andras // User Search

1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  35  |

AdminBot 1.12 released

May 24, 2003, 7:51am
Bug fixes: Upgraded to SDK build 31 to accomodate 3.4 world servers.
New features: One can change the caretaker list and the registry and can start/stop the world from the GUI. To change any values you have to check the "Enable Change" checkbox first.

Enjoy
--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Adminbot 1.21

Jun 3, 2003, 5:29am
- V 1.2.1.14
- Added zip feature to conserve storage space
- Added progress indicator

http://www.andras.net/tools.html#adminbot

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Visual Basic 6 SDK?

Jun 25, 2003, 6:23pm
[View Quote] May I propose to you that just leave the puter behind you and don't come back at least for a week?
You'll be amazed how much interesting things are on the street! Maybe you'll find some live person too :)
<Not to mention the relief all of us will have>

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

No click events (new world server)

Jul 12, 2003, 1:18am
[View Quote] > 1) I have set up a seperate world server only for one world and loaded
> the non-working world fresh from dumps I just made: It still did not
> work
>
> 2) Then I used an especially brutal attempt by using the complete
> attributes set from another (working) world and implanted it into this
> world - and ...
>
> Now it worked! Every single object click event is raised , which turns
> my attention now to the world attributes, since it seems that there must
> be some setting in there which prevents the object click event from
> being raised properly. To countercheck on this first,
>
> 3) I removed the "wrong" attributes set and re-loaded the original one
> from the dump (same as in in the first try) and now it kept working,
> which means the attributes are not responsible.
>
> 4) Fourth try then - I used again the original world server and deleted
> the world from the server, then reloaded: not working, then, as in #3,
> loaded attributes from another world - now sometimes not working, also
> very slow, then reloaded original attributes and it did not work
> anymore.
> The world server load at this time was, BTW, 2 idling citizens, 6 idling
> bots and 14 worlds with a combined 90,000 objects and P-80 size. Out of
> that, this non-responsive world has ca. 4,000 objects in a P30 size.
>
> 5) Finally I ran again the seperate world server: works
>
> =========================
>
> Conclusion:
>
> There is an issue with the world server, namely with the object
> lookup/storage, which causes the world server even by a low load (the
> above numbers I do not consider to be a "load") to become temporarily
> unresponsive to object click events.
>
> It might, as well, be a problem with the world ID number (in this case:
> 74), maybe high IDs in a world server are less responsive than lower
> ones
>
> A few weeks back, I asked about experiences or limitations with world
> server loads, since I suspected by then already that there are
> load/response issues, though I did not get any response. It might be a
> good idea, when there are no recommendations, to keep the numbers of
> worlds in a world server (this goes to the Linux version, with which I
> tested it) low, probably around 10 running worlds altogether (unless the
> number of stopped worlds also plays a role in this).
>
> --------
>
> Possible workarounds:
>
> - Using seperate world servers (can be on the same physical machine
> even) to reduce the load (probably coming either from the sheer world
> number/ID or from object numbers around 100,000).
>
> - Using object clicks only in a safe zone of ca. 12 cells around GZ

<snip>

To throw my 2 cents into this thread:
My Easter EggHunt (and the Christmas one) uses the HuntBot which relies on the object click event heavily. In the past I tried to use my standard world server on the Linux machine but it crashed in no time, so I had to switch to the Windows version. (I don't recall the version number but it was more than a year ago).
Now every time I hold a hunt, I just copy over the prop to a windows server and I use the build 43 for the event.
The hunt involves around 80,000+ clickable objects now and with 80 ppl clicking all over the place I guess it is a pretty heavy load. The Linux version just couldn't keep up with the demand.
I did not complain because I found a workaround (and I was prepared to switch over!) but I think this bug should be targeted sooner or later.

HTH
--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

hellppp! n00b! :)

Jul 14, 2003, 12:40am
[View Quote] > Sorry about the crossposting, but really need help, not sure where to put it
> :) so put it in both bots and sdk! :)
>
> hey, im having this problem with c++, problem is hard to explain, but it
<snip>

try the following syntax:
std::cin.get(PPW,25) >> PPW;

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Documentation: aw_instance / aw_instance_set

Aug 10, 2003, 10:05pm
[View Quote] [View Quote] It is almost OK except the logout() function. You don't destroy - there are still instances active :)

In a nutshell:
aw_instance is the database/memory area where a single bot's communication held. If you use a single bot, there is no need to care about it.
In the case of multiple bots, the only way to handle them within the same application is to distinguish their database. The moment you receive an event, it assigns the proper instance and you can find which bot got it.
If you want to set one bot's parameters, you have to pick the corresponding instance. It is like an implicit pointer to your current bot.

