be. Not sure if it's fixed in the new SDK, but this is how it is in build 24.

--
Tony M.

AW_AVATAR_CITIZEN

Nov 30, 2002, 8:33am
[View Quote] >
[View Quote] avatar_add: Tony M[314753] at 0.5S 1.059W 0.66a
avatar_add: [Ravenwing][0] at 0N 0W 2.5a

my cit# is 314753, but Ravenwing's is 0, when it is really supposed to be 298819. The documentation says that AW_AVATAR_CITIZEN is only 0 for tourist, yet it is returning 0 for bots.

Bingo Bot

May 20, 2003, 11:28pm
You need to learn to give a damn; that's the only way you will get anywhere releasing freeware.

[View Quote] >I don't give a damn, I needn't have released this at ALL... ok!?

Elevdump Format

Jun 1, 2003, 7:45pm
Mauz.info has the propdump format published; does anybody have anything similar for the elevdump format?

sdk issues / GLOBAL MODE

Jun 11, 2003, 7:20pm
One oddity that Xelagots make more of a note of is that sometimes a global bot will receive an AW_EVENT_AVATAR_CHANGE/DELETE without an AW_EVENT_AVATAR_ADD event.

[View Quote] >Maybe it is a good idea to collect all the oddities of the current sdk, (especially in global mode) - so the developers will have it easier to look up the bugs. :-)

>With no doubt, the sdk is an integral part of the AW environment and deserves a high level of attention as well.

Unofficial AwSdkOcx6.ocx ixed UniverseTime

Jul 20, 2003, 5:23pm
Or at least pace the releases so they're not coming out once every day. I usually release once per week :)

[View Quote]

Unofficial AwSdkOcx6.ocx ixed UniverseTime

Jul 20, 2003, 8:35pm
Set up some kind of mailing list; post your announcements there, and then have those people join mailing list :)

[View Quote]

Avatar location

Jul 31, 2003, 6:41pm
C/C++: aw_whisper(12345, "one\ntwo\nthree");

Whether or not it allows that hasn't been tested [by me] yet.

[View Quote]

Chat range is 204.8m???

Aug 13, 2003, 4:03am
I noticed something odd while working on the ChatRelayBot's distance-relay mode -- it seems that the chat range is not absolutely 200m, but now is around 204.8m.

OutOfRange(Tony M, [evilbot])
OutOfRange: XZDist = 20476.8268293698
OutOfRange: YDist = 2378
OutOfRange: return true

And yet, the browser still shows [evilbot] and I now receive double messages -- evilbot's real chat, and the CRB console msg.

With precise movement on, I take one tinystep back to 204.86m; I'm now considered out of evilbot's range by the browser/worldserver.

OutOfRange(Tony M, [evilbot])
OutOfRange: XZDist = 20486.5896869147
OutOfRange: YDist = 2378
OutOfRange: return true

Did I make a mistake assuming it was flat 200m? Could anybody with a pre-3.4 worldserver try to test this?

This cannot be due to having Public Speaker rights; I removed everybody from PS during those two tests. Results were the same even while wearing PS.

Build 20 of the SDK now available

Apr 4, 2001, 10:40pm
Yesterday, 4/3/01, the world "Hell" had a question mark on it. Today, it
didn't. Did the world upgrade, or is it a abnormality of the new
mechanism? :)
[View Quote]

Slot Bot (hehe, I like the name)

Apr 8, 2001, 10:17pm
Look at this! A simple "Im making a slots bot" turned into a
mini-battle. Is "bots" doomed to face the same fate as "community",
becoming a virtual battleground and filled with little (mini)battles?

--
- Tony M (a.k.a Tony56) [tony at vrunited.itgo.com]
"Through Cyberspace, we are Virtually United"

new X1 script i made ( this has the atached file lol)

Apr 9, 2001, 7:10pm
*snips crossposts*
ocean boy, don't crosspost to NGs that have nothing to do with what
you're saying hehe :) this would be just bots, not Community or WishList

--
- Tony M (a.k.a Tony56) [tony at vrunited.itgo.com]
"Through Cyberspace, we are Virtually United"
"Points to Ponder: If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the
opposite of Progress?"

Banking System Almost Complete!

