dion // User Search

1  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  28  |

A concern

Mar 7, 2002, 1:31pm
And that's how the world goes round ;-)

[View Quote]

Mirror....

Mar 8, 2002, 9:38pm
Yeh, it only simulates reflection, it doesn't truly create it.

Reflection is a fairly new thing to 3dfx cards and it's not very easy to
create without lag. I don't think this will ever be made. Mostly because
those polygons that are rendered all have to be rendered again in the
mirror. the angle the mirror is facing and everything around it facing is
all a factor. It's probably too much lag for anything like that to come into
AW anytime in the near future.

[View Quote]

Mirror....

Mar 8, 2002, 10:03pm
Yeh, I can see it like 5yrs from now when the average computer is a lot
faster and graphics a lot sharper than they are now. Infact, the average
computer doesn't have a 3dfx video card now. Too many people using software
rendering *shakes head in disbelief*
[View Quote]

Mirror....

Mar 8, 2002, 10:40pm
yeh eh.. 3d cards, LOL :-P
I got a bad habbit!
[View Quote]

astart/astop/adone

Mar 7, 2002, 10:04pm
missing an ocx?
[View Quote]

astart/astop/adone

Mar 8, 2002, 7:14pm
richtx32.ocx

But I'm running windows XP so maybe that's a problem in itself? :-P

[View Quote]

astart/astop/adone

Mar 8, 2002, 9:57pm
Wtf? I installed every XP thing from windows update. There's nothing else to
update it with! LOL :-P stupidass computer

[View Quote]

More Customizable World Servers

Mar 8, 2002, 3:30pm
The world servers should be open source (with very good security on AW's
universe server side so noone can modify the code for a hacked world) so
that it would allow special additions by the member of AW such as plugins
and modifications and all. I think that would be real neat :)

A Scale Command?

Mar 21, 2002, 9:40am
What about registry, though? Could this not be used in public building
worlds?

[View Quote]

A Scale Command?

Mar 21, 2002, 10:16am
well, I meant in terms of encroachment.

[View Quote]

We are moving our servers!!

Mar 20, 2002, 4:23pm
:-(

[View Quote]

We are moving our servers!!

Mar 20, 2002, 5:56pm
It's already moved and I didn't notice it down? 0_o That's not normal, LOL
:-D

[View Quote]

We are moving our servers!!

Mar 20, 2002, 6:37pm
Does AW host many user-owned worlds?

[View Quote]

We are moving our servers!!

Mar 20, 2002, 6:56pm
Yeh, I don't see why they would go down. Only reason other worlds are going
down is because hosting has to stop while transferring to the new server.

[View Quote]

Create Dark?

Mar 21, 2002, 9:41am
i think you can do create light color=black... I dunno, LOL, probably not.

Anyway, cool idea.
[View Quote]

Create Dark?

Mar 24, 2002, 7:06pm
*finds gold*
WAHOO!! YIIPEE!! Oh wait... I was looking for coal *buries the gold again*
Shucks! maybe next time...

[View Quote]

Create Dark?

Mar 24, 2002, 9:43pm
how dumb, why would renderware stop supporting it?

[View Quote]

Categorization!

Mar 30, 2002, 6:03pm
I want it to allow me to put folders inside my contacts and teleports tabs!
They are getting mighty full and it'd be so much better if I could organize
it rather than putting stupid letters in front of the names so that i can
form them in groups by alphabetical order! And I can't even do that with
contacts obviously. It's annoying!!!

My wish..

May 9, 2002, 6:56pm
then dont piss off AWCom ;-)

[View Quote]

My wish..

May 10, 2002, 10:06am
If a kid lies about his age, that's his decision. ActiveWorlds should not
have to add anything extra to prevent children from viewing these worlds.

[View Quote]

Idiot Report

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C20188.65E4AAE0

pfft, that was a waste of your time :-P

[View Quote] Can't remember who it is (old age and all) but there's even one person =
who habitually writes 'Hello everyone' (or something to that effect) and =
then continues below a full page of quote... NEXT... I have too many =
other messages/NGs to wade thru' without having to fight thru' =
individual messages trying to find the current text...=20

Another post that gets bumped before my 'blood shot eyes' figure out =
what's being said is posts that split the text between lines of the =
quote... Not going to even bother trying to find what they said... =
NEXT...=20

Maybe it's just Netscape NG Reader that defaults to 'text on top'... =
Not sure as I'v used Netscape since day one so haven't had occasion to =
go into config for years to look... BUT I prefer to think of it as =
common sense... when I click 'next' I want to read... er... what was =
said NEXT... not have to search for, scroll down, jump thru' hoops to =
find it...=20