HTH
--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

object changing help

Sep 12, 2003, 5:14am
[View Quote] You need to provide the address of the object too:

Excerpt from the SDK help:

"
The object to be changed is uniquely identified by the attributes AW_OBJECT_OLD_NUMBER, AW_OBJECT_OLD_X, and AW_OBJECT_OLD_Z. These values are typically taken from the attributes AW_OBJECT_NUMBER, AW_OBJECT_X, and AW_OBJECT_Z within the context of either the AW_EVENT_CELL_OBJECT or AW_EVENT_OBJECT_ADD event.

XAMPLE

int rc;

aw_int_set (AW_OBJECT_OLD_NUMBER, 1278643762);
aw_int_set (AW_OBJECT_OLD_X, 0);
aw_int_set (AW_OBJECT_OLD_Z, 0);
aw_int_set (AW_OBJECT_X, -200);
aw_int_set (AW_OBJECT_Y, 0);
aw_int_set (AW_OBJECT_Z, 0);
aw_int_set (AW_OBJECT_YAW, 0);
aw_int_set (AW_OBJECT_TILT, 0);
aw_int_set (AW_OBJECT_ROLL, 0);
aw_int_set (AW_OBJECT_OWNER, my_number);
aw_string_set (AW_OBJECT_MODEL, "street1.rwx");
aw_string_set (AW_OBJECT_DESCRIPTION, "Cornerstone");
aw_string_set (AW_OBJECT_ACTION, "create sound xyz.mid");
if (rc = aw_object_change ())
printf ("Unable to change object (reason %d)\n", rc);
else
puts ("Object changed");

"

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Object Change Help

Oct 4, 2003, 10:52pm
[View Quote] > ok good news, i go the bot to change an object, however i need to be able to
> do it again, so i need to know how to to auto replace the object number

After the successful aw_object_change you can interrogate the AW_OBJECT_NUMBER value which contains the new object number.
Sorry - I can't give you example in VB but in C it looks like:
rc=aw_object_change();
if (!rc) // success
{
yourobjectnumberholdervariable=aw_int(AW_OBJECT_NUMBER);
}

HTH
--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

AW_EVENT_WORLD_INFO and hidden worlds

Oct 21, 2003, 1:54pm
[View Quote] > The AW_EVENT_WORLD_INFO event in the current release
> build of the SDK seems to report when hidden worlds are stopped,
> thus providing a mechanism for anyone who can log a bot into a given
> universe to discover the names of any hidden worlds they may have.
>
> This will happen even if the bot is not logged in under the PPW of
> the hidden worlds owner, and even if the bot is just logged into the
> universe and not into any world at all.
>
> So the hidden worlds aren't really hidden that well.
>
> Of course I wish this were fixed.

This is not a bug, but intentional. You can teleport to any hidden world if you know it's name.

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

AW_EVENT_OBJECT_BUMP

Nov 2, 2003, 6:20pm
[View Quote] > We really need an "AW_EVENT_OBJECT_BUMP" added to the SDK.

Imagine the amount of traffic it would generate :(((

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

AW_EVENT_OBJECT_BUMP

> As much as click events on someone who likes to click everything. :)

Not really - walking on a walk029h.rwx would generate at least 10-15 "bump" events.

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Adminbot V1.2.2 bugfix

Nov 3, 2003, 3:52pm
For all who are using my Adminbot to backup their world, please update to the latest version. I discovered a serious bug in the SDK (aw_terrain_query is buggy) where it did not report all the elevation grids back to the bot. The workaround solves the problem (it is using the aw_terrain_next() call if anyone is interested:).

http://www.andras.net/tools.html#adminbot
--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

old Global Mode bug

> We are talking about AWI here. Did you see who they picked for beta
> testers a couple of times..?