Apr 10, 2001, 10:58pm
yeah it's very interesting.. hrmmmmm

[View Quote] > are you sure your not lanezeri? you have a similar attitude as him.. make bots (like him) and seemed to show up after his exit..
> hmm...
>
> --
> - JBell
>
> ____________________
> | |
> | AWJBell Services |
> | http://www.awjbell.com |
> | news://awjbell.com |
> | platinum.awjbell.com |
> |____________________|
- Tony M (a.k.a Tony56) [tony at vrunited.itgo.com]
"Through Cyberspace, we are Virtually United"
"Points to Ponder: If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress
the opposite of Progress?"

Possible bug with DeeJay part of Xelagot

Apr 11, 2001, 1:11am
Hi,

When using the DeeJay part of the Xelagot, I noticed it never properly
deletes the speaker objects. This bug could go three possible ways:

1) the browser is not refreshing the scene correctly
2) the SDK is not (fill in the blank) correctly
3) the xelagot itself is not (fill in the blank) correctly

--
- Tony M (a.k.a Tony56) [tony at vrunited.itgo.com]
"Through Cyberspace, we are Virtually United"
"Points to Ponder: If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress
the opposite of Progress?"

Possible bug with DeeJay part of Xelagot

Apr 11, 2001, 9:13pm
xelag wrote

> *snip*
>

>X1 does not use object change, it used object
> delete (which can fail) and object add.

why doesn't it just use Object Change? it does the same thing :)

3.5 SDK

Jan 29, 2004, 9:44pm
They've never posted updates to this group for a long time...

[View Quote]

sdk_event registry

Feb 9, 2004, 10:32pm
Brant,

You brought up a very good point, and XelaG has also made his point on this ID number being world-dependent. Since it doesn't seem like AWI will be changing this any time soon, the system you described is probably the best way to go about this. Until then, I do not have any plans to support the SDK_EVENT system within any of my bots (since I myself abhor version 3.5). However, I do recall that UberMonkey may be planning to use SDK_EVENT in Proxima; a standard system like the one you proposed would be helpful for everyone.

[View Quote]

problem is aw_address

Mar 3, 2004, 9:17pm
[View Quote] You have to use the aw_address() callback. I ran into this same problem with the ChatRelayBot :)

Newbie Bot Programming - can't "see" bot; get 439

Mar 29, 2004, 3:17am
If you're calling aw_state_change(), and your bot appears within the range of the [Customs Aide] robot, it will be auto-ejected. You have to keep your bots at least 300m away from 0N 0E.

[View Quote]

suggestion: AW_UNIVERSE_BOTGRAMS_ENABLED

Apr 13, 2004, 9:05pm
Botgrams were never disabled; a simple bug in the universe server caused them to not function. They should work in the main AW Universe.

[View Quote]

suggestion: AW_UNIVERSE_BOTGRAMS_ENABLED

Apr 13, 2004, 9:10pm
I'm simply saying since the uniserver bug inadvertenly "disabled" botgrams, there's probably no actual option to disable them; so the addition of this attribute would be pointless.

[View Quote] > What has this to do with my posting?

> On 13 Apr 2004 18:05:11 -0500, "tony m"
[View Quote]

suggestion: AW_UNIVERSE_BOTGRAMS_ENABLED

Apr 14, 2004, 1:01am
I wholeheartedly agree with you. AWI's inability to communicate properly with its own customers is horrifying, and has unfortunately been rampant for some time. I have a feeling it will only continue to worsen, until AW just crashes entirely. Someone either within AWI or otherwise needs to start convincing them that proper communication with their customers will benefit them hugely, far more than the price-raising silliness brought on a year or so ago.

[View Quote]

Ghosts

Apr 30, 2004, 12:28am
I'm not sure if you thought of it before, but bots are the only other entity which can be represented by your citizen number concurrently while you're logged in. So your second case does not consider any existing bots the citizen may be running in that world.

Just a thought -- maybe you do know about it, but chose to leave it out of your report.

[View Quote] > This is the newest xelagot topic: Ghosts
> http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgtopicghosts.html
> It applies to all bots and browsers, so I make it generally available.
>
> For particulars about xelagot, see What's New
> http://www.imatowns.com/xelagot/xlgwhatsnew.html

Finding CT's

Jul 18, 2004, 3:28am
No, bots can't detect if someone is a caretaker.

[View Quote]

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  26  |