So... tho's who insist on placing what they say below pages (at times) =
of quotes just don't get read... (by me - and I know I'm not alone...)=20

My 2 cents (cdn)...=20

[View Quote] Yadda yadda yadda...=20
They also teach you NOT to TOP-POST :) But hey, this is an AW=20
Newsgroup, everyone does it, even I.=20
=20

--=20
Tyrell - Alpha Prime - 21.8s 457e 90 - "Mundus vult decipi"=20
"Eat well, stay fit, die anyway."=20
http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/ty1/index.html=20
ICQ UN - 272905=20
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C20188.65E4AAE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>pfft, that was a waste of your time=20
:-P</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"tyrell" &lt;<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca">tyrell1 at sk.sympatico.ca</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3CEB2671.59AA7095 at sk.sympatico.ca">news:3CEB2671.59AA7095 at sk=
..sympatico.ca</A>...</DIV>Say=20
what???... I know more people who 'top-post' then not... I have a 19" =
screen=20
which usually allows me to read (at least the start) of what someone =
is saying=20
(if it's placed below a quote)... I 'may' then scroll to read the rest =
if I=20
believe it's of worth... BUT I never 'ever' scroll down to read =
something that=20
sits below the screen bottom, below a full screen of 'quotes'.=20
<P>I'v already read the quotes... sometimes ad nauseum... If a post =
sits below=20
'yet another quote' I just click next...=20
<P>Can't remember who it is (old age and all) but there's even one =
person who=20
habitually writes 'Hello everyone' (or something to that effect) and =
then=20
continues below a full page of quote... NEXT... I have too many other=20
messages/NGs to wade thru' without having to fight thru' individual =
messages=20
trying to find the current text...=20
<P>Another post that gets bumped before my 'blood shot eyes' figure =
out what's=20
being said is posts that split the text between lines of the quote... =
Not=20
going to even bother trying to find what they said... NEXT...=20
<P>Maybe it's just Netscape NG Reader that defaults to 'text on =
top'... Not=20
sure as I'v used Netscape since day one so haven't had occasion to go =
into=20
config for years to look... BUT I prefer to think of it as common =
sense...=20
when I click 'next' I want to read... er... what was said NEXT... not =
have to=20
search for, scroll down, jump thru' hoops to find it...=20
<P>So... tho's who insist on placing what they say below pages (at =
times) of=20
quotes just don't get read... (by me - and I know I'm not alone...)=20
<P>My 2 cents (cdn)...=20
[View Quote] ------=_NextPart_000_0037_01C20188.65E4AAE0--

I need to turn! :P

Jun 1, 2002, 3:02pm
yeh, it's pretty annoying

[View Quote]

seqs on objects

Jun 27, 2002, 3:47pm
you should be able to use seqs on objects just like you use a seq on an
avatar. Like you could put "activate seq walk1" on an avatar object and he'd
do the walk seq. That would be really cool to control the movement of an
object. :-)

Disable Glitter Kitty and Ambivalent for the NG

Jun 28, 2002, 3:20am
you can block their posts in most newsgroup readers.
Also, you can just simply ignore them.
And uh.. this doesn't really belong in wishlist, you know that this isn't
for this sort of crap. Keep it to community or general discussion.

[View Quote]

Info

Jun 29, 2002, 5:59pm
I think he means like what AIM has. A profile area that you can fill with
any info ya want. :-)

[View Quote]

2 more cool ideas, lol

Jun 29, 2002, 3:08am
well, i honestly think there should be away messages and a buncha different
types of privacy/away. like you could have DND, Away, AFK (means you'll be
back within 10minutes), and privacy (makes it so everyone sees you as
offline). With a bunch more additions to the contact list and such based on
things like AIM, ICQ, and MSN Messenger

[View Quote]

GZ Teleport

Jul 1, 2002, 1:30am
better yet, how about a 'ctrl+T' shortcut? :-P

[View Quote]

just a thought...

Jul 3, 2002, 4:42pm
there's quite a difference. Telegrams are most oftenly used for direct chat
rather than just to leave a message.

[View Quote]

Woah nice new feature.

Jul 2, 2002, 9:02pm
personally, I like it. I just want to be able to adjust opacity and color.
Perhaps that could be a world option. The user could decide rather he wants
it or not and the world CT can adjust the baloon opacity and color (maybe
texture, too?) for those who do allow it. It'd just be something neat that
you could distinguish worlds by. :-D

[View Quote]

Woah nice new feature.

Jul 3, 2002, 4:41pm
that's why there would be a setting to disable them completely so that it is
the way it is now.

[View Quote]

1  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  28  |