Yeah - I see your name in the beta group posting :)

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

For Brant : Seeding Anywhere

> What is Ing ?
>

> "strike rapier" <strike at Rapiercom.freeserve.co.uk> a écrit dans le message
> de news:3fd36984 at server1.Activeworlds.com...

That sould be lng (long) :) where lngX is the WE coordinate, while lngZ is the NS coordinate

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

WARNING TO EVERYONE, READ!! (CROSSPOSTED)

Dec 13, 2003, 8:31pm
[View Quote] > There is currently a trojan going around, a supposed "Terrain bot" that is
> from terbot.0catch.com. I was infected with it and the little #$%^& used my
> acct and ftp server to distrobute another version of it called VWTViewer. If
> you see eather one DO NOT DOWNLOAD THEM. VWTViewer i have deleted and have
> changed all of my passwords, but DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES download
> these. They are a real #$%^& to remove.
>
> -Ep0ch

Never EVER run a program which is not from a trusted source! If there is a new program out, it is either from someone you trust, or wait till you see reports about it.
The terbot.0catch.com site was mentioned only in my ng (best of my knowledge) where you'd see an immediate response from several ppl that it is a backdoor trojan.
The webpage explicitly explains it is not the original program from the author (which indeed was a nice bot!) but an upload by a script kiddie.

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)
FU set to community

Keywords of a world?

Jan 16, 2004, 4:02pm
[View Quote] > Using aw_world_list, is there a thing that contains the keywords?

> ~John

World attributes event will provide: AW_WORLD_KEYWORDS

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

VB Tricks

Feb 15, 2004, 2:51pm
[View Quote] > Yes I found that quite a while ago, it got an award on Planet Source Code as
> well if I remember correctly.
>
> Its a very good article, with bots and such I think the main one for people
> to pick up will be strings, for comparing chat...
>
> Infact... i think this is faster still...
> If Not StrComp(strTest1$, strTest2$, vbTextCompare) Then
>
> kinda like !strcmp(*, *) in C++

The following assembly codes are 3-6 times faster than the system calls (if you do only ASCII string comparison. It doesn't work for the special locale values):

unsigned char LowerCaseTable[256]={
0x00, 0x01, 0x02, 0x03, 0x04, 0x05, 0x06, 0x07, 0x08, 0x09, 0x0a, 0x0b, 0x0c, 0x0d, 0x0e, 0x0f,
0x10, 0x11, 0x12, 0x13, 0x14, 0x15, 0x16, 0x17, 0x18, 0x19, 0x1a, 0x1b, 0x1c, 0x1d, 0x1e, 0x1f,
0x20, 0x21, 0x22, 0x23, 0x24, 0x25, 0x26, 0x27, 0x28, 0x29, 0x2a, 0x2b, 0x2c, 0x2d, 0x2e, 0x2f,
0x30, 0x31, 0x32, 0x33, 0x34, 0x35, 0x36, 0x37, 0x38, 0x39, 0x3a, 0x3b, 0x3c, 0x3d, 0x3e, 0x3f,
0x40, 0x61, 0x62, 0x63, 0x64, 0x65, 0x66, 0x67, 0x68, 0x69, 0x6a, 0x6b, 0x6c, 0x6d, 0x6e, 0x6f,
0x70, 0x71, 0x72, 0x73, 0x74, 0x75, 0x76, 0x77, 0x78, 0x79, 0x7a, 0x5b, 0x5c, 0x5d, 0x5e, 0x5f,
0x60, 0x61, 0x62, 0x63, 0x64, 0x65, 0x66, 0x67, 0x68, 0x69, 0x6a, 0x6b, 0x6c, 0x6d, 0x6e, 0x6f,
0x70, 0x71, 0x72, 0x73, 0x74, 0x75, 0x76, 0x77, 0x78, 0x79, 0x7a, 0x7b, 0x7c, 0x7d, 0x7e, 0x7f,
0x80, 0x81, 0x82, 0x83, 0x84, 0x85, 0x86, 0x87, 0x88, 0x89, 0x8a, 0x8b, 0x8c, 0x8d, 0x8e, 0x8f,
0x90, 0x91, 0x92, 0x93, 0x94, 0x95, 0x96, 0x97, 0x98, 0x99, 0x9a, 0x9b, 0x9c, 0x9d, 0x9e, 0x9f,
0xa0, 0xa1, 0xa2, 0xa3, 0xa4, 0xa5, 0xa6, 0xa7, 0xa8, 0xa9, 0xaa, 0xab, 0xac, 0xad, 0xae, 0xaf,
0xb0, 0xb1, 0xb2, 0xb3, 0xb4, 0xb5, 0xb6, 0xb7, 0xb8, 0xb9, 0xba, 0xbb, 0xbc, 0xbd, 0xbe, 0xbf,
0xc0, 0xc1, 0xc2, 0xc3, 0xc4, 0xc5, 0xc6, 0xc7, 0xc8, 0xc9, 0xca, 0xcb, 0xcc, 0xcd, 0xce, 0xcf,
0xd0, 0xd1, 0xd2, 0xd3, 0xd4, 0xd5, 0xd6, 0xd7, 0xd8, 0xd9, 0xda, 0xdb, 0xdc, 0xdd, 0xde, 0xdf,
0xe0, 0xe1, 0xe2, 0xe3, 0xe4, 0xe5, 0xe6, 0xe7, 0xe8, 0xe9, 0xea, 0xeb, 0xec, 0xed, 0xee, 0xef,
0xf0, 0xf1, 0xf2, 0xf3, 0xf4, 0xf5, 0xf6, 0xf7, 0xf8, 0xf9, 0xfa, 0xfb, 0xfc, 0xfd, 0xfe, 0xff
};

// those functions are 3-6 times faster in assembly.
// strcmp is an inline function, so I can't compete with it :(

int strnicmpmine(char *a,char *b,int n)
{
asm
{
mov esi,[a]
mov edi,[b]
mov ecx,[n]
xor eax,eax
xor ebx,ebx
_strloop1:;
dec ecx
js goodend1
mov al,[esi]
inc esi
mov al,[eax+LowerCaseTable]
mov bl,[edi]
inc edi
mov bl,[ebx+LowerCaseTable]
cmp al,bl
jnz badend1
test al,al
jnz _strloop1
goodend1:;
xor eax,eax
jmp _strexit1
badend1:
sbb eax,eax
or eax,1
_strexit1:
}
};
int stricmpmine(char *a,char *b)
{
asm
{
mov esi,[a]
mov edi,[b]
xor eax,eax
xor ebx,ebx
_strloop2:;
mov al,[esi]
inc esi
mov al,[eax+LowerCaseTable]
mov bl,[edi]
inc edi
mov bl,[ebx+LowerCaseTable]
cmp al,bl
jnz badend2
test al,al
jnz _strloop2
xor eax,eax
jmp _strexit2
badend2:
sbb eax,eax
or eax,1
_strexit2:
}
};

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

virus alert (cross-posted to all groups)

Feb 21, 2004, 5:58am
[View Quote] First - if you feel the urge to crosspost to all the groups, set the follow-up to community (where this topic belongs to)
Second - before you start to spread FUD, study the case :)
This (and several other) worm picks its "From" address from the infected computer's address book and sends its payload to all the addresses it found within the address book.
According to Symantec's discovery the worm uses not only the address book but:

"8. Retrieves email addresses from files on the computer that have the following extensions:

* .msg
* .oft
* .sht
* .dbx
* .tbb
* .adb
* .doc
* .wab
* .asp
* .uin
* .rtf
* .vbs
* .html
* .htm
* .pl
* .php
* .txt
* .eml

"
In other words: someone in AW has an infected machine (should be an AW user - why else would he/she have the billing address of AWI?) and your email address is on that machine too - this is how the mail ended up on your machine with the sender mentioned above.
I'm not an advocate of MATT but it is not his job :)

FU set to community.
--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

sdk.aw_address conversion code

Feb 26, 2004, 8:13am
[View Quote] > char* Long2IP(long wIP, char* lpTemp)
> {
> /* our variables we use for each byte */
> unsigned char a1, a2, a3, a4 = 0;
> /* use bitwise shifting */
> a1 = (unsigned char)((wIP) >> 32);
> a2 = (unsigned char)((wIP) >> 8);
> a3 = (unsigned char)((wIP) >> 16);
> a4 = (unsigned char)((wIP) >> 24);
> /* display as the byte order */
> sprintf( lpTemp, "%i.%i.%i.%i", a1, a2, a3, a4);
> /* return the string */
> return lpTemp;
> }
>
> The first byte confused me a bit, needed to do a bit of research but it
> matches the SDK, and no lib needed (well... C Runtime... hehehe) Do I get
> brownie points?
>
> - Mark R

No - you don't get ANY brownie points for this dirty and unacceptable solution!
It is a side-effect of the compilers which do (some!) rotate instead of shifting with the >> operator. Not to mention if the long is interpreted as 64 bits (some compilers do) when your routine fails .

Proper way is:
a1 = (unsigned char) wIP;
or be more precise:
a1=wIP&0xff;

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

sdk.aw_address conversion code

Feb 26, 2004, 5:37pm
[View Quote] > Well in that case their operators are screwed up aint they :) Its the coders
> job to check that any code that they will use from other people is
> compatable with the data that they are putting into it. If people are just
> going to copy the function without understanding what the hell it does then
> its entirely their own fault.

Actually not - the code you provided uses 8 bits beyond the 32 bits boundary (the >>32 means it is shifted 32 times to the right).
It is not logical and you are lucky it worked.
You wanted to change the sequence of the bytes within the dword, so be consistent please:) Don't shift the first byte if it is not necessary .

The actual translation in Borland is SAR (Shift Arithmetic right) while on a gnu compiler you'll get SHR shift logical right which will effectively turn the lowest byte to 0.

KISS:)

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Making a Bot Join a Person

Apr 14, 2001, 12:27pm
[View Quote] kkhhmmmm kkhhmmmm rather use cos(x)=sin(x+90)

> Grims/
<snip>

browser 498 and bots

Feb 27, 2004, 8:09pm
[View Quote] > Ahahahaha, i got it working, turns out i removed this bit of code and it
> started working.
>
> - Ep0ch

Conclusion - never trust in Strike's code :))

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Event AwObjectCollide

Jun 7, 2004, 5:54am
[View Quote] > An event raised when ever someone collides with an object with a name or
> with out a name.
>
> The event would then send to the sdk object number and basic properties as
> well as the avatar session name and location.

Imagine the traffic this option would generate :(( When you are walking you are colliding with several objects all the time.
OTOH it would be a very useful feature :)

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

SDK for LINUX - Beta testers required

Jul 14, 2004, 8:08pm
Hi all,

I finished the first phase of porting the AW SDK under Linux.

I will need beta testers to beat the hell out of it so I can fix whatever problem comes up.
I don't want to go through the login/password hassle for the beta newsgroup, so if anyone is interested, please sign up to news://news.andras.net/AW.Bots_And_SDK newsgroup where we can exchange experiments/bug reports.

Anyone who is interested to test the SDK under Linux, please sign in in news://news.andras.net/AW.Bots_And_SDK newsgroup.

I hope this project will fly and we would make the fastest beta phase in AW's history <would be hard to beat the media testing but we have to try!!>:)

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Linux SDK: Open Beta - released

Jul 18, 2004, 10:21am
Hi Folks,

Looks like we straighted out all the known quirks, so now everyone can test it.

http://www.andras.net/linuxsdk.html

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

aw_event_url_click repeating?

Aug 13, 2004, 5:39pm
[View Quote] > This may have already been covered, however I was unable to find any
> reference in the NGs.
>
> When using AW_EVENT_URL_CLICK, all clicks I trigger by clicking a URL in a
> website occur twice for each single click. Has anyone else seen this issue,
> and possibly found a way around it (aside from simply dupe-checking in code;
> I have already implemented this, and it solves the issue, but it seems a bit
> absurd)?

I can't find the description of this event - do you have a link to it?

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

aw_event_url_click repeating?

Aug 14, 2004, 5:33am
[View Quote] Thanks!

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

Learn to program bots!

Apr 19, 2001, 2:02pm
[View Quote] You both wrong! CP/M is rules!!!! No keyboard bottleneck, no task switching overhead - not to mention it runs on a Z80!
Andras

lost sessions?

Nov 19, 2004, 3:17pm
[View Quote] It was XelaG who wrote it and it is a very comprehensive article!

<I wish I know where it is :)>

--
Andras
"It's MY computer" (tm Steve Gibson)

RC_STREAM_EMPTY 421

Dec 15, 2004, 5:39am
[View Quote] > i get this with my "bot" as error code , any clue what it means ?

Which function call returns that